Page 121 of 421 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

Did metroid leave???

It was quite ambiguous. People said about something in his sig but i thought that was for a league he was starting (Originally asked me to do the art)

Push da button

Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    Did metroid leave???
    Old news

Oh, and Jhen, how many RP did lodestar get in his test battle?

Most teams seem to be signing players, except for Hearthome City. So, emboar4ever, get a move on! Oh, and Sky still needs to confirm his contract with Nimbasa.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Old news

Oh, and Jhen, how many RP did lodestar get in his test battle?
    Old news didnt answer my question

no idea

Push da button

Yes he did.

And that's awkward. Do you remember testing him?
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Yes he did.

And that's awkward. Do you remember testing him?
    cool

yes ..... Searching for the ammount now

Search Complete .. Lodestar gets :

320 RP
    Last edited by JhenMohranMH3; 15th July 2012 at 11:01 PM.

Push da button

Forum Name: xulapah
    PO Name*:xulapa
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):don't have yet
    Timezone (in GMT)***:rio de janeiro/Brazil
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**:The Emerald Divison - Hoenn - Green - Leader + Supreme Patriach Psycho Cut
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:07/10
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:I play pokemon since 2005, starting on crystal, after ruby and emerald, and after platinum and BW. I like to use strong pokemons that a few people use, but pokemon that can surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by xulapah View Post
    Forum Name: xulapah
    PO Name*:xulapa
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):don't have yet
    Timezone (in GMT)***:rio de janeiro/Brazil
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**:The Emerald Divison - Hoenn - Green - Leader + Supreme Patriach Psycho Cut
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:07/10
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:I play pokemon since 2005, starting on crystal, after ruby and emerald, and after platinum and BW. I like to use strong pokemons that a few people use, but pokemon that can surprise.
    Accepted! And i think psycho would love to have you in Emerald with Probably the first use of "supreme patriarch" ever

Push da button

Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    Accepted! And i think psycho would love to have you in Emerald with Probably the first use of "supreme patriarch" ever
    Lol He made sure to get in Emerald....he named it every way possible xD

Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

Now I really want to know where the name Xulapah comes from. That is an insane name.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Now I really want to know where the name Xulapah comes from. That is an insane name.
    Maybe it means something in Brazilian? *shrug*

OK guys, gimmicky Golem time! Tell me your thoughts. It's not a Random Moveset so Magic can't get on my case, it's just something I need an opinion on.

Golem@Leftovers
    Brave/Sassy
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    -Curse
    -Gyro Ball
    -Sucker Punch
    -Earthquake

I know it has low SDef, but I just want opinions. Not actually gonna use it or anything >.>
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Maybe against a physical attacker that doesn't carry Earthquake or some fighting move. So basically, it's not that great. Even with the defense boost, it can't take many hits from common super-effective types.

So some of you wanted me to make a guide so I hope this will do.
    Synergy Time
    The Guide
    Step 1: Choose a pokemon to center the team around how about a gliscor

Step 2: Determine a set you'd like to try out, we have a gliscor who can be played both defensively and offensively so how about we make a little unique set.

Gliscor @ Flying Gem
    Nature Adamant
    Ability Poison Heal
    Evs 204 HP 252 Atk 52 Spd
    Acrobatics
    Ice Fang/U-Turn
    Earthquake
    Tailwind
    Now this set is unique it takes the sand veil offensive gliscor and twists it as tailwind is not typically used in singles. However we sacrifice speed for a little bulk and tailwind will give gliscor the speed it lost. Now for those who dont know tailwind will double the speed of your team for three turns. Now we have acrobatics as the obvious powerful stab move and with max attacking investment it will do a lot of damage. Next we have ice fang to hit dragons such as dragonite or salamence so we dont have to waste the flying gem, however we can opt for u turn if we desire to scout or preserve gliscor simply by using this move on the last turn of tailwind. Earthquake is the final stab move that we'll use for jirachi and metagross. Now the evs are custom made so that gliscor will have just enough speed to outspeed scarf base 110's with a positive nature while the rest goes into to hit points so gliscor will have an easier time setting up a tailwind and finally poison heal to absorb toxic from walls such blissey and get its health back. However if your running a sand team we might want to run sand veil however you might miss the status absorber.

Step 3: Figure out your weaknesses. In this case gliscor is weak to ice and water.

Step 4: Figure out what pokemon use these types. In our case common ones include rotom-w latios mamoswine politoed vaporeon and gastrodon. Now if you notice most of these pokemon are special attackers bar mamoswine so the best bet is to go with a special sponge.

Step 5: Find a pokemon to fit the requirements you need. In this case we need a special wall and a pokemon to take on water and ice so why not give a slowking a try

Step 6: Determine the set.

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Nature Calm
    Ability Regenerator
    Evs 252 HP 252 SDef 4 SAtk
    Toxic
    Scald
    Slack Off
    Grass Knot
    Now slowking is what you might call a specially defensive behemoth as it can sponge a specs draco meteor from latios and live with about 33% remaining this will allow slowking to also sponge scalds ice beams and surfs from pokemon and then recover them off via slack off or switching out with regenerator. Scald will allow us a nice stab and to get some damage off upon whatever decides to take it and potentially burn the opponent with the 30% chance. Next off we have grass knot which may seem weird but it one of the few ways we can hit gastrodon with this core while toxic will allow slowking to cripple and ware down opponents pokemon to a point where gliscor can come in and wipe out the rest of the opponents team

Step 7: Look at the two you have and analyze their weaknesses combined. In this case we have nothing to really take grass ghost or dark attacks.

Step 8: So looking at our weaknesses we may want a dark type which can also resist grass so lets take a look we could try houndoom bisharp hydreigon honchkrow and shiftry. Out of these pokemon we want something that can come in on gengar a pokemon neither of our pokemon will appreciate so we can go sucker punch bisharp or honchkrow but hydreigon houndoom and shiftry are out. So lets try honchkrow

Step 9: Determine your set so we have a few sets to try scarf or life subroost honchkrow.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
    Ability Moxie
    Nature Jolly
    Evs 4 Def 252 Atk 252 Spd
    Sucker Punch
    Night Slash
    Superpower
    Brave Bird
    Now with the release of black and white two the don of pokemon into a new rage as you can now run superpower with moxie a thing that will make ferrothorn and skarmory quiver in fear. Sucker punch allows me to hit gengar and dragons that have set up very hard with a stab life orb base 80 move. Night slash allows honchkrow to still have a stab when the pokemon are predicting a sucker punch. Brave bird allows honchkrow to abuse its second stab.

Things to Remember

1. Orginality vs Stupidity
    You need to remember that while originality is good there is a point where sets wont work obviously a physical slowking will not work well at all.

2. Threats
    Any core will not be able to take on every threat however this makes it up to you to find a pokemon that will counter this threat or threats.

3. Rest of the Team
    While gliscor may not be the only pokemon focused on this team you want to make sure you have pokemon that work with the pokemon already given to you.

Thank You For Reading This Has Been The Guide To Building A Effective Core
    Last edited by Usatoday; 18th July 2012 at 8:31 PM.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Your House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's House: Citrine
    Opponent's Name: Eaglehawk
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 45
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 36
    Any improvements for opponent: Don't underestimate sleep
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: nope bar GG

Edit: YAY! Synergy time!

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Now that, is interesting and useful. I'm going to have to save this page now, so I can look at that guide whenever I need it. Thank you so much, USA. I think that is what will improve my team building the most.

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    Your House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's House: Citrine
    Opponent's Name: Eaglehawk
    Rate your performance out of 50: 45
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 36
    Any improvements for opponent: Don't underestimate sleep
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: nope bar GG

Edit: YAY! Synergy time!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Now that, is interesting and useful. I'm going to have to save this page now, so I can look at that guide whenever I need it. Thank you so much, USA. I think that is what will improve my team building the most.
    Glad you two like it hope it worked out okay

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
        Spoiler:- Synergy Time:
    Hmm...ok, I'm not trying to steal your thunder, but I'm gonna give it a shot myself and list the steps, so you can know if I'm doing this right or not.

So, a center, eh? Let's go with...

@Life Orb
    Timid
    4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    -Flamethrower
    -Grass Knot
    -Vaccuum Wave
    -Nasty Plot

I've used this set before to mixed results, but I like it a lot. Nasty Plot boosts Infernape's Special Attack, which is why I included Flamethrower over Fire Blast. Grass Knot for Water types, Vaccuum Wave for priority and STAB.

Infernape's weaknesses are Water, Ground, Flying, and Psychic. Three of those types can be covered by one Pokemon that I can think of right off the top of my head.

@Leftovers
    Modest
    252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower
    -Grass Knot
    -U-turn

Three of Infernape's weaknesses are covered by using this guy. Thunderbolt deals with Fliers and Waters, and is Eelektross's only STAB. Flamethrower deals with Grass types, and Grass Knot with Ground types, most of which are heavy.

Eelektross has no weaknesses, so he's ok. However, a good Special wall stops both of these guys, unless they're setup fodder for Infernape. Plus, a resistance to Psychic moves for Infernape still hasn't been taken care of. A lot of the major Special walls are weak to...

@Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Jolly
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Crunch
    -Ice Punch
    -Dragon Dance

Scrafty's Dark typing makes it good for absorbing Psychic hits. Its STABs have great neutral coverage, and Hi Jump Kick is very powerful. Since it's OU, every Pokemon possible needs an Ice move--which is where Ice Punch comes in. Also, the team was lacking in Ice offense, so Scrafty fills the role.

So, how did I do, Usa?
    Last edited by Jonah the Slaking; 16th July 2012 at 1:38 AM.
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Credit to Atari!
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Hmm...ok, I'm not trying to steal your thunder, but I'm gonna give it a shot myself and list the steps, so you can know if I'm doing this right or not.

So, a center, eh? Let's go with...

@Life Orb
    Timid
    4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    -Flamethrower
    -Grass Knot
    -Vaccuum Wave
    -Nasty Plot

I've used this set before to mixed results, but I like it a lot. Nasty Plot boosts Infernape's Special Attack, which is why I included Flamethrower over Fire Blast. Grass Knot for Water types, Vaccuum Wave for priority and STAB.

Infernape's weaknesses are Water, Ground, Flying, and Psychic. Three of those types can be covered by one Pokemon that I can think of right off the top of my head.

@Leftovers
    Modest
    252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower
    -Grass Knot
    -U-turn

Three of Infernape's weaknesses are covered by using this guy. Thunderbolt deals with Fliers and Waters, and is Eelektross's only STAB. Flamethrower deals with Grass types, and Grass Knot with Ground types, most of which are heavy.

Eelektross has no weaknesses, so he's ok. However, a good Special wall stops both of these guys, unless they're setup fodder for Infernape. Plus, a resistance to Psychic moves for Infernape still hasn't been taken care of. A lot of the major Special walls are weak to...

@Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Jolly
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Crunch
    -Ice Punch
    -Dragon Dance

Scrafty's Dark typing makes it good for absorbing Psychic hits. Its STABs have perfect neutral coverage, and Hi Jump Kick is very powerful. Since it's OU, every Pokemon possible needs an Ice move--which is where Ice Punch comes in. Also, the team was lacking in Ice offense, so Scrafty fills the role.

So, how did I do, Usa?
    You missed abilities, and Lied. Terrible.
    Heracross. HERACROSS! Resists dark cause fighting, and fighting cause bug, ergo you do not have perfect neutral.

Also usatoday has 71 points as a gift for reasons know to me, him and anyone who read the channel. He helped me avert a crysis.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    You missed abilities, and Lied. Terrible.
    Heracross. HERACROSS! Resists dark cause fighting, and fighting cause bug, ergo you do not have perfect neutral.

Also usatoday has 71 points as a gift for reasons know to me, him and anyone who read the channel. He helped me avert a crysis.
    A) How did I lie?
    B) Heracross isn't resistant to Ice.
    C) Eelektross only has one ability, Iron Fist on Infernape is obsolete, and either of Scrafty's are viable on the set so I didn't specify.
    Credit to Atari!

Jonah, You need to specify so we know what your doing. If you don't specify, we can't rate to it's fullest potential. Also, it looks like Haxorus can break that, provided it carries brick break and earthquake, which I believe some do.

A) How did I lie?
    B) Heracross isn't resistant to Ice.
    C) Eelektross only has one ability, Iron Fist on Infernape is obsolete, and either of Scrafty's are viable on the set so I didn't specify.
    lum berry shed skin. Also you said neutral STAB, thats how you lied. Scrafty isn't dark/fight/ice type, unless yours was action replayed maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    lum berry shed skin. Also you said neutral STAB, thats how you lied. Scrafty isn't dark/fight/ice type, unless yours was action replayed maybe?
    Oh right. Well screw you OK, I was basing this on Ghost/Fighting being perfect neutral, so sue me. I should've looked further into it.

Anyway, Shed Skin is why I edited in /Leftovers.

TMS, what do you mean by specify? Just specifying abilities? And of course there are a few Pokemon that can break a synergy core, but it's only three Pokemon. I could put a Ferrothorn in it and BAM! Problem solved.
    Credit to Atari!

Oh right. Well screw you OK, I was basing this on Ghost/Fighting being perfect neutral, so sue me. I should've looked further into it.

Anyway, Shed Skin is why I edited in /Leftovers.
    that, along with reshiram are perfect neutral. But when a ghost normal comes out, then it will be just reshiram. Also I only know scrafty so well because I have a whole team around him.

Wow thats all i can say there a lot of hate being thrown towards jonah and what they mean is that specify what each set does and you seem to have the jist of it however you also need to consider every good core has a defensive pokemon unless you mean to purposely run a all out offensive core or defensive core not to mention you not always run just set up pokemon if you do a good purely offensive core needs both a pure power hitter and a set up sweeper\

edit:Magic to be with ye you get cranky when ye get tired

edit edit: I did

|||||||
    Credit to Blues

OK, went back and editeded. It now says "great neutral coverage." Not that anyone's going to look back a single page and check it

Thanks, Usa, but I wouldn't consider that hate. :P Eelektross is the pure power sweeper there, but yeah, I guess less setups would be better. And it is meant to be all-out offense because, well, Shuckle and Sableye are the only walls that I like to use (and the only ones I'm remotely competent with).
    Last edited by Jonah the Slaking; 16th July 2012 at 1:42 AM.
    Credit to Atari!

Your House: Emerald
    Opponent's House:Emerald
    Opponent's Name: XulapaH
    Rate your performance out of 50: 38
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 42
    Any improvements for opponent: He's epic
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: He may not have won, but he gained my respect by being good with an UU team.

Page 121 of 421 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast