Revival of the old thread that went inactive in January. I missed it.
This game is 20 questions, Pokémon-style! One person will think of a pokémon, and everybody else will try to figure out what pokémon they are thinking of by asking yes or no questions. The guess for the pokémon counts as a question, and whoever guesses correctly gets to think of the pokémon for the next round.
RULES: (all SPPf and Games Forum rules apply)
1. Do not think of a pokémon that has not been officially released - this gives you 720 options to choose from (*mega evolutions and different form(e)s do not count as separate pokémon).
2. Do not ask questions regarding the pokédex number. You can however ask if it is in a specific dex or generation (ex: "Is it in the Mountain Kalos Dex?" or "Was it introduced before generation 3?" is fine)
3. Do not ask subjective questions (ex: "Is it a pokémon I would like?" or "Is it a pokémon popular with girls?"). There must be a definitive "yes" or "no".
4. Do not ask "or" / multi-part questions (ex: "Is it purrloin, houndour, or poochyena?" or "Is it red, orange, or yellow in colour?"). There's only 720 possible answers as opposed to the usual millionish, so that makes it too easy to narrow the pokémon down and discourages more creative guesses. For example, "Is it a ground, rock, or steel-type?" is not appropriate but "Is it a type immune to sandstorm?" is fine. Obviously that's a nitpicky example but just try to avoid the word "or" unless you're clarifying something. (ex: "Was it a type introduced after Gen I? (dark, steel, fairy)" is fine)
5. Wait until your question has been answered to ask another one.
6. If you are answering, answer honestly and ask if you need clarification on a question.
If you have correctly guessed the correct pokémon, you get to think of the pokémon for the next round! If nobody correctly guesses your pokémon, it is your turn again (or you can choose somebody else to do it).
If the person answering questions is inactive for 48 hours, the next poster after this time frame can start a new round. It may be appropriate for one person to send a polite VM reminding them around the 12 hour mark (I found in the last thread a lot of people genuinely didn't notice they won and were active once reminded), but don't PM them and don't VM them more than once.
Here's an example round:
1. Is it dual-typed? No
2. Is it found in hordes? No
3. Is it one of the original 15 types? Yes
4. Was it introduced after gen 3? No
5. Does it share a type with any starter pokemon? No
6. Does it stand on two legs? Yes
7. Was its type Special-based before the physical/special divide? No
8. Is it from a odd-numbered generation? No
9. Can it evolve? Yes
10. Does it appear in any of the Kalos pokedexes? Yes
11. Is it immune to a type? Yes
12. Can it use a move that does damage to itself, such as Wood Hammer and Explosion (discounting struggle)? Yes
13. Does the Pokémon have more than two weaknesses? No
14. Is it Sentret? No
15. Is it Teddiursa? YUP
I will think of a pokemon for the first round!