Page 231 of 421 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Let's suppose, for the sake of argument, a Ghost/Normal type comes out that's a perfect counter to the ever-amazing Gengar. Great defensively, immune to Ghost/Fighting, the works. What would, in turn, become more popular that already exists to counter it? In my opinion, Scrafty would be more common, because Dark would be that thing's only weakness.
    It's impossible to know without knowing the base stats, or ability. Say it had really low speed and defense, then any strong physical attack would take it out. Or if it was a big wall, then things like toxic-stall Gliscor would work best. It's impossible to really tell just from a typing. Kinda like comparing Forretress and Scizor

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    I have a feeling if something like that came out, it's stats wouldn't be too hot. Just look at sableye, Spiritomb, and Shedinja.
    To be fair, Spiritomb has pretty good defenses.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

@ Ghost/Normal Discussion

Well, base stats and ability aside, you'd probably want something with a strong Dark type attack to help bring it down. One thing that comes to mind is Hydreigon, but, of course, that wouldn't work well if it were specially defensive. However, that aside, I'd imagine that most already prevalent attackers would be able to combat it like normal. There are a lot of fighting types that rely on moves other than just fighting. I'm sure a nice Stone Edge would leave a dent, or something like that.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

This Ghost/Normal would be banned to ubers because people wouldn't want their precious gengars hurt. And then, once the "new games" come out with new tutors/forms, a few pokemon will be able to counter it easy, and it'll be brought back to OU. Just saying.

And on the non-competitive side, what would this pokemon be based on? Something that is "half-dead" that didn't pass on? Or maybe something more evil, like something who CAUSES that... so many evil ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    This Ghost/Normal would be banned to ubers because people wouldn't want their precious gengars hurt. And then, once the "new games" come out with new tutors/forms, a few pokemon will be able to counter it easy, and it'll be brought back to OU. Just saying.

And on the non-competitive side, what would this pokemon be based on? Something that is "half-dead" that didn't pass on? Or maybe something more evil, like something who CAUSES that... so many evil ideas.
    It would be the evolution of snorlax that died from diabetes or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    It would be the evolution of snorlax that died from diabetes or something.
    This is quite possibly the funniest thing you've ever said. 10/10 would read again.

It could be like a dead animal that has a talisman on its face that makes it come back to life.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Gah, I forgot how much you guys post. I only left for one day...

I don't feel like fighting today...I guess I'll get back to learning how to RNG. But as for the Gengar discussion....why not make some sort of pokemon to work with?

Hm...you know, discussing how made up pokemon would effect the metagame would be a pretty interesting topic. Like Smogon's create a pokemon.
    Eh, I don't really think so. If it worked like that, the ban list would be much larger.

I mean, we've got the all famous Terrakion. Why hasn't Gliscor ever been banned?

Actually bishop would see a lot more usage as subsd would set up all over it swarm would rise to counter it's dual stab honchkrow would rise and I resent that Wilkie will not die of diabetes maybe gallade but not wookie

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Your House: Amethyst
    Opponent's House: tourmaline
    Opponent's Name: Superstar
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 2-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 35
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 35
    Any improvements for opponent: nope
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: :P

Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

Guys guys guys! I'm gonna be doing a let's play of a game!

It's a game that isn't all that well known. It's called Golden Sun: The Lost Age. If you know it, props!
    GS:TLA is amazing! I love the entire series, and Piers has got to be one of my all-time favorite characters.

Currently playing Black2.

Progress towards goals only counted in Pokemon Black2!

CLEARED until I transfer everything from Black to Black2

Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    I don't mean to offend you in any way, but this really isn't a very intelligent statement (especially coming from you, who generally says intelligent, or at least interesting things). OUR clan would want it banned because of the popularity of Gengar, but I don't think others would care as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Actually bishop would see a lot more usage as subsd would set up all over it swarm would rise to counter it's dual stab honchkrow would rise and I resent that Wilkie will not die of diabetes maybe gallade but not wookie
    Gallade would never get diabetes. It's too physically fit.
    Bisharp I understand, but where did dual STAB Honchkrow come from? I don't see how he acts as a counter at all, especially with Bisharp.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Ok time for me to rant it's not USAToday or USAtoday it's Usatoday
    Both Superpower AND Emboar are capitalized. I'll respond to pretty much anything though.

So, busy weekend. I got a German Shepherd puppy and shes a bit of a handful, this is my reason for absence the last several days.

@normal/ghost I think everyone would freak out, and expect it to go instant-uber before everyone realizes, "oh yeah, dark moves/tricking a ring target onto the pokemon(meh, doable)/scrappy ability(lawl)/odor sleuth(rofl)/ soak and HP electric or grass(doable) and many other possible solutions" It would be kinda like Imposter Ditto. Most people thought it would wreck the metagame, now when i see one i just laugh and send in Volc(it works much better than you would think)

@diabetes killing snorlax, lawl.

So yeah, new puppy + school + learning to drive +attempting to have a social life = no time in my day, so expect my PO time to be mostly at night and weekends.

Night ya'll
    Author of the Fusion fic, The Coming War (which has recently been abandoned as the last update was a year ago) sorry y'all

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12/Crystalline guard
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I simply can't get rid of my starter, I'm always too attached to it. Besides many of them are incredible good in the competetive game, like Infernape, venassaur or empoleon

What about Swampert and Serperior?

...And Chariza--*shot*

Forum Name: Lord PokeLegend
    PO Name*: [CG]Lord PokeLegend
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT -5
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Zircon,Tourmaline,Citrine,Amethyst,Emerald. Preferably not Emerald, No offence but i really dont like Hoenn
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:3 I'm kinda a noob and I barely know about Smogon. Do you guys have a tutoring system I could join or something?
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: I like pokemon, yugioh, and statistics of random stuff including video games, also random tv shows

31/31/31/17/31/31 | Marvel Scale | Female
    ExtremeSpeed

Decided to greatly simplify my format. And I haven't done a BW Egg RNG since I RNGed my Gligar for my W2 team. This took 2 eggs.

And yeah, expect activity to slightly drop from me, I have school.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 11th September 2012 at 3:00 PM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Sadly, I'll be on much less for the next couple of weeks because I have school, and life, and things... Also, if anyone has ever used Random Pokemon Generator for battles, I created a version for a project that exports in PO readable teams from selectable smogon sets here. http://www.youthscrabble.org/cgi-bin/sanka.py
    See you all later

Quote Originally Posted by Lord PokeLegend View Post
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Zircon,Tourmaline,Citrine,Amethyst,Emerald. Preferably not Emerald, No offence but i really dont like Hoenn
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:3 I'm kinda a noob and I barely know about Smogon. Do you guys have a tutoring system I could join or something?
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: I like pokemon, yugioh, and statistics of random stuff including video games, also random tv shows
    Ill put you in zircon.

Also the dreaded full time education has hit me, therefore I will rarely be active before 5PM UK gmt on monday tuesday wednesday and thursday, although I have some time on wednesday morning maybe. If you wish to meet me on PO, friday would be best.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

I Would Like a Userbar!
    Background - Blue
    Text - Jazz Hands - Weavile FTW
    Animated or Non Animated - Animated
    Userbar Style - Single Pokemon
    Pokemon 1 - Weavile
    Pokemon 2 -
    Trainer - Brycen

Is Brycen available to be animated as well?

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    I Would Like a Userbar!
    Background - Blue
    Text - Jazz Hands - Weavile FTW
    Animated or Non Animated - Animated
    Userbar Style - Single Pokemon
    Pokemon 1 - Weavile
    Pokemon 2 -
    Trainer - Brycen

Is Brycen available to be animated as well?
    PM this to prohawk.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

regarding the ghost normal pokemon the easy counter is ttar. it resists both its stabs and the pokemons stats could be good ... just because scizor and swampert have one weakness doesn't mean its stats are bad ... as for design .. possessed teddy bear (spinda evo) and a++++ to aeon for the snorlax comment

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

5th Gen Friend Code(s):
    Welcome to my domain Zircon, man. I'll add you right now.

Also, It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to word that snorlax comment.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    @ Ghost/Normal Discussion

Well, base stats and ability aside, you'd probably want something with a strong Dark type attack to help bring it down. One thing that comes to mind is Hydreigon, but, of course, that wouldn't work well if it were specially defensive. However, that aside, I'd imagine that most already prevalent attackers would be able to combat it like normal. There are a lot of fighting types that rely on moves other than just fighting. I'm sure a nice Stone Edge would leave a dent, or something like that.
    Ah, but even if it was Specially Defensive, Hydreigon can run Physical. Therefore, a Physical Hydreigon may be used to get a surprise kill on said Pokemon, because it thinks it can tank its attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Plamya View Post
    GS:TLA is amazing! I love the entire series, and Piers has got to be one of my all-time favorite characters.
    Make sure to include some compettive pokemon or clan related discussion, so as you're not spamming.

5th Gen Friend Code(s):
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    Ill put you in zircon.
    Would've thought Jhen would want him in Tourmaline. But if he's happy with it then that's fine

-----

A notice for all those who haven't done their FRPL matches yet to do so

Oh, and speaking of the FRPL, the Transfer Season is coming up soon, so managers can get talking about who they'd be willing to sell. (As long as their contracts have expired).
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Oh, well that answers my question on whether theorymoning was spam or not. Also, how many weeks are left in FRPL? I want to do Magic's new tour / World cup.

[B]Your House: Zircon
    [B]Opponent's House: Citrine
    [B]Opponent's Name: Usatoday
    [B]Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Loss 2-0
    [B]Rate your performance out of 50:40
    [B]Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 40
    [B]Any improvements for opponent: Nope
    [B]Any thing else worth mentioning?: Focus Miss is the worst move of all time.........like seriously x.x
        Spoiler:- Credits:

[B]Your House: Citrine
    [B]Opponent's House: Emerald
    [B]Opponent's Name: Sparkbeat
    [B]Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Loss 4-0
    [B]Rate your performance out of 50:43
    [B]Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 49
    [B]Any improvements for opponent: Nope
    [B]Any thing else worth mentioning?:

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Your House: Zircon
    Opponent's House: Emerald
    Opponent's Name: Sparkbeat
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 2-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 40
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 40
    Any improvements for opponent: Nope
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Nope
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 231 of 421 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast