Page 412 of 421 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

  1. #10276
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    886

    Default

    1. By the looks of it, only one Eeveelution will be released. All of the other ones had partner-types (based on what was left of the types), and Dragon is sort of a legendary-type that could easily stand alone.
    Or it could be a duo. One in the Genesect movie, another appearing in the eeveelution mini movie.

    But dragon would still be the best stand alone.
    Anyway, what do you think the new Eeveelution will specialize in? Looking back (based on stats):
    Actually, all of their stats are the same, just mixed around. They always have 130 in one, 110 in another, then 95, 65, 65, 60.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 29th December 2012 at 6:20 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

  2. #10277
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Actually, all of their stats are the same, just mixed around. They always have 130 in one, 110 in another, then 95, 65, 65, 60.
    I knew that, I just meant in the sense of their highest stats, like how Jolteon has high Speed and Sp. Atk


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  3. #10278
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    So on a totally random note, what is a good starter team for someone getting into this? I am still a bit lost, even with Smogon x.x;

    *hides in a pokeball*

  4. #10279
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova_flutterhusky View Post
    So on a totally random note, what is a good starter team for someone getting into this? I am still a bit lost, even with Smogon x.x;

    *hides in a pokeball*
    A good starter team? Generally, competitive players use their own teams, but I suppose having one given to you is a good way to get started. I'll see if I can find you a good one.

    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...se)&highlight=
    How about this one? Bulky offense, I think, is a good place to get started. Like stall, it means you have to counter pokemon as much as you can, and look for threats to your final sweeper. Playing with it should get you a good idea of the metagame after a while.

    It is a tad bit outdated, but it should work well enough. Or, if you want one kind of easy to use from the start, I can bring up a purely offensive team I've made for you. Even it's very strait forward, and if you know how to use the team itself, doesn't require as much competitive skill.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 29th December 2012 at 6:42 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

  5. #10280
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kei Konguki
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Ok, so I typed the whole thing up, realized it was really long and really rambly, so decided to spoiler it. I still want people to read it, it's just... Well, read it. I'm not even going to bother trying to organize it. Have fun lol
        Spoiler:- Thoughts and Ramble:

    Anyway, what do you think the new Eeveelution will specialize in? Looking back (based on stats):
    Vaporeon is a Special tank
    Jolteon is a clear sweeper
    Flareon is a physical tank... Thing
    Espeon as well based on her stats
    Umbreon is meant to be a wall/tank thing
    Leafeon is meant to be a tank imo, but has Chlorophyll and decent Speed.
    Glaceon meant to be a tanky Special Attacker (which is the dumbest thing ever considering its typing)

    So by the looks of it, we're getting a physical sweeper Eeveelution next. The question is, which type? I say Dragon for a number of reasons:
    1. By the looks of it, only one Eeveelution will be released. All of the other ones had partner-types (based on what was left of the types), and Dragon is sort of a legendary-type that could easily stand alone.
    2. If my logic stands, and the new eeveelution is a high Attack sweeper... Well, let's take a look at Dragonite, Salamence, Flygon... There are more, but I forgot how to spell some of their names :P. Hopefully you see my point.
    3. Dragon is a reasonable type to design into Eevee. In fact, I'd say it's the easiest of the types remaining. Steel seems too simple, Fighting Flying are illogical, Poison would be weird to do, Bug is straight-up lame, and the only other logical choice for me, Ghost, seems like it wouldn't work based on my previous two points.
    4. Finally, Gamefreak clearly loves Eevee, and clearly loves Dragon types. So do all other pokemon fans, basically. Why not showcase a combination of the two in a new movie as a preview for things to come?

    Of course, this is all on the assumption that my earlier logic about the stats for the eeveelution stands. Regardless, my fourth point is my strongest, as Dragon is often considered a "legendary type".

    So, as this thread is deader than the area around Chernobyl way back when, DISCUSS! Even if everything is just speculation and may not even be true, it's an interesting discussion.
    Hmm, your points make sense, though I'm not sure how I feel about the color scheme. Even if the Espeon arrow is pointing to the wrong one, it'd still be some sort of pink it looks like. I dunno, but I just don't think dragon type when I see pink. Normal is an obvious answer, but that probably wont be happening. I'd like to see it be a Ghost type I think. Or maybe poison. Either of those types would at least somewhat fit the pink color (to an extent). The main thing that bugs me is the stars that are also in that title image. That again makes me think some chansey or audino or clefable-ish pink thing shooting out stars or something. I suppose Eevee technically /could/ evolve into a more buff normal type, but that'd be weird and pointless (maybe).
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

        Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

  6. #10281
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Had 2 Wifi Battles with DarkLord18 which were good and very close

    Your House:Emerald
    Opponent's House:Cirtine
    Opponent's Name: Darklord18
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: D/C'd with Jirachi with a +6 calm mind and the score 6/5 so we decided that i won so - Win
    Rate your performance out of 50: errrr a 30
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: about a 20
    Any improvements for opponent: none that i can think of :/
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Rachi, nuff said?

    Your House:Emerald
    Opponent's House:Cirtine
    Opponent's Name: Darklord18
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: 0-3 so a- Loss
    Rate your performance out of 50: very poorly 10
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: errr 40
    Any improvements for opponent: none that i can think of :/
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: so much hax D:

  7. #10282
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    165

    Default

    More battles
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonder View Post
    Hmm, your points make sense, though I'm not sure how I feel about the color scheme. Even if the Espeon arrow is pointing to the wrong one, it'd still be some sort of pink it looks like. I dunno, but I just don't think dragon type when I see pink. Normal is an obvious answer, but that probably wont be happening. I'd like to see it be a Ghost type I think. Or maybe poison. Either of those types would at least somewhat fit the pink color (to an extent). The main thing that bugs me is the stars that are also in that title image. That again makes me think some chansey or audino or clefable-ish pink thing shooting out stars or something. I suppose Eevee technically /could/ evolve into a more buff normal type, but that'd be weird and pointless (maybe).
    It would also defeat e purpose of Eevee and its evolutions. Eevee is genetically weird so that it can evolve into different types to be.a sort of "super Pokemon". Evolving into the same type would not only be redundant, but make one seem either more or less special than the others (as all of the hotheads are different types).


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  8. #10283
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kei Konguki
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    More battles

    It would also defeat e purpose of Eevee and its evolutions. Eevee is genetically weird so that it can evolve into different types to be.a sort of "super Pokemon". Evolving into the same type would not only be redundant, but make one seem either more or less special than the others (as all of the hotheads are different types).
    Well I did say that that would be kinda stupid. The only way that that could even make sense would be if it was like... a super great pokemon. If that were the case, it wouldn't get any sort of type advantage over anything due to being a normal type, but it would be a bamf. xD
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

        Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

  9. #10284
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poo
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Guys, I'm not usually the quickest to believe fan speculation, but here, I'll admit I'm not that stubborn, if their argument is good.
    https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6878861824/h1E903510/
    https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6918260736/h239491BB/
    I can't get over the anticipation...
    Though the eeveelution one looks a little off, since the mystery one looks more like Espeon than the one Espeon is actually tied to in the speculation, that doesn't stop it from being a valid point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Ok, so I typed the whole thing up, realized it was really long and really rambly, so decided to spoiler it. I still want people to read it, it's just... Well, read it. I'm not even going to bother trying to organize it. Have fun lol
        Spoiler:- Thoughts and Ramble:

    Anyway, what do you think the new Eeveelution will specialize in? Looking back (based on stats):
    Vaporeon is a Special tank
    Jolteon is a clear sweeper
    Flareon is a physical tank... Thing
    Espeon as well based on her stats
    Umbreon is meant to be a wall/tank thing
    Leafeon is meant to be a tank imo, but has Chlorophyll and decent Speed.
    Glaceon meant to be a tanky Special Attacker (which is the dumbest thing ever considering its typing)

    So by the looks of it, we're getting a physical sweeper Eeveelution next. The question is, which type? I say Dragon for a number of reasons:
    1. By the looks of it, only one Eeveelution will be released. All of the other ones had partner-types (based on what was left of the types), and Dragon is sort of a legendary-type that could easily stand alone.
    2. If my logic stands, and the new eeveelution is a high Attack sweeper... Well, let's take a look at Dragonite, Salamence, Flygon... There are more, but I forgot how to spell some of their names :P. Hopefully you see my point.
    3. Dragon is a reasonable type to design into Eevee. In fact, I'd say it's the easiest of the types remaining. Steel seems too simple, Fighting Flying are illogical, Poison would be weird to do, Bug is straight-up lame, and the only other logical choice for me, Ghost, seems like it wouldn't work based on my previous two points.
    4. Finally, Gamefreak clearly loves Eevee, and clearly loves Dragon types. So do all other pokemon fans, basically. Why not showcase a combination of the two in a new movie as a preview for things to come?

    Of course, this is all on the assumption that my earlier logic about the stats for the eeveelution stands. Regardless, my fourth point is my strongest, as Dragon is often considered a "legendary type".

    So, as this thread is deader than the area around Chernobyl way back when, DISCUSS! Even if everything is just speculation and may not even be true, it's an interesting discussion.
    I'd say that Dragon is unlikely since it's a type that's reserved for more... legendary things. Unless it's like the ultimate Eevee and one must journey across a region to find the Dragoneevee stone to trun the Eevee to turn it into the mighty Drageon! Ooooh!

    Ice Cold Fire

  10. #10285
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    886

    Default

    This is kind of sudden, but I'm going to be leaving for a couple days.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

  11. #10286
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Happy Late Christmas all

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut;15498500
    [B
    WORLD CUP RESULTS[/B]

    Based on Group Stage Performances, Activity, who's still here and other things.

    Overall

        Spoiler:- 3rd Place:


        Spoiler:- 2nd Place:


        Spoiler:- WINNERS!:


    It's been too hard to work out points values, so I haven't.

    As for the other awards, Tormented wins Golden Pokeball, and I think Tormented and Ninja Dewott should battle out for tournament winner, if they want.

    Congratulations to everyone who took part! I'll get some reward Userbars/Banners made
    Noted

    Quote Originally Posted by SJU Baseball View Post
    Forum Name: SJU Baseball
    PO Name*: Don't have one yet but will make one if needed
    5th Gen Friend Code(s): 0004 1572 5162
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Zircon, but not picky
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT - 5 (EST)
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: not sure so ill go with 6
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: Very good poker player so metagame should be a strength of mine
    Yep Zircon cool

    Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    ^^ That's me, in case anyone hasn't guessed.
    I hereby claim my such-and-such.
    Blame Montresor (Lucs99) for any trouble caused by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    Parzival was (is?) my alt account. The plan was to use that until the name change thread opened again. As it is, I will simply have to wait until then.
    Brain Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Haha, welcome back Orb! Great to see you back. I think all the confusion has died down now.

    Anyway, there's a good chance I might not be on for the rest of today or tomorrow, so I think it's time I gave you all your presents!

    70 RP for everyone! Merry Christmas!
    Oooooh nice

    Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    I remember those days... *sighs and smiles*
    Back when the Battling Academy was the greatest of the great, the largest flourishing clan, land of the free and home of the brave...


    In other news, I am on a severe Pokemon tilt right now, that seems to have carried over from last week. Any helpful hints, tips, comments, insults, anything?
    mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Ok, so I typed the whole thing up, realized it was really long and really rambly, so decided to spoiler it. I still want people to read it, it's just... Well, read it. I'm not even going to bother trying to organize it. Have fun lol
        Spoiler:- Thoughts and Ramble:

    Anyway, what do you think the new Eeveelution will specialize in? Looking back (based on stats):
    Vaporeon is a Special tank
    Jolteon is a clear sweeper
    Flareon is a physical tank... Thing
    Espeon as well based on her stats
    Umbreon is meant to be a wall/tank thing
    Leafeon is meant to be a tank imo, but has Chlorophyll and decent Speed.
    Glaceon meant to be a tanky Special Attacker (which is the dumbest thing ever considering its typing)

    So by the looks of it, we're getting a physical sweeper Eeveelution next. The question is, which type? I say Dragon for a number of reasons:
    1. By the looks of it, only one Eeveelution will be released. All of the other ones had partner-types (based on what was left of the types), and Dragon is sort of a legendary-type that could easily stand alone.
    2. If my logic stands, and the new eeveelution is a high Attack sweeper... Well, let's take a look at Dragonite, Salamence, Flygon... There are more, but I forgot how to spell some of their names :P. Hopefully you see my point.
    3. Dragon is a reasonable type to design into Eevee. In fact, I'd say it's the easiest of the types remaining. Steel seems too simple, Fighting Flying are illogical, Poison would be weird to do, Bug is straight-up lame, and the only other logical choice for me, Ghost, seems like it wouldn't work based on my previous two points.
    4. Finally, Gamefreak clearly loves Eevee, and clearly loves Dragon types. So do all other pokemon fans, basically. Why not showcase a combination of the two in a new movie as a preview for things to come?

    Of course, this is all on the assumption that my earlier logic about the stats for the eeveelution stands. Regardless, my fourth point is my strongest, as Dragon is often considered a "legendary type".

    So, as this thread is deader than the area around Chernobyl way back when, DISCUSS! Even if everything is just speculation and may not even be true, it's an interesting discussion.
    Medium Speed/ Middle to High ATK Fight type is my guess, sucky defenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    This is kind of sudden, but I'm going to be leaving for a couple days.
    kk!

    Push da button

  12. #10287
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Learning new Type Matchups
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Ok guys, I'm currently gathering ideas and changes for the New Year, and I'm planning a fairly big overhaul, so I'm open to any ideas on what we could do to change things around. Obviously, the aptly-named "Great Migration" has hit us quite hard and I'm keen to get back up and running at full speed asap.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

    3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

    Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!



  13. #10288
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    a great battle

    your house:citrine
    opponents house:doesnt say
    opponents name: SJU BASEBALL
    WIN/LOSE/DRAW+SCORE:loss 6-5
    rate your performance out of 50:30
    rate your opponents performance out of 50:40-45
    Any improvements for your opponent:none
    Anything else worth mentioning: im definetly going to put black sludge on Victreebel
    my characters name is PanOne
    white fc:0390-5486-3126
    dream world[and radar] females for trade:



    events:
    smr12 smr10 win11
    10th ani jap

  14. #10289
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Hey Zach, I see you have leftovers like 4 times. Aren't we only allowed to use an item once in a team? If so, then what other items can I allocate? I was thinking life orb to someone at least

  15. #10290
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On top of the world
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Actually, before the Great Migration, CG was really powerful, winning almost all of our wars and having a massive influx of members.

    You know, I thought about it for a while, and technically, the Great Migration began with the revival of Team Sky. That's when people really began leaving, and shortly afterwards Danger Inc. was founded (even if the clan wasn't officially created until much later).
    What was the "Great Migration"?

    Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    Brain Died

    mafia
    Good to know, and thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by nova_flutterhusky View Post
    Hey Zach, I see you have leftovers like 4 times. Aren't we only allowed to use an item once in a team? If so, then what other items can I allocate? I was thinking life orb to someone at least
    No, that's only for stupid Nintendo-sponsored tournaments, mostly.
    Or for personal challenges, but usually only with offensive teams.

    ~~~

    In other news, generic rain offense can go die in a sunny sandstormy fiery hole.
    Last edited by OrbrunnerX; 30th December 2012 at 2:39 AM.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

  16. #10291
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Thank you for clarifying Orb! ^.^

  17. #10292
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Learning new Type Matchups
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    What was the "Great Migration"?
    Exactly what it says on the tin. Loads of people left. Most to found/co-found a new clan, others because they decide to hop on the wagon.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

    3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

    Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!



  18. #10293
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    so how can i help to rebuild the clan
    my characters name is PanOne
    white fc:0390-5486-3126
    dream world[and radar] females for trade:



    events:
    smr12 smr10 win11
    10th ani jap

  19. #10294
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poo
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PanOne View Post
    so how can i help to rebuild the clan
    Be here.

    Boosh, powerful words.

    Ice Cold Fire

  20. #10295
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PanOne View Post
    so how can i help to rebuild the clan
    Bring yo friends!

    Push da button

  21. #10296
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    Bring yo friends!
    okay i will try my best
    yes Ninjadewott powerful words indeed. haha
    my characters name is PanOne
    white fc:0390-5486-3126
    dream world[and radar] females for trade:



    events:
    smr12 smr10 win11
    10th ani jap

  22. #10297
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On top of the world
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Exactly what it says on the tin.
    If it comes in tins, do you think someone could arrange for a few tins to be served up to some other clans, most notably Danger Inc.?
    (This isn't anti-other-clans, it's "I WANT MAH FRIENDS HERE")
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

  23. #10298
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PanOne View Post
    a great battle

    your house:citrine
    opponents house:doesnt say
    opponents name: SJU BASEBALL
    WIN/LOSE/DRAW+SCORE:loss 6-5
    rate your performance out of 50:30
    rate your opponents performance out of 50:40-45
    Any improvements for your opponent:none
    Anything else worth mentioning: im definetly going to put black sludge on Victreebel
    Er... We don't have a SJU BASEBALL in this clan .__.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    What was the "Great Migration"?
    More or less what it says it is. The entire clan, barring about ten people, only three of which are leaders, left for various reasons. Most wanted to join the new Danger inc, while a couple others just wanted to join a different clan. One person quit competitive pokemon altogether. What we have now is a mere skeleton of our past clan, at least in numbers.


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  24. #10299
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    SJU BASEBALL is in the clan. Its just I think that is an alt. I dunno what that guys actual name thingy is.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  25. #10300
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Summoner's Rift, GMT:-8
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJU Baseball View Post
    Forum Name: SJU Baseball
    PO Name*: Don't have one yet but will make one if needed
    5th Gen Friend Code(s): 0004 1572 5162
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Zircon, but not picky
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT - 5 (EST)
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: not sure so ill go with 6
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: Very good poker player so metagame should be a strength of mine
    LALALALALALALALALA HIS NAME IS "SJU Baseball". so unless he resigned recently, he IS actually in the clan
    What is this?? Is this a Pokemon battle? Am I winning? I'll think I'll go stand here in this corner...

    † I am a Christian and very proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†



        Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 412 of 421 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •