first on record battle for a while now me thinks:

Your House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's House: Citrine
    Opponent's Name: Usa
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: loss 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 35
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 45
    Any improvements for opponent: Nope, Did well
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Started well, little bit of annoying hax but didnt really matter, Almost a _____ sweep but managed to hold it off until something that i hadnt expected cropped up. But overall gg!

Push da button

Quote Originally Posted by ApertureScience View Post
    Okay, I've been on a hiatus forever, and I think it's time I end it. I'm sadly using the less preferred option among us. I'm leaving the clan, as I've somewhat lost interest in competitive. Bye guys, what I have learned is impressive, from noob-who-uses-all-starters to a somewhat okay player. If I do come back, it might not be for a while. I may visit the channel sometimes, but probably not often.

So I'll see you all another day. Remember me and my Vespiquen, and good luck! ^.^
    Naww, bye Tyoyo!

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    Yeah I feel like its way too soon also. Im afraid it will mean the game will end up being halfbaked...also Im starting to dislike the direction character designs are taking after seeing the starters...they keep getting more and more...I dont even know lol. Ohwell theyll probably just end up growing onto me. And the legendaries dont look bad at all.
    I would be worried about the quality of the game, but I think that the graphics are looking good and I like the 3D sprites and areas. Hopefully the storyline and Pokeymanz will be just as good...

Ice Cold Fire

Posting from my 3DS. The water pipes have frozen at my house, so my family is staying at a hotel, and my computer cant connect to the internet here. Be expecting a lot of typos.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Posting from my 3DS. The water pipes have frozen at my house, so my family is staying at a hotel, and my computer cant connect to the internet here. Be expecting a lot of typos.
    Holy crap, that's insane! Hope everything works out...
    EDIT: I have the most battles out of anyone in this clan. Wow, that's depressing.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Well, I wouldn't say insane...half the kids I know from school live on the reservation, so they don't even have water in the summer. It's just an inconvenience, if anything.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    I have the most battles out of anyone in this clan. Wow, that's depressing.
    And the most losses iirc
    Of course, I probably have the worst rating, since I ladder with Baton Pass. So all's fair.

Well, I wouldn't say insane...half the kids I know from school live on the reservation, so they don't even have water in the summer. It's just an inconvenience, if anything.
    It would sound creepy to ask where you live, but I must express my confusion at that statement.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    And the most losses iirc
    You see, that's why it's pathetic.
    It would sound creepy to ask where you live, but I must express my confusion at that statement.
    This would probably be a better pm, js.

This would probably be a better pm, js.
    Probably. I'm not exactly operating on the highest level of sleep at the moment. Forgive my rudeness or other oddness.

You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”

also wondering where this could possibly be

2. when is the war tourney again i dont think ill be around for a couple days and i dont wanna miss it

The confusion stemmed from two things:
    1. We still have reservations?
    2. Why is there no water on the reservations?

ANYWAY. Back to Pokemon-related things.
    Planning: An offensive hazard-stacking team with multiple spinblockers. Currently thinking Gengar and Froslass. Questions, comments, insults, ideas?

Sorry for my recent absence guys, I've been fairly busy with sport and revision (though the latter didn't really help in the end, but ah well). We've decided on candidates for the next Zircon Leader, so you'll all receive a PM tomorrow with the candidates listed, asking for your votes. Extra details will be sent in the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJU Baseball View Post
    also wondering where this could possibly be

2. when is the war tourney again i dont think ill be around for a couple days and i dont wanna miss it
    I'm fairly sure it's the 15th, perhaps check the post to confirm it though.

Planning: An offensive hazard-stacking team with multiple spinblockers. Currently thinking Gengar and Froslass. Questions, comments, insults, ideas?
    I wouldn't recommend two Spinblockers. One is usually sufficient and if you're having trouble keeping it alive, then go for a bulkier one, such as Jellicent, Misdreavus, Sableye or Dusclops. You'll find that, on these sorts of teams especially, competition for a team slot is quite tough, and if you've got two spin blockers, you may be missing out on something more important. If you still need assurance that your hazards will stay down, make your Spiker/Stealth Rocker a Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn. That way, if anything uses Rapid Spin on it, it'll take a fair bit of damage (about 29% iirc) and if this damage KOs the Spinner, then the spin won't work and your hazards will stay down. It's one of the quirkier, more useful and more annoying mechanics in the game.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Seems pretty legit to me I like both of those ghosts, but I'm not gonna lie I'm more biased towards froslass, but that's just me. I like how they both fit other rolls in the team as well. Froslass can be offensive or hazard stacking, and Gengar is just straight up offensive, so hopefully they make nice synergy with the rest of the team. The only thing I'd be wary of is to be sure to have something that can take ghost type attacks, like mainly Shadow Ball well because neither of them have any bulk really, and being hit by one of those would probably mean insta-death.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Sorry for my recent absence guys, I've been fairly busy with sport and revision (though the latter didn't really help in the end, but ah well). We've decided on candidates for the next Zircon Leader, so you'll all receive a PM tomorrow with the candidates listed, asking for your votes. Extra details will be sent in the PM.

I'm fairly sure it's the 15th, perhaps check the post to confirm it though.

I wouldn't recommend two Spinblockers. One is usually sufficient and if you're having trouble keeping it alive, then go for a bulkier one, such as Jellicent, Misdreavus, Sableye or Dusclops. You'll find that, on these sorts of teams especially, competition for a team slot is quite tough, and if you've got two spin blockers, you may be missing out on something more important. If you still need assurance that your hazards will stay down, make your Spiker/Stealth Rocker a Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn. That way, if anything uses Rapid Spin on it, it'll take a fair bit of damage (about 29% iirc) and if this damage KOs the Spinner, then the spin won't work and your hazards will stay down. It's one of the quirkier, more useful and more annoying mechanics in the game.
    The only thing to consider though is that while 2 may be a tad excessive, they both fill other criteria in the team as well. It's offensive, so Gengar fits in well, and also hazard stacking which Froslass can do. Though touching on this, it would definitely be good to make sure that there's not other pokemon that can do these jobs better or something. Like if, for example, you have a pokemon that sweeps your team, you may want to consider dropping one for a counter, but that's pretty obvious. Good points though~
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

I don't really find Froslass all that effective, especially as a spin blocker since it's fairly frail and some easy prediction will land an easy OHKO on it. It's a decent suicide Spike/Destiny Bond lead, but I understand that that only really works in UU. I guess it was decent when Snow Cloak was allowed as an offensive Blizzard-Spamming Spiker. I'd recommend Jellicent as a spin-blocker.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    If you still need assurance that your hazards will stay down, make your Spiker/Stealth Rocker a Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn. That way, if anything uses Rapid Spin on it, it'll take a fair bit of damage (about 29% iirc) and if this damage KOs the Spinner, then the spin won't work and your hazards will stay down. It's one of the quirkier, more useful and more annoying mechanics in the game.
    I like this idea. I will be testing this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonder View Post
    The only thing to consider though is that while 2 may be a tad excessive, they both fill other criteria in the team as well.
    Basically this. Froslass can set up in the face of Forretress, as well as Icy Wind any set-up sweeper (and Sash Cursed Body for the ultra-win against Choiced stuff) along with Destiny Bond. Gengar can dish out the pain and bring Starmie to its knees with Scarf Shadow Ball.
    I'm thinking Gengar > Jirachi on my current team; it fills all the needed roles (Ground immunity, fast Ice attacking, genie killing, spinblocking) and I already have a CM-setter-upper in the form of Reuniclus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    I don't really find Froslass all that effective, especially as a spin blocker since it's fairly frail and some easy prediction will land an easy OHKO on it. It's a decent suicide Spike/Destiny Bond lead, but I understand that that only really works in UU. I guess it was decent when Snow Cloak was allowed as an offensive Blizzard-Spamming Spiker. I'd recommend Jellicent as a spin-blocker.
    It works in Ubers too. Google "The Unspinnables" (it's some guy's Ubers team, I've tested and tweaked it, it's great) to see a demonstration. But yes, I see your point. Froslass may be a bit out of place.

~~~

In other news, I'm wearing this:

And yes, it's that awesome.
    Last edited by OrbrunnerX; 12th January 2013 at 12:36 AM.

So, I was laddering OUvon showdown, as you do, and accidentally started a battle having selected to battle with my NU Team. I'm fairly pleased with the result, and I thought I'd share it with y'all:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent7632926

Bearing in mind, as you can see from the ratings at the end, this was like my 5th match so I wasn't that far up the ladder.

Ice Cold Fire

Yep. The natives are free to go if they do want to move out, but a lot of people are just plain stubborn.

I'm not fully sure of the rules, but from my understanding, only the tribe the land is reserved for is allowed there.
    You see, I pass through this reservation all the time. These houses aren't all exactly packed together in a neighborhood. They're spread out, so not all of them really have plumbing. I'm not really sure how many of them have plumbing, but I know some kids that took gym class specifically so they could shower.

Anyway, you guys are right. If there are any more questions, just shoot me up with a PM.
    Volt Turn loves hazards. It's all about forcing foes to swap out, so having 3 layers of spikes could really come in handy.

Toxic Spikes is less necessary, especially for offense. Don't worry too much about using that.

I think tommorrow will be rmt day for me and i expect a rate from each of you

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post
    I think tommorrow will be rmt day for me and i expect a rate from each of you
    You got it!
    Btw, I love your sig. It's absolutely amazing. Especially the Ninetails one :3

Btw Orb, feel free to post the full team for us to help you.

I know some kids that took gym class specifically so they could shower.
    o_0

Volt Turn loves hazards. It's all about forcing foes to swap out, so having 3 layers of spikes could really come in handy.
    Toxic Spikes is less necessary, especially for offense. Don't worry too much about using that.
    Yeah, I know that about the T-Spikes; probably going to go Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn for my Spiker, and Heatran / Jira / TTar / Hippo for my Stealth Rocker.

Btw Orb, feel free to post the full team for us to help you.
    Alright, I'll get around to that at some point. Most of the stuff floating around in my head is concepts and ideas, not really anything concrete. I'll probably post my current team (after the Gengar revision) some time this evening.

Well, my computer officially died today. As in, a virus sneaked into my system and wrecked everything. Good family friends who work at apple lent us one of their macs (they have at least a dozen at home); unfortunately, it's a piece of poop, so I can't really do much on it besides surf the web. So no PO for a while, at least until I get a new laptop.

Well, my computer officially died today. As in, a virus sneaked into my system and wrecked everything. Good family friends who work at apple lent us one of their macs (they have at least a dozen at home); unfortunately, it's a piece of poop, so I can't really do much on it besides surf the web. So no PO for a while, at least until I get a new laptop.
    Wow what, that sucks D: Sorry to hear that...

In other news, it's been taking foreverrrrrrrrr by my in game drought ninetails (vulpix) is finally partially done. Got the EV training done, now I just need to level to 100 and I'm gooddd. However, I find it saddening that I don't even have the Solar Beam tm on Black 2 yet LOL I'm gonna have to go hunt it down...
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Just checking in, not sure when i'll be on PO since christmas break is over, and how did i manage to miss all of you? I wasn't that nocturnal, was I? Anyway, logged on jsut a moment ago befored my compouter started being weird and said error, so ima let windows update and do a virus scan while i play some Assassin's creed, then hopefully get on PO later.

Question: Is the lost hero still running and is Braviary still eligable? I had a great idea, basically scarf with Thrash, shadow claw, brave bird and U-turn, much like Staraptor's niche.
    Author of the Fusion fic, The Coming War (which has recently been abandoned as the last update was a year ago) sorry y'all

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12/Crystalline guard
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I simply can't get rid of my starter, I'm always too attached to it. Besides many of them are incredible good in the competetive game, like Infernape, venassaur or empoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    What about Swampert and Serperior?

...And Chariza--*shot*

That... yeah, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower Emboar View Post
    Is the lost hero still running and is Braviary still eligable? I had a great idea, basically scarf with Thrash, shadow claw, brave bird and U-turn, much like Staraptor's niche.
    Yes, because no one bothered to shut it down. Dunno if Braviary's eligible, though; you'd have to check the December usage stats to find out.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post
    Might rate later.

Still could do with more people for the War Team Tournament, so sign up if you want a shot at the team!

Ice Cold Fire

Page 417 of 421 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421 LastLast