Page 341 of 421 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

ok thanks. ill get that there chandelure ub some day

Forum Name: drizzleboy12
    PO Name*: Drizzleboy
    5th Gen Friend Code(s): 4642 4541 3357
    Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT -5
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**:I don't really care
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 9/10 in double battling
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:' I am VGC battler. I go to VGC tournaments and I recently got 11th in philadelphia regionals. and I am always ready for a battle on the skarmbliss server on PO

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:' I am VGC battler. I go to VGC tournaments and I recently got 11th in philadelphia regionals. and I am always ready for a battle on the skarmbliss server on PO
    Accepted into Emerald, and you can usually find us at the Crystalline Guard channel on the PO server

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

So, question.

Tentacruel or Blastoise as a water spinner? Blastoise is generally bulkier, but doesn't have an immunity to Toxic Spikes, so I'm sort of on the fence here.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Yeah... Hoenn does kinda stink in OU. In the lower tiers, tho, I imagine it dominates.
    Anyway, Blues has been awarded 15 RP by recommendation by me. Thanks a bunch
    Take a note?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Sdef Raichi? Earthquake!

Welcome to all new members.

Yes, that is the extent of my contribution for now.
    Thank you for enlightening us<3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    I counted three new active members... Okay. List of good vs bad birthday presents

GOOD

3 new active members
    awesome mountain-road hybrid bike with hydraulic disk brakes, front wheel suspension (that can turn on and off) and 27 gears

BAD
    No power
    Disney bought Lucasart (or whatever that company was called, the star wars one)(I think)

Also, I still don't have power.
    Hope that gets fixed...I'll add stickers to all the coins I donate to the red cross; thus, if you see a quarter with a Gengar sticker you will know who it was from;D

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMankey View Post

I will now be taking art requests ~
    Psycho, let Mankey make us a new banner? Lol (jk...or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    ANNOUNCEMENT!!!/REMINDER!!!/IMPORTANT NOTE!!!Tomorrow's or today (depends on where you live) it's my birthday (:
    Happy Birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    If anybody cares we are still looking for a clan to war, even though everyone seems to fall into one of 4 catergories
    too small to war (like 10 members, 20 pages)
    has not replied
    Has said no
    Is team america and was whom we warred last.
    I think someone should start a new clan. Some people join that one, war on day 1 of being approved, close it, then challenge TA

(21:22:39) [CG]magicmonkey: draw me a dragonite giving the finger
    (21:22:48) [CG]magicmonkey: with shades

Dragonite FTW

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    i vote we get panicles to reopen PR and war them
    beat jhen 2-1 in gigas tour
    That would mean he would have to borrow part of our war team.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteknight View Post
    Your House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's House: Emerald
    Opponent's Name: Sparkbeat
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: WIN 5-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 40
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 35
    Any improvements for opponent:
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: TMS VS TEAM MAGIC; Played very badly the first part of the battle ended up pulling though thanks to a set up sweeper
    Gengar userbar users UNITE!! >
    lol ~(10char)~
    10dinoaccount$

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Read till there then stopped. You literally just said you didn't ladder because you suck at battling (his words not mine), yet you say getting high on the ladder is nothing special. I love how suddenly ladder rankings mean nothing to people, it's pretty much just a free ride for people to say, 'I could get high on the ladder but I choose not to' which is just the biggest lie ever.
    I could get past 1500, but I dont try:3

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    I've also noticed a change around the 1350 mark, and then another (more subtle) one around 1500. That's why I made the statement I did. As for your last comment, I agree. At the 1450-1500 stage, pretty much every game I've had has come down to the wire and the result was almost always due to one person getting luckier than another or that one key play.
    I've seen some weirds shiz around1400...not so much in 1350 ish, but it is more about the plays/skill at about 1380.
    (Is happy he can participate in this discussion without being told that he needs to gtfo:P)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormented View Post
    Rotom-w is a good check to both.
    You should talk more

Welcome, join the CG channel as soper said

Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

Yeah... Hoenn does kinda stink in OU. In the lower tiers, tho, I imagine it dominates.
    Anyway, Blues has been awarded 15 RP by recommendation by me. Thanks a bunch
    Metagross disagrees.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    Metagross disagrees.
    I think Lati@s, Mence and Rachi are a better representation for Hoenn in OU. Metagross can be amazingly good if played well though, usually the agility set

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    252SpAtk Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram (+SAtk) Overheat in Sun vs 0HP/0SpDef Leftovers lvl 1 Paras (-SpDef): 1074690% - 1264363% (118216 - 139080 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    It's not always an OHKO. Give the Paris a Focus Sash.

c:
    God knows Focus Blast will miss at the worst time.
    Oh hey friend. c;

Don't be mad. (Kidding; not looking for a fight.)

I think Lati@s, Mence and Rachi are a better representation for Hoenn in OU. Metagross can be amazingly good if played well though, usually the agility set
    Mence had nothing to set him apart from other DD Sweepers until he got Moxie. Jirachi was sort of annoying, but I'm not sure he was as much of a gem as the other Pokemon. I'll give you the Lati@s, they were really cool.

Metagross on the other hand sports some of the most balanced stats in the metagame, with Speed being his only truly low stat, and Agility to compensate for that. His movepool somewhat disappoints, but he's got some decent options.

Mence had nothing to set him apart from other DD Sweepers until he got Moxie. Jirachi was sort of annoying, but I'm not sure he was as much of a gem as the other Pokemon. I'll give you the Lati@s, they were really cool.
    Uhhh. Not sure if I know much on the topic, but I'm pretty sure he had a lot over them. He had access to a much higher power Fire Blast them then all, was faster than them all, and he had a good ability in the form of Intimidate to force switches. That's, at least imo, why he was banned to ubers in 4th gen.

Dragonite was weaker, slower, and had Inner Focus, which is only really good against Focus Sash leads. So I'm pretty sure if anything, Salamence has been brought back a few steps in BW and BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    It's not always an OHKO. Give the Paris a Focus Sash.

c:

Oh hey friend. c;

Don't be mad. (Kidding; not looking for a fight.)
    Haha you were exactly who I was referring to haha

Metagross on the other hand sports some of the most balanced stats in the metagame, with Speed being his only truly low stat, and Agility to compensate for that. His movepool somewhat disappoints, but he's got some decent options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    Uhhh. Not sure if I know much on the topic, but I'm pretty sure he had a lot over them. He had access to a much higher power Fire Blast them then all, was faster than them all, and he had a good ability in the form of Intimidate to force switches. That's, at least imo, why he was banned to ubers in 4th gen.

Dragonite was weaker, slower, and had Inner Focus, which is only really good against Focus Sash leads. So I'm pretty sure if anything, Salamence has been brought back a few steps in BW and BW2.
    Once again Avicii nails it. Mence was a major threat in Dppt, so much so that he got banned. On the other hand, Metagross is one of the least used OU pokes. His only real selling point is being able to solidly counter Kyurem-B, which to be fair, is a pretty amazing feat but not really enough to be consistent outside of that. Poor Speed and Special Defense really hurts on a poke designed to be a tank. The low Speed I can live with, due to high defense and attack, plus typing. The low special defense really holds Metagross back, which is a real shame

Your House: Amethyst
    Opponent's House: Citrine
    Opponent's Name: Avicii
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win, 1-0.
    Rate your performance out of 50: 30
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 29
    Any improvements for opponent: idkbutomg
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: That was close O_O

Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    Forum Name: trident20, call me trident
    PO Name*: i use ps, anyway trident50
    5th Gen Friend Code(s):[/B] b2= 5286 9232 1961
    Timezone (in GMT)***:[/B]gmt-5
    Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: tourmaline, Amethyst,zircon, doesnt matter after that
    Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:[/B]. almost an eight on wifi. ps im about 6-7
    A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:
    well i came here because my friends are here, it was hard for me to move because team sky my old clan... is dead, and i was second in command, so its weird starting at the bottom again also i dont have PO, i have ps but im great in wifi. so my friends are psilo, ghost of the forums, dlord. so i hope you accept me.
    Wow, so many new members all of a sudden xD Welcome to both of you! I see you both wifi battle... not many of us do HOWEVER I'm currently working on building my PO team in game (halfway there so far) so as soon as that's completed I'll do some wifi matches with you (since it'll probably be hard to find other people in the clan to do them with.... >w>)
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

So, question.

Tentacruel or Blastoise as a water spinner? Blastoise is generally bulkier, but doesn't have an immunity to Toxic Spikes, so I'm sort of on the fence here.
    What about Starmie? When you switch out the poison goes away if you have Natural Cure (and who wouldn't)

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    What about Starmie? When you switch out the poison goes away if you have Natural Cure (and who wouldn't)
    I'm not sure I can afford a third Ghost weakness.

Bit late buuut,
    Gratz guys on reviving this
    Id love to join, but life's too busy right now, all the best! O3O/
    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal
    I shall wait for thy rebirth.

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/30tm5ph.png[/IMG]
    Credit to mew for this awesome banner!

[IMG]http://i41.*******.com/mslylh.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/34oqyh1.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Shoudy4 View Post
    It's not the Pokemon themselves that make you good. It's how you use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis2580 View Post
    Bit late buuut,
    Gratz guys on reviving this
    Id love to join, but life's too busy right now, all the best! O3O/
    ok im positive you have the wrong thread, this place never died for it to be revived

Quote Originally Posted by D-BRAY View Post
    ok im positive you have the wrong thread, this place never died for it to be revived
    Nope, he's got it right lol. He's an old BA member, which is what he's referring to. Only 426 pages late lol...

Nope, he's got it right lol. He's an old BA member, which is what he's referring to. Only 426 pages late lol...
    Yep, lol...
    Welcome new members

Credits:
    - Banner to JhenMohranMH3

RIP Survival Island, you were the best <3

I'm not sure I can afford a third Ghost weakness.
    Meh, OK. Tenta then, it has Toxic Spikes as well as spin

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

So, question.

tentacruel is better in the ou metagame.

Would suggest PM, but they're set to war TA next. How about manifest destiny when they get their war with sentient dragons wrapped up? Outside of those three, I don't really see any clan's that are active on the war-front and that would make for an interesting fight.
    We are working on the war situation. That is all.

I think we PM'd MD. PM is pretty inactive sometimes. Plus, we're more just looking for any war so that we can war TA again. Interesting isn't a factor..
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only waiting for war requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    i vote we get panicles to reopen PR and war them
    beat jhen 2-1 in gigas tour
    Yeah just get him and his 2 friends to make a war team.
    Seriously?? Because I would not believe that.

I'll just leave that there. I know you said possibly, I was just saying it's not even slightly broken

Even then...what?? But yes, about 90% of them are Scarf sets, that doesn't mean it's not broken there. With the movepool it gets along with stats/ability/typing, it's just a monster in the right hands

Ladder more/higher. Yes Dexoys-D is pretty much a suicide lead, but it guarantees at least 1 layer of hazards up. Red Card/Taunt can be run to avoid being set up fodder. Fire Gem + HP Fire I mentioned. Electric Gem + Tbolt to beat Starmie. Superpower to beat Ttar. Magic Coat to beat opposing hazard leads and taunts. Skill Swap to troll over Magic Bouncers. Rocky Helmet to mess up Physical Attackers. Tanga Berry to give it another chance at Gene/Scizor. If you seriously don't think Dexoys-D doesn't deserve a test ban at least, you're not playing enough/good enough opponents
    No. Star Wars was hugely popular at the time it came out because it was a completely innovative idea (unlike Disney today) with revolutionary special effects, the likes of which had never been seen before. By now, there have been so many spin-offs, books, and games so that Star Wars isn't quite as special as it was back then.
    Plus, the series ended. It would be like adding a book eight to the Harry Potter series or something.

While this is true, Abomasnow still can do a lot in the right hands. People just don't like it's ability (ironically enough) since it ruins teams that aren't completely made of Ice types. Its stats also kind of veer people away from using it, even though it can do a ton of damage if used correctly (so not as a suicide lead is what I'm saying).
    Plus, it needs a better ability than Soundproof. That's just a stupid gimmick ability.

Terrachomp? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that...
    You really can't make a case for defending broken pokes unless you battle the top end of the ladder where the people are abusing them. Of course the people lower down aren't going to be using them to their full potential. That's the difference between validity of opinion, what you see may be abuse of pokes or just noobs trying to use them
    Jirachi seems to fit well, Jelly would be good too since Rain boosted water attacks can take their toll on Rachi
    I've also noticed a change around the 1350 mark, and then another (more subtle) one around 1500. That's why I made the statement I did. As for your last comment, I agree. At the 1450-1500 stage, pretty much every game I've had has come down to the wire and the result was almost always due to one person getting luckier than another or that one key play.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    What's a combo counter to Mamoswine and specially based Rock Polish Landorus? would Cm Latios work?
    God knows Focus Blast will miss at the worst time.

Gyarados is a good one too. Unless your opponents Icicle Crash decides to crit you even after Intimidate...

CM Latios is a good check, but it cannot switch right in on an Icicle Crash/Spear
    Tourmaline and Amethyst have plenty of members right now, so I'll put you into Zircon
    Welcome to the clan!
    On competetive.
    Deo D is one of the best tools in my arsenal.
    All of my teams can deal with almost any sect set, you need to higher up when it is about bluffing>scarfing.
    metagross is meh.
    tornadus-T i would be glad to see go.
    mamo is not a solid counter to latios, weaville with sash could be (pursuit, faster etc)
    latias>latios in calm mind, esp vs special landorus and mamo, as recover+natural bulk. can take 2 hp ices from modest LO rock polish.
    tentacruel is better in the ou metagame.
    It has speed, thats its edge.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

so what can i do here? anyone do wifi battles?

so what can i do here? anyone do wifi battles?
    I do wifi battles.

Credit to me

...................... hello drizzle.........
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Page 341 of 421 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391 ... LastLast