Page 315 of 421 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

  1. #7851
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Citadark Isle
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    lost my tourney battle



    EDIT:
    Your House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's House: Citrine
    Opponent's Name: Avicii
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: WIN 1-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 30
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 35
    Any improvements for opponent: Should of used e-speed with d-nite vs lando prob would of won
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: I played badly but bad team matchup in the end cost him a 3-0 win

    gg
    Last edited by Eliteknight; 19th October 2012 at 9:04 PM.


    Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

  2. #7852
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Your House: Citrine
    Opponent's House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's Name: Lionhead
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Lose 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: -
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: -
    Any improvements for opponent: -
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: -

    Your House: Citrine
    Opponent's House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's Name: Lionhead
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 2-0 or 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: -
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: -
    Any improvements for opponent: -
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: -

    Your House: Citrine
    Opponent's House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's Name: Lionhead
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 1-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: -
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: -
    Any improvements for opponent: -
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: -
    Last edited by Avicii; 19th October 2012 at 9:27 PM.

  3. #7853
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    so much rain today -__-
    also excadrill is in DW OU



  4. #7854
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Currently 1-0 down to Eagle in Giga's Tour ... meant to post yesterday but forgot

    Forum Name: -Typhoon-
    PO Name*: -Typhoon-
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT+/-0
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Emerald,Amethyst,Tourmaline.
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 6/7
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: I like turtles.
    Emerald.

    Push da button

  5. #7855
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kei Konguki
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Typhoon- View Post
    Forum Name: -Typhoon-
    PO Name*: -Typhoon-
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT+/-0
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Emerald,Amethyst,Tourmaline.
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 6/7
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: I like turtles.
    Hey, welcome on board I hope you enjoy your stay~
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

        Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

  6. #7856
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prankstar 73 View Post
    I'm just-a lurkin.
    Woah wait, where'd you come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Typhoon- View Post
    Forum Name: -Typhoon-
    PO Name*: -Typhoon-
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT+/-0
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Emerald,Amethyst,Tourmaline.
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 6/7
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: I like turtles.
    As Jazz said, accepted into Emerald.
    I also like turtles.

    Oh yeah, I'll also be on PO to battle later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Jhen*

    10char
    o-o
    Last edited by Soperman; 20th October 2012 at 2:09 AM.


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  7. #7857
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    As Jazz said, accepted into Emerald.
    Jhen*

    10char

  8. #7858
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Astral Plane
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    In my LG run, NO ONE can out-troll my Ninetales. Attract + Confuse Ray + Willowisp, along with high Special Defense and Speed, make it the ultimate troll. In-game, at least.

    I haven't gotten a chance to try my P2 yet...all I know about it is that it's a good Trick Room user.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

  9. #7859
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    GMT -4
    Posts
    340

    Default

    I'd like to thank all of your for the duck discussion as it inspired my new ou team To add to the competetive discussion, why is wheezing in RU/NU? It has a typing an ability that gives it one not super common weakness and a handful of important resistances in Fighting and ground. Very respectable bulk. And a move pool that provides good support with willo toxic and clear smog. But also has decent recovery with ps and a way to counter steels with flamethrower. Thoughts?
    Evicted From Home = Retired

  10. #7860
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Astral Plane
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    I'd like to thank all of your for the duck discussion as it inspired my new ou team To add to the competetive discussion, why is wheezing in RU/NU? It has a typing an ability that gives it one not super common weakness and a handful of important resistances in Fighting and ground. Very respectable bulk. And a move pool that provides good support with willo toxic and clear smog. But also has decent recovery with ps and a way to counter steels with flamethrower. Thoughts?
    Most likely, the main culprit is its low HP. Another possibility is its lack of resistance to more common types like Ice and Fire. Pain Split does work better with low HP, but if you don't live to use it, that won't do you much good either.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

  11. #7861
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    GMT -4
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    It's called special attacks
    If found that to be very sarcastic and rude sounding. If your going to try and respond to something like your a know it all, at least put some reasoning behind it. Simply saying it can't take special attacks doesn't mean squat. Blissey can't take a physical attack to save her life yet she is still a popular pokemon in OU. I bring this up because I've seen you make similar comments to other people about competetive discussion and it just makes you look like a jerk. Not like you know what your talking about.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

  12. #7862
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    I'd like to thank all of your for the duck discussion as it inspired my new ou team To add to the competetive discussion, why is wheezing in RU/NU? It has a typing an ability that gives it one not super common weakness and a handful of important resistances in Fighting and ground. Very respectable bulk. And a move pool that provides good support with willo toxic and clear smog. But also has decent recovery with ps and a way to counter steels with flamethrower. Thoughts?
    Outclassed, I guess. I mean, besides walling some stuff, it doesn't have much use. It can't stall, it can't hit back very hard; it just isn't OU material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    If found that to be very sarcastic and rude sounding. If your going to try and respond to something like your a know it all, at least put some reasoning behind it. Simply saying it can't take special attacks doesn't mean squat. Blissey can't take a physical attack to save her life yet she is still a popular pokemon in OU. I bring this up because I've seen you make similar comments to other people about competetive discussion and it just makes you look like a jerk. Not like you know what your talking about.
    No offense, but totally uncalled for. He was just giving a reason as to why, not trying to insult you. Also, that's just how Usa posts; short, quick, and straight to the point. Don't freak out.
    Finally, I bring up rule number two.

    Oh, and Blissey is used over Weezing because it has such a wide variety of roles it can play.


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  13. #7863
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Astral Plane
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    Blissey can't take a physical attack to save her life yet she is still a popular pokemon in OU.
    OBJECTION!

    Nowadays, pretty much every Blissey has Bold and Defense investment. As long as the physical attack isn't boosted and/or Fighting type, she can tank it quite nicely. I cite that she only takes around 33% from Alakazam's Psyshock as my proof (at least in my experience). Not to mention Blissey has that monstrous HP, setting it on a different level from the gas bag.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

  14. #7864
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Outclassed, I guess. I mean, besides walling some stuff, it doesn't have much use. It can't stall, it can't hit back very hard; it just isn't OU material.

    No offense, but totally uncalled for. He was just giving a reason as to why, not trying to insult you. Also, that's just how Usa posts; short, quick, and straight to the point. Don't freak out.
    Finally, I bring up rule number two.

    Oh, and Blissey is used over Weezing because it has such a wide variety of roles it can play.
    Just saying Special Attacks is a pretty halfass reason. I also found it pretty rude as Shep was trying to get a bit of discussion going, where Usa simply shut it down without even any backup.

    Yes Weezing is pretty weak to special attacks but that doesn't mean it doesn't make a great physical wall.

    252 Atk Salamence (+Atk) Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Weezing (+Def) : 42.22% - 49.7% (3 hits to KO)

    252 +2 Atk Life Orb Lucario (+Atk) Close Combat vs 252 HP/252 Def Weezing (+Def) : 47.31% - 55.69% (2-3 hits to KO)

    Weezing can switch in on these major threats and hit them with a WoW crippling them. That is a pretty impressive feat. Having 1 weakness is pretty good too, plus a valuable resistance to the ever common fighting moves and an immunity to Earthquake.

    Overall I think Weezing is overlooked in OU due to being outclassed in terms of being a physical wall by pokes such as Slowbro (which has amazing access to recovery), Landorus-T (who can provide a far better offensive presence) or Gliscor (who has amazing recovery, offensive presence and great overall versatility). Still just because it's lesser used doesn't mean it's not viable

    Btw, Blissey doesn't exactly have a wide variety of roles. It's either the standard support set or a wish passer. Those are the only viable sets in BW2OU
    Last edited by Prohawk; 20th October 2012 at 4:29 AM.

  15. #7865
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Serebii
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Outclassed, I guess. I mean, besides walling some stuff, it doesn't have much use. It can't stall, it can't hit back very hard; it just isn't OU material.

    No offense, but totally uncalled for. He was just giving a reason as to why, not trying to insult you. Also, that's just how Usa posts; short, quick, and straight to the point. Don't freak out.
    Finally, I bring up rule number two.

    Oh, and Blissey is used over Weezing because it has such a wide variety of roles it can play.
    Soper, you do it like this.



    2. No Flaming.

    Also, pro hawks right.


  16. #7866
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Just saying Special Attacks is a pretty halfass reason. I also found it pretty rude as Shep was trying to get a bit of discussion going, where Usa simply shut it down without even any backup.
    Btw, Blissey doesn't exactly have a wide variety of roles. It's either the standard support set or a wish passer. Those are the only viable sets in BW2OU
    Look, I don't like Usa's comment either, but rules are rules.
    Oh, and didn't Blissey act as a cleric in BW? And there's the whole Serene Grace/CM set that Alex loved x)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Soper, you do it like this.

    I felt really lazy. And it's your thing anyway


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  17. #7867
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With Lucy and her diamonds
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    Won against Lode for Giga's tournament in 2 ggs
    I shall avenge my dearly beloved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Look, I don't like Usa's comment either, but rules are rules.
    Oh, and didn't Blissey act as a cleric in BW? And there's the whole Serene Grace/CM set that Alex loved x)

    I felt really lazy. And it's your thing anyway
    Blissey was more of a cleric, while chancey was simply toxic stall...which was walled by which ghost/poison pokemon???





    Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

  18. #7868
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Astral Plane
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    I felt really lazy.
    Sorry, Psycho, I can't resist.



    Anyway, how do Blissey and Chansey run separate sets? That escapes me to no end.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

  19. #7869
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texash
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Anyone else catch Grimsley's amazing quote after you beat him in BW2? I think that can apply to most of the competitive battlers on PO on any given day. anyway, done with White 2, on to Black 2. see you about with check ins on any distinctions.
    Author of the Fusion fic, The Coming War (which has recently been abandoned as the last update was a year ago) sorry y'all


    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12/Crystalline guard
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal


    Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I simply can't get rid of my starter, I'm always too attached to it. Besides many of them are incredible good in the competetive game, like Infernape, venassaur or empoleon

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    What about Swampert and Serperior?

    ...And Chariza--*shot*

  20. #7870
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post

    As Jazz said, accepted into Emerald.
    I get the feeling you mean Jhen

    EDIT: Watched a great Friends episode last night. Rachel says: There is a fine line between love and hate, and apparently that line is a scarf.
    Exactly my thoughts with Genesect
    Last edited by Jazz™; 20th October 2012 at 8:52 AM.



    Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

  21. #7871
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Oh, and didn't Blissey act as a cleric in BW? And there's the whole Serene Grace/CM set that Alex loved x)
    Cleric/support, same set. They both run Heal Bell/Aromatherapy. Serene Grace/CM?? What's that, let my Terrakion set up for free?? Sure thing. If you want to use Serene Grace/Calm Mind, use a Rachi

    Quote Originally Posted by Superpower Emboar View Post
    Anyone else catch Grimsley's amazing quote after you beat him in BW2? I think that can apply to most of the competitive battlers on PO on any given day. anyway, done with White 2, on to Black 2. see you about with check ins on any distinctions.
    Heh, agree with you there

  22. #7872
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poo
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Yeah more arguments! I LOVE arguments!

    On a serious note, is giving Ferrothorn a physically defensive set going to help against most Terrakion? Or should I opt for the 'standard' which'd be better for my team in general?

    Ice Cold Fire

  23. #7873
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Yeah more arguments! I LOVE arguments!

    On a serious note, is giving Ferrothorn a physically defensive set going to help against most Terrakion? Or should I opt for the 'standard' which'd be better for my team in general?
    a defensive ferrothorn can switch in on attacks from mence/dnite better, and not take 30-40% frm outrages (band, DD, moxie boosts etc.), however it does not take fire blasts, rain boosted water attacks or focus blasts (from torn-t, ggar, kazam) as well. It has uses, but it depends what you want it for.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.


  24. #7874
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Serebii
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    I get the feeling you mean Jhen

    EDIT: Watched a great Friends episode last night. Rachel says: There is a fine line between love and hate, and apparently that line is a scarf.
    Exactly my thoughts with Genesect
    You know that a cousin of my Mom was one of the writers, and then later producer of Friends?

    Also, CG now has like 10 brains in TMP. Taken stuff over from the inside out. Yeah.
    Last edited by Aeon™; 20th October 2012 at 5:35 PM.


  25. #7875
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Cleric/support, same set. They both run Heal Bell/Aromatherapy. Serene Grace/CM?? What's that, let my Terrakion set up for free?? Sure thing. If you want to use Serene Grace/Calm Mind, use a Rachi
    Obviously, you'll need to take out Terrakion first. But honestly, the surprise factor is really great, because by the time the opponent realizes what you're doing, it's too late
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    You know that a cousin of my Mom was one of the writers, and then later producer of Friends?

    Also, CG now has like 10 brains in TMP. Taken stuff over from the inside out. Yeah.
    xD

    So, in my B2, I decided to trade over a Rhyperior I was training (well, it was a Rhydon at the time, but you know, evolution). It was EV trained from my original Black version and everything. And oh my god does it rock. Expert Belt and Edgequake wreck everything. It's so much fun

    Battling Jazz Hands as I type. WIll post results in a minute

    EDIT: BOOM 2-1 my win
    You know, the wins felt a lot better because USAToday was being really annoying, and kept cheering against me. YAY MOTIVATION
    Last edited by Soperman; 20th October 2012 at 6:08 PM.


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Page 315 of 421 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •