Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #74

DW Riolu isn't even released yet so there isn't any way for it to get prankster....
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    DW Riolu isn't even released yet so there isn't any way for it to get prankster....
    Except when it is released in the future. Might come in a new area on the dream world. You never know these days. Or they could just add it to an existing area.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Except when it is released in the future. Might come in a new area on the dream world. You never know these days. Or they could just add it to an existing area.
    And I put Illegal Prackster Set for my riolu set.
    Besides with BW 2 coming out the DW is going to be updated so we might get some new pokemon then.

Credit to iPokemon^

Quote Originally Posted by tomjames1966 View Post
    And I put Illegal Prackster Set for my riolu set.
    Besides with BW 2 coming out the DW is going to be updated so we might get some new pokemon then.
    Hope that's the case. As I posted on the first page, it would need to have Max Speed to make sure it outspeeds Choice Band Scizor so it can use the Copycat before it can counter with Bullet Punch. Extremespeed users just kills the set all together as well as other Prankster users like Whimsicott as Riolu is the 2nd slowest Prankster user (slowest being Sableye). Prankster Riolu can be risky to use but if the opponent doesn't have anything faster with Priority, then it can sweep. Just have a Revenge Killer just in case the last Pokemon doesn't go down to Entry Hazards. Just use it as a fodder, might as well use Toxic on the way out or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    We'll get Mega Flygon/Milotic when Roy gets his job back in SSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your Ridley on smash claims, now with fairy type add on for 20% extra coolness factor.

Comparing lucario to other ou fighting types. Apart from virizion, cobalion and meinshao, Lucario can run both a special and physical set. It may be slower than meinshao, cobalion and virizion, but lucario is very unpredictable, and hard to counter. Skarmory walls the other three, but lucario could just hit it with aura sphere, blaze kick, thunder punch ect. And then skarmory cant wall it. Lucario may not have the best speed, but it is a unique pokemon, able to be unpredictable makes it awesome.

Plus it has an awesome design :-D

Lucario has an amazing SD set that has stood the test of time, and an NP set that can work in niche situations. Agility might look usable on paper, but it lacks the power to really do anything in this meta that LO adamant SD luke cant already do. Any competetive player with experience using luke in real situations will be running the SD set, because honestly, its the only one that can succeed in the majority of situations. (and dont talk about skarm here, it 2hkos skarm, and with rotom and heatran as popular as they are...)

Bullet punch on luke is legitly amazing. It has exactly the same power as mach punch and hits terrakion just as hard (what else do you mp anyway...) and it takes out one of the best checks to luke:gengar. I personally like running coverage over it, but with the prevalence of rak and speedscor its a really good option. If you worry about jellicent, both celebi and rotom synergize well with luke...

so metal

Try this set out
    A classic combo
    Substitute
    Focus punch
    Crunch/shadow claw
    Extreme speed/bullet punch/reversal
    252 att 252 speed, 4 hp
    Jolly
    Item leftovers, muscle band.
    Ability steadfast
    A decent set. Use leftovers if you don't use reversal

I love Lucario. Thats just a plain fact. It has a typing that removes both of fighting's weaknesses and gives it two imunitys. Plus its type is only shared with cobalion. It has a huge moveset and two moves that are not distributed to many pokemon (Final Gambit, and Aura Sphere). It has the stats to run a brutal mixed sweeper set or even try a suicide set based on Final Gambit. But here is the set I love to use and has won me countless battles in the past.

Mixcario
    Item: Expert Belt
    Ability: Steadfast, Inner Focus, Justified (They all kinda suck.....)
    Blaze Kick/Hp Fire
    Aura Sphere/Hi Jump Kick
    Dragon Pulse
    Extreme Speed
    Nature: Rash
    Ev's: 252 attack, 252 spattack, 4 Speed
    This set is all about choices. You have two fire moves to choose from, and two fighting moves to choose from each with its own power and effects and either special or physical. Dragon Pulse and Blaze Kick/Hp Fire give you the almost un-resisted Dragon/Fire combo, with only Heatran Resisting. Then either Aura Sphere or Hi Jump Kick to kill aforementioned Heatran, either physicaly defensive ones or specialy defensive ones depending on with move you choose. Extreme Speed gives you +2 priority to pick off weakened Pokemon or even be a revenge killer. Rash gives you a boost to your special attack without reducing your attack. Ev's Spread gives you the maximum in both of your attacking stats, the 4 in speed will let you outspeed 0 speed Lucario.

Please, tell me what Luke runs 0 Speed?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Please, tell me what Luke runs 0 Speed?
    One with only priority attacks :3 (walled by ghosts and outclassed by hitmontop) but yeah 252 speed is mandatory (although I think there is a way to lower it a little cause of speed tiers but then you get outsped by other lucarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    One with only priority attacks :3 (walled by ghosts and outclassed by hitmontop) but yeah 252 speed is mandatory (although I think there is a way to lower it a little cause of speed tiers but then you get outsped by other lucarios.
    Or brave. It does ok with trick room sets, with an iron ball, but still outclassed by lots. Very bad to use.p

What might not be weird is that it get's blaze kick but no fire punch. Still not a fan of his design at all

In depth ability analysis
    Inner focus. Prevents unburdenlee from setting up, as you can attack the foe as you are unaffected by flinch. Steadfast seems better because of the speed boost.
    Steadfast. Quite a useful ability, with so many fake out users. Helps you to sweep the opponents if you are made to flinch. Best ability for its move sets (as most of its move pool is illegal with justified.
    Justified. Great for double for triple battles, but severly reduces its move set. Only use this in triples or switching in to dark attacks.

Overall
    Use either of the first 2 as they work best, until there is move tutors in gen v(which hopefully shall turn up in bw2 )

Or brave. It does ok with trick room sets, with an iron ball, but still outclassed by lots. Very bad to use.p
    Then why you suggest it? even then it is horrible better use chandelure or gallade (and even them...)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Prediction for next week: Blastoise

Credit to iPokemon^

Then why you suggest it? even then it is horrible better use chandelure or gallade (and even them...)
    Chandelure has the same speed as lucario, and also it is unpredictable. Bring something totally unpredictable to battle, and the foe is ruined.
    Eg. Ferrothorn has become very dangerous, so people have equipted flamethrower, and air balloon heatran is common, so people come with a fighting type move. Something like a trick room set completely offbalances a team made to out speed.

DO NOT USE THIS SET
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Steadfast/Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Defense 252 Hp 4 Sp
    Iron Defense
    Toxic
    Detect
    Dark Pulse

VERY GIMMICKY don't put Lucario in a defensive role

Chandelure has the same speed as lucario, and also it is unpredictable. Bring something totally unpredictable to battle, and the foe is ruined.
    Eg. Ferrothorn has become very dangerous, so people have equipted flamethrower, and air balloon heatran is common, so people come with a fighting type move. Something like a trick room set completely offbalances a team made to out speed.
    chandelure= 80 lucario= 90 same speed huh?
    Just put a Jolteon under trick room could you?

want a fighting type under trick room? use conkeldurr or scarfty or machamp but no lucario..

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    DO NOT USE THIS SET
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Steadfast/Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Defense 252 Hp 4 Sp
    Iron Defense
    Toxic
    Detect
    Dark Pulse

VERY GIMMICKY don't put Lucario in a defensive role
    Gimmick are sets that work sometimes (situational or too risky to work most of the time) this will never work... why you post useless sets? BTW if you use toxic the attacking move should be aura shere against steel types but this set is outclassed... by every single wall...
    Another note for your future sets for walls don't put defense boosting moves walls tend to switch a lot if you don't have magic guard you can be toxic stalled/leech seeded/burned and if you don't boost offense you are a set up fodder also if you boost one defense (via calm mind or bulk up/curse) put EVs in the defense stat you don't boost..

anyway something blue harvest needs are puns: anubis' aura, Love Jakal (I think it is from a nickelodeon show I don't remember which though), I will steel your aura (pun for steel type and aura)

BTW from where lucario gets the steel type anyway?
    Last edited by Ilan; 1st June 2012 at 2:06 AM.

BTW from where lucario gets the steel type anyway?
    The metal spikes? I dunno. Game Freak can be mysterious sometimes...
    Like, why are Golurk and Flygon Ground types and not Steel and Flying types, respectively.
    Last edited by grantholomew; 1st June 2012 at 2:14 AM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Hey guys, I just saw a riolu sweep today ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KId0...feature=g-vrec ). After its team set up spikes and stealth rocks, riolu can just roar away as much as it likes while the oppoment's hp chip away in the process.

Here is the rough idea on movepool for said riolu:

Riolu @ Focus Sash
    Nature:
    Ability: Prankster
    -Roar
    -Copycat
    -
    -

By using copycat, riolu can make use of roar without fearing a negative priority. With its ability, riolu is essentially using a +1 priority Roar! Priorities from the oppement will be its check, though.

Now, if only its dream world ability is released. But on the bright side, if it can be used, breeding moves would be legit as well, so here is my updated set:

Riolu @
    Nature: Modest/Adament
    Ability: Prankster
    EV: 252 Sp.Att/Att, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    -Roar
    -Copycat
    -Screech
    -Vacuum Wave/Bullet Punch

In cases where riolu's 'sweep' goes wrong, it can use screech for the next pokemon to revenge kill.

The 4th slot is for offence purposes. Bullet Punch has no STAB, but it uses its higher attack stat. Vaccum Wave has STAB, but its sp. att sucks. So choose your poison, but either way, at least you're sure to hit due to their priorities.

I have maxed its speed in its desperation to break any priority ties possible. Still need an item for this set. The previous set has focus sash, but i'm very sure if it'll work given the foe can do entry hazards as well.
    Last edited by pikadon92; 2nd June 2012 at 10:12 AM.

@Ilan
    Let me rephrase that: chandlure and lucario have similar speeds. Also, trick room sorts out the speed problem, and lets you use 252 evs in both attacking stats, but, true you could use conkeldurr. Also, I think it's the bones on his hands, that gives him the steel type. Partners for lucario whismcott, as it can use tailwind to sort out the speed problem, and beat up for justified. Landorus and gliscor fight back at lucario's weaknesses. Swampert is great, battering the ground and fire types
    Last edited by philzone; 2nd June 2012 at 7:54 AM.

Personal/Mixed Moveset
    Justified w/ Scope Lens
    Aura Sphere
    Metal Claw
    Blaze Kick/Shadow Claw
    Earthquake/Stone Edge

Physical-only
    Justified w/ Muscle Band
    Adamant w/ 248 Attack, 148 Defense, 100 Sp Defense, 14 Speed
    Close Combat/Brick Break
    Bulk Up
    Blaze Kick/Shadow Claw/Payback
    Earthquake/Stone Edge

Special-only
    Steadfast w/ Wise Specs
    Modest w/ 248 Sp Attack, 124 Defense, 124 Sp Defense, 14 Speed
    Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
    Flash Cannon/Calm Mind (148 Def/100 Sp Def if this)
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Psychic

Partners:
    Beat Up-users if Justified is chosen
    Surf-users if Absorb Bulb is held by an all-special
    Discharge-users if Recharable Battery is held by an all-physical

Countering
    A Defensive pokemon that knows Fire/Fighting/Ground-type attacks like Garchomp, Charizard or Infernape.
    If Trick Room is in effect, Will-o-wisp & Night Shade Cofagrigus, Physical Dusknoir/Metagross/Hitmontop/Dragonite, Heat Rotom, Blastoise, Special Togekiss, Focus Blast Gothitelle, and Altaria are recommended.
    Earthquake-users like Scolipede; if Trick Room is in effect, Bronzong, Claydol, Torterra, and Meganium.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 3rd June 2012 at 6:09 AM. Reason: Based on a recent replies
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Before this POTW, let's give riolu some LC sets

Riolu@Life Orb/Choice Band/Scarf
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Steadfast
    EV: max Att and Spd, then put the rest to HP
    -High Jump Kick
    -Crunch/Shadow Claw
    -Rock Slide
    -Blaze Kick

Since lucario can be bred with smeagle, any breeding combos are legit. Basically it's for the foes that make uses on fake out. Now if only this works when riolu switches into a flinching move.

Anyways, the move choices are for riolu to handle its weakness. Blaze Kick is for ferroseed and bronzor.

If high jump kick's not worth the use due to its recoil, you may want to try this instead:

Riolu@Salac Berry
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Steadfast
    EV: max Att and Spd, then put the rest to HP
    -Endure
    -Crunch/Shadow Claw
    -Reversal
    -Rock Slide/Blaze Kick

After an endure, at 1 HP, Riolu can do 200 base power, 300 icluding STAB! Custap Berry is a option, if legit, as it guarantees riolu to move first.

1/22=~4.55%, which make reversal deal 150 or 200 base damage, depending on how you round the resulting number. On the bright side, it'll do an equalivent to hyper-beam at worst. But it should round up to 5%.

Now, for EVs, Riolu needs 196 to max is attack and speed each and 116 to just reach its HP from 20 to 22. This is just nice as it has 2 EV points remain, which is typical for a 252/252/4 spread pokemon.
    Last edited by pikadon92; 2nd June 2012 at 2:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Personal/Mixed Moveset
    Justified w/ Scope Lens
    Aura Sphere
    Metal Claw
    Blaze Kick
    Earthquake/Stone Edge

Physical-only
    Justified w/ Muscle Band
    Adamant w/ 248 Attack, 124 Defense, 124 Sp Defense, 14 Speed
    Force Palm/Close Combat/Brick Break
    Metal Claw/Iron Tail
    Blaze Kick
    Earthquake/Stone Edge

Special-only
    Steadfast w/ Wise Specs
    Modest w/ 248 Sp Attack, 124 Defense, 124 Sp Defense, 14 Speed
    Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
    Flash Cannon
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Psychic/Water Pulse

Partners:
    Beat Up-users if Justified is chosen
    Surf-users if Absorb Bulb is held by an all-special
    Discharge-users if Recharable Battery is held by an all-physical

Countering
    A Defensive pokemon that knows Fire/Fighting/Ground-type attacks like Garchomp, Charizard or Infernape. If Trick Room is in effect, Will-o-wisp & Night Shade Cofagrigus, Physical Dusknoir/Metagross/Hitmontop/Dragonite, Heat Rotom, Blastoise, Special Togekiss, Focus Blast Gothitelle, and Altaria.
    Earthquake-users like Scolipede; if Trick Room is in effect, Bronzong, Claydol, Torterra, and Meganium.
    why you put moves like iron tail, metal claws flah cannon water pulse? I think you a;ways just put random moves into /s and think it is enough well... it's not.

@Ilan
    Let me rephrase that: chandlure and lucario have similar speeds. Also, trick room sorts out the speed problem, and lets you use 252 evs in both attacking stats, but, true you could use conkeldurr. Also, I think it's the bones on his hands, that gives him the steel type. Partners for lucario whismcott, as it can use tailwind to sort out the speed problem, and beat up for justified. Landorus and gliscor fight back at lucario's weaknesses. Swampert is great, battering the ground and fire types
    No trick room worsen the speed problem slow bulky threats now outspeed and KO lucario easier also 80 and 90 are far from similar
    even 80 and 81 are not similar...
    It is OU no "everybody uses only jolteon cause he is the fastest"
    Last edited by Ilan; 2nd June 2012 at 2:04 PM.

why you put moves like iron tail, metal claws flah cannon water pulse? I think you a;ways just put random moves into /s and think it is enough well... it's not.
    Iron tail and water pulse are Gen 4 Tutor moves. Metal Claw can increase the user's Attack. Flash Cannon can lower the target's Sp Defense. But don't worry, I already made some changes.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast