Page 321 of 421 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

no offense but do you guys do anything but ***** -__-
    besides the most potentially broken pokemon atm is genesect as heatran is his only 100% counter, even then they sometimes run hp ground
    and heres how you counter rachi
    1) bulky wall
    2)speed sweeper
    3)ground/ghost type
    its not that hard

Hey all, I'm back!

As usual, there's a few things:

1) Mundane Stuff

Welcome (back) to the new Emerald members, Typhoon, Pheonix and Prankstar, I'll gladly accept you all into Emerald, but I shall close the doors of the Emerald Citadel for a while. Perhaps we should point new members in the direction of Johto?

2) FRPL

Ok, so Season 1 of the FRPL has now ended and I will be putting up the final results tomorrow (probably). I may even be able to get the fancy excel print-screen to work... Rewards etc will be given out asap after that.

3) Mission

So now that I back, the Mission is underway again. Note that I'm only back fairly briefly, I'll be going away a week on Tuesday, or possibly Wednesday, and will then be away for the rest of the week. However, during this time, Jhen will be taking care of the Mission, so all moves should be send to him. He's still in contact with me, so all outcomes will be as they were. Don't expect any narratives as well.

4) Halloween/Birthday Event!

-This will be going up in the Events section, with possibly more details-

This event wuill run from 12:00AM on the 30th October until 11:50PM on 31st October. Note that all times are GMT. NOT, GMT-1, as the time here will have changed by then.

Ok, so on the 30th and 31st of this month, we not only celebrate Halloween, but also the birthdays of two of our leaders, Magicmonkey and TMS! Although this will be a joyous time, with much jubilation and sugary-food eating, one question will haunt us all:

WHO IS BETTER? MAGIC, OR TMS?

A certain bald, glasses-wearing comedian would tell you that there's only one way to find out, and that that way would be to fight. Or, rather, FIIIIGHHHT! And, well, that's exactly what we're going to do.

So, by the time I leave next, two teams will have formed: Team Magic and Team TMS. These two teams will do battle over the course of the 30th and the 31st, to finally answer that pressing question. Who is better?

So, instead of arguing, pledge your alliance here in the thread, or to me via PM or VM!

So how does it work, exactly?

Well, good question. Fortunately, it's one that's quite simply answered. Over the course of the two days, if one member of one team beats a member of the other team in a battle, that person will gain a point for their team. Point gaining is very simple. One win, one point. There's just one twist on point-earning, for every 5 battles a certain person wins for their team, they earn an extra two points. Simples.

There's just one restriction on teams though... We can't forget, of course, that it's Halloween, so your teams can ONLY be made up of Pokemon of the Ghost, Dark or Psychic type (double types, such as Gallade, are allowed, so long as one of their types is one of the three). In addition though, before the two days start, each team will have mutually decided on another type. On one of the days, this type is added to the list of usable types, for both teams. So, two days mean that each team gets one day with its type allowed.

A few more things to consider:

• During the event, you should all change your PO names to something like "[CG - Magic](Your name)" or simply "[TeamTMS](your name)" so it is obvious what team you are on and obvious that you're up for Event Battles.
    • Yes, you DO gain normal RP from these battles, in addition to a point for your team
    • All battles corresponding to this event must have the words "Halloween Event" or "Magic vs TMS" event, or something of that ilk, in the 'Extra Info' field of the battle form. Make it fairly obvious, or it may be missed.
    • Similarly, normal clan battles that do not effect this event are allowed during this time. In this case, simply battle as you would.
    • Battles may be in any tier, although, as normal OU is the default tier, so you must agree with your opponent before commencing a battle of a different type
    • Similarly, the rules for Smogon OU and other rules as dictated by the clan are in affect for these battles, unless you and your opponent mutually decide otherwise
    • As I've said, I will be away for the duration of the event, hence Jhen is the Event-Master for the Event. So, whilst you can ask me questions up to the time about this, any queriers during the event must go to Jhen

Is there any rewards?

Rewards? Of course! Yep, every member on the winning team will gain an amount of RP as dictated by the following formula:

RP = 100 + 3(number of people on opposing team - number of people on your team)

So, say your team, of 10 members, won against a team of 9 members, you'd all gain:

100 + 3(10-9)
    100 + 3(-1)
    100 - 3
    107 RP! (nice maths lesson for you all there)

So, as you can see, there's a healthy amount of RP up for grabs, but if you all pile into one team and win, you won't get much in the way of rewards.

Note also that there may be additional rewards for individually participants, who may be on the losing team. Such rewards are, as of yet, undecided. Depending on how the event goes, this RP reward may change. You'll be glad to know that it's far more likely to go up than down.

-Art for the event to follow-
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    besides the most potentially broken pokemon atm is genesect as heatran is his only 100% counter, even then they sometimes run hp ground
    1) bulky wall
    2)speed sweeper
    3)ground/ghost type
    its not that hard
    If scarf, switchin' if Rock Polish; Special wall with Roar o something or counter attack/mirror coat

Oh, and my above post and it's corresponding Event Post will have a fair few mistakes. I need to go soon and my download speed is still terrible, so it'll take ages to fix. I'll try to get that done tomorrow.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Clears throat as I've known magic longer if I am wanted he may have me sorry tms

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

well i'll go tms as my division leader

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

I dunno where my matties go, but I guess I'll go there, too.

Cool :3 I think I'll go for... Team Magic 8D I've known him since the very beginning and he's always been pretty chill~ xD Sorry Aeon! You're cool too ;D
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

i really dont want to participate

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    1) bulky wall
    2)speed sweeper
    3)ground/ghost type
    its not that hard
    I spend my time laddering. Latest score is a testament to predicting. One game was one because keeping unscarfed nape in on LO tornadus in rain and fire blasting a ferrothorn that u turned in, knowing U turn would drop me into blaze range and he expectd a latios to come in. and then bam. No ferrothorn, latios wins. The next game was a matter of starmie/chansey/skarm vs starmie/scizor/laitos/infernape. Just had to land a U turn, on starmie expecting a FB, then drop a double switch so its skarm vs nape, starmie is on too low live off a U turn (twas bulky w/ recover) drop the fire blast then the CC on chansey, no predicts, gg no re.
    (01:20:08) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 54/106049 [1528 points / 281 battles]
    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Clears throat as I've known magic longer if I am wanted he may have me sorry tms
    Its not a matter of want as support. I'l take anyone who thinks I am the more witty, intelligent, sexy and charismatic of the pairing.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Team Magic as it's my leader :0

No one day long -.- no love for my birthday -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    Team Magic as it's my leader :0

No one day long -.- no love for my birthday -.-
    You can has cookies

Also there will be an event following this halloween, very close to the event indeed. It involves guy fawkes and users of the moves nasty plot and explosion.....
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Only if chocolate chip cookies...

I think we will be seeing lots of Dark this Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    I spend my time laddering. Latest score is a testament to predicting. One game was one because keeping unscarfed nape in on LO tornadus in rain and fire blasting a ferrothorn that u turned in, knowing U turn would drop me into blaze range and he expectd a latios to come in. and then bam. No ferrothorn, latios wins. The next game was a matter of starmie/chansey/skarm vs starmie/scizor/laitos/infernape. Just had to land a U turn, on starmie expecting a FB, then drop a double switch so its skarm vs nape, starmie is on too low live off a U turn (twas bulky w/ recover) drop the fire blast then the CC on chansey, no predicts, gg no re.
    (01:20:08) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 54/106049 [1528 points / 281 battles]

Its not a matter of want as support. I'l take anyone who thinks I am the more witty, intelligent, sexy and charismatic of the pairing.
    Then how are you ever going to get any team members? And do Magic and I count as team members or no?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Then how are you ever going to get any team members? And do Magic and I count as team members or no?
    Ne, bossman pick me, pick me :P
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Okay, so I got spidey and lode. looking hot. lots happens when you leave for dinner.

100 + 3(10-9)
    100 + 3(-1)
    100 - 3
    107 RP! (nice maths lesson for you all there)
    This is quite possibly the worst math I have ever seen

10-9 is 1 not -1
    100-3 is 97 not 107

zzz

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    This is quite possibly the worst math I have ever seen

10-9 is 1 not -1
    100-3 is 97 not 107

zzz
    LOL I was kinda thinking that but decided not to say anything... /is sitting in math class atm LOL
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

-_- prohawk, why you fail?

100 + 3(10-9) = 100 + 3 = 103

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    -_- prohawk, why you fail?

100 + 3(10-9) = 100 + 3 = 103
    I was quoting Psychos mistakes...

Oh, Kody also joined my team.

Oh wait, nvm, I know what you mean...
    If you posted already /late /3ds
    If not /srryfordoublepostingandnospaces

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    You can has cookies

Also there will be an event following this halloween, very close to the event indeed. It involves guy fawkes and users of the moves nasty plot and explosion.....
    Going on Team Magic, cause he is my leader...and also I want cookies too.

Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

Pledging my allegiance to The Mysterious Stranger, Aeon, Vanquisher of Dragonites. LET US DO BATTLE

Screw all you cookies, but I'm joining Team D-Bray Nation

team TMS for me
    Last edited by Eaglehawk; 22nd October 2012 at 11:42 PM.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Page 321 of 421 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371 ... LastLast