Page 326 of 421 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376 ... LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

@ the grounding discussion my mother grounded me once when i was seven for playing a GBA game and i didn't have time to save and was 2 minutes past the time to go and had to wait another 10 for the bus -_- she took my Gameboy SP away for a week ;_; but i always manage straight a's although it is annoying when they use a scale of anything below a 92 is not an a :-:

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Sooo, lets talk about Muk,
    Decent Hp, Atk and SpD
    Decent movepool...
    What do you guys think about it?
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    Decent Hp, Atk and SpD
    Decent movepool...
    Its SOOOO SLIMY!!! But on a serious note it's really good I think. It has a STAB Sludge Bomb and Poison Jab that could really hurt your opp. Also it could be a threat with an +2 from SD.

Spoiler:- Badges and Other:

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

^I don't think he learns SD, but I like to use Sub, Focus Pawch, Shadow Sneak and Toxic,
    image file size too large, removed - mod

^I don't think he learns SD, but I like to use Sub, Focus Pawch, Shadow Sneak and Toxic,
    Whoops I thought it did but I just checked so I guess I was talking about something else but your set seems really good.

Spoiler:- Badges and Other:

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

Decent Hp, Atk and SpD
    Decent movepool...
    I think he's gross looking .__. for battling talk, I dunno, I just can't think of a situation where I'd want to use something like that. In OU, I'd use something like Conkeldurr over it (still good bulk, better priority move + STAB, and a more offensive typing) or in NU... well I don't know since I don't play that. I'd probably use Garbador though. None of its stats are as good, but they're more balanced, and he gets those nice spikes/toxic spikes.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    I think he's gross looking .__. for battling talk, I dunno, I just can't think of a situation where I'd want to use something like that. In OU, I'd use something like Conkeldurr over it (still good bulk, better priority move + STAB, and a more offensive typing) or in NU... well I don't know since I don't play that. I'd probably use Garbador though. None of its stats are as good, but they're more balanced, and he gets those nice spikes/toxic spikes.
    Its actually the perfect amoonguss and tangela counter as they dont like gunk shot with stab

Battle of the Day
    anyways say hello to the team that turns nice people mean >:] its the final version of the sandstall that has been in the last two battles of the day also i've given you the import below try it out. P.S. Magic Gyarados works so much better than slowking

Spoiler:- Import:

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post

Its actually the perfect amoonguss and tangela counter as they dont like gunk shot with stab

Battle of the Day
    anyways say hello to the team that turns nice people mean >:] its the final version of the sandstall that has been in the last two battles of the day also i've given you the import below try it out. P.S. Magic Gyarados works so much better than slowking

I wouldn't say perfect since Amoongus can put Muk to sleep and render it useless. That said, Amoongus can't touch Muk in return

Not sure what the SpAtk EVs are doing on Gyara. They serve literally no purpose. You could however run Scald over Waterfall. I know Scald on a Gyara sounds stupid but it actually works amazingly (and annoyingly) well. I'm not too sure how much sand helps your team either. I know Ttar is important for trapping the ever present Lati@s, but other then that, half of your team takes sand damage, and 2 of them don't even have lefties to negate it which wears them down pretty quickly. Passive damage is not what you want on a stall team

Battle of the Day

Oh yeah, I suppose that's true. I never run into either of those though, so they haven't been an issue for me yet xD
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Hi all, i just thought in joining CG, and my head said yes...so here it is

Forum Name: Kylo
    PO Name*: R3CALL now; [CG]Kylo, if u give permission
    5th Gen Friend Code(s): .....i dunno now
    Timezone (in GMT)***: +1 or +0 GMT...i dunno now
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Touraline, Zircon, Emerald, Anethyst, Citrine....i decided 2 choose randomly, i just wanna be here
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 5....6 is too good for me...
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: Ex-Member of BA,PR and Drac
    Not a great battler, same story as ever :P
    I play 5th Gen NU,OU and Ubers imo
    AND....sry if i offended anyone b4.
    Accepted into Tourmaline. They haven't gotten anyone in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    ^Prohawk, that would be if the opposing team had 20 members, and the other team (the one that won) had zero.

Anyway, the Emerald post is all updated but, even more exciting than that, is the Final Results for the FRPL, Season 1. This should all be up on the main FRPL post, unless my internet has failed again...

Anyway, the results:

aaaaaaaaaaand MOSSDEEPTAKESITAALLLLLLLL
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    My parents tried grounding me years ago. I simply decided to not go out of the house, and spend my time on consoles. They then said "stop watsing your time on computers and such and go to the park". Last grounding I ever got.
    Clearly, your parents do the nice grounding. For me, grounding means no electronics, no friends. Just homework. Or reading, which is nice.
    Decent Hp, Atk and SpD
    Decent movepool...
    Decent movepool? HA!
    It's move-pool is as horrendous as it gets. It has a ton of Special moves, but it has a really bad Sp. Atk stat. Even with BW2 move tutors, all it gets are the elemental punches. Even its stats are sub-par.
    It has nothing to make it stick out, both as a bulky physical attacker and as a poison type.

Oh yeah, quick announcement: From now on, I will be posting the most recent POTW and the last three cores made by USA on the main Citrine post. I will also try to have his USA's tutorial there too. I'll update in a bit.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Decent Hp, Atk and SpD
    Decent movepool...
    *smacks*
    he has no business in OU, he has terrabad speed, easy to set up on, plus, poisons a lack-luster type, super effective against grass only which pure grass is never in OU, only breloom and virizon(who is overshadowed by the breloom) are decently threatened by him, who can put him to sleep. FInally, he only walls fighting, who carry a coverage move that beat him ex. terra with earthquake, keldeo with hydro pump, etc.

No one uses EQ on Terra...

But in other news, I may have said the quote of the week. First tourney match against Prohawk:

Superstar: Yeah that's gg unless you crit in the next 5 turns (really more like 3 I just needed one more Calm Mind and he was doing 25% to me)

Espeon used Morning Sun! Espeon restored health!

Genesect used Flamethrower! A critical hit
    Espeon lost 37% of its health! Espeon fainted!

FUUUUUUUUUU

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    No one uses EQ on Terra...

But in other news, I may have said the quote of the week. First tourney match against Prohawk:

Superstar: Yeah that's gg unless you crit in the next 5 turns (really more like 3 I just needed one more Calm Mind and he was doing 25% to me)

Espeon used Morning Sun! Espeon restored health!

Genesect used Flamethrower! A critical hit
    Espeon lost 37% of its health! Espeon fainted!

FUUUUUUUUUU
    That was comical timing to say the least haha. But with all the offensive pressure I kept on you, I was bound to crit sooner or later. Still, I loled =]

kjbnvdfijonvodfv
    Last edited by Eliteknight; 31st December 2012 at 2:30 AM. Reason: messing around on an old post

Sorry about that hawk gyara was originally a slowking so I forgot to change the evs on it it's max HP max def and ttar is just a weather disrupter

|||||||
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    *smacks*
    he has no business in OU, he has terrabad speed, easy to set up on, plus, poisons a lack-luster type, super effective against grass only which pure grass is never in OU, only breloom and virizon(who is overshadowed by the breloom) are decently threatened by him, who can put him to sleep. FInally, he only walls fighting, who carry a coverage move that beat him ex. terra with earthquake, keldeo with hydro pump, etc.
    The problem with it is that all it's strengths are too "decent". There is really no special reason to use it in OU, since it doesn't have one ability that's exceedingly good.

However, it may have some use in lower tiers. I'm not quite sure, though, but it probably does.

Sorry about that hawk gyara was originally a slowking so I forgot to change the evs on it it's max HP max def and ttar is just a weather disrupter
    Ah ok, that makes sense. I think that Rain would probably fit better, as avoiding that passive damage can be the difference between winning and losing. I get that on a stally team you're going to be recovering a lot, but the extra damage is probably avoidable methinks. Then again, maybe it works for you

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    However, it may have some use in lower tiers. I'm not quite sure, though, but it probably does.
    Even then, most physical pokemon outclass him, both stat- and movepool-wise. His ability stinks, his stats are decent at best, and his move-pool can be used by almost every other physical pokemon. Plus, his typing stinks.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Ah ok, that makes sense. I think that Rain would probably fit better, as avoiding that passive damage can be the difference between winning and losing. I get that on a stally team you're going to be recovering a lot, but the extra damage is probably avoidable methinks. Then again, maybe it works for you
    I might go for sun, as specs rain spam teams are pretty common, more so than sun. plus ninetales has 4 status moves available IIRC, that could betrolly.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Heh I should win some sort of award for this...

Hmm, I've been using Weavile lately and he just kicks sooo much booty. An amazing speed stat, and a Duel Stab which is perfect for the speed - a lot of todays speedy threats are really weak to Ice/Dark - Starmie, Genger, Tornadus-T, Lati@s, Chomp, Landy etc etc
    Weavile is one of the most annoying things I could ever encounter...especially on the team from early PR. That team just could not handle Vile. Not even sashed gengar could realiably take it out...But!
    Scizor who remains a top dog in OU, along with luke and ES users, can KO Vile..the difficult part is playing your team in such a way that you have a chance to beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    Wooo Go Ecruteak !

Lol. I have POWER!!!!!

But yeah, any questions then pm me

kk but if this is just because you cant decide who you want to participate with then it doesnt matter because its all in good fun .. and i doubt that any of the comments said will be taken seriously. Though plz do be "responsible" about the level of "taunting" etc.

IMO we shouldnt have bug as then stuff like forre and scizor etc would be opened up and they arent that halloweeny
    poison on the other hand could be used

sawsbuck: Not enough people use its awesome sweeping sun powers. and then it also pretty awesome without sun ! After lots of testing the only actual counter (plz dont attack me on this point, im only adding stuff to debate) is chloro venusaur
    4 things:

1. You lack the Moxie AND the power.
    2.It matters, because Team Magic has Gengar on their userbar. Nuff' said. (I have officially added it to the spoiler in my sig btw )
    3.Misty disagrees with you. Bugs should be allowed.
    4.Sawsbuck is often seen in sun teams. Like a lot. He is pretty deady with horn leach and return...plus secret power which = EQ and HP ice...its insane and will eat your team if you dont have mamo/vile to shard its stinking teeth in.
    Yea, Keldeo trolls all over it zzz

Also Conk is probably bulky enough to handle Sawsbuck??
    He can tank OR he can Mach FALCOOOHH,...PAAAAWNCH it out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman123 View Post
    slowbro in ou = happy days,
    Slowbro does well to tank physical pokemon, but even the amonbro core gets wrecked by tornadus in rain. Also, Thunderus T + Tornadus T are often used together which can wear down your amoonbro core. Add in a mamo and your core can be further decimated with EQ's and Icicle Crash..What I've seen that works especially well with amoonbro is bulky bronzong...It has tons of bulk and some nice imunities to troll mamoswine. I believe it also gets recover and or pain split...not sure but Im fairly certain that it has some recovery move aside from rest.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    Honestly, there is almost no reason to use Arcanine over Darmanitan. They have the same speed stat, but Darmanitan has Sheer Force. My damage calculator is down, (WHICH IS A BIG DEAL) but I assure you that it 2HKOs Jellicent, Tentacruel, Latias, Gliscor and Dragonite, plus maybe Slowbro with Sheer Force Flare Blitz in Sun. It also has Earthquake, and U-TURN, which is huge (U-Turn easily does 60% to Ttar and takes a ton off of Toed). Hell, it can 2HKO offensive Rotom-W with Fire Punch in the sun.

Darmanitan @Choice Scarf
    252 Att/ 252 Spd, Adamant/Jolly, Sheer Force
    -Flare Blitz
    -Fire Punch/Superpower
    -U-turn
    -Earthquake

So I looked at the Pokemon that do not receive enough usage to be OU (included BLs, which after all are used just as little as UU pokes), and here is the Superstar ranking of the top 10 usefulness in OU:
    1- Ditto
    Got a weakness to boosting sweepers? Need SR? Have a weakness to Dragonite, Heatran, or Tornadus-T? Ditto can revenge kill all these threats and provide a ton of roles on the team. Honestly, I hope it stays in NU, because it's great in every tier its allowed in.

2-Deoxys-D
    How is this BL? Everyone knows who it is and what it does.

3- Hydregion
    Yeah, it's slow. Yeah, it's tough to get in. But once it is in, something is going to die. Hydregion can 2HKO every single Pokemon in the game bar Lugia and Physically Defensive Steel Arceus in Rain with a set of Life Orb, Superpower, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, and Earthquake -- and they aren't in OU, are they? Honestly, if it weren't for Genesect, Hydregion would easily be OU.

4- Wobbuffett
    Everyone knows who Wobbefett is and what he does. Revenges with 100% reliability almost all Choice users. I can't think of a comparable OU example, but in Ubers I would start to sweep with Darkrai. Darkrai would then die to a Choice Scarf user. Wobb takes out the Choice Scarf user, which removes their only Mewtwo check, gg. Stuff like that in OU abounds.

5- Slowbro
    Walling almost all physical threats in the game, including Terrakion? Sounds good to me. Slowbro is a great Pokemon, and honestly if he got SR and Amoonguss got Spikes, stall would suddenly be viable in this metagame.

6- Azumarill
    With rain predominating, Azumarill becomes a great Pokemon who can revenge a large portion of the metagame with STAB Aqua Jet, including all the Therians, Landorus, Volcarona, Terrakion, and Genesect

7- Zapdos
    Zapdos is pretty underrated, serving as a great check to Tornadus-T. Once Lightning Rod is released, I will use him on every rain team I have. STAB Thunder off that SpAtt stat with that bulk is pretty nice too. Unfortunately, Game Freak gave Uno and Tres Hurricane and forgot about Dos. Come on, give number two some love.

8- Victini
    The face of sun offence gets a nod over Darmanitan because he is almost as powerful with V-Create, reaches the all important base 100 speed stat, and still has U-Turn.

9- Stoutland
    He's lean, mean, and fast. By outspeeding everything in Sand and still hitting hard with Choice Band, Stoutland carves a good niche in the OU metagame. His only problem is that he is weak to Mach Punch, and Normal STAB sucks.

10 - Kingdra
    Yeah, he's outclassed by many other Dragons, but he's not weak to Ice Shard and can OHKO Mamoswine. He can survive pretty much any priority attack, in fact. And once rain comes, look out! He all of a sudden became a fast, powerful sweeper immune to revenge killing by the likes of Genesect or Scarf Terrakion.

Just missed the cut: Bronzong, Jolteon, Chansey, Xatu, Toxicroak, Sabelye, Kyurem (outclassed by -B), Roserade, Darmanitan, Amoonguss, Gothitelle, Chandelure, Cofagarius, Feraligatr, Weavile, Aerodactyl, Sawsbuck, Lilligant
    LOL, a lot of work went into this.
    1-I prefer the dog over the other fire thing because of it's access to ES, which helps overcome the lack of speed. ES + Life Orb has a lot of potential in late game sweeping with the fastest priority move and a great attack stat.
    2-Ditto. The main reason I refrain from using ditto is that its predictable, requiring you to outpredict your opponent. Once your opponent sees that you predict their predictions....it becomes a game of chance in picking a move as both of you go into an extensive thinking spree to outpredict each other.
    3-Hydregon should be #1 on your list. Pokemon do not simply switch in to Hydregon and counter it. Its sets can be a little predictable, but it's power is difficult to suppress. This guy should really be OU.
    4-Wobbuffett is a monster, but you can set up on it if your opponent keeps spamming counter/lightscreen against something that is running a non-standard set such as rock polish genetroll or SD Scizor. By non-standard, of course, I mean a set you dont expect right off the back.
    5-Slowbro can now be considered OU as a staple in rain teams similar to victini in sun teams, but slowbro can function well outside of weather, which makes him a more reliable staple.
    6-Stop hitting on my girl. Lodestar is mine. Azumaril is powerfull stuff...I remember in PR I had a difficult time dealing with Volc...and Alex suggested running Azumaril. I got to about 1260 ish on the ladder because people were abusing thunderus and torny which CB Aqua Jet owned in OHKO's due to rain, CB, STAB, and Huge Power.
    7-Zapdos is a nice replacement for torny, but the thunder dog Raikou due to the lack of SR weakness and access to ES. (the lack or SR weakness to me compensates for the lack of recovery)
    8-See #5
    9-See #8
    10-See #9

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Arcanine, in my opinion, isn't that great of a pokemon. It has a great movepool, and great mixed stats, but its speed really holds it back. On a sun team, its really hard for it to find a place on a team since many pokemon can do one role better than it can. Furthermore, he functions a bit similarly to Infernape, with the only difference being that Infernape gets STAB on Close Combat and sits in a very good Speed tier.

Weavile has become minutely more effective this metagame. With Tornadus-T laying eggs on the metagame, Weavile's very high Speed tier gives it some notability. Furthermore, Garchomp and the Therians gives the metagame more a reason to pack Ice moves. I just don't like how Weavile is so frail and weak to everything. Furthermore, Genesect makes Weavile's situation even more unbearable since Weavile can't do much against Genesect while Genesect Bug Buzz or U-Turn all over you.

I feel Slowbro is less effective now for the same reason. The fact that Genesect will almost always carry a move that will Super Effectively KO +1 Slowbro detracts from his overall value in a way.

As for Virizion, I feel that overhype with Tornadus is not indicative as to what it could do. Granted it doesn't have amazing power from the get-go, but it still can get good sweeps in.

Machamp is just still the same old. I was praying for something new and cool, but it still not fitted for this metagame.

Tornadus-I's AcroBat set is so painful to deal with.
    You realize you have access to the fastest priority move which compensates for the lower speed, right? Agreed, Stab CC is pretty handy against a lot of OU mons, but the purpose was to discuss UU pokemon that can fill a niche in OU.

Your have an excellent point with weavile's situation though, scarf genetroll shuts down weavile making it seem nearly useless as genetroll is incredibly common (as much as scizor)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    BL/UU mons in OU, you say? Hmmmm...

Well, aside from the ones mentioned, I used to use Gallade, Azelf, and Omastar ALL the time (to everyone's knowledge). Gallade is good with Bulk Up, but it's outclassed by Conk--save for its typing. Psychic/Fighting resists Fighting/Rock (suck it Terrakion), which is rather common for Fighting types to run. It gets a priority move that's good against its more common weakness in Shadow Sneak, although it does lose power as SS isn't STAB. Azelf is an amazing sweeper, especially in the sun (Flamethrower). If you can get up a Nasty Plot, you can pretty much roflstomp entire teams. Then again, with Genesect dominating today's meta, Azelf has lost its appeal. Omastar is like Cloyster, but it uses Special attacks over Physical ones. You may not be able to run DrizzleSwim with it, but what you can do is give it Weak Armor so it outspeeds Scarf users after a Shell Smash and a Physical attack. It also works well on Sand teams thanks to the Special Defense boost (but I don't know how much that helps).
    Omastar is a cool boss especially with weak armor...rivals cloyster, with the only trade off is reliability vs SPEED. I suppose omastar could work in OU as well as cloyster...
    Gallade is actually a fun thing to try, I did so in PR and got to about 1250 using that as my sweeper.. CC + Shadow sneak is nice neutral coverage + ice punch or zen headbut (ice for gliscor and zen for trolling incoming gengar? Azelf I see less use for as it is a glass cannon, and mainly a lead which gets wrecked by scarfed leads from weather teams and scarfers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    Uhhh, Gengar isn't threatened by anything Sawsbuck throws, neither is Dragonite, or Mence, and if you lack Megahorn neither are the Lati's.

Screw you and your great life. :c
    Gengar CAN wall Sawsbuck, but it cants keep walling forever while firing off focus blasts praying for
    Last edited by BLUES.; 25th October 2012 at 9:10 AM.

Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_007 View Post
    Weavile is one of the most annoying things I could ever encounter...especially on the team from early PR. That team just could not handle Vile. Not even sashed gengar could realiably take it out...But!
    Scizor who remains a top dog in OU, along with luke and ES users, can KO Vile..the difficult part is playing your team in such a way that you have a chance to beat it.

4 things:

1. You lack the Moxie AND the power.
    2.It matters, because Team Magic has Gengar on their userbar. Nuff' said. (I have officially added it to the spoiler in my sig btw )
    3.Misty disagrees with you. Bugs should be allowed.
    4.Sawsbuck is often seen in sun teams. Like a lot. He is pretty deady with horn leach and return...plus secret power which = EQ and HP ice...its insane and will eat your team if you dont have mamo/vile to shard its stinking teeth in.

He can tank OR he can Mach FALCOOOHH,...PAAAAWNCH it out the game.

Slowbro does well to tank physical pokemon, but even the amonbro core gets wrecked by tornadus in rain. Also, Thunderus T + Tornadus T are often used together which can wear down your amoonbro core. Add in a mamo and your core can be further decimated with EQ's and Icicle Crash..What I've seen that works especially well with amoonbro is bulky bronzong...It has tons of bulk and some nice imunities to troll mamoswine. I believe it also gets recover and or pain split...not sure but Im fairly certain that it has some recovery move aside from rest.

LOL, a lot of work went into this.
    1-I prefer the dog over the other fire thing because of it's access to ES, which helps overcome the lack of speed. ES + Life Orb has a lot of potential in late game sweeping with the fastest priority move and a great attack stat.
    2-Ditto. The main reason I refrain from using ditto is that its predictable, requiring you to outpredict your opponent. Once your opponent sees that you predict their predictions....it becomes a game of chance in picking a move as both of you go into an extensive thinking spree to outpredict each other.
    3-Hydregon should be #1 on your list. Pokemon do not simply switch in to Hydregon and counter it. Its sets can be a little predictable, but it's power is difficult to suppress. This guy should really be OU.
    4-Wobbuffett is a monster, but you can set up on it if your opponent keeps spamming counter/lightscreen against something that is running a non-standard set such as rock polish genetroll or SD Scizor. By non-standard, of course, I mean a set you dont expect right off the back.
    5-Slowbro can now be considered OU as a staple in rain teams similar to victini in sun teams, but slowbro can function well outside of weather, which makes him a more reliable staple.
    6-Stop hitting on my girl. Lodestar is mine. Azumaril is powerfull stuff...I remember in PR I had a difficult time dealing with Volc...and Alex suggested running Azumaril. I got to about 1260 ish on the ladder because people were abusing thunderus and torny which CB Aqua Jet owned in OHKO's due to rain, CB, STAB, and Huge Power.
    7-Zapdos is a nice replacement for torny, but the thunder dog Raikou due to the lack of SR weakness and access to ES. (the lack or SR weakness to me compensates for the lack of recovery)
    8-See #5
    9-See #8
    10-See #9

You realize you have access to the fastest priority move which compensates for the lower speed, right? Agreed, Stab CC is pretty handy against a lot of OU mons, but the purpose was to discuss UU pokemon that can fill a niche in OU.

Your have an excellent point with weavile's situation though, scarf genetroll shuts down weavile making it seem nearly useless as genetroll is incredibly common (as much as scizor)

Omastar is a cool boss especially with weak armor...rivals cloyster, with the only trade off is reliability vs SPEED. I suppose omastar could work in OU as well as cloyster...
    Gallade is actually a fun thing to try, I did so in PR and got to about 1250 using that as my sweeper.. CC + Shadow sneak is nice neutral coverage + ice punch or zen headbut (ice for gliscor and zen for trolling incoming gengar? Azelf I see less use for as it is a glass cannon, and mainly a lead which gets wrecked by scarfed leads from weather teams and scarfers in general.

Gengar CAN wall Sawsbuck, but it cants keep walling forever while firing off focus blasts praying for
    Added the userbar :3

Anyway, sorry I wasn't here yesterday. Was at my grandads, just chillin', y'know?
    We went to watch Madagascar 3, guess what happened at the cinema? PROJECTOR NOT WORKING OF ALL THINGS

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

i hope you got a refund

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    Added the userbar :3

Anyway, sorry I wasn't here yesterday. Was at my grandads, just chillin', y'know?
    We went to watch Madagascar 3, guess what happened at the cinema? PROJECTOR NOT WORKING OF ALL THINGS
    of all things ? i heard yesterday madagascar 3 was swapped with paranormal activity 4 in one american cinema, but no you defeintly got robbed worse then them little kids

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    i hope you got a refund
    We did.
    But it was 3D, and they wouldn't refund our glasses, not to mention the parking ticket...

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Best Sun counter ever.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Modest - Flash Fire
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flame Charge

At a glance, it seems like your typical offensive Heatran. Then one might notice the presence of Flame Charge. I know, WTF. Physical Flame Charge on a Heatran? Well, let's take a look here. What stops Heatran from brutally murdering the likes of Dugtrio and Sawsbuck? Its Speed? Well, fix that! Fire off a Flame Charge on a predicted switch, and he suddenly outspeeds just about everything that's commonly on a Sun team. Dugtrio can't KO him as long as his Balloon is intact, Sawsbuck finds itself outsped and OHKO'd by Fire Blast. Focus Sash Alakazam is a bit of a ***** with its Focus Blasts, but if it misses it dies. Venusaur, opposing Heatran, Arcanine, etc. can't touch him. Kingdra thinks he can beat him but finds itself 2HKO'd by Dragon Pulse and unable to OHKO with Surf thanks to sunlight. Offensive Lati@s find themselves 2HKO'd by Dragon Pulse, defensive variants are 3HKO'd, and can't do much in return. Metagross is OHKO'd by Fire Blast. Conkeldurr can OHKO Heatran after a Guts boost, but in turn Heatran OHKO's with Fire Blast. Skarmory can't touch Heatran, in fact, Heatran can set up on Skarmory without needing to fear anything.

Very little counters this monster, and almost everything that does counter him is rarely if ever seen on a Sun team. Darmanitan can OHKO with Close Combat, but is outsped at +2. Slower variants or those lacking a Choice Scarf are outsped at +1. After a Flash Fire boost, he's OHKO'd by Sun boosted Fire Blast, or you can just shoot an Earth Power at him. Blissey takes 27-33% from Flame Charge. If you went with an Attack neutral nature, he'd be 3HKO'd, and you'd be at +3, ready to sweep your opponent's entire team. Chansey is a bit more of a problem, but you should still be able to beat it. Bulky waters wall it completely, but who the hell uses a bulky Water on a Sun team?

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Page 326 of 421 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376 ... LastLast