Page 314 of 421 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Jr Breshears View Post
    needs more luke
    Heh, well this one was meant to be a bit Scizor-like. Maybe the next one can be blue and silver =]

Hey, I have a question. Does anyone here have a Female DW Magikarp that they're willing to trade me or breed and then trade me the child of? I'm wanting to build my team in game, but that's the only pokemon/ability I'm not capable of getting my self at the moment xD
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    made a beat with my friend that if he does well on his sats i`ll match his score on PO, then he told me his friends think he`ll get 2200 -___-
    anyway, i want some people to help me test my mixed tier team(when i make it in the next few days) 2OU, 2UU, 2RU
    Should really do the score out of 1600 (math + reading) -- good score is 1400 or above and great score is 1500 or above, just like PO -- getting an 1800 on the three combined sections is actually rather easy.
    I would love to test out that mixed tier team too sounds interesting. Is Drizzle + Swift Swim allowed? Cause Kabutops and Kingdra are going to do work if so.

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I'm just-a lurkin.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2mzz2h1.png[/IMG]
    Pokemon Black FC: 1764 - 3901 - 4182

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Your House: tourmaline
    Opponent's House: emerald
    Opponent's Name: sushi_noodles
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: win 5-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 40
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 25
    Any improvements for opponent: That first guy really does troll hard, but I honestly think it would be better to use something else there that might be more useful to the team
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: GG

Lol, had to share this story on White 2.

Spoiler:- Legendary boss battle:

Oh how I do love Pokemon trainer's ill-placed speeches on how indestructable a certain pokemon is.
    Author of the Fusion fic, The Coming War (which has recently been abandoned as the last update was a year ago) sorry y'all

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12/Crystalline guard
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I simply can't get rid of my starter, I'm always too attached to it. Besides many of them are incredible good in the competetive game, like Infernape, venassaur or empoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    What about Swampert and Serperior?

...And Chariza--*shot*

Im leaving the gaurd...

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    I will have you know the duck walled everyone in this clan at one point
    Do you mean walled just one 'mon, or an entire team? Cuz I've had both.
    Speaking of ducky, how about some counters? He's become so popular in this clan, I think we may need to start going over what to use to prevent him from walling your whole freaking team.
    Like, say, Choice Band Terrakion or something. Anything less powerful, and you won't be able to take it down o-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Well it was gunna be a userbar, but now it's more of a mini banner. Behold the artistic prize that goes to the winner of Gigas tour - henceforth known as the Tournament of Titans or TOT

Edit; this art was done by EmeraldGoblin as it far outclasses mine
    Looks fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Im leaving the gaurd...
    Well, based on your user-status thing, I'd have to say I hope you feel less depressed later

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    THE MISSION MUST GO AAAAAAAAAWN~
    Yeh, I really enjoyed the mission... :/
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Speaking of ducky, how about some counters? He's become so popular in this clan, I think we may need to start going over what to use to prevent him from walling your whole freaking team.
    Like, say, Choice Band Terrakion or something. Anything less powerful, and you won't be able to take it down o-o

Looks fantastic!

Well, based on your user-status thing, I'd have to say I hope you feel less depressed later
    conkeldurr. lets see the duck try do any damage to a standard bulk up set. or lets see thunder wave cripple one of the slowest mons in OU whilst giving guts. and lets see stab super effective recovery from drain punch. although a drain punch may not kill depending on guts/ bulk ups/ EV spread/ HP, p2 does not wanna stick around.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Any strong physical attacker really. Takes P2 out faster. It works like Chansey with a better self movepool.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    conkeldurr. lets see the duck try do any damage to a standard bulk up set. or lets see thunder wave cripple one of the slowest mons in OU whilst giving guts. and lets see stab super effective recovery from drain punch. although a drain punch may not kill depending on guts/ bulk ups/ EV spread/ HP, p2 does not wanna stick around.
    Tell that to my offesive trick room set with psychic
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    Any strong physical attacker really. Takes P2 out faster. It works like Chansey with a better self movepool.
    um um have you used it without any defensive investment it gets 325 def with eviolite

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

um um have you used it without any defensive investment it gets 325 def with eviolite
    psychic won't kill a conkeldurr. Latias psychics do like 70% with no item, so lets see P2 do it. even a download boost being equal to STAB from latias, and a life orb, it won't OHKO. and with no eviolite and max sp atk conk will OHKO back. Its still a solid pokemon because of its agro move pool, recovery, ability choices and eviolite access.

I'd say Chansey, Blissey, or Umbreon with heal bell and toxic on them would do well against P2, since it doesn't have access to heal bell.

Trainer Level 3 Squad | Alpha Sapphire Team - - En Route from Petalburg to Slateport via Ocean | WF Quest Log

Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    Should really do the score out of 1600 (math + reading) -- good score is 1400 or above and great score is 1500 or above, just like PO -- getting an 1800 on the three combined sections is actually rather easy.
    I would love to test out that mixed tier team too sounds interesting. Is Drizzle + Swift Swim allowed? Cause Kabutops and Kingdra are going to do work if so.
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Prankstar 73 View Post
    I'm just-a lurkin.
    hey prank, didnt know you where still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower Emboar View Post
    Lol, had to share this story on White 2.

Spoiler:- Legendary boss battle:

Oh how I do love Pokemon trainer's ill-placed speeches on how indestructable a certain pokemon is.
    This made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    Pretty much the best counter I can think of

Not any strong attacker

252 Atk Life Orb Infernape (+Atk) Close Combat vs 252 HP/108 Def Eviolite Porygon2 (+Def) : 76.2% - 89.04% (2 hits to KO)

That's a 120 base power attack + STAB + Life Orb coming off 337 atk and super effective, and it doesn't kill the duck. Download is actually viable in the duck to give some sort of offensive presence and with Tri Attack, you can OHKO Ape back after CC.

0 +1 SpAtk Porygon2 Tri Attack vs 0 HP/0 -1 SpDef Infernape: 92.15% - 108.53% (50% chance to OHKO)

Don't underestimate the duck

Forum Name: -Typhoon-
    PO Name*: -Typhoon-
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT+/-0
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Emerald,Amethyst,Tourmaline.
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 6/7
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: I like turtles.

Not any strong attacker

252 Atk Life Orb Infernape (+Atk) Close Combat vs 252 HP/108 Def Eviolite Porygon2 (+Def) : 76.2% - 89.04% (2 hits to KO)

That's a 120 base power attack + STAB + Life Orb coming off 337 atk and super effective, and it doesn't kill the duck. Download is actually viable in the duck to give some sort of offensive presence and with Tri Attack, you can OHKO Ape back after CC.

0 +1 SpAtk Porygon2 Tri Attack vs 0 HP/0 -1 SpDef Infernape: 92.15% - 108.53% (50% chance to OHKO)

Yeah if you want Porygon to go down easy you kinda need...ehem...THE POOWEEERRR

So like...Luke or Conkellderp and I see Prohawkn already mention the monkey.

This made me laugh

Pretty much the best counter I can think of

Not any strong attacker

Yeah, that's true, but it's not really hard to get Porygon2 to switch into SR (no lefties) and force it out, leaving it at 75% on the second switch -- much easier to KO. If you have sand up, that drops down to 62% -- which many attackers can 2HKO after. Short story, Porygon2 is a good glue Pokemon to provide defense on an offensive team, but I find myself recovering far too much and getting worn down by repeated neutral attacks -- the lack of resistances really hurts him here. Also the lack of leftovers is important.

These flaws are the main reasons why he is UU, and I usually have difficulty justifying his use over Ferrothorn, who has hazards, just as good recovery between Leech Seed and Protect, and two powerful STAB attacks in Gyro Ball and Power Whip, and a fire weakness that is much rarer these days because of the popularity of rain, and it also resists Stealth Rock. The most important quality Ferrothorn has over Porygon2 is resistances. He resists the best attacking type in water, resits Thunder, EDIT: resists DRAGON, and even has Iron Barbs to wear down physical attackers. Ultimately, Normal is just a piss-poor defensive typing. Just my two cents.

EDIT: Also, at some point in the future (post-world cup, so like December) I am thinking about running a Smogon DW tour. This tier is very fun, and in my opinion is much more balanced than the shitty OU meta we have right now. Shadow Tag Chandelure, my boy Dory, Garchomp, Soul Dew, Thundurus-I, and even things like Water Absorb Suicune, Ice Body Regice, and Contrary Serperior are all available in this fun tier! So I guess my question is, would people be interested in having this happen eventually?

EDIT2: Started applying for med schools. Damn I feel old.
    Last edited by superstar; 19th October 2012 at 7:00 PM.

Won against Lode for Giga's tournament in 2 ggs
    image file size too large, removed - mod

I'm aware. But 325 can only get you so far these days with all the powerful physical sweepers in OU.
    Not any strong attacker

I wasn't really meaning a complete OHKO. But you still have to admit, that if 76.2%(If the lowest damage is dealt) is shaved off of P2, it can easily be revenge killed by something else.

I'm aware. But 325 can only get you so far these days with all the powerful physical sweepers in OU.

I wasn't really meaning a complete OHKO. But you still have to admit, that if 76.2%(If the lowest damage is dealt) is shaved off of P2, it can easily be revenge killed by something else.
    No doubt, I was more doing it to show that such a strong attacker, with Stab and a super effective move fails to OHKO. Kinda means that neutral hits (even strong ones) aren't going to be making huge dents in the duck

Let's put it this way it walls specios it takes 40% with genders focus blast ferro cant do that play it's strengths not it's weaknesses it walls drogonite and mence

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Let's put it this way it walls specios it takes 40% with genders focus blast ferro cant do that play it's strengths not it's weaknesses it walls drogonite and mence
    I was planning on using life orb sharpen, but making it a wall seems a better idea.

beat ek in the tourney in 2 great games

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

Page 314 of 421 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast