Page 317 of 421 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

@Synergy Time: Like Soper said, it needs a sweeper. Preferably setup *coolface* But it's rounded out very well. P2 and Weezing's weaknesses are both immunized by Spiritomb, so bonus.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Weeing is actually a decent Genesect counter. It will at least force a U-turn that will cause almost no damage.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    Weeing is actually a decent Genesect counter. It will at least force a U-turn that will cause almost no damage.
    Gotta worry about its Special attacks, though...especially considering that Genesect will get an SAtk boost from Download if it switches into Weezing.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Gotta worry about its Special attacks, though...especially considering that Genesect will get an SAtk boost from Download if it switches into Weezing.
    Yea, you just gotta keep your Weezing at over 70% health

252 +1 SpAtk Genesect Flamethrower vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Weezing: 58.98% - 69.46% (2 hits to KO)

And with rocks up Weezing will always OHKO in return

0 SpAtk Weezing Flamethrower vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Genesect: 87.63% - 104.59% (Guaranteed OHKO)

Unless Gene is running 4HP EVs for some reason, in which case it becomes

0 SpAtk Weezing Flamethrower vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Genesect: 87.32% - 104.23% (93.75% chance to OHKO)

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    BOTD
    Synergy Time
    Carbon Monoxide

Weezing @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Satk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    Clear Smog/Haze
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Pain Split
    Fire Blast/Will O Wisp
    Say hello to tonight's MVP Weezing now weezing has a unique niche in OU even though i hate to admit it, it really does do rather well as it can sponge hits from pokemon such as lucario as well as come in to utterly annihilate ferrothorn and scizor with a fire attack which it quaintly learns, So first off we have either your choice of haze or clear smog both of which remove all status changes such as a dragon dance from dragonite or salamence or to remove a swords dance from threats such as gliscor or lucario. However you must choose wisely as clear smog while getting a stab making it a base 75 power move must also consider it is in itself a poison type attacks and will not affect steels like lucario and scizor where as haze will allow you to remove these boosts from lucario and other steel types. Hidden power ice helps to nail gliscor and dragonite as they attempt to set up weezing with either dragon dance or swords dance. Pain split is unfortunately the only recovery move it can utilize outside of leech seed and wish support. Finally there's fire blast versus will o wisp one of which will completely cripple a physical attacker such as ferrothorn or salamence preventing you from getting swept. However one could opt to go with fire blast to demolish lucario scizor and ferrothorn.

etc
    USA, the synergy of this core is really, well, confusing - I understand that there's an advantage to it in that you have immunities to 5 types (being normal, ghost, psychic, fighting and ground) but besides this in the entire core you only have three resistances (poison, grass, and bug, all provided by weezing). You have nothing to resist ridiculously common types like water, dragon, ice, electric or fire.

Anyway, because people also wanted a chomp-based core, here's a mixed one for you guys:

Garchomp @ Lum Berry/Yache Berry
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

This is by far my favourite chomp set due to the raw power it accrues and its ability to absolutely destroy unprepared teams. The dual stab of EQ and Outrage is resisted only by bronzong and skarm, though the set can also be combated with prediction by flying types, which bait the outrage and then can switch to a steel type to whittle down the trapped chomp. The set is ludicrously simple - setup a sub on the switch out from a threatened poke (or even a wall inb4 status), SD if you're faster and proceed to wreak havoc with the virtually unresisted dual stab. Chomp's exceptional defenses for a sweeper means that its sub can often survive uninvested neutral attacks, and +2 outrage 2hkos pokemon such as standard gliscor even taking into account poison heal and one turn of protect. This does mean in all possibility becoming confused before KOing walls such as gliscor, hence the lum berry which combined with sd gives chomp enormous wallbreaking power. Chomp will survive a Mamoswine's adamant ice shard from full health even without yache but not if it has subbed, hence it is always necessary to play around Mamoswine carefully. Ferrothorn, the bane of most dragons, is made setup fodder to no small extent with a +4 EQ (or 2 +2 EQs) KOing the ferrothorn.

Rotom-w @ leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (-Atk, +SDef)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Volt Switch
    The list of defensive answers to a chomp behind a sub are very limited - these are skarm, zong, gliscor (to an extent), and crucially, ice shard users such as mamoswine and donphan. This set was designed to directly threaten all of these besides the incredibly rare zong while gaining momentum - skarm and any other flying types are obviously threatened by volt switch and ground types that may switch in are a) demolished by a hydro pump and b) susceptible to the willowisp. Mamo even carrying superpower and donphan are rendered useless, and with a defensive spread rotom can switch into ice shards all day and proceed to willowisp and recover quite reliably due to it's minimal HP. The same applies to gliscors - though they are a dubious counter to chomp they can only toxic rotom. Hence at this point all that really has a chance of going against these two pokes are bronzong and (in the case of a bad situation) dragon pokes that outspeed chomp. Hence the last poke must counter both of these.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
    trait: Flame body
    Modest nature (+Satk, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Satk / 4 Spe
    - Hidden Power [Ice]/Dragon Pulse
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth power
    Heatran is really the most obvious poke to deal with the counters to chomp. In an emergency, heatran is required to switch into dragon moves that threaten it, and retaliate after living the EQ with the shuca berry (heatran will, for example, always live a dragon claw followed by an EQ by any dragon including chomp). The only moves really necessary here are HP ice (to hit dragons) and fire blast (to hit ferro, zong). Earth power is to deal with opposing heatrans (though, of course, they are demolished by chomp and rotom-w) and stealth rocks are always handy to have. The choice of flame body is obvious - not only does every pokemon in the core resist fire, but heatran can also bluff the flash fire and the chance of flame body hax with a poke locked into outrage/dragon claw is extremely significant.
    Last edited by gigaboost; 21st October 2012 at 7:04 AM.

Ceci n'est pas une Meloetta. Credit to JhenMohran for the banner, and prohawk for the userbars.

Beat giga 5-0 for the FFPL
    Last edited by Eliteknight; 21st October 2012 at 6:56 AM.

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by eliteknight View Post
    Beat giga 5-0 for the FFPL
    Confirmed - got swept. Never gonna play NU after this

Ceci n'est pas une Meloetta. Credit to JhenMohran for the banner, and prohawk for the userbars.

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    Weezing/Garchomp.
    Chomp is epic in/out of competitive. I use him on my SS main team.
    He is the best thing on the team of about thirty-three (rotating)
    I use a gabite on my HG team, but he is close to evolving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    That's not really up to you to decide
    But hey, I won't say no! Welcome to Citrine, Tithi!

Brilliant. That's not even close to Citrine

Anyway, @ USA the core looks pretty good. Weaknesses are all covered...
    You'll probably want a sweeper on the team with all of those slow, bulky pokemon.
    And finally, I'll try to see when I can go against Kody.
    Prohawk knows more about amethyst than I do sometimes. If he says something its damn close to what I would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaboost View Post
    USA, the synergy of this core is really, well, confusing - I understand that there's an advantage to it in that you have immunities to 5 types (being normal, ghost, psychic, fighting and ground) but besides this in the entire core you only have three resistances (poison, grass, and bug, all provided by weezing). You have nothing to resist ridiculously common types like water, dragon, ice, electric or fire.

Anyway, because people also wanted a chomp-based core, here's a mixed one for you guys:

Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

This is by far my favourite chomp set due to the raw power it accrues and its ability to absolutely destroy unprepared teams. The dual stab of EQ and Outrage is resisted only by bronzong and skarm, though the set can also be combated with prediction by flying types, which bait the outrage and then can switch to a steel type to whittle down the trapped chomp. The set is ludicrously simple - setup a sub on the switch out from a threatened poke (or even a wall inb4 status), SD if you're faster and proceed to wreak havoc with the virtually unresisted dual stab. Chomp's exceptional defenses for a sweeper means that its sub can often survive uninvested neutral attacks, and +2 outrage 2hkos pokemon such as standard gliscor even taking into account poison heal and one turn of protect. This does mean in all possibility becoming confused before KOing walls such as gliscor, hence the lum berry which combined with sd gives chomp enormous wallbreaking power. Chomp will survive a Mamoswine's adamant ice shard from full health even without yache but not if it has subbed, hence it is always necessary to play around Mamoswine carefully. Ferrothorn, the bane of most dragons, is made setup fodder to no small extent with a +4 EQ (or 2 +2 EQs) KOing the ferrothorn.

Rotom-w @ leftovers
    - Hydro Pump
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Volt Switch
    The list of defensive answers to a chomp behind a sub are very limited - these are skarm, zong, gliscor (to an extent), and crucially, ice shard users such as mamoswine and donphan. This set was designed to directly threaten all of these besides the incredibly rare zong while gaining momentum - skarm and any other flying types are obviously threatened by volt switch and ground types that may switch in are a) demolished by a hydro pump and b) susceptible to the willowisp. Mamo even carrying superpower and donphan are rendered useless, and with a defensive spread rotom can switch into ice shards all day and proceed to willowisp and recover quite reliably due to it's minimal HP. The same applies to gliscors - though they are a dubious counter to chomp they can only toxic rotom. Hence at this point all that really has a chance of going against these two pokes are bronzong and (in the case of a bad situation) dragon pokes that outspeed chomp. Hence the last poke must counter both of these.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth power
    Heatran is really the most obvious poke to deal with the counters to chomp. In an emergency, heatran is required to switch into dragon moves that threaten it, and retaliate after living the EQ with the shuca berry (heatran will, for example, always live a dragon claw followed by an EQ by any dragon including chomp). The only moves really necessary here are HP ice (to hit dragons) and fire blast (to hit ferro, zong). Earth power is to deal with opposing heatrans (though, of course, they are demolished by chomp and rotom-w) and stealth rocks are always handy to have. The choice of flame body is obvious - not only does every pokemon in the core resist fire, but heatran can also bluff the flash fire and the chance of flame body hax with a poke locked into outrage/dragon claw is extremely significant.
    I always enjoyed flame body heatran, however it does open you up to sun teams, as heatran goes from their biggest counter to just another steel, albeit fire neutral. Fire blasts will hurt and if you switch in on any fire move, the games up.

Also fore entertainment if anyone can post a prediction of the match ups for this round that is 100% right before any more matches are done, they will win 50 RP! however if multiple people bet on the same results the reward will be shared, not 50 each.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Your House: Zircon
    Opponent's House: Amethyst
    Opponent's Name: Jazz Hands
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: win 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50:
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50:
    Any improvements for opponent: nope
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: crit killed one of my key mons but it happens and his will o wisps on my aromatherapy blissey kept missing

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

Quote Originally Posted by gigaboost View Post

Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

Rotom-w @ leftovers
    - Hydro Pump
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Volt Switch

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth power
    bluntly, this core is weak to infernape, terra, lucario, keldeo, breloom, landorus

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    Also fore entertainment if anyone can post a prediction of the match ups for this round that is 100% right before any more matches are done, they will win 50 RP! however if multiple people bet on the same results the reward will be shared, not 50 each.
    McDanger vs. Spiderman123
    Blues vs. Sietse
    MagicMonkey vs. Eaglehawk
    Kody vs. Soperman
    Prohawk vs. Avicii
    Tormented vs. Jr Breshears
    Gigaboost/Oxime vs. Thegame88/Shepard's High

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    bluntly, this core is weak to infernape, terra, lucario, keldeo, breloom, landorus
    Chuck in a Cress and you're good to go

Quote Originally Posted by Tormented View Post
    McDanger vs. Spiderman123
    Blues vs. Sietse
    MagicMonkey vs. Eaglehawk
    Kody vs. Soperman
    Prohawk vs. Avicii
    Tormented vs. Jr Breshears
    Gigaboost/Oxime vs. Thegame88/Shepard's High
    Does this mean if your match is last and all your other predictions come true, you'll throw the match. That's not very competitive Torm =D

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Chuck in a Cress and you're good to go

Does this mean if your match is last and all your other predictions come true, you'll throw the match. That's not very competitive Torm =D
    there is a bigger prize for winning overall you must consider.

yes but torm could throw his match and win all the games in the losers bracker thus winning 300 rp

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman123 View Post
    yes but torm could throw his match and win all the games in the losers bracker thus winning 300 rp
    Sounds like a good plan.

Sounds like a good plan.
    Don't forget, with each round, the level of the losers bracket goes up, because the players that win previous rounds get stuck in there too.

Since I beat prohawk for the TMP yesterday, and shep today, does that mean I get 4 RP (2 for each on)?
    4 ore points til being a commander

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    Since I beat prohawk for the TMP yesterday, and shep today, does that mean I get 4 RP (2 for each on)?
    4 ore points til being a commander
    It's HoF points you get, not RP

Oh...
    Ah well, four more hall of fame points till I'm in there

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Weeding can't do anything to Genesect in rain . Also, the core seems nice on paper, but there is nothing that can take a choice specs Politoed Hydro Pump, or even outspeed Politoed, so Pory can't switch in, never mind other rain attackers like Keldeo or Rotom-W. That can be fixed with good team support, so I'm not really worried about that. The bigger problem is that you have a good walling core that can't really do much. Weezing walls Terrakion, but what can it do to the Latios that switches in? None of them can set up hazards. I maintain that if Weezing got spikes, it would be UU at the least.

EDIT: predictions:
    Prohawk, -- wouldn't be surprised to see an upset here tho
    Giga,
    Magic,
    McDanger
    Kody
    Sieste
    Tormented

All win
    Last edited by superstar; 21st October 2012 at 5:36 PM.

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Predictions:

Sietse › Blues
    Torm › Jr
    Giga > Sheps
    Magic ⇒ Eaglehawk
    Prohawk ⇒ Avicii
    Kody > Soper
    Danger > Spidey
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    EDIT: predictions:
    Prohawk, -- wouldn't be surprised to see an upset here tho
    Giga,
    Magic,
    McDanger
    Kody
    Sieste
    Tormented

All win
    I voted Pro to win, because if he loses, I have to face him...
    And my predictions:
    Prohawk
    Magic
    McDanger
    Kody
    Blues
    Tormented
    Yup, same as superstar's but for Sietse VS Blues
    Last edited by Jazz™; 21st October 2012 at 6:06 PM.

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Beat jr in gigas tour 2-1 gg.

therefore meaning your own bet is lost. good on you.

Fun matches

*Credit Goes To Sworn Metalhead*

Page 317 of 421 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast