Page 297 of 421 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

  1. #7401
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    The starters suck, be aware.
        Spoiler:- Rant:


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  2. #7402
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In a cave. With a Sneasel :)
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
        Spoiler:- Rant:
    I agree with all of this, but if you play the lower tiers like me you will know how epic these things are in NU. Samurott is one of the best things in NU, and Emboar is a solid threat. And both Typhlosion and Feraligatr are LU. (I think.)
    And Charizard is BL3, which is between NU and RU


    R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

  3. #7403
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In A Pine Grove
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    You forget the one thing Captain Picard teaches us: Fortune favours the bold. I threw my weezing at the hydro pump in a brave play, and then stayed in as a brave play, and it granted me victory.
    Well freaking stratagem screwed me over having reveal gorebyss and gardevoir really screwed me up
    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
        Spoiler:- Rant:
    "Oh SuperPower Emboar Come Here Please" Now your going to get it soper when he reads that post >
    Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    I agree with all of this, but if you play the lower tiers like me you will know how epic these things are in NU. Samurott is one of the best things in NU, and Emboar is a solid threat. And both Typhlosion and Feraligatr are LU. (I think.)
    And Charizard is BL3, which is between NU and RU
    Such a stupid tier just move it up to RU

    |||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

  4. #7404
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    i like how soper said sceptile is uu when he is ru :P



  5. #7405
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    I agree with all of this, but if you play the lower tiers like me you will know how epic these things are in NU. Samurott is one of the best things in NU, and Emboar is a solid threat. And both Typhlosion and Feraligatr are LU. (I think.)
    And Charizard is BL3, which is between NU and RU
    A pokemon being good in NU does not make it good.
    Feraligatr might be UU. sceptile is def RU.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.


  6. #7406
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Learning new Type Matchups
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Updated stuff.

    All Mission Captains should have received an interesting PM....

    Also, another reminded to get your FRPL Matches done.

    And again, speaking of the FRPL, it looks like we may need new managers for Goldenrod and Nimbasa. So, if anyone's interested, shoot me a PM.

    Finally, you should find that the Hall of Fame will soon be updated with points being awarded in the Combat Hall of Fame for getting TMP Symbols (although the entry requirement for this has consequently gone up). You'll also find info on 'HoF Appeals'. Essentially what this is is you asking us, well, me, to calculate how many HoF points you have. You can do this once a week per HoF. This saves the leaders having to calculate everyone's HoF points for each Hall, when it's irrelevant for the majority of people.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

    3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

    Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!



  7. #7407
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Forum Name: Kody
    PO Name*: Wet Dreams, Toucan Sam, Kody, I have way too many to name
    5th Gen Friend Code(s): -
    Timezone (in GMT)***: Central (-6)
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**:
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 9
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:

    I used to be really active on PO but I quit for a year and I just came back about 2 weeks ago. I'm a pretty good battler I guess, my peak in Wifi OU is 1667, and 1508 in Wifi Ubers. I'm a pretty chill guy I think, but I guess that's up to you. Quite a few people from the CG channel have told me to join so here I am. If you want to know more, just ask.

  8. #7408
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In A Pine Grove
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Battle Of The Day
    Sorry I haven't done this but the PO replay viewer is down so i had to go with showdown so here it is. This battle shows why dragonite is a special boss while politoed is the best tank in the game nuff said also

    I'd say thats pretty damn good im happy with that

    |||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

  9. #7409
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Serebii
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kody View Post
    Forum Name: Kody
    PO Name*: Wet Dreams, Toucan Sam, Kody, I have way too many to name
    5th Gen Friend Code(s): -
    Timezone (in GMT)***: Central (-6)
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**:
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 9
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:

    I used to be really active on PO but I quit for a year and I just came back about 2 weeks ago. I'm a pretty good battler I guess, my peak in Wifi OU is 1667, and 1508 in Wifi Ubers. I'm a pretty chill guy I think, but I guess that's up to you. Quite a few people from the CG channel have told me to join so here I am. If you want to know more, just ask.
    Amethyst, because we just got bray. Watch Psycho overrule this one also. (his first is amethyst, his second is zircon.)


  10. #7410
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Astral Plane
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    The starters suck, be aware.
    In competitive, maybe. But Samurott is awesome ingame. It gets Razor Shell pretty early on, and then you can pretty much just roflstomp Unova until the other mons get more balanced moves to match it.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

  11. #7411
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Learning new Type Matchups
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Amethyst, because we just got bray. Watch Psycho overrule this one also. (his first is amethyst, his second is zircon.)
    Lol, I genuinely might. If you're as good as you say, you should perhaps join Citrine?

    Anyway, I've just managed to nab time for one game on Pokemon Showdown (can't use PO for a while, sadly). And I have to say, it was a very good game indeed. I think I made a blunder at the start, letting my opponent get three layers of spikes down right from the word go, which meant I was playing with a big disadvantage. The game was fairly haxless, with his early awaken being coutneracted by a miss. Things looked bleak for me, but some great play, if I do say so myself, certainly made it more intersting. I'll let you watch the battle to see who emerges victorious.

    Here's the link, my alt is Peregrine btw (feel free to challenge if you see me on): http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou2730928
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

    3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

    Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!



  12. #7412
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poo
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
        Spoiler:- Rant:
    Yeah, but Dewott is da bestest so dat makes 5th gen starters da bestest as well.

    Activity post *waves hand frantically*

    Oh and I should be able to get on PO a lot this weekend. BATTLE ME DAMMIT.

    Ice Cold Fire

  13. #7413
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Astral Plane
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Yeah, but Dewott is da bestest so dat makes 5th gen starters da bestest as well.

    Activity post *waves hand frantically*

    Oh and I should be able to get on PO a lot this weekend. BATTLE ME DAMMIT.
    When did you get that ability back?
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

  14. #7414

    Default

    im not going to buy it. personally, i thought about it, and i came to a conclusion that its going to just be the same crap as b/w. i loved b/w, but nah.

  15. #7415
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Well freaking stratagem screwed me over having reveal gorebyss and gardevoir really screwed me up

    "Oh SuperPower Emboar Come Here Please" Now your going to get it soper when he reads that post >

    Such a stupid tier just move it up to RU
    I would like to clear up what the BL tiers are. They are simply banlists from a certain tier, as Ubers is for OU. BL isn't really a playable tier, for example, just pokemon that are banned from UU despite not having enough usage to be in OU. Thus a Pokemon like Gorybess, who recieves almost no usage in UU, is still banned from RU and NU because it is one of the most threatening sweepers in the tiers, and smashpass is gay.

    Also, Empoleon was great in 4th Gen, as was Infernape and especially Swampert. Venusaur was known as the king of UU for good reason, even before chlorophyll, with Blaziken and Blastoise two of the best UU pokemon. Second gen and Fifth gen have certainly had the worst starters imo. But note that the starters weren't even usable in their own generation until Gen 3 -- you don't see any starter in the 13 pokemon that dominate RBY OU, nor one that recieves any usage in GSC. It's not till Gen 3 that you see Swampert as one of the best OU tanks, and then the 4th Gen Starters -- so really, imo 4th Gen had the best starters, then 3rd, then 1st. Also why do all the grass starters suck come on....

    Yeah, special Dragonite is incredible in Rain with access to Thunder and Hurricane. I really wish they would give Zapdos hurricane -- they gave it to Articuno and Moltres why not the Zap?

        Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:


    http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  16. #7416
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In A Pine Grove
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    I would like to clear up what the BL tiers are. They are simply banlists from a certain tier, as Ubers is for OU. BL isn't really a playable tier, for example, just pokemon that are banned from UU despite not having enough usage to be in OU. Thus a Pokemon like Gorybess, who recieves almost no usage in UU, is still banned from RU and NU because it is one of the most threatening sweepers in the tiers, and smashpass is gay.

    Also, Empoleon was great in 4th Gen, as was Infernape and especially Swampert. Venusaur was known as the king of UU for good reason, even before chlorophyll, with Blaziken and Blastoise two of the best UU pokemon. Second gen and Fifth gen have certainly had the worst starters imo. But note that the starters weren't even usable in their own generation until Gen 3 -- you don't see any starter in the 13 pokemon that dominate RBY OU, nor one that recieves any usage in GSC. It's not till Gen 3 that you see Swampert as one of the best OU tanks, and then the 4th Gen Starters -- so really, imo 4th Gen had the best starters, then 3rd, then 1st. Also why do all the grass starters suck come on....

    Yeah, special Dragonite is incredible in Rain with access to Thunder and Hurricane. I really wish they would give Zapdos hurricane -- they gave it to Articuno and Moltres why not the Zap?
    Actually gorebyss is allowed in smogon NU and RU its just smash pass itself thats banned

    |||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

  17. #7417
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    super: cause gamefreak likes screwing with people



  18. #7418
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texash
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
        Spoiler:- Rant:



    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    In competitive, maybe. But Samurott is awesome ingame. It gets Razor Shell pretty early on, and then you can pretty much just roflstomp Unova until the other mons get more balanced moves to match it.
    and Emboar don't give any sh*ts about what you think, gets Assurance around the time you pass all the Psychic types in route 5, gets arm thrust which hits just enough times for a KO, can successfully kill Boldore with arm thrust even with two hits, learns an amazing variety of moves that makes him a very difficult to stop destruction machine and starts off as the cutest thing since glue, began the revival of the move Superpower as an egg move, oh and is perfectly suited for all the gyms in BW and most of BW2.

    But seriously, as someone who had Emboar on their team competitively for the better part of a year and has still become a meh battler, It's not eh tier of the pokemon that matters, but the strategy of the trainer behind the Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post

    "Oh SuperPower Emboar Come Here Please" Now your going to get it soper when he reads that post >: D
    You see because Emboar was not the fire/fighting type the world of Pokemon needed, but it is what Gotham the competitive world deserved after Infernape and Speed boost Blaziken were invented.


    Also, it feeds my underdog complex, so I love it so very very much.
    Author of the Fusion fic, The Coming War (which has recently been abandoned as the last update was a year ago) sorry y'all


    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12/Crystalline guard
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal


    Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I simply can't get rid of my starter, I'm always too attached to it. Besides many of them are incredible good in the competetive game, like Infernape, venassaur or empoleon

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    What about Swampert and Serperior?

    ...And Chariza--*shot*

  19. #7419
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    i like how soper said sceptile is uu when he is ru :P
    Well, he was in UU a while ago. I'm behind the times when it comes to tiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpower Emboar View Post
    ^u^


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  20. #7420
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Serebii
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    I would like to clear up what the BL tiers are. They are simply banlists from a certain tier, as Ubers is for OU. BL isn't really a playable tier, for example, just pokemon that are banned from UU despite not having enough usage to be in OU. Thus a Pokemon like Gorybess, who recieves almost no usage in UU, is still banned from RU and NU because it is one of the most threatening sweepers in the tiers, and smashpass is gay.

    Also, Empoleon was great in 4th Gen, as was Infernape and especially Swampert. Venusaur was known as the king of UU for good reason, even before chlorophyll, with Blaziken and Blastoise two of the best UU pokemon. Second gen and Fifth gen have certainly had the worst starters imo. But note that the starters weren't even usable in their own generation until Gen 3 -- you don't see any starter in the 13 pokemon that dominate RBY OU, nor one that recieves any usage in GSC. It's not till Gen 3 that you see Swampert as one of the best OU tanks, and then the 4th Gen Starters -- so really, imo 4th Gen had the best starters, then 3rd, then 1st. Also why do all the grass starters suck come on....

    Yeah, special Dragonite is incredible in Rain with access to Thunder and Hurricane. I really wish they would give Zapdos hurricane -- they gave it to Articuno and Moltres why not the Zap?
    The reason all the starters aren't amazing is because they can't make a pokemon that's super amazing just available. That'd be game breaking. Same reason Haxorus is found further into the game than lillipup.


  21. #7421
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    GMT -4
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    The reason all the starters aren't amazing is because they can't make a pokemon that's super amazing just available. That'd be game breaking. Same reason Haxorus is found further into the game than lillipup.
    Although depending on my teams needs. I'd rather have a stoutland than a Haxorus.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

  22. #7422
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Summoner's Rift, GMT:-8
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superpower Emboar View Post
    i am sigging this
    What is this?? Is this a Pokemon battle? Am I winning? I'll think I'll go stand here in this corner...

    † I am a Christian and very proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†



        Spoiler:- Credits:

  23. #7423
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
        Spoiler:- Rant:
    Actually the second gen Pokémon are all in RU and NU. Typhlosion & Feralgatr are both RU, and Meganium is NU.

  24. #7424
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Your House: tourmaline
    Opponent's House: Citrine
    Opponent's Name: Avicii
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 4-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 45
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 40
    Any improvements for opponent: Watch out for dat superpower
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Would've been a lot closer if I didn't randomly have superpower on him for ferros

    Your House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's House: Amethyst
    Opponent's Name: BLUES
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 2-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 42
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 40
    Any improvements for opponent: Naw
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Lol at me sweeping with your field condition

    Your House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's House: Citrine
    Opponent's Name: Giga
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 2-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 40
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 38
    Any improvements for opponent: Naw
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Nope -- that crit did matter, although i'm not sure if it affected the end result.
    Last edited by superstar; 12th October 2012 at 8:05 AM.

        Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:


    http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  25. #7425
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kody View Post
    Forum Name: Kody
    PO Name*: Wet Dreams, Toucan Sam, Kody, I have way too many to name
    5th Gen Friend Code(s): -
    Timezone (in GMT)***: Central (-6)
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**:
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 9
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:

    I used to be really active on PO but I quit for a year and I just came back about 2 weeks ago. I'm a pretty good battler I guess, my peak in Wifi OU is 1667, and 1508 in Wifi Ubers. I'm a pretty chill guy I think, but I guess that's up to you. Quite a few people from the CG channel have told me to join so here I am. If you want to know more, just ask.
    Koooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Battle Of The Day
    Sorry I haven't done this but the PO replay viewer is down so i had to go with showdown so here it is. This battle shows why dragonite is a special boss while politoed is the best tank in the game nuff said also

    I'd say thats pretty damn good im happy with that
    I can't read any of these...I'm sure they're good though

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Amethyst, because we just got bray. Watch Psycho overrule this one also. (his first is amethyst, his second is zircon.)
    No freaking way. I'm actually sick of people saying Amethyst is OP. The divisions are totally balanced, strength and activity wise. In fact as far as people doing on record battles go, Amethyst probably has the least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    In competitive, maybe. But Samurott is awesome ingame. It gets Razor Shell pretty early on, and then you can pretty much just roflstomp Unova until the other mons get more balanced moves to match it.
    To be fair, you can do pretty well ingame with any poke. I once played through Crystal only using Feraligatr and HM slaves. Waterfall/Ice Punch/Bite/Some move I can't remember, probably strength. I got to like lvl 70 by the time I got to the E4

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Lol, I genuinely might. If you're as good as you say, you should perhaps join Citrine?
    You're joking right. Because with Usa, Jonah, Avicii, Giga and Eagle they don't have enough active strong members??

    Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    I would like to clear up what the BL tiers are. They are simply banlists from a certain tier, as Ubers is for OU. BL isn't really a playable tier, for example, just pokemon that are banned from UU despite not having enough usage to be in OU. Thus a Pokemon like Gorybess, who recieves almost no usage in UU, is still banned from RU and NU because it is one of the most threatening sweepers in the tiers, and smashpass is gay.

    Also, Empoleon was great in 4th Gen, as was Infernape and especially Swampert. Venusaur was known as the king of UU for good reason, even before chlorophyll, with Blaziken and Blastoise two of the best UU pokemon. Second gen and Fifth gen have certainly had the worst starters imo. But note that the starters weren't even usable in their own generation until Gen 3 -- you don't see any starter in the 13 pokemon that dominate RBY OU, nor one that recieves any usage in GSC. It's not till Gen 3 that you see Swampert as one of the best OU tanks, and then the 4th Gen Starters -- so really, imo 4th Gen had the best starters, then 3rd, then 1st. Also why do all the grass starters suck come on....

    Yeah, special Dragonite is incredible in Rain with access to Thunder and Hurricane. I really wish they would give Zapdos hurricane -- they gave it to Articuno and Moltres why not the Zap?
    Thank god, somebody gets it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    super: cause gamefreak likes screwing with people
    Nah, Final Gambit Shedinja is totally viable

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    The reason all the starters aren't amazing is because they can't make a pokemon that's super amazing just available. That'd be game breaking. Same reason Haxorus is found further into the game than lillipup.
    As I said above, I beat the entire game with my starter. You are right though. The legendary and psudo-legendaries wouldn't be such a bit deal if you could find them right at the start of the game

Page 297 of 421 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •