Page 316 of 421 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

Forum Name: Tithi
    PO Name*: [CG] Tithi
    5th Gen Friend Code(s): None
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT -6:00
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: 1st Amethyst, 2nd Citrine, 3rd Tourmaline, 4th Emerald, and 5th Zircon
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 8
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: I play pokemon & I've heard Prohawk & magicmonkey were pretty strong so I want to become as strong as them

Spoiler:- Badges and Other:

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Obviously, you'll need to take out Terrakion first. But honestly, the surprise factor is really great, because by the time the opponent realizes what you're doing, it's too late
    It's really only useful in a stall war. Outside of that it's pretty redundant, it's still going to struggle with strong physical attackers, it's too slow to pull off a sweep and the SpDef boosts are pretty useless because what sort of noob is going to attack Bliss with special attacks. Seriously, just use a Rachi, better in almost every way. Much better stats (speed/defense, spdef is redundant), typing and immune to Toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Tithi View Post
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: 1st Amethyst, 2nd Citrine, 3rd Tourmaline, 4th Emerald, and 5th Zircon
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: I play pokemon & I've heard Prohawk & magicmonkey were pretty strong so I want to become as strong as them
    Join us on the PO channel. Type #Crystalline Guard and you'll join

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    I get the feeling you mean Jhen

EDIT: Watched a great Friends episode last night. Rachel says: There is a fine line between love and hate, and apparently that line is a scarf.
    Exactly my thoughts with Genesect
    Hahahahahahaha
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Spaaaaaarkbeeeat. We need to battle. Make some free time to battle me bro. c:

We battled twice. 2-0. GG bro.
    Last edited by Avicii; 20th October 2012 at 8:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Yeah more arguments! I LOVE arguments!

On a serious note, is giving Ferrothorn a physically defensive set going to help against most Terrakion? Or should I opt for the 'standard' which'd be better for my team in general?
    Oh Ninja
    You card.

RANDOM MOVESET OF THE WEEK

This week's mon is Jynx! (let me know if I did this one already)

Jynx @Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    Ability: Dry Skin
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast/Hidden Power [Ground]
    -Lovely Kiss
    -Nasty Plot

Jynx may be Slender grade creepy, but it's not too shabby on the battlefield. Put an enemy to sleep, set up Nasty Plot, then attack. Ice Beam is your main move. Focus Blast covers Steels and Darks, though HP Ground is a more accurate alternative against Steels and is more effective against Fire-types as well.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Core coming up tonight pick a poke

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

weezing

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Hmmmm. Darmanitan.

Terrakion!!!

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tithi View Post
    Accepted into Amethyst.
    ...Unless you guys are willing for her to go to Citrine :3

Definitley Weezing

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Rules:
    ~OU 5v5 War. 2 matches will be BW1 Wifi, the remaining 3 will be BW2 on PO/PS. First clan that gets 3 wins is the winner.
    ~ All battles will be 6 on 6 OU standard rules.
    ~ All battles will be best of 3. Each player must win 2/3 of the battles to get a win (Except for the Wifi matches which are Bo1)
    ~ Anything Smogon banned will be banned for this war.
    ~ No trolling, flaming, or spamming!
    ~ The results of each battle needs to be posted and confirmed on this thread.

Lineups:

Team Enchanted Garden:
    Hax_R_Us
    Myrrh
    Mean Mr. Snorlax
    GC7 (Wifi)
    Exodus (Wifi)

Substitutes
    TheMetalOverlord
    Tleon (Wifi)
    Flash-Sama (Wifi)

Crystalline Guard:
    -Magicmonkey
    -ShowMeTheMankey
    -Superstar
    -thegame88 (Wifi)
    -Psilo (Wifi)

Substitutes
    -Mcdanger
    -Charizard_007
    -Lionhead (Wifi)

Matchups:
    (TEG on the left, CG on the right)

Hax_R_Us - ShowMeTheMankey
    Myrrh - Superstar
    Mean Mr. Snorlax - Magicmonkey
    GC7 (Wifi) - Psilo (Wifi)
    Exodus (Wifi) - thegame88 (Wifi)

The deadline for this war is November 25th. There will be no extensions, so get your battles done.
    Have Fun!

Last edited by Prohawk; 7th November 2012 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Accepted into Amethyst.
    ...Unless you guys are willing for her to go to Citrine :3
    Haha Im actually a guy. I just like using Iris.

I'm agreeing with Soper and Spider--Weezing for the core. definitelynotbecauseusadoesn'tlikeitoranything
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Credit to Atari!
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Lets welcome our new entrant to OU with a core of it's own. Garchomp, I choose you!

Hey all!

@Soper, Crotine sounds fine by me

And a garchomp/weezing core

Mission related stuff:

Not sure whether i should start this or not but if all teams could pm all their moves to me (if they have moves to do) because that way i can co-ordinate some sort of stuff. But if Psycho is still "in charge" of the mission then perhaps you dont need to.

That random tour thing that i was doing ages ago:

Next round MIGHT be coming up soon, on the other hand it might not be

Push da button

Just had a rather interesting battle...well, see for yourself.

Spoiler:- DITTOOOOOOO:
    Credit to Atari!

I vote for Tentacruel for the core

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

I vote garchomp. He has not been much of a threat, but garchomp or kyurem-B are awesome. In look cool factor
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Weezing/Garchomp.
    Chomp is epic in/out of competitive. I use him on my SS main team.
    He is the best thing on the team of about thirty-three (rotating)

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Im with magic garchomp would be good

*Credit Goes To Sworn Metalhead*

BOTD
    Synergy Time
    Carbon Monoxide

Weezing @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Satk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    Clear Smog/Haze
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Pain Split
    Fire Blast/Will O Wisp
    Say hello to tonight's MVP Weezing now weezing has a unique niche in OU even though i hate to admit it, it really does do rather well as it can sponge hits from pokemon such as lucario as well as come in to utterly annihilate ferrothorn and scizor with a fire attack which it quaintly learns, So first off we have either your choice of haze or clear smog both of which remove all status changes such as a dragon dance from dragonite or salamence or to remove a swords dance from threats such as gliscor or lucario. However you must choose wisely as clear smog while getting a stab making it a base 75 power move must also consider it is in itself a poison type attacks and will not affect steels like lucario and scizor where as haze will allow you to remove these boosts from lucario and other steel types. Hidden power ice helps to nail gliscor and dragonite as they attempt to set up weezing with either dragon dance or swords dance. Pain split is unfortunately the only recovery move it can utilize outside of leech seed and wish support. Finally there's fire blast versus will o wisp one of which will completely cripple a physical attacker such as ferrothorn or salamence preventing you from getting swept. However one could opt to go with fire blast to demolish lucario scizor and ferrothorn.

Spiritomb (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 100 SAtk
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Hidden Power (Fire)
    Now to find the next member to this core we need to dwell in the murky waters of the stall tier known as RU where we come across Spiritomb a simple Pokemon that has no weaknesses as it made no enemies with other pokemon spiritomb can come in on a psychic attack aimed at weezing and then annihilate the psychic type with pursuit or sucker punch as they try to switch out. Spritomb is one heck of a pursuit trapper and revenge killer Pursuit allows spiritomb to trap the latis after something has sponged the hits while it can still bring down an alakazam on it own. Sucker punch allows for spiritomb to deal a very hard hit out to anything that doesn'st resist it and wants to take out spiritomb. shadow sneak allows for a weaker but more reliable stab move that can hit gallade and subdisable gengar very very well. Finally there's hidden power fire who has enough evs to ohko genesect upon switch in or to simply sponge a hit from it and ohko it right back after stealth rocks.

100 SpAtk Infiltrator Spiritomb (Neutral) Hidden Power (Fire) vs 4 HP / 0 SpDef Genesect (Neutral): 77% - 91% (220 - 260 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252 SpAtk +1 Genesect (+SAtk) Bug Buzz vs 252 HP / 0 SpDef Spiritomb (Neutral): 70% - 83% (214 - 253 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252 Atk +1 Genesect (+Atk) U-turn vs 252 HP/ 0 Def Spiritomb (Neutral): 55% - 65% (168 - 198 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    Say hello to perhaps my favorite pokemon ever invented porygon2 and with the discussion we had i thought it would be quaint to add it into tonight's core. However porygon2 got an even bigger boon this generation with the introduction of eviolite and with a specially defensive it hit 475 special defense giving it the ability to sponge a focus blast from gengar and have it only do 40%, however porygon is here for a few main reasons first off to combat tornadus therian. Wall chandelure and heatran who gives this core hell otherwise. To wall the hell out of jolteon so my team isnt destroyed by voltturn. Porygon2 also has access to reliable recovery in the form of recover unlike weezing allowing it to combat any special attacker such as shaymin or latios. Next off theres toxic to hit pokemon like snorlax chansey and finally politoed and cripple them for the rest of the match bar they run rest. Next off is ice beam to help porygon2 aid weezing in its quest to combat salamence and draognite incase weezing goes down. Discharge is there to hit kingdra and potentially paralyze it so i can take care of it easier and to hit slowbro as well as other water types hard.
    Last edited by Usatoday; 19th November 2012 at 2:44 AM.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Beat Rhonder 2-1-1 In the tour. Honestly his luck was horrible, can't say how much of it mattered. But I would have to think some of it did.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Tournament Update

Well, everyone's got their 1st round matches done which is pretty damn impressive. All the 2nd round matchups are now doable, with one completed:
    McDanger vs. Spiderman123
    Blues vs. Sietse
    MagicMonkey vs. Eaglehawk
    Kody vs. Soperman
    Prohawk vs. Avicii
    Tormented vs. Jr Breshears
    Gigaboost/Oxime vs. Thegame88/Shepard's High

Losers bracket matches with 1 exception (that has been completed already) will only be up after Round 2 progresses. Match predictions are now available at http://cgtournament.challonge.com/ou1 , gl everyone for the 2nd round

Ceci n'est pas une Meloetta. Credit to JhenMohran for the banner, and prohawk for the userbars.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    Beat Rhonder 2-1-1 In the tour. Honestly his luck was horrible, can't say how much of it mattered. But I would have to think some of it did.
    Yes, I'd like to think that some of it did, but there's really no way to say. Just gotta do work in the loser's bracket now I suppose. I guess all there is to do now is hope I play well enough to have a rematch at some point xD
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Methinks Citrine is a better choice. We're doing pretty good on members for now
    That's not really up to you to decide
    But hey, I won't say no! Welcome to Citrine, Tithi!
    Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    Hey all!

@Soper, Crotine sounds fine by me
    Brilliant. That's not even close to Citrine

Anyway, @ USA the core looks pretty good. Weaknesses are all covered...
    You'll probably want a sweeper on the team with all of those slow, bulky pokemon.
    And finally, I'll try to see when I can go against Kody.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Page 316 of 421 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast