Page 339 of 421 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3676090
    this was an epic battle, i played to conservatively which was why i lost :L

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3676090
    this was an epic battle, i played to conservatively which was why i lost :L
    That was pretty good, but yes, playing conservatively pretty much wrecked you. Not to mention the horrible weakness to water and rain teams. His walls kinda stomped all over you until Latias came in, but it was a bit late then. Also I actually called the turn that you critted Skarm. Apparently he did too because he Roosted haha. Still with only 14% recoil from BB, it didn't really matter either

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Seriously?? Because I would not believe that.
    id rather not start something on my second day, especially against such a prominent member.

I'll just leave that there. I know you said possibly, I was just saying it's not even slightly broken
    i also said "maybe"

Even then...what?? But yes, about 90% of them are Scarf sets, that doesn't mean it's not broken there. With the movepool it gets along with stats/ability/typing, it's just a monster in the right hands
    well, anything is a monster in the right hands. just a point, but latios. its so threatening, and as weve been trying to list hard counters to latios, and failed miserably. also, every one of them requires a certain situation in place to be effective, be it rain up, or moveset changes, or whatever. but latios doesnt get a suspect test, even though nothing can switch into it safely.

Ladder more/higher.
    now, see, i would, but i suck at battling.

Yes Dexoys-D is pretty much a suicide lead, but it guarantees at least 1 layer of hazards up. Red Card/Taunt can be run to avoid being set up fodder. Fire Gem + HP Fire I mentioned. Electric Gem + Tbolt to beat Starmie. Superpower to beat Ttar. Magic Coat to beat opposing hazard leads and taunts. Skill Swap to troll over Magic Bouncers. Rocky Helmet to mess up Physical Attackers. Tanga Berry to give it another chance at Gene/Scizor. If you seriously don't think Dexoys-D doesn't deserve a test ban at least, you're not playing enough/good enough opponents
    the problem with that is, it ha item slot syndrome, and moveslot syndrome. anti-meta, nyet? well, abomasnow has the same problem, and can take out a lot of what deo-d can, bar genesect and scizor, and even then, they cant switch in safely.

pokemon is a very situational game, as a good friend taught me by beating it into the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    well, anything is a monster in the right hands. just a point, but latios. its so threatening, and as weve been trying to list hard counters to latios, and failed miserably. also, every one of them requires a certain situation in place to be effective, be it rain up, or moveset changes, or whatever. but latios doesnt get a suspect test, even though nothing can switch into it safely.
    People actually did call for a suspect test at the beginning of BW and it was deemed to not be broken without it's Soul Dew and with Ttar being literally everywhere. I believe that Tornadus-T, Dexoys-D and Gene deserve at least a suspect test before declaring the meta completed. In fact, I reckon BW2 screwed up the meta, give me back my BW1

the problem with that is, it ha item slot syndrome, and moveslot syndrome. anti-meta, nyet? well, abomasnow has the same problem, and can take out a lot of what deo-d can, bar genesect and scizor, and even then, they cant switch in safely.

pokemon is a very situational game, as a good friend taught me by beating it into the masses.
    The only reason Abomasnow is used in OU is for it's ability. Do not compare something with such terrible typing, weaknesses and stats to something like Gene. That's like comparing Apples and Roller coasters

Yes it is, but you'll note that there are some people who do consistently well and others who will only do well occasionally. Good playing>everything else (except luck, broken stuff and being incredibly out-teamed) in pokemon

now, see, i would, but i suck at battling.
    And this is pretty much the 'no longer need to listen to anything you say ever about competitive battling ever' quote

And this is pretty much the 'no longer need to listen to anything you say ever about competitive battling ever' quote
    That's a bit harsh. There's a difference between someone who's actually a bad battler and a good battler who simply let's preconceived notions they have of themselves get in the way of their performance. I'd label dark lord as the latter. One can have a good grasp on the metagame without winning every battle for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    Of course you may join, welcome on board

Oh... that rule isn't actually enforced xD;; we were just discussing this the other day actually, it should be taken off the OP...

Hmm... I feel like that'd be weird... It already feels awkward (to me) when he goes to like Tron world, so I wonder how Starwars would be... on the other hand, they already do space travel via Gummy Ship so it might be easy to incorporate hmmm...

______

Also, as opposed to what I said earlier, I likely wont be able to get on PO tonight either, too much Halloween stuff going on. sorry! Dx
    if we arent enforcing that, can i be moved to the umm.... fourth gen... division i forget the name but would love to have a garchomp rank.

and hey klaus, didnt know you were here. what happened to your clan?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    That's a bit harsh. There's a difference between someone who's actually a bad battler and a good battler who simply let's preconceived notions they have of themselves get in the way of their performance. I'd label dark lord as the latter. One can have a good grasp on the metagame without winning every battle for various reasons.
    A good grasp, yes. Trying to argue points for pokes being/not being broken when he doesn't ladder/ladder high enough to see the pokes being abused, no.

There is a reason why there are voting requirements on PS for people to vote on Suspects

In my experience, people who don't battle much usually aren't as good as they would want to believe. Honestly you can theory-mon all day, but actually doing battles is a far better way of learning about the metagame (not aimed specifically at Dark, just in general)

Tornadus-T
    thunderus-t
    , Dexoys-D and Gene deserve at least a suspect test before declaring the meta completed.
    i dont agree. but lets agree to disagree here, so we don't end up hating each other for both us seeming like complete douches to each other.

In fact, I reckon BW2 screwed up the meta, give me back my BW1
    know datfeel, but the same situation happened when b/w first came out as well, as you suddenly had the genies, shadow tag chandy, new dw abilities, reuniculus, and the brand new ferrothorn running amok. it happens whenever something new happens, and i guarantee the same thing happening in gen 6.

The only reason Abomasnow is used in OU is for it's ability. Do not compare something with such terrible typing, weaknesses and stats to something like Gene. That's like comparing Apples and Roller coasters
    this was merely a comparisn to abomasnow and deoxys-d's "anti-metaness." i feel youre looking to in depth at these things.

Yes it is, but you'll note that there are some people who do consistently well and others who will only do well occasionally. Good playing>everything else (except luck, broken stuff and being incredibly out-teamed) in pokemon
    thats very correct. but just because a pokemon is a great anti-lead (see deoxys-d), that doesnt necessarily constitute a suspect test, especially on a suicide lead, where you basically are already down 1 pokemon that could have been useful.

:/ battling and theorymonning are two different creatures. for all you know, i could just be a sad, low self-esteem kid whos actually good at battling. but im not. i like to think of myself as average at best. you have never battled me, so you honestly have no right to judge whether what i say has any competitive value. but again, i dont want to start something.

@Prohawk's second statement

i actually battled fairly actively, but dont anymore due to reasons i dont particularly feel like going into. pretty much all my theorymonning comes from my experience as a battler. i occasionally battle, if i get time(cant wait til college. screw schoolwork) just so i can keep up with the metagame.

laddering high doesnt necessarily mean you are good. look at theebay jk, lol. but yeah, you might be better. or you might just be lucky.

@GoTF, before you haha. lets just say, it hasnt gotten off its feet at all, and after 2 months, i doubt it ever will.
    Last edited by Klaus™; 1st November 2012 at 2:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    if we arent enforcing that, can i be moved to the umm.... fourth gen... division i forget the name but would love to have a garchomp rank.

and hey klaus, didnt know you were here. what happened to your clan?
    Citrine and it would take you months to get that rank also did this for fun found it quite funny

252SpAtk Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram (+SAtk) Overheat in Sun vs 0HP/0SpDef Leftovers lvl 1 Paras (-SpDef): 1074690% - 1264363% (118216 - 139080 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

hey, i'm making an ho team with terra/chomp as my core? suggestions?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

something to counter scarf mamo maybe a rotom wash

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

specs or bulky?

thunderus-t
    I know you said that. I gave my opinion on it. I carried on talking about Tornadus-T

thats very correct. but just because a pokemon is a great anti-lead (see deoxys-d), that doesnt necessarily constitute a suspect test, especially on a suicide lead, where you basically are already down 1 pokemon that could have been useful.
    Can't be bothered anymore, giving up explaining. Enjoy seeing Deoxys-D on the Suspects thread within the next few months

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Citrine and it would take you months to get that rank also did this for fun found it quite funny

252SpAtk Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram (+SAtk) Overheat in Sun vs 0HP/0SpDef Leftovers lvl 1 Paras (-SpDef): 1074690% - 1264363% (118216 - 139080 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    Needs more Baton Passed Nasty Plot

Add a Jelly. You need something to take the Water/Ice hits

A good grasp, yes. Trying to argue points for pokes being/not being broken when he doesn't ladder/ladder high enough to see the pokes being abused, no.

There is a reason why there are voting requirements on PS for people to vote on Suspects

In my experience, people who don't battle much usually aren't as good as they would want to believe. Honestly you can theory-mon all day, but actually doing battles is a far better way of learning about the metagame (not aimed specifically at Dark, just in general)
    There are different levels to the metagame, no? You implied in multiple posts that different areas of the ladder have different threats. I agree with that. He simply based what he had to say off of what he's experienced at the level he tends to play. That doesn't make any of what he said less valid. You guys are just arguing from different vantage points. In large part, this is a situational game.

Imo, darklord is better than he believes himself to be....that's why he hasn't gotten past the point on the ladder that he's reached.

I agree, you can theorymon all day. There's absolutely no end to it. That's why I tend to stay out of it. Sure I'll listen to what experienced people have to say and make note if I ever find myself needing a new idea and am lacking on inspiration, but I find it kind of silly to participate in a debate that reaches no end.....which is often the case when talking theory in an area as convoluted as pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    Geez, give 'em a chance at least...
    No. Star Wars was hugely popular at the time it came out because it was a completely innovative idea (unlike Disney today) with revolutionary special effects, the likes of which had never been seen before. By now, there have been so many spin-offs, books, and games so that Star Wars isn't quite as special as it was back then.
    Plus, the series ended. It would be like adding a book eight to the Harry Potter series or something.
    While this is true, Abomasnow still can do a lot in the right hands. People just don't like it's ability (ironically enough) since it ruins teams that aren't completely made of Ice types. Its stats also kind of veer people away from using it, even though it can do a ton of damage if used correctly (so not as a suicide lead is what I'm saying).
    Plus, it needs a better ability than Soundproof. That's just a stupid gimmick ability.
    Terrachomp? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that...

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

There are different levels to the metagame, no? You implied in multiple posts that different areas of the ladder have different threats. I agree with that. He simply based what he had to say off of what he's experienced at the level he tends to play.
    You really can't make a case for defending broken pokes unless you battle the top end of the ladder where the people are abusing them. Of course the people lower down aren't going to be using them to their full potential. That's the difference between validity of opinion, what you see may be abuse of pokes or just noobs trying to use them

Add a Jelly. You need something to take the Water/Ice hits
    and that would also help with fighting. i have a jirachi, though.

and that would also help with fighting. i have a jirachi, though.
    Jirachi seems to fit well, Jelly would be good too since Rain boosted water attacks can take their toll on Rachi

I know you said that. I gave my opinion on it. I carried on talking about Tornadus-T

Can't be bothered anymore, giving up explaining. Enjoy seeing Deoxys-D on the Suspects thread within the next few months
    but, i thought that we were talking about thunderus-t the entire time? for suspect test, or did i misread that? if so then i apologize. but torandus-t is broken imo. it basically revolutionized rain offense, great typing and STAB, as well as enough coverage to 2hko over half the meta. and great bulk as well. but this is my opinion, which im sure is wrong :/

@GoTF

have you seen my new thread? im using a terrachomp choice core, and this is also a good time to bring up the rmt. i would love to get your feedback on it. btw, naughty is a typo on it.
    Last edited by Klaus™; 1st November 2012 at 2:10 AM.

You really can't make a case for defending broken pokes unless you battle the top end of the ladder where the people are abusing them. Of course the people lower down aren't going to be using them to their full potential. That's the difference between validity of opinion, what you see may be abuse of pokes or just noobs trying to use them
    Well, people in the lower end of the ladder play pokemon, too. Just because they aren't some of the best doesn't mean they aren't part of the equation.
    Just saying.
    Btw, anybody know what happened to Jazz? He just sorta abruptly died.
    EDIT: EHRMAGERD TWENTY POSTS IN LIKE 2 MINUTES O_O
    Can you guys take this to the PO channel please? As interesting as this is, it's getting out of hand. Therefore, enough.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Ok can i just say enough all of you we're officially drawing the suspect debate closed also I believe both sides should apologize dark has prohawk what should you do please we really dont need to be insulting each other but lets try to find a new topic to focus on

|||||||
    Credit to Blues

but, i thought that we were talking about thunderus-t the entire time? for suspect test, or did i misread that? if so then i apologize. but torandus-t is broken imo. it basically revolutionized rain offense, great typing and STAB, as well as enough coverage to 2hko over half the meta. and great bulk as well. but this is my opinion, which im sure is wrong :/
    I was talking about Tornadus-T the whole time. Finally something we can agree on. Great ability too

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Well, people in the lower end of the ladder play pokemon, too. Just because they aren't some of the best doesn't mean they aren't part of the equation.
    Just saying.
    Can you guys take this to the PO channel please? As interesting as this is, it's getting out of hand. Therefore, enough.
    Not when it comes to talking about suspects. Read that last post till you understand it.

And why, it's competitive discussion and as far as I know that's pretty much what the clan thread is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Just saying.
    i would, but i dont have po. and i dont have access to a computer right now to get on PS!

See, I wouldn't say the people at the higher end of the ladder are using the pokes to their fullest potential. They're simply tweaking valuable pokemon and making them more effective in an area of the meta where play style is slightly different. How would you define what a pokemon's "full potential" is anyway? Don't think there's any valid way to measure that. What does well higher up on the ladder, may not do as well on the middle of the ladder. Again, it's situational. You can't arbitrarily label one thing as better than another when taking all areas of the metagame into consideration.

EDIT: Sorry soper, just say your comment after posting this lol. That'll be the last thing I have to say.
    Last edited by Psilo; 1st November 2012 at 2:18 AM.

See, I wouldn't say the people at the higher end of the ladder are using the pokes to their fullest potential. They're simply tweaking valuable pokemon and making them more effective in an area of the meta where play style is slightly different. How would you define what a pokemon's "full potential" is anyway. Don't think there's any valid way to measure that. What does well higher up on the ladder, may not do as well on the middle of the ladder. Again, it's situational. You can't arbitrarily label one thing as better than another when taking all areas of the metagame into consideration.
    Then why can I get from 1000-1500 points while not making a single change to my team?? As far as broken pokes go, you can abuse them properly at any part of the ladder, but people that do will inevitably end up at the upper end of the ladder

Page 339 of 421 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389 ... LastLast