Page 340 of 421 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

  1. #8476
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Astral Plane
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    hey, i'm making an ho team with terra/chomp as my core? suggestions?
    Other than makin' dat Chomp Hone Claws, nothing in particular. With Hone Claws, Stone Edge has reliable accuracy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    No. Star Wars was hugely popular at the time it came out because it was a completely innovative idea (unlike Disney today) with revolutionary special effects, the likes of which had never been seen before. By now, there have been so many spin-offs, books, and games so that Star Wars isn't quite as special as it was back then.
    Plus, the series ended. It would be like adding a book eight to the Harry Potter series or something.
    First off, I said give them a chance, not immediately accept it. Second, the movies didn't even cover all of the Star Wars events--even after the sixth movie, there were some books that covered aftermath events and stuff. For instance, did you know that Han and Leia had Jedi kids?
    Last edited by Jonah the Slaking; 1st November 2012 at 2:25 AM.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

  2. #8477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Finally, All art requests must be done via PM or VM only. Im only gonna give you guys one warning. Because I strongly dislike the spam.
    Thanks!

    lol ~(10char)~
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2vloeo9.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #8478
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Then why can I get from 1000-1500 points while not making a single change to my team?? As far as broken pokes go, you can abuse them properly at any part of the ladder, but people that do will inevitably end up at the upper end of the ladder
    a combination of luck, skill, prediction, and pokemon know-how, which people from 1000-1280 dont seem to know. anyone can do it. its not that special. and if you are laddering on the PS! ladder, it isnt hard to ladder at all due to the glitchyness of it. besides, ladder achievements are not an accurate way to measure a person's skill level, and even a pokemon's use. whenever i battle on PS!, over half the people use obscure, weird pokemon and sets, so a lot of times, the pokemon you are using are useless, as you are being threatened by unknown/less well-known pokemon. for example, i once saw someone use a douse drive genesect -.- even though LO hp water hits harder....

    guys....i just realized it was halloween O.O

  4. #8479
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Then why can I get from 1000-1500 points while not making a single change to my team?? As far as broken pokes go, you can abuse them properly at any part of the ladder, but people that do will inevitably end up at the upper end of the ladder
    That's because the high 1400's/1500's is really the area where game play tends to change considerably....at least in my experience, and likely in yours too. There's a reason you made the range 1000-1500 and not 1000-1550/1600.

  5. #8480
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    a combination of luck, skill, prediction, and pokemon know-how, which people from 1000-1280 dont seem to know. anyone can do it. its not that special.
    Read till there then stopped. You literally just said you didn't ladder because you suck at battling (his words not mine), yet you say getting high on the ladder is nothing special. I love how suddenly ladder rankings mean nothing to people, it's pretty much just a free ride for people to say, 'I could get high on the ladder but I choose not to' which is just the biggest lie ever.

    Yes the PS ladder isn't that great, which is why you need under 55dev (iirc) in order to vote, which is more to do with experience and skill then simply getting high on the ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    That's because the high 1400's/1500's is really the area where game play tends to change considerably....at least in my experience, and likely in yours too. There's a reason you made the range 1000-1500 and not 1000-1550/1600.
    Ok, then I'll retype that as 1000-1550 with the same team then. The meta really changes at 1350 IMO, at 1500 the skill level of your opponents is pretty much the same and the main difference at this point is luck and maybe that 1 key play that changes the game

  6. #8481

    Default

    didn't think you'd care for opinion on your rmt, darklord.

    check this out. my team in action. terra is a god-send.

    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3679778
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  7. #8482
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Ok, then I'll retype that as 1000-1550 with the same team then. The meta really changes at 1350 IMO, at 1500 the skill level of your opponents is pretty much the same and the main difference at this point is luck and maybe that 1 key play that changes the game
    I've also noticed a change around the 1350 mark, and then another (more subtle) one around 1500. That's why I made the statement I did. As for your last comment, I agree. At the 1450-1500 stage, pretty much every game I've had has come down to the wire and the result was almost always due to one person getting luckier than another or that one key play.

  8. #8483
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In A Pine Grove
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Actually dark I love to see the different sets as it shows how refreshing the game can be from the whoring noob. However I constantly see good players using broken pokes along with not as much used ones that's why I like showdown better than PO

    |||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

  9. #8484
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    You literally just said you didn't ladder because you suck at battling (his words not mine), yet you say getting high on the ladder is nothing special. I love how suddenly ladder rankings mean nothing to people, it's pretty much just a free ride for people to say, 'I could get high on the ladder but I choose not to' which is just the biggest lie ever.
    no. the only reason i said that was a jab at you, as you were being very arrogant imo. i never stated i personally could get high on the ladder, did i? no. its similar to someone saying its easy to ride rollercoasters, but be afraid of heights. basically, i said i suck worse than others, which is self-esteem issues. i never stated that i could get high on the ladder. do not put words into my mouth.

    like i said, laddering doesnt necessarily mean skill level, and it goes both ways. just because you ladder low, doesnt mean you are bad. just because you ladder high, doesnt mean you are good.

    honestly, im sick and tired of you treating me like some 2nd class noob, unfit to even so much as be in the sam forum as you. if you want me to stop posting competitively, and adding my input, then you can bloody well say so instead of beating around the bush and insinuating how im some idiot who cant tell a bulbasaur from a hydrangea. seriously, stop. learn to take other people's opinions to account, as not everyone is going to agree with you on every little thing. i apologize if im causing ripples in the social media's pool, but i have recieved warm welcomes from everyone but you, and instead of being neutral, every little thing i say you try and twist against me. ive kept my cool up til now, but im seriously tired of it. ive only been in the clan 2 days, not even, and id like to not start off with a bad reputation. soperman, and psycho cut, i apologize if im being too upstart, but i felt this needed addressing before worse things were said.

  10. #8485

    Default

    Happy Halloween guys. see you all tomorrow.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  11. #8486
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    What's a combo counter to Mamoswine and specially based Rock Polish Landorus? would Cm Latios work?

  12. #8487
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    What's a combo counter to Mamoswine and specially based Rock Polish Landorus? would Cm Latios work?
    Rotom-w is a good check to both.

  13. #8488
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    What's a combo counter to Mamoswine and specially based Rock Polish Landorus? would Cm Latios work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormented View Post
    Rotom-w is a good check to both.
    God knows Focus Blast will miss at the worst time.

    Gyarados is a good one too. Unless your opponents Icicle Crash decides to crit you even after Intimidate...

    CM Latios is a good check, but it cannot switch right in on an Icicle Crash/Spear

  14. #8489
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    And why, it's competitive discussion and as far as I know that's pretty much what the clan thread is for.
    Because of stuff like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Read till there then stopped. You literally just said you didn't ladder because you suck at battling (his words not mine), yet you say getting high on the ladder is nothing special. I love how suddenly ladder rankings mean nothing to people, it's pretty much just a free ride for people to say, 'I could get high on the ladder but I choose not to' which is just the biggest lie ever.
    You're making it personal, going as far as to insult a new member. Regardless of whether it's true or not, I'll have to ask you to take those kinds of things to VM. And when I say ask, I mean command.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    i would, but i dont have po. and i dont have access to a computer right now to get on PS!
    Really, no PO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    First off, I said give them a chance, not immediately accept it. Second, the movies didn't even cover all of the Star Wars events--even after the sixth movie, there were some books that covered aftermath events and stuff. For instance, did you know that Han and Leia had Jedi kids?
    What I'm trying to say is that Star Wars was why Star Wars was popular when it came out, and why they shouldn't make more. It ain't special no more.
    I refer back to Harry Potter.
    Plus, I just dislike Disney. They take everything they make on TV and force the characters to sing at some point. Also, every single show is more or less the same thing. I don't like that they went from great kids' movies to terribly cliche and predictable TV shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    guys....i just realized it was halloween O.O
    ...
    ...
    WELCOME TO REALITY! XD
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    What's a combo counter to Mamoswine and specially based Rock Polish Landorus? would Cm Latios work?
    Never seen that one, but I don't think CM Latios would work too well, just because Mamo's Ice type attacks do a bit too much damage. Also, I'm assuming Lando is carrying U-Turn, since most do. That wouldn't help either.
    Like Tormented said, Rotom-W is a fantastic counter, taking their STABs like they're nothing and hitting back really hard.


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  15. #8490
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    rotom wash is the best for both but he cant stomach superpower AND focus blast in a row
    also
    so much rage from prohawk
    i agree with pro and dark from the little i read
    lower ladder players have more experience with the broken stuff used by noobish players while advanced ladder players see the broken stuff used by skilled players
    pro-imo thundurus is broken, even gray agrees, he sets up agility so easy in rain and rapes teams that lack mamo
    dark- deoxys is broken as he is in every offensive team, with taunt and magic bounce he shuts down other hazard leads and stacks hazards so by turn 4 your screwed
    Tornadus is still common and abusing rain, he only has 2 solid counters, sp def jirachi and rotom wash, well zapdos works too, but he can plow through team, switch out, and fully heal, even scizor is KOed before tornadus can be Koed by him
    Genesect- i really fell this isnt needed to be described, to qoute someone "every team is better with genesect" He has unparallelled coverage besides reshirum, 120 both attacks, 99 base speed and average defenses. His type lacks weakness to common priorities, only mach punch from breloom which at full health fails to KO, heatran is the only safe counter cause he can use a choice band mixed set to destroy chanseys
    i vote landorus i for a suspect too as his special form is insane, only guarantied way to KO is latis, hp ice does 60% in which case they run. Hell he 2hkos chansey with focus blast :L
    basically for the suspect test everyones opinions are looked at, but most of the testing is done by the more skilled battlers because they can generally tell better then lower ladder members



  16. #8491
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Never seen that one, but I don't think CM Latios would work too well, just because Mamo's Ice type attacks do a bit too much damage. Also, I'm assuming Lando is carrying U-Turn, since most do. That wouldn't help either.
    Like Tormented said, Rotom-W is a fantastic counter, taking their STABs like they're nothing and hitting back really hard.
    I haven't seen a Landorus-I with U-Turn for months. Only Landorus-T

    Also he asked about a Specially based Landorus

  17. #8492
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    I haven't seen a Landorus-I with U-Turn for months. Only Landorus-T

    Also he asked about a Specially based Landorus
    this

    and god, i hadnt even thought of gyara o.o ive used him before very effectively, and if i get time ill test my team with both cm latios and dd+intimidate gyara. the added bulk will be much appreciated. rotom-w...eh, i just find it too...underwhelming, and i think its best used as a bulkytom set. especially since i already have 2 choiced pokemon, a third is a bit overkill.

  18. #8493
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Citrine and it would take you months to get that rank also did this for fun found it quite funny

    252SpAtk Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram (+SAtk) Overheat in Sun vs 0HP/0SpDef Leftovers lvl 1 Paras (-SpDef): 1074690% - 1264363% (118216 - 139080 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

    Bold +6 Power Trick Banded Shuckle using Critical Hit Stone Edge with the ability Pure Power, under the influence of Helping Hand, Flower Gift, and Me First does over 5.5 million damage to level 1 -6 Defence Ledyba. Of course, you'd need a Pokemon with Skill Swap, Trick, Helping Hand, Flower Gift, etc, and you'd still need to find a way to use me first, but hey...


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  19. #8494
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Someone earlier mentioned that we can't war anyone atm for various reasons, and the reason we can't rewar TA is because of the clan rule of not warring the same clan twice in a row. Why is that even a rule, and if there's no good reason, why not war TA.



    Ceci n'est pas une Meloetta. Credit to JhenMohran for the banner, and prohawk for the userbars.

  20. #8495
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kei Konguki
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Citrine and it would take you months to get that rank also did this for fun found it quite funny

    252SpAtk Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram (+SAtk) Overheat in Sun vs 0HP/0SpDef Leftovers lvl 1 Paras (-SpDef): 1074690% - 1264363% (118216 - 139080 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    LOL I approve xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    hey, i'm making an ho team with terra/chomp as my core? suggestions?
    I can't say I really have any suggestions (since I'm new to HO and haven't used either of those pokemon on the same team before) But I'm interested to see how that team goes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    Bold +6 Power Trick Banded Shuckle using Critical Hit Stone Edge with the ability Pure Power, under the influence of Helping Hand, Flower Gift, and Me First does over 5.5 million damage to level 1 -6 Defence Ledyba. Of course, you'd need a Pokemon with Skill Swap, Trick, Helping Hand, Flower Gift, etc, and you'd still need to find a way to use me first, but hey...
    Dat Damage B) awwwwww yeahhhh

    @the... idek suspect debate thing?
    I feel like... Prohawk especially, seems to be getting overly worked up over this debate o-o I've known you in the clan for quite a while, and you've proven to be pretty knowledgeable about pokemon on several occasions, but I've never seen you go on so long, or insult someone during a discussion/debate. I agree with Soper and Dark and think that it should either go to VM/PMs, or just come to an "agree to disagree" situation xD;;


    @Dark- Don't worry, you wont gain a bad reputation over a discussion xD You're pretty new to the clan, and hardly anyone knows you yet, so it's not like you've done anything bad so far

    Also Happy Halloween everyone xD just getting ready to head out to a party, bbl~
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

        Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

  21. #8496
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    I haven't seen a Landorus-I with U-Turn for months. Only Landorus-T

    Also he asked about a Specially based Landorus
    I haven't laddered in a really long time. I'll stop talking now...
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaboost View Post
    Someone earlier mentioned that we can't war anyone atm for various reasons, and the reason we can't rewar TA is because of the clan rule of not warring the same clan twice in a row. Why is that even a rule, and if there's no good reason, why not war TA.
    Beating them again won't do us any real good. It's more fun with variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    I feel like... Prohawk especially, seems to be getting overly worked up over this debate o-o I've known you in the clan for quite a while, and you've proven to be pretty knowledgeable about pokemon on several occasions, but I've never seen you go on so long, or insult someone during a discussion/debate. I agree with Soper and Dark and think that it should either go to VM/PMs, or just come to an "agree to disagree" situation xD;;
    It went to PMs. Therefore, subject shall be dropped.

    EDIT:
    Your House: Citrine
    Opponent's House: Amethyst
    Opponent's Name: D-bray
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Loss 0-1
    Rate your performance out of 50: 34
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 40
    Any improvements for opponent: Protect Skarmory xD
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Really haxy when it didn't matter, except for that one paralysis.
    Last edited by Soperman; 1st November 2012 at 4:38 AM.


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  22. #8497
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    760

    Default

    I'm making a UU Double Battle Team, and I want to know if you think this combo is too gimmicky.

        Spoiler:- ...:


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  23. #8498
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    @the... idek suspect debate thing?
    I feel like... Prohawk especially, seems to be getting overly worked up over this debate o-o I've known you in the clan for quite a while, and you've proven to be pretty knowledgeable about pokemon on several occasions, but I've never seen you go on so long, or insult someone during a discussion/debate. I agree with Soper and Dark and think that it should either go to VM/PMs, or just come to an "agree to disagree" situation xD;;

    @Dark- Don't worry, you wont gain a bad reputation over a discussion xD You're pretty new to the clan, and hardly anyone knows you yet, so it's not like you've done anything bad so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post

    It went to PMs. Therefore, subject shall be dropped.
    Just so everyone knows, Dark and I took this to PMs and we sorted everything out. We even decided to start over so no bad blood etc

    Here is a wee snippet of our convo from my end

    I just see someone saying things that contradict what I say and I feel the need to defend myself with evidence. It just bugs me when people post things in the thread (where other less experienced members read and get influenced by it) where the whole story isn't being stated. If those people who are new to battling don't get all the info then they are being taught wrong and it leads to more work for their tutors to try and re-educate them.
    I did not intentionally mean to disrespect or insult Dark, but again, we sorted this all out in PMs

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    I'm making a UU Double Battle Team, and I want to know if you think this combo is too gimmicky.

        Spoiler:- ...:
    Gotta say, STAB Return coming from Regigas is always a solid move
    Last edited by Prohawk; 1st November 2012 at 4:53 AM.

  24. #8499
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Luminoise City
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Forum Name: trident20, call me trident
    PO Name*: i use ps, anyway trident50
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):[/B] b2= 5286 9232 1961
    Timezone (in GMT)***:[/B]gmt-5
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: tourmaline, Amethyst,zircon, doesnt matter after that
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:[/B]. almost an eight on wifi. ps im about 6-7
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:
    well i came here because my friends are here, it was hard for me to move because team sky my old clan... is dead, and i was second in command, so its weird starting at the bottom again also i dont have PO, i have ps but im great in wifi. so my friends are psilo, ghost of the forums, dlord. so i hope you accept me.


  25. #8500
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    Forum Name: trident20, call me trident
    PO Name*: i use ps, anyway trident50
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):[/B] b2= 5286 9232 1961
    Timezone (in GMT)***:[/B]gmt-5
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: tourmaline, Amethyst,zircon, doesnt matter after that
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:[/B]. almost an eight on wifi. ps im about 6-7
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:
    well i came here because my friends are here, it was hard for me to move because team sky my old clan... is dead, and i was second in command, so its weird starting at the bottom again also i dont have PO, i have ps but im great in wifi. so my friends are psilo, ghost of the forums, dlord. so i hope you accept me.
    Tourmaline and Amethyst have plenty of members right now, so I'll put you into Zircon
    Welcome to the clan!


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Page 340 of 421 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •