Page 102 of 421 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

So, Im basically posting to show off this new sig..............
    But also, we need to get these teams some managers so Psycho can start this thang! Dx
    (impatient)

Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Oh no you dont metroid

Edit:spoerman by that logic ferrothorn sucks
    Tms i do it tommorrow right now im going to bed
    Ferrothorn does suck. It has limited options and damage output, is very predictable and often set-up fodder for a skilled opponent. My HO teams just love enemy ferros, if im behind dual screens even better as ferrothorn can do nothing to anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    That explains a lot.I usually try to, but sometimes I just get lazy.

I'll get it done tonight.I think you misunderstood what I said. I want to be a player myself, not a manager.Well, it resist bullet punch and extreme speed to make up for that.

....I guess it would be worth it in the rain, but besides that, I don't think it's sp.att is high enough to effectively sweep. At least not in gen 5.

But your argument is only valid if it tries to set up on a fighting type or the enemy team has a Conkeldurr or Mach Punch Infernape, which won't usually be the case, especially if your team is already prepared for the two mach punch users.

Hm...it actually has potential as a speedy rain sweeper. Doesn't hit as hard as Keldeo, but it sure is faster.
    Empoleon is decent, although the turn to set up + life orb wears you down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    Gengar-Jirachi-Heatran

I think I might not leave.
    Unless its a psychially defensive rachi its weak to weaville, and spec def rachi or its weak to starmie, but its a pretty solid core, probably works well in most weathers as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_007 View Post
    So, Im basically posting to show off this new sig..............
    But also, we need to get these teams some managers so Psycho can start this thang! Dx
    (impatient)
    Patience is a virtue.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDino View Post
    Im leaving CG as I will be inactive for a very very long time ._.

Your Clanmate, DinoDino

P.S I love you all
    Noooo, Dino ='[

Quote Originally Posted by metroid78 View Post
    THE TEAM OF THE DAY!
        Spoiler:- Biggest Load of Spam Ever:
    No, just no...

Spoiler:- Gallade Core:
    Oh god, where do I begin with this. I really enjoyed your previous core posts but there are a frightening number of flaws with this one. I guess I'll start with the most worrying (IMO) which is opposing Expert Belt Landorus. You have no real counter for Landy at all. Your best bet would be sending in your own Landy, but then it comes down to a speed tie, which is a bit nerve racking.

Choice items are best used on pokes who don't mind switching in and out several times, ie Hydreigon, Latios. Not so much a poke that is 4x weak to the most common entry hazard.

Even with Stone Edge, Landy will never deal any significant damage to Skarm.

Skill Swap is really just too gimmicky to be viable in competitive play. Because seriously, who is going to keep in their Gliscor when their Poison Heal has been stolen. I know it means you can probably Bulk Up on the switch but even at +1, a no defense invested Gallade is still very frail, and swiftly outsped by many in the OU tier.

Gallade would also appreciate a priority move. Shadow Sneak works really well with Bulk Up and Drain Punch and is usually a staple on Gallade sets.

Your lineup also lacks bulk. Strong neutral hits are enough to break through it, which really is not what you want for a team core.

Also - "We are migrating to 2.0 soon. Ladders on this server do not count anymore!"

Dammit, I hate PO2, better start using it though I guess...

Edit; New CG channel, up and running
    Last edited by Prohawk; 9th July 2012 at 10:13 AM.

Ferrothorn does suck. It has limited options and damage output, is very predictable and often set-up fodder for a skilled opponent. My HO teams just love enemy ferros, if im behind dual screens even better as ferrothorn can do nothing to anything.
    Are you kidding? Because it can't beat your one HO team, it's suddenly a terrible pokemon? You must of not of ever used that thing, and if you did, you probably weren't using it right.
    With BW bringing a plethora of offensively-inclined threats into the metagame, Ferrothorn remains an exception to the rule, holding its ground against many of the most threatening Pokemon seen in competitive play. Great defensive typing, above average stats, and a killer support movepool make him a valuable asset to both offensive and defensive teams alike. The ability to check so many threats at once, including but not limited to Latios, Gengar, and nearly every Water-type in existence allows Ferrothorn many opportunities to switch in and either set up entry hazards or retaliate with either of its two powerful STAB moves. Much like any other Pokemon, Ferrothorn does have its drawbacks in its poor Speed and 4x Fire weakness, but with the right team support, Ferrothorn will almost always perform well.
    And I know from personal experience that this is true. Even thought I never run Gyro Ball on mine, it still demolishes Latios in the rain with leech seed and thunderwave. It can also come in on Draco Meteor when it's not raining and paralyze it. Oh, and water types. It's so good at that, it can beat a Gyarados, even without having super effective STAB, and for the ones that don't have a secondary grass resist....

To put it simply, whenever I use Ferrothorn, I get amazing results from it. And I've used it plenty of times. Sure, it may struggle with set up sweepers, but that's the life of most good defensive pokemon, isn't it? Just count how many swords dance sweepers Blissy can wall.

Edit: Finally forced myself to update the Citrine post...
    Last edited by Zachmac; 9th July 2012 at 1:29 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

True prohawk however when i make cores i try to have them cover each others weaknesses not to mention this is only three out of six i would probably use a skarm with this core to cover the mamoswine weakness
    Edit a person after my own heart http://www.pokemon.aesoft.org/replay...eh--2012-07-08
    Last edited by Usatoday; 9th July 2012 at 1:46 PM.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Also - "We are migrating to 2.0 soon. Ladders on this server do not count anymore!"

Dammit, I hate PO2, better start using it though I guess...

Edit; New CG channel, up and running
    Haha! Suck it Blues! I came prepared for this, so yeah.

RANDOM MOVESET OF THE DAY

Today's featured Pokemon is Ledian!

Ledian@Light Clay
    Careful Nature
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -U turn
    -Safeguard/Roost

Ledian is a Pokemon that I like, but its viability is questionable at best. At least it gets a lot of Special Defense, and it gets both Screens by level! The strategy here should be pretty obvious. U turn to switch out from being Taunted (if you feel confident), and Safeguard for additional team support. If you don't want Safeguard, Roost can be used to heal off Stealth Rock damage. Make sure to start off with Reflect first, as its Defense is lower.
    Last edited by Jonah the Slaking; 9th July 2012 at 1:49 PM.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Gengar-Jirachi-Heatran

I think I might not leave.
    If you do, prepare to be knifed.

|Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

Spoiler:

Hi everyone. I am considering whether to join or not. So I decided to lurk sometime first.
    I am very interested about the jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by jellywolffy View Post
    Hi everyone. I am considering whether to join or not. So I decided to lurk sometime first.
    I dont think you are allowed to post on a clan's thread that you havent joined...but Im not sure :P

I dont think you are allowed to post on a clan's thread that you havent joined...but Im not sure :P
    Meh ..... If they are thinking of joining that counts as joining in my book

Quote Originally Posted by jellywolffy View Post
    I take that these are the sop jobs

Tourmaline is lacking in numbers so could any new members be accepted there as there are about 4/5 active people there

And people stop "thinking of" leaving because going away for a while ... you can just say that you won't be active. The only Person who this doesnt apply to is Dino.
    Last edited by JhenMohranMH3; 9th July 2012 at 4:39 PM.

Push da button

I really really really reaaly really dislike POv2.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

i havent downloaded it yet ..... what is wrong with it ?

Push da button

I find showdown is better for bw2 while original po is good for black and white

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    i havent downloaded it yet ..... what is wrong with it ?
    Everything, making a team, find battles, just everything.

I find showdown is better for bw2 while original po is good for black and white
    Indeed, PO2 sucks. I don't like Showdown, but PO is now even worse

You're just not used to it yet. Trust me, it's pretty cool once you get the hang of it. Oh yeah, and if you get the Ocean theme...guess who came up with the name for it.
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Credit to Atari!
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Are you kidding? Because it can't beat your one HO team, it's suddenly a terrible pokemon? You must of not of ever used that thing, and if you did, you probably weren't using it right.
    And I know from personal experience that this is true. Even thought I never run Gyro Ball on mine, it still demolishes Latios in the rain with leech seed and thunderwave. It can also come in on Draco Meteor when it's not raining and paralyze it. Oh, and water types. It's so good at that, it can beat a Gyarados, even without having super effective STAB, and for the ones that don't have a secondary grass resist....

To put it simply, whenever I use Ferrothorn, I get amazing results from it. And I've used it plenty of times. Sure, it may struggle with set up sweepers, but that's the life of most good defensive pokemon, isn't it? Just count how many swords dance sweepers Blissy can wall.

Edit: Finally forced myself to update the Citrine post...
    Very few of my teams ever have trouble with ferrothorn, but then again, I do love fighting types alot. Also it should be blissey walling nasty plot sweepers/calm minds, and the answer is all except keldeo and psyshockers, as even +6 mons struggle to break chansey/blissey, esp if para'd/toxiced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Haha! Suck it Blues! I came prepared for this, so yeah.

RANDOM MOVESET OF THE DAY

Today's featured Pokemon is Ledian!

Ledian@Light Clay
    Careful Nature
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -U turn
    -Safeguard/Roost

Ledian is a Pokemon that I like, but its viability is questionable at best. At least it gets a lot of Special Defense, and it gets both Screens by level! The strategy here should be pretty obvious. U turn to switch out from being Taunted (if you feel confident), and Safeguard for additional team support. If you don't want Safeguard, Roost can be used to heal off Stealth Rock damage. Make sure to start off with Reflect first, as its Defense is lower.
    I said competetively viable sets. Even in NU, it is outclassed as a screener cause of mesprit.

I can't even use showdown.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Actually mesprit is RU now and why not

|||||||
    Credit to Blues

You're just not used to it yet. Trust me, it's pretty cool once you get the hang of it. Oh yeah, and if you get the Ocean theme...guess who came up with the name for it.
    Yeah, it does get better
    Jonah, you still need to update yours :c
    v 2.0.05

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    I said competetively viable sets. Even in NU, it is outclassed as a screener cause of mesprit.
    And Cryogonal is outclassed as a screener in his tier (I think). But he's still viable. Besides, that is viable; Ledian's base SDef is 110. There's nothing wrong with that set.
    Credit to Atari!

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    I can't even use showdown.
    It's in-browser, how can you not use it?
    And Cryogonal is outclassed as a screener in his tier (I think). But he's still viable. Besides, that is viable; Ledian's base SDef is 110. There's nothing wrong with that set.
    Besides, you know, being weak to Fire, which is really common in the form of Hidden Power Fire, Fire Blast, or Flamethrower. And the whole SR thing.

Btw, how do you turn your team into text? Like what Metroid did.

EDIT: I want to download PO2, but I can't figure out which option to download D:

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Hello,
    I've been inactive, haven't I? Well, I guess that's what I get for joining while on vacation, but I'm back now.

Oooh, the FRPL! (What a time to be gone... -_-) So we'll have to battle in NU for the start? Cool, except for the fact that I don't know what works in NU. To the Smogon Strategy pokedex!
    Which reminds me, does anybody have some teambuilding tips? I'm basically clueless. Any general tips would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    It's in-browser, how can you not use it?

Besides, you know, being weak to Fire, which is really common in the form of Hidden Power Fire, Fire Blast, or Flamethrower. And the whole SR thing.

Btw, how do you turn your team into text? Like what Metroid did.

EDIT: I want to download PO2, but I can't figure out which option to download D:
    After it's built you can go into Teambuilder, and there'll be an Export option. Click that and it brings up your team put into words.
    Credit to Atari!

After it's built you can go into Teambuilder, and there'll be an Export option. Click that and it brings up your team put into words.
    or you can just press Ctrl + E

ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO HASNT DOWNLOADED THE NEW PO
    Copy/paste this link:
    https://github.com/coyotte508/pokemon-online/downloads
    Download the one that says this:
    Pokemon-Online-v2.0.05-Setup.exe
    And join the channel.

ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO HASNT DOWNLOADED THE NEW PO
    Copy/paste this link:
    https://github.com/coyotte508/pokemon-online/downloads
    Download the one that says this:
    Pokemon-Online-v2.0.05-Setup.exe
    And join the channel.
    yeah, its getting lonely with just me and blues on the CG channel :P
    Pokemon black fc : 3482-5219-4012
    PO name : [CG]roguezz

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Page 102 of 421 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast