Special set:

Modest/Timid Nature

Choice Specs

ability

Calm Mind
    Aura Sphere
    Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
    Flash Cannon/Dragon Pulse
    What is this I don't even. Anyway, who wants a mixed Lucario?

Mixcario
    Justified/Steadfast
    Naive/Hasty
    EVs: 252 Atk; 4 SpAtk; 252 Spe
    Life Orb
    Moves:
    Work Up
    Close Combat
    Crunch/Priority
    Hidden Power Ice

CC to rape Blissey and just to have an awesome move. Crunch is to get rid of those nasty ghosts and HP Ice is for Flying types that resist CC. Ice is lovely for Salamence, Dragonite, Landorus, and Gliscor. Extremespeed, Bullet Punch, and Vacuum Wave get the mention because Lucario just isn't fast.

Oh, tomjames reminded me!
    SUPER TANK Riolu
    Prankster
    Bold
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
    Focus Sash
    Roar
    Copycat
    Filler
    Filler

When Prankster is available, this thing will be silly good. Set up hazards with something, anything, acquire a good spinner to keep your own focus sash alive, then switch this little baby in. Roar the first time, protected by your sash. Then, use priority Copycat to Roar eternally!

Requires support. As I said, no hazards can be on your side, and some have to be on the opponent's. Also, no priority users can be on the other team, so scout and kill those.

Happy Trolling!
    Last edited by SwordsDanceStruggle; 27th May 2012 at 5:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    Lucario is just sooooooooo epic. He has an epic movepool, mostly epic stats, and epic typing too!
    110/115/90 is nothing to scoff at, while 70/70/70 isn't the worst out there.

My choice is Lucario

Item: Choice Scarf/Band
    Ability: Steadfast/Justified
    Nature:Jolly
    EV's:252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Bullet Punch
    Ice Punch/Shadow Claw

Standard Choice set. Kill lots of stuff, then switch. Ice Punch if Steadfast, Shadow Claw if Justified.(Due to legal issues)
    Crunch is better than Shadow Claw!
    My riolu set!
    Riolu
    Illegal Prankster Set
    @Leftovers
    EVS: 252HP/100Def/100Sp.Def/56 Spd
    Ability: Prankster
    Nature: Jolly
    Toxic
    Roar(If it gets the prankster boost. /(if not)Circle throw
    Protect
    Attract
    Stalling at first doesn't seem to be what riolu sould do, but then you look at his ability. Prankster, one of the best abilitys in the game makes riolu into a effective toxic shuffler. Attract is there to help stall for time and male is the most common gender(as some players prefer male rather than female(I know a few who do!)) and infatuation is so annoying.

Credit to iPokemon^

Justified seems to be the most useful of Lucario's abilities. Since Dark moves only deal quarter damage, it'll make Lucario better suited for dark switch ins.

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

@thomasjames1966
    Shadow claw gets a high crit ratio, but is blocked by normals. Crunch has the same coverage, but can lower defence and hit normals. Personally I prefer the higher crits. One sure fire counter is mach punch from technician hitmontop. Decimation.

Have all of you forgotten the miserably aggrivating flinch-haxer that is Jirachi? That alone is enough for somebody like me to run inner focus as an honorable mention...on the flip side, things like that will probably just use a coverage attack due to lucario's double resistance to steel type attacks...i like the concept of a mixed attacker, but i can't ever seem to get it up and running...lucario is just a tad too slow to be a sweeper of that style. It's not bulky in the farthest stretch of the word either, so it cannot tank any big hits...with that said, i'll edit this later with a very anti-metagame-savvy set...i just need to do some research first...and finish my coffee

You guys will have to mind me, cuz im going to be putting down the various research related notes here...i'm at the lake and i don't have any paper...
    Note: all of these include full ev investment in a particular offensive stat. Take note of this now, as i will not repeat this below:

Max Sp.Def Rotom-W takes 274-324 damage from HP Grass +Life orb @ +2(max sp.att)...rotom's max hp = 304
    same lucario w/ A/sphere vs max sp.def blissey... 446-528 damage...blissey's max hp =714
    Same set, but timid vs neutral sp.def gliscor...125-148 damage w/HP grass...max hp = 354
    Same w/HP ice = 500-592
    Timid lucario max speed =306 ...neutral Gliscor max speed =289 ...plenty of room for ev movement to sp. Att
    hasty life orb lucario (no stat boost) vs max def. Gliscor...236-280 w/ice punch....at +1 = about 99%it chance OHKO
    same hasty lucario vs neutral defense gyarados w/Stone Edge =232-274...max hp =394....at +1= 348-410...only slight chance for OHKO
    max sp.att life orb lucario @+2 vs max sp.def conkeldurr...361-426 damage w/ A/sphere ...max hp= 414...slight chance for OHKO
    Max sp.att Specs Lucario vs max sp.def conkeldurr w/psychic...278-328 damage
    Comparison: conk's max sp.def is 251...at a sp.def stat of 200, there is still 0% chance of OHKO...Absolute max damage from Specs lucario's psychic does 412 damage out of 414 max hp
    Max sp.att scarf lucario vs terrakion (w/A/sphere) sp.def of 220 (kinda low investment) outside of sand...320-378 damage...max hp-386
    Max attack adamant scarf lucario's close combat is pretty much a guaranteed OHKO on all but max def terrakion
    Hasty max sp.att +life orb @+1 vs max sp.def rotom-w ... 188-222 damage...
    Lucario @max attack +1& life orb uses close combat...gg rotom-w...264-312 damage
    Rotom-w cannot OHKO without specs or cc's defense drops...cannot outspeed without a scarf either...High jump kick can remedy the retaliation hydro pump's surefire ohko due to not dropping defenses...higher chance to ohko as well
    Last edited by MetalCrow; 27th May 2012 at 9:07 PM.

Lucario got some nice boosts in BW. The main one would have to be Nasty Plot, which allows it to capitalize on its 115 base special attack. Extremespeed also went up to +2 priority, allowing it to bypass Lucario's mediocre speed and is great on Swords Dance or physical sets. It also has the 130 power Hi Jump Kick to tear through opponents.

Swords Dance
    Ability:Inner Focus/Justified
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt(?)
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Nature:Jolly
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick
    -Stone Edge/Crunch
    -Extremespeed/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch

Swords Dance boosts Lucario's attack to terrifying levels, allowing it to rip through the opposition with a STAB Fighting move of choice. Stone Edge and Crunch both pair well with the Fighting move. Stone Edge wrecks Flying types like Tornadus and Dragonite and also does heavy damage to Fire types like Ninetales. Crunch takes out Psychics like Alakazam, Reuniclus, and Mew. Extremespped has +2 priority to take out faster threats or cripple something before it dies. Ice Punch can be used to kill Dragons and Gliscor, but it can't be used with Justified. Bullet Punch should only be used to take out Terrakion, but Extremespeed has higher power and more priority, so it is a better choice against most opponents.

Nasty Plot
    Item:Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature:Timid/Naive
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Nasty Plot
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    -Vacum Wave/Flash Cannon/Close Combat

Nasty Plot was a boon for Lucario, allowing it to boost its Special Attack and sweep through teams. Aura Sphere is Lucario's main STAB and never misses. Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball both pair well with Aura Sphere and give great coverage. Vacum Wave is priority, which is always useful. Flash Cannon is another STAB option. Close Combat kills Blissey and Chansey, who otherwise wall you like to hell and back.

Doubles and Triples
    Lucario 4x resists Rock Slide and has its own Rock Slide to fire back. It also pairs with any Beat Up pokemon for insane attack boosts with Justified. However, it is weak to Heat Wave and Earthquake and too frail to take repeated Surfs.

Checks and Counters
    Gliscor is one of the best counters to physical sets. It can wall Lucario's attacks with its great defenses, Roost off the damage, and fire back with an Earthquake. However, it does need to watch out for Ice Punch. Multi-Scale Dragonite can take one hit, DDance, and kill with Earthquake. It does need to watch out for Ice Punches like Gliscor, and Stealth Rock generally ruins any attempt to set up. Focus Sash Alakazam can take an Extremespeed and KO back with Focus Blast, provided it hits. Scizor deals heavy damage with CB Bullet Punch, but won't like a Blaze Kick. Infernape outspeeds it and can kill Lucario with either STAB move, but needs to be careful of Extremespeed. Blissey, Chansey, and Jirachi wall special sets but won't like Close Combats. Terrakion can outspeed and kills any Lucario bar Choice Scarf and kill it with Close Combat, but needs to watch out for Bullet Punch and Vacumn Wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    It only covers two of the same types while Fire and Electric are both somewhat common types and Earthquake is especially useful since Lucario's weak to Fire. Entei's somewhat common while Heatran's extremely problem. Only problem is its Air Balloon.
    Also, although Blaze Kick is illegal with Justified in the game. If Riolu does become released in the Dream World it will become legal. Plus, it's legal on PO which is where most Pokemon battles take.
    That's why you have Fighting STAB like Close Combat and Aura Sphere though some Heatran are Specially Defensed and Stone edge cover's Entei. You could use rock slide instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Well fuk u too

Say hello to the Rayquaza of OU; Lucario is a 100% offensive Pokemon. Its movepool makes it very versatile and as a result, has lots of sets it can run. Lucario is one of those Pokemon that has no solid counter; depending on what set it runs, there are different counters.

Nasty Plot
    Item: Life Orb / Focus Sash
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dark Pulse / Dragon Pulse / Shadow Ball
    - Nasty Plot

Now that Lucario has gotten a reliable Special Attack booster, its special set can be even more devastating. Nasty Plot Lucario can even OHKO the two premier special walls: Chansey and Blissey. Aura Sphere is the main STAB move. Vacuum Wave is there to pick off faster threats, like a Terrakion after it has used Close Combat. The third slot has a few options. Dark Pulse is what I prefer because it has good coverage with Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave, has a 20% flinch chance, and hits the ever popular Psychics. Dragon Pulse gets perfect coverage though, and it is more powerful. It also allows Lucario to hit Salamence, Dragonite, and other Dragons that Lucario might come across. Shadow Ball gets perfect coverage and hits the aforementioned common Psychic types. It also doesn't activate Justified, so Pokemon that are hoping to swith into Dark Pulse don't get an attack boost. It can really surprise the rare Justified Gallade as well.

Swords Dance
    Ability: Inner Focus / Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Close Combat / Hi Jump Kick
    - Crunch / Bullet Punch / Ice Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed / Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance

This is what most players expect from Lucario. Swords Dance boost Lucario's Attack to high levels. Close Combat is probably the best option for the main STAB move. It has high base power and perfect accuracy. The defensive stat drops don't really matter, as Lucario has only 70 / 70 / 70 defenses. Hi Jump Kick can still be an option, as it has 10 more base power than Close Combat, but can cause heavy recoil if it misses or the opponent uses protect. Crunch gets good coverage with either Fighting-type move. Bullet Punch is an option over this though if you're concerned about Gengar though, which outspeeds Lucario and can potentially OHKO. If Bullet Punch is also used, Lucario's DW ability is compatible. Ice Punch is there to hit Gliscor and other flying types. Stone Edge should only be used with Bullet Punch, as then it will have no form of priority. It can be used to hit Ho-Oh, Volcarona, and Chandelure.

Agility
    Nature: Jolly / Adamant
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge / Ice Punch
    - Agility

This set is rather overlooked, but is still effective. It aims to patch up Lucario's average speed rather than hit super hard. The moveset is simailar to the Sword Dance set, so refer to that for explanation of the moveset.

Choice Specs
    Item: Choice Specs
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power Ice

Similar to the Nasty Plot set, except this gains immediate power. Hidden Power Ice is added though, because it can hit flying types like Gliscor.

Choice Band
    Ability: Inner Focus / Justified
    Item: Choice Specs
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Crunch / Bullet Punch
    - Stone Edge / Ice Punch

Again, similar to the Swords Dance and Agility sets, but gains immediate power. The moves serve similar purposes to that as well.

Other Options
    Shadow Claw can be used on any physical set for perfect coverage with Close Combat or HJK, but is weak and its only real use would be against Gallade. ThunderPunch and Blaze Kick are options against Skarmory, but Close Combat can usually do the same level of damage. Iron Tail and Flash Cannon are additional STAB options, but provide redundant coverage. A SubPunch set is viable, but Lucario would have to forgo one of its coverage moves then. A Focus Sash + Reversal or Counter set can be used, as it usually gets at least one kill. Lucario has many other physical moves at its disposal, like Cross Chop, Sky Uppercut, Low Kick, Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, and even Circle Throw, but they are all outclassed by the choices covered. Psychic is an option to hit Fighting Types that don't resist it, as they can be troublesome for Lucario.

Counters
    Speed is one of Lucario's major downfalls. Gliscor, Garchomp, Gyarados, or any other Earthquake user that outspeeds Lucario can KO it without much problem. Mewtwo, Fighting Arceus, and Ghost Arceus all outspeed it and KO with Aura Sphere, Judgement, and Focus Blast respectively. Priority also hurts Lucario; Conkeldurr can OHKO with Mach Punch.
    Last edited by MatchMaster; 27th May 2012 at 7:13 PM.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

A perfect pokemon for Sandstorm teams. It's two types have ice types run for their sakes!

Carnimus, once suffered pain, now seeks revenge.
    EVs: 252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Inner focus
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Shadow Claw
    Bullet Punch/Extreme Speed
    Reversal

Carnimus is the name of a Lucario I gave this moveset to, and he does smash things with it as long as hail isn't out. Reversal is your main attack while your HP is low, Shadow Claw kills off ghosties, and Bullet Punch/Extreme speed is for priority.

BTW, what does more damage: STAB bullet punch or Extreme Speed?

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlKirbyZombie View Post
    BTW, what does more damage: STAB bullet punch or Extreme Speed?
    ExtremeSpeed. STAB Bullet Punch only has 60 base power.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Quote Originally Posted by MatchMaster View Post

Agility
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge / Ice Punch
    - Agility
    Wait I'm sorry but wtf?
    Give it Adamant nature ._.

Now i got some Aura Pokemon puns:

It can be a physical sweeper....
    ....Aura special sweep

I can see your Aura (heehee)

Aura Hyper Offensive
    Last edited by jeffdavid102; 27th May 2012 at 6:31 PM.

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Adamant
    252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
    Life Orb
    Extreme Speed
    Close Combat
    Swords Dance
    Crunch
    Credit to Extroph for the banner

When Gamefreak first announced the release of a fourth generation, Lucario was among one of the pokemon that they showed. Everyone loved it, and as soon as Diamond and Pearl came out, Lucario became an instant star. With a versatile movepool, workable stats and access to Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, Lucario excels in the competitive environment. His typing is decent, giving him half offensive and half defensive typing. Doesn't really work that well for a pokemon with such little bulk, but it's fine. Like I mentioned earlier, Lucario's movepool is phenomenal. Access to Psychic, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, and a variety of physical attacks, Lucario is just amazing. His abilities aren't that great, but they could be worse. His new DW Ability, Justified, is pretty good for Doubles, making him just like Terrakion when it comes to killing stuff. All in all, a very good pokemon.
    I might post a set later.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

I've been using a special sweeper Lucario in 4th gen:
    -Aura Sphere: To take down normal,rock,steel,ice,dark
    -Dark Pulse: to get those annoying ghosts and psychics down
    -Dragon Pulse/Calm Mind: To slay dragons (like Garchomp) or to boost yourself
    -Psychic: To defeat fighting types
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 252 Sp attack, 252 HP/speed, 4 HP/speed
    Abilities: All of them suck really hard imo. You wont have anything on Justified with this set. So use Steadfast
    -Justified: Who's going to use a dark type movve on someone who is almost immune to them
    -Steadfast/Inner Focus: Fliches are like really rare.
    Item: Expert Belt/Life Orb/Leftovers all work for this set

Personal request: feature Hydreigon/Haxorus next week, they're extremly powerful
    Last edited by Laszdy; 27th May 2012 at 7:25 PM.

Don't forget about the part where Lucario can learn Water Pulse via TM to take out fire types and ground types using earthquake.

Lucario
    @Choice Scarf
    Ability:Steadfast
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Aura Sphere
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    Primus et Ultimus
    Come Join!http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=547265
    0 Denarii

My Luckiest Battle Ever
    40-65423-88705

Looking For:
    (Pearl)
    Murkrow/Honchkrow
    Larvitar/pupitar/tyranitar
    Arceus
    (Black)
    Thundurus
    Landorus
    Archen/Archeops
    Drizzle Poliwhirl(With Kings Rock)
    Drought Vulpix/Ninetales
    Aron
    (SS)
    None as of now

Pokemon Black : 8 Badges E4 and champion beaten
    Pokemon White: 8 Badges E4 Beaten
    Pokemon SS: ;28; ;12; 8 Badges

Double Booster

Lucario @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry/Expert Belt/something else
    Adamant/Modest
    Inner Focus
    252 SpA or Atk, depends on physical or special. give it enough speed to outspeed like everything unscarfed and the rest into Hp.
    -Agility
    -Swords Dance/Nasty Plot
    -Close Combat/Aura Sphere
    -Crunch/Shadow Ball

Agility doubles speed, which may be enough to perform a sweep. SD/NP doubles offense, so a sweep is nearly guaranteed. CC/AS is STAB, crunch/shadow ball is coverage

Default Jackel Wars Episode IV: A New Idea

Lucario, a fan-favorite and competitive regular. Good stats, good type, decent abilities, a slick design (looks like Anubis and can cause as much damage too), no wonder this Pokemon is so popular. Adding to this potential is an impressive movepool (far greater than either of it's types would suggest) and now has access to semi-reliable self healing (Drain Punch going up in damage & PowerPoint amount), meaning so few Pokemon can switch in and claim to counter every possible Lucario variation. Sadly, Lucario is a Pokemon of wasted potential, too. Despite a higher Special Attack (expect me to rant about this more in future), most competitive sets rely on Lucario's Attack stat. This generation, Lucario's Dream World ability Justified is dead-set on cementing it's role as another Physical Sweeper, dare I say overshadowing the fact that Lucario now has access to Nasty Plot; the lack of this move somewhat justified (groan if you hate puns too) raising Lucario to be Physical since it then (and still now) has Swords Dance. Not that it's a bad thing, but when more people praise a Pokemon for doing one thing when it's stats are inclined another way and has the potential for so much more...
    Okay, enough with the rant. Physical Lucario is deadly for a reason, the less common Special variants are no less deadly (and are what set Lucario apart from other Fighting types), and there is a niche that Lucario can do that few others can...and of them, only Lucario can pull it off so darn well. (I'll post other sets later this week as I think of them and find them not already mentioned, but for the moment, just this one)

His power level...IT'S OVER 9000!

~Bullet Punch
    ~Vacuum Wave
    ~Work Up
    ~Filler (see Other Options below)
    Attached Item: Life Orb/Leftovers/Expert Belt/Lum Berry
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs and Nature: 128 Attack / 128 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    Naive (+ Speed, - Special Defense), Hasty (+ Speed, - Defense)

Plenty of Pokemon get a Priority move. Few get both a Special and a Physical Priority move. Lucario is one of a handful that runs the above moveset (depending on the filler, only one other can copy this). Of that handful, only Smeargle has the stats that aren't lopsided to make this totally unfeasible...and what was said about Smeargle's sweeping capabilities even with Technician (which would make this set near-broken on Lucario)? Anyways, this is something that only Lucario can hope to pull off, and if given a chance, will strike fear into the hearts of unexpecting battlers. Scizor may pull off Bullet Punch with more intimidation thanks to STAB and Technician, but Lucario does have some advantages: unpredictable other moves and a manageable X2 Fire weakness among them. Vacuum Wave is a Special Attack that gets Priority (works off of Lucario's higher offensive stat too) that is rarely seen on anything not named Toxicroak (who's Special Attack is laughable compared to Lucario). This gives Lucario an element of surprise and screws over counters who think they can handle a non-Scizor backed Bullet Punch (like Skarmory). Lucario also gets STAB on both of these Priority moves, and last time I checked, there is no other Pokemon who gets STAB on two Priority attacks of different types that also are not both Physical and/or Special. Which means anything switching in will be hurt by one or the other. Work Up is what earns this moveset the Vegeta meme for it's title. It boosts both the user's Attack and Special Attack by one stage each. Not immediately impressive compared to Swords Dance or Nasty Plot but when you can strike the legendary Skarm-Bliss wall combo at their weak points...yeah, that is not something you want to take lightly. The final moveslot should be used depending on what you need, be that a more powerful move to sweep or something to deal with a would-be counter. You can't cover everything with this moveslot, so pick what you need and work your team to cover the missing gaps.
    Item should be self-explanitory at this point: Life Orb is blahblahblah, Leftovers give healing, Expert Belt is blahblahblah, Lum Berry so you don't get ruined by status (once).
    As for Ability...as mentioned earlier, Technician would make this set near-broken. Short of a Gameshark or Action Replay (or anything like that), you can't get a Lucario with this anyways. Justified can be used, but not recommended unless you use a Physical Attack for the filler. Usable, but I prefer Steadfast for this set. Being immune to Flinch is nice, but when you end up out-speeding even Arceus Extremespeed (should the situation arise, though I doubt it) after a few flinches with your own Priority moves, then you can shout this meme and you might well be right.
    EVs should be self-explanitory for those of you who've seen my Mew entry. If desired, you can swap out 8-12 EVs from one of Lucario's offensive stats to the other if you wish for more damage to be done to whichever of Skarm-Bliss you need more help with, but with Work Up boosting both offensives at the same time, this is a case where you can forgo the massive investment to one stat or the other. Now, because of this set's focus on Priority moves, one might question why invest in Lucario's Speed at all. A good question, with good answers. 1, you want to ensure that you've got a safety layer in place to get at least one Work Up in before you get Taunted by anything not running Prankster. 2, at Base 90 Speed, Lucario isn't the fastest out there. Another Priority user with a Choice Scarf or, even worse, an Infernape can and will outrun you even with double Priority unless you max out your Speed. Even then it might not be enough, but what's the odds that your opponent is expecting you to run this set?
    Nature is for the same reason as EV placement, plus no real reason to run something else. Or, as can be described in the following trademarked opener: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...a previous generation once claimed that "Lucario's offensive stats are usable at their Base." Unless that has changed, there is no need to run an offensive-boosting Nature on this set.

OTHER OPTIONS:
    Okay, now for the moves that can be used to flesh out this moveset. Like I said earlier, not every move will cover every threat that you will face. Just pick what you need most and build your team around what you can't hurt.
    ~Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball hit Bulky Ghosts (who seem to counter most sets I create) hard and gives perfect coverage with Vacuum Wave. The claw is Physical and has a higher Critical rate while the ball works off the higher offensive stat and may lower Special Defense, making the aforementioned Fighting move hit harder.
    ~Dark Pulse/Crunch are in the same boat as the previous moves, just with slightly less perfect coverage. Dark Pulse can Flinch, but Lucario's a tad slow to try and take advantage of this. Crunch can lower the foe's Defense, making Bullet Punch hit harder.
    ~Dragon Pulse nails Salamence and Garchomp while hitting neutral on almost everything. And of the things that resist it, most Steel types don't want to take a Vacuum Wave.
    ~Extremespeed makes Lucario the only Pokemon who can run 3 Priority moves at once...and do major damage with them. The lack of super-effective coverage and low PP makes this option less desirable, but if you really want to put far more EVs into Lucario's offense instead of Speed, use it.
    ~Aura Sphere is for straightforward sweeping.
    ~Close Combat is in the same boat as Aura Sphere, but Physical and has a negative side affect that may bite you in your tail.
    ~Psychic gets rid of Toxicroak (as well as other Fighting types) and has good power and a useful side affect. Plus only Dark types (and Shedinja) are immune to it, and few would dare switch into a Lucario in the first place.
    ~Brick Break is...same as Close Combat just more PP, less power, and stops Screen users.
    ~Stone Edge/Rock Slide is for Gyrados, Volcarona, and Salamence. For those who don't know me by now, Rock Slide gets preference due to higher accuracy, more PP, and can Flinch.
    ~Poison Jab...if you really hate Tangrowth and want to see it die. Not much else otherwise.
    ~Flash Cannon is in the same boat as Aura Sphere. Advantages? May lower the foe's Special Defense and the only Ghost type immune is Shedinja.
    ~Sky Uppercut is a more powerful, slightly less reliable Brick Break.
    ~Blaze Kick ends Heracross, Ferrothorn, and the swarm of Bug/Steel types that are critical to many teams.
    (from this point on, the following moves are illegal with Justified. if you want that ability, don't consider anything after this point)
    ~Drain Punch, as previously stated, gives Lucario some self-healing and got better this generation.
    ~Thunderpunch annihilates Gyrados.
    ~Ice Punch annihilates the multitude of X4 Ice-weak Dragons.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

-Take up thy cross and follow Christ Jesus.
    ~Don't underestimate my God~
    ♥I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.♥

I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar, "I don't use "uber" Pokemon," edited out by me because I do use "uber" Pokemon on occasion.)

Why is everyone mentioning Water Pulse, yes it can confuse but Stone Edge covers fire's and Ice Punch hits grounds including Landorus and Gliscor. Base power of 60 is weaker then HP water with base power of 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Well fuk u too

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoshi View Post
    His power level...IT'S OVER 9000!

~Bullet Punch
    ~Vacuum Wave
    ~Work Up
    ~Filler (see Other Options below)
    Attached Item: Life Orb/Leftovers/Expert Belt/Lum Berry
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs and Nature: 128 Attack / 128 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    Naive (+ Speed, - Special Defense), Hasty (+ Speed, - Defense)
    Interesting set, but there is some criticism I'd like to share. While a mixed set is interesting, Lucario does miss out on a lot of potential power. If Lucario had say 125 Atk / 130 SAtk or had a super-powerful special move to spam like Infernape has (Overheat), it might be more viable. While Work Up is good as a boosting move, it only boosts stats one level at a time, which was partly why Lucario couldn't run a non-choice Special set last generation; Due to Lucario's Fraiity, using Calm Mind to boost the SAtk was unreliable, as it would most likely take two turns to set up, and frailer Pokemon have to set up as quickly as possible so they can do damage before they're KO'd.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Overview:
    Lucario is a really cool Pokemon. His typing, Fighting/Steel, is only shared with Cobalion. He sports nine resistances, including a double resistance to Stealth Rock, and one immunity with only three weaknesses, which is good for an offensive Pokemon. Two of his weaknesses, however, are the ever-common Fighting and Ground, which can be difficult. Lucario boasts 110/115 for his offensive stats, allowing him to go physical, special, or mixed. This is helped by the fact that Lucario has a great movepool on both sides. Also, Lucario can learn Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, and Work Up, giving his offensive stats a boost. What holds Lucario back slightly, however, is his not-so impressive base 90 Speed and 70/70/70 defensive stats, meaning that neutral or super-effective hits cause problems. Also, his abilities are somewhat lackluster, although they are by no means useless. It you can overcome these problems, however, Lucario is a great asset to almost any team.

Abilities:
    Steadfast: When Lucario flinches, his Speed stat is raised by one stage. This is a good ability, but Lucario is not slow enough to worry about flinching to a great extent, although the Speed boost can be helpful.
    Inner Focus: Prevents Lucario from flinching. Again, this is not a huge asset to Lucario due to his Speed, but this is usually the preferred ability. After all, an immunity to flinching is usually better than a boost that may not help in the end.
    Justified: Lucario's Attack stat is raised by one stage every time he is hit by a Dark-type move. This is a pretty good ability, seeing as Lucario has a double resistance to Dark, but this ability should only be used on physical sets. Otherwise, just run Inner Focus.

Movesets:

Physical Sweeper
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Extremespeed/ Bullet Punch
    -Crunch/ Ice Punch
    Hold Item:Life Orb
    Ability: Justified/Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed

This is a fairly straightforward set. Switch in on something Lucario resists (such as Dark), boost, then sweep. Swords Dance doubles Lucario's Attack to 638, which turns into about 798 if it nabs a boost from Justified. From here, choose the best move. Close Combat is a very powerful STAB, with the only drawback being the lowering of Lucario's defensive stats by one stage. Both Extremespeed and Bullet Punch have priority, which is very helpful for Lucario. Extremespeed has higher priority, higher power, and better coverage, although Bullet Punch is good because nothing is immune to Steel. The last move has to do with coverage. If you are running Extremespeed, Crunch is the best option toprevent Lucario from being walled by Ghost-types, while also nabbing a super-effective hit on said type. Ice Punch is also good for taking down Gliscor, which can wall Lucario effectively, as well as Landorus, Dragonite, and Salamence.
    Life Orb makes Lucario even more powerful by boosting the power of its moves. However, Focus Sash can be also be used to increase the chance that Lucario can pull off a boost before dying, although Magic Guard users can do this more effectively. Since this is a physical set, Justified is the better option, although Justified and Ice Punch are incompatible. The Jolly nature is to boost Lucario's Speed, while the EVs are to maximize offenses and Speed.

Special Sweeper
    -Nasty Plot
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    Hold Item: Life Orb
    EVs: 4 Defense, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed

Same as the previous set, only going special. Nasty Plot boosts Lucario's Sp. Attack to 658, which is massive. Aura Sphere is powerful, gets STAB, and has perfect accuracy. Dark Pulse hits Ghost-types for double damage, while also keeping Psychic-types from walling Aura Sphere. HP Ice is for additional coverage, again hitting Gliscor, Landorus, and other for lots of damage.
    The item is the same as in the previous set. Inner Focus is the best ability to run, since Justified's Attack boost is useless on this set. Again, the nature and EVs maximize offense and Speed.

Mixed Sweeper
    -Work Up
    -Close Combat/ Aura Sphere
    -Crunch/ Dark Pulse
    -Ice Punch/Hidden Power (Ice)
    Hold Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus/Justified
    Nature: Hasty/ Naive
    EVs: 128 Attack, 128 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed

This set attempts to let Lucario hit from either defensive side. This set lacks the raw power of the other two sets, but versitility is the name of the game here. Work Up boosts both of Lucario's attack stats by one stage. The rest of the moves let you choose which side of the spectrum you want to hit more, and the descriptions can be seen above.

Other Options:
    Lucario has quite a few options.
    -Obviously, Lucario can use any of the Choice items with ease.
    -A set with Agility can be used. For that set, run Adamant or Modest to boost Lucario's offense and the normal EV spread.
    -Air Balloon can give Lucario a temporary immunity to Ground, which can be fun if you switch into a Pokemon Choice-locked into Earthquake or something. This will force a switch, but be sure to know if the item is actually a Choice item and not Expert Belt or something.
    -Hi Jump Kick can replace Close Combat on physical sets, although the risk of missing or the opponent switching to a Ghost-type make this a risky switch.
    -Vacuum Wave is priority for special sets, although this usually works better on a Choice Specs set where Lucario has a fourth move slot open.
    -Blaze Kick, Thunderpunch, Psychic, and Dragon Pulse are some other moves Lucario can learn, but they are usually outclassed by the moves listed above. Psychic can be good against Fighting-types like Conkeldurr and Toxicroak, but they usually pack priority, making this a risky move choice.

Counters
    The Pokemon that can counter Lucario are completely dependent on his set and movepool. Gliscor is terrific against physical Lucario if he lacks Ice Punch, while Chansey and Blissey can be somewhat effective against special sets. Remember that Aura Sphere hits the two for super-effective STAB, which still put a large dent in them. Any Fighting-type that packs Mach Punch or Vacuum Wave can shred Lucario if he lacks priority of his own. This includes Conkeldurr, Toxicroak, Breloom, and other Lucario, with Toxicroak usually being the best choice unless a rare Psychic is used. Overall, Lucario is quite dangerous because of his vast choice of moves. If you lack solid priority, you may find it hard to take the Aura Pokemon down.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Lucario moveset
    mind sweeper
    calm mind
    flash cannon
    aura Sphere
    dragon pulse
    items leftovers
    nature quiet
    ev special attack and defense

Dancing Knight
    Swords dance
    close combat
    thunder punch
    drain punch
    item life orb
    nature Adamant
    ev attack and speed and defense

Quick killer
    extremspeed
    bullet punch
    vaccum wave
    bulk up
    item life orb
    nature Adamant
    ev attack special defense and defense

Reversal
    Lucario @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Hasty (+Spe, -Defense)
    - Reversal
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Crunch
    - Swords Dance / Ice Punch

The idea here is to spam crazy strong Reversals after getting down to low health. Reversal has 300 power with STAB at its strongest. Coming off Lucario's nice Attack stat will dent anything that does not resist it. Unfortunately, Lucario is a bit slow so other sweepers will be able to KO it first but that's why ExtremeSpeed is there. It lets Lucario unleash a final hit before it goes down. Crunch rounds off the coverage so Lucario will be able to hit everything for at least neutral damage. If you're up against a slower enemy, you can Swords Dance and then Reversal the next turn. I guess you could pack Ice Punch to decimate Gliscor if you're concerned about it but I'd rather have Swords Dance for stupidly high damage. Oh don't forget to put 0 IVs for HP, Defense, and Special Defense to help ensure that you'll reach 1 HP after being hit.

Reversal With Salac
    Lucario @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk) or Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk) These Natures should be used if you are running Substitute. If you are using Endure, run a Nature that lowers Defense. And don't forget to lower your defensive IVs if you use Endure.
    - Reversal
    - Substitute / Endure
    - Crunch / Swords Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed / Swords Dance

Unlike the previous set, this one uses the Salac Berry which will sharply raise Lucario's Speed when it is low on HP. Because Lucario is not normally very fast, it would benefit greatly from double Speed. You can use Substitute to lower your own HP and activate the Salac Berry but it's kinda risky since Lucario is a bit frail and slow. If you're lucky enough, you might be able to activate the Salac Berry with the Substitute still intact but that's not going to happen often. Using Endure is usually better. After you reach 1 HP with +2 Speed, you're ready to sweep with Reversal. You no longer have to fear threats such as Terrakion because you can now outspeed them and KO with Reversal. Anything that carries priority will finish you off so be careful. ExtremeSpeed probably won't kill them but it'll at least do some damage. I guess you could drop Crunch and have Swords Dance and ExtremeSpeed but stuff like Gengar will completely wall you. You're trading off coverage for an very powerful priority move. +2 Reversal will kill just about anything and ExtremeSpeed will do major damage to priority users (then again, the only priority users are Scizor and Dragonite; both which take half damage from ExtremeSpeed).

Mix Lucario
    Lucario:

-Aura Sphere
    -ExtremeSpeed
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Close Combat
    Item Attached: Life Orb
    Ability: Steadfast/ Inner Focus
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 128 Atk / 128 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed

Nature: I use my Lucario with a Rash Nature, but I don't know if it is the best Nature to make a Mixed Lucario. Maybe he could be with a Naive Nature or Hasty.

My Lucario is a killer, with my baton passer Gorebyss using shell smash to pass to my Lucario with White Herb can kill just like my Mixed Salamence, that has the same Strategy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast