Page 268 of 421 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Guys, I thought of something. This could be a very far-fetched or a very innovative idea, so hear me out.

Jolteon@Flame Orb
    4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Modest/Timid
    Quick Feet
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Fighting)
    -Protect

Jolteon is already fast, but giving it a Quick Feet boost will make it faster than most if not all Scarf users. With this Speed boost, Jolteon can take down enemy scouts before they can U-turn/Volt Switch.
    I actually really like this idea. In rain with Thunder it could be especially powerful. However, there is literally no reason to run max speed. The fastest scarfer that anyone actually uses in OU is Starmie, but I really wouldn't even try to beat scarf Starmie since it is so rare (and you need Timid to beat Starmie). Instead, go for beating scarf Latios, which allows you to run Modest. This would be an EV spread of 36 HP/252 SpAtt/220 Spe MODEST, or if you want more bulk 162 HP/252 SpAtt/96 Spe TIMID.

It's basically faster than everything, just watch out because without Specs you are just going to be picking off weakened **** here and there. So yeah, if you are looking for something to beat scarfers that can still switch moves, this isn't a bad idea. Specs is still better in most circumstances though.

On 4HP Scarf Terrakkion -- Thunderbolt: 226-267 (69.75 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    On 4HP Scarf Latios -- Shadow Ball: 214-254 (70.86 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    On +1 Speed 252 HP Dragonite (multiscale active)-- Hidden Power Ice: 204-244 (52.84 - 63.21%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO

And you one shot scarf Salamence (good to stop moxie sweep), murder Landorus, and maul Gyarados -- yeah I really like this set and with Thunder you can OHKO scarf Terrakion sounds good to me.
    Last edited by superstar; 24th September 2012 at 3:24 AM.

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post

The event has ended! Congrats to all the rank ups!

Running time: Over.
    *wakes up from nap*
    Huh what who?
    I want a rank-up!
    *falls back asleep*

|Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    I actually really like this idea. In rain with Thunder it could be especially powerful. However, there is literally no reason to run max speed. The fastest scarfer that anyone actually uses in OU is Starmie, but I really wouldn't even try to beat scarf Starmie since it is so rare (and you need Timid to beat Starmie). Instead, go for beating scarf Latios, which allows you to run Modest. This would be an EV spread of 36 HP/252 SpAtt/220 Spe MODEST, or if you want more bulk 162 HP/252 SpAtt/96 Spe TIMID.

It's basically faster than everything, just watch out because without Specs you are just going to be picking off weakened **** here and there. So yeah, if you are looking for something to beat scarfers that can still switch moves, this isn't a bad idea. Specs is still better in most circumstances though.

On 4HP Scarf Terrakkion -- Thunderbolt: 226-267 (69.75 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    On 4HP Scarf Latios -- Shadow Ball: 214-254 (70.86 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    On +1 Speed 252 HP Dragonite (multiscale active)-- Hidden Power Ice: 204-244 (52.84 - 63.21%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO

And you one shot scarf Salamence (good to stop moxie sweep), murder Landorus, and maul Gyarados -- yeah I really like this set and with Thunder you can OHKO scarf Terrakion sounds good to me.
    This is a far better idea then using it against scouts. Paired with a Tornadus-T on a rain team, I can see serious work being done. You could essentially fill the other 4 slots with walls due to the sheer speed and power of those 2. However you do become heavily reliant on rain staying up.

Also that's an easy 2hko on Dnite because multiscale will be broken

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    This is a far better idea then using it against scouts. Paired with a Tornadus-T on a rain team, I can see serious work being done. You could essentially fill the other 4 slots with walls due to the sheer speed and power of those 2. However you do become heavily reliant on rain staying up.

Also that's an easy 2hko on Dnite because multiscale will be broken
    Aren't both Jolteon and Tornadus-T special attackers? I mean, Tornadus-T can carry superpower for blissey, but... Actually, that combo works.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    My House: Emerald
    Opponents House: Citrine
    Opponents Name: Avicci
    Score: Win 4-0
    My Rating:
    Opponents Rating:
    Improvements:
    Notes: He was a little rude honestly, but GG
    Can I please ask how I was rude?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    rial virizons and brelooms break this core, while mamo, tornadus therian, and thundurus therain are major threats too :P

lol
    Well Gengar takes care of the Breloom problem, it can sub on the Spore and x2 resist the grass moves while being immune to Mach Punch. Rotom-w takes care of Mamoswine being immune to Earthquake and resists STAB Ice Moves while being able to cripple it with Will-o-wisp.

Was looking through some old posts..

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Announcement 13/6/12: The World Cup Post is now up!

It's quite complicated, although it's set to be pretty enjoyable, so I'd head down to post #9 and have a read! It's always worth being informed for when the First World Cup kicks off. Which, incidentally, will probably be early next month. Although possibly earlier, if people are ready.
    lol

Your House: Emerald
    Opponent's House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's Name:Eliteknight
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 35
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 30
    Any improvements for opponent: None.
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: He missed a few attacks, although I still would of won anyway I'm pretty sure.
    Member of Crystalline

Start of turn 1

Rotom-W used Trick!
    Rotom-W switched items with the foe's Shedinja!
    Rotom-W obtained one Toxic Orb!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Choice Scarf!

The foe's Shedinja used Trick!
    The foe's Shedinja switched items with Rotom-W!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Toxic Orb!
    Rotom-W obtained one Choice Scarf!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dog View Post
    Your House: Emerald
    Opponent's House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's Name:Eliteknight
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 35
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 30
    Any improvements for opponent: None.
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: He missed a few attacks, although I still would of won anyway I'm pretty sure.
    gg today wasnt my day

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Was looking through some old posts..

lol
    Lol, obviously he didn't plan for the FRPL to start x)
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteknight View Post
    gg today wasnt my day
    Well, it was one day out of, how many, four event days? I think you're fine.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Forum Name:StoneCold Destroyer
    PO Name*:StoneCold Destroyer
    5th Gen Friend Code(s): To be announced
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT -4
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Citrine, Amethyst, Zircon, Emerald, Tourmaline
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: I test teams. So it could be 3 or 9. It depends on my pokemon i'm using.
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:I love Pokemon. I love making monotype teams.
    In the desert, no one can hear you scream.
    By the name of StoneCold Destroyer, I claim Regirock!

Friend Code: 1762 - 3168 - 9235

StoneCold Destroyer's Featured Destructive Pokemon

ShowMeTheMankey of Team Tourmaline has earned 20 RP and 15 Crystals

Spiderman of Zircon has earned 10 RP

them event tours...
    Wait, you get Crystals and RP from events tours?
    Cause I won the LU event tour with no losses =D

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by eliteknight View Post
    NOOOOO it is over o well it was fun
    There are more events planne for various times till the end of the year. TMS got a note book and I felt creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMankey View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Aren't both Jolteon and Tornadus-T special attackers? I mean, Tornadus-T can carry superpower for blissey, but... Actually, that combo works.
    It would require max spikes/rocks and phasing to really harm enemy blissey/chanseys, or a stall breaker. Also an enemy jolteon would block the torn t/ jolteon sweeper combo failry well and burn orb stall it down.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    This is why I was wondering about rewards from event tours. It doesn't really benefit the clan at all either

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    It would require max spikes/rocks and phasing to really harm enemy blissey/chanseys, or a stall breaker. Also an enemy jolteon would block the torn t/ jolteon sweeper combo failry well and burn orb stall it down.
    The other 4 slots could be easily filled by Toed, Chansey, Ferro and filler. How common is Jolteon these days anyway

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold Destroyer View Post
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Citrine, Amethyst, Zircon, Emerald, Tourmaline
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: I test teams. So it could be 3 or 9. It depends on my pokemon i'm using.
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:I love Pokemon. I love making monotype teams.
    Accepted into Citrine, unless someone else has something to say about it. Now help me with a mono type team.

This is why I was wondering about rewards from event tours. It doesn't really benefit the clan at all either
    I guess I confused a couple people. That RP was for a 10 man tour on the CG channel. I had doubled the rewards cause of the event, and mistakenly referred to it as an event tour. My bad.

I gave mankey crystals cause he's pissing me off with RP.

EDIT: sorry for weird formatting, I can't decode this.
    Last edited by Aeon™; 24th September 2012 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Okay danger ill give you a task make a core with a virizion and lets compare
    mmmk i`ll do it later, tho my cores focus on sweeping :P

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Guys, I thought of something. This could be a very far-fetched or a very innovative idea, so hear me out.

Jolteon@Flame Orb
    4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Modest/Timid
    Quick Feet
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Fighting)
    -Protect

Jolteon is already fast, but giving it a Quick Feet boost will make it faster than most if not all Scarf users. With this Speed boost, Jolteon can take down enemy scouts before they can U-turn/Volt Switch.
    jolteon lacks the power to sweep outright and he`ll get worn down to fast from the burns and stealth rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    Can I please ask how I was rude?

Well Gengar takes care of the Breloom problem, it can sub on the Spore and x2 resist the grass moves while being immune to Mach Punch. Rotom-w takes care of Mamoswine being immune to Earthquake and resists STAB Ice Moves while being able to cripple it with Will-o-wisp.
    gengar cant into spore, then your screwed :L and LO mamo 2hkos rotom wash with superpower

When is Magicmonkey's tour going to start?
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2vloeo9.jpg[/IMG]

Welcome Stone_Cold.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMankey View Post
    When is Magicmonkey's tour going to start?
    Depends when I get 4 clear teams apply, so I can sort out the rounds and finish everything up.

Also gengar should not sub on a breloom. Bullet seed will 2hko the sub most of the time (if non life orb, no bonuses its min-max IIRC), and with life orb+rocks can do loads of damage to gengar if it gets 4-5 hits. It could block the spore, but LO gengar OHKO's breloom, best not risk taking bullet seeds to the face very painfully.

Also I plan on doing some analyses of meta game changes, usage stats, new pokemon and stuff, maybe do an article type tihng on it. its kinda an OU metagame thing that might help with things you struggle with. What counters what, what should see more usage, sets to expect, what isn't as useful with new releases, what is, and why. If you like the idea, good. If there is anything you want covered, suggest away, preferably by vm/pm.

Can I sign up to be a pokedex collecter?

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    Welcome Stone_Cold.
    You remember me Sietse.
    In the desert, no one can hear you scream.
    By the name of StoneCold Destroyer, I claim Regirock!

Friend Code: 1762 - 3168 - 9235

StoneCold Destroyer's Featured Destructive Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Accepted into Amethyst, since that's the only one you listed .__.
    WHY DO PEOPLE HATE CITRINE T_T

Please do

Who's Mazz?
    And jeez, 500 RP.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold Destroyer View Post
    Welcome to CG I hope you enjoy your time here
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Just finished revising my team if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...y-Wifi-OU-team

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    Depends when I get 4 clear teams apply, so I can sort out the rounds and finish everything up.
    How many more to go??

I have a full team, I'll announce it once I get the banner. But don't start without us.

Sietses team is the only one that has applied with all its members thus far I beleive.

Also I may have to give amethyst some crystals and stuff and shizz. Luckly I have the memory of an elephant.

Page 268 of 421 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast