Page 347 of 421 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    If that's the case, coming and leaving to a completely different clan won't help either. Clans require commitment, and therefore a lot of thought before committing to one. Just joining because, hey why not, is a pretty bad reason if you plan to leave because you had no idea what the clan really was (when they could have read about it in the OP)
    I have to say, I agree with this completely: It gets incredibly frustrating to see someone join the clan for a few hours and then leave...
    If you dont plan on staying for at least a week, dont plan on joining.

Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

latias can usually set up screens well, and if you set up reflect first, then you cant even be pursuit trapped unless you are at really low health, like 30% i think.

i wouldn't recommend it, but its a great way to set up for a set-up pokemon, and a common one to use is rhyperior, who has solid rock to take even STAB boosted h-pumps if screens are up. i think....

again, i dont personally like screens, but can be very effective. but, i prefer to just straight up set up than set up for my setup, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    Alright, question time. Is a screen team still useable nowadays? If so, I want opinions on who is the best at playing the "screener" role on teams.
    Yep, Mamoswine can do it.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    ....i dont get this....

mamoswine cannot set up screens, nor does he really benefit at all from them. he really doesnt set up, except maybe rocks. I dont get what you are saying....

basically, any pokemon that is super-offensive and sets up to counter half the metagame is great in tandem with a screener. landorus-i, its special rock polish set, is just such an example.

I see you've never met Jonah...

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    ....i dont get this....

mamoswine cannot set up screens, nor does he really benefit at all from them. he really doesnt set up, except maybe rocks. I dont get what you are saying....

basically, any pokemon that is super-offensive and sets up to counter half the metagame is great in tandem with a screener. landorus-i, its special rock polish set, is just such an example.
    Oh yeah, we had this one PO discussion where we discovered that Mamo could do dual screens. You had to be there.
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Credit to Atari!
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Oh yeah, we had this one PO discussion where we discovered that Mamo could do dual screens. You had to be there.
    Clearly. Care to explain regardless? I'm really curious.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    Alright, question time. Is a screen team still useable nowadays? If so, I want opinions on who is the best at playing the "screener" role on teams.
    Xatu is pretty kewl since it has Roost and a slow U-Turn meaning you can often get switch advantage when your opp switches or bring something in safely since Xatu will take the hit.

latias can usually set up screens well, and if you set up reflect first, then you cant even be pursuit trapped unless you are at really low health, like 30% i think.

i wouldn't recommend it, but its a great way to set up for a set-up pokemon, and a common one to use is rhyperior, who has solid rock to take even STAB boosted h-pumps if screens are up. i think....

again, i dont personally like screens, but can be very effective. but, i prefer to just straight up set up than set up for my setup, lol.
    Um, maybe from something like Horsea

252 SpAtk Horsea (+SpAtk) Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Rhyperior: 56.91% - 67.28% (2 hits to KO)

Thats with Solid Rock and behind a Light Screen. Then again Horsea is a beast, Usatoday and I know...

-.-

....i dont get this....

Don't worry, he's trolling on me

i would say bronzong is the best screener as it often has the chance to up screens twice... best dd'er= crawdaunt

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

Anyone up for a Wi-fi or PO battle?
    3DS FC: 4656-6673-5632.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenPhoenix96 View Post
    Anyone up for a Wi-fi or PO battle?
    Not an admin, but I'll spare them the trouble. It's been stated before that the best way to find battles is by simply going to the CG channel. Believe it's also stated in one of the OP's. As for best DD'ers, if we're talking lower tiers, Scrafty and Kingdra.
    Last edited by Psilo; 3rd November 2012 at 9:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Not an admin, but I'll spare them the trouble. It's been stated before that the best way to find battles is by simply going to the CG channel. Believe it's also stated in one of the OP's.
    I know, but I forgot how to go to the CG channel, lol.
    Last edited by FrozenPhoenix96; 3rd November 2012 at 10:20 AM.

Your House: emerald
    Opponent's House: amethyst
    Opponent's Name: Jazz Hands
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 1-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 38
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 35
    Any improvements for opponent: make sure you know how much damage you're dealing XD
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: ridiculosuly close, Only 82 hp on my last pokemon

Your House:emerald
    Opponent's House: tourmaline
    Opponent's Name: FozenPhoenix
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 5-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 40
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 20-30 Yes, It's a large range, But I didn't see him play enough to tell
    Any improvements for opponent: Get something to stop genesect, like a heatran or sumthin
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: srsly, get something to stop gene
    Last edited by joepotatoe; 3rd November 2012 at 4:43 PM.

KNEEEEL!!

Soulsilver FC: 1936 2631 4750
    White FC: 0476 4493 5094

Check Out My Awesome All-New Trade shop!

Credit to Cyrius for the AWESOME Userbar c:

I know, but I forgot how to go to the CG channel, lol.
    I know it now, thanks to Spiderman123.
    Thanks Spidey!

Your House: Amethyst
    Opponent's House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's Name: FrozenPhoenix96
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 6-0
    Rate your performance out of 50:
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50:
    Any improvements for opponent:
    Any thing else worth mentioning?:

On an unrelated note, we may need to start another round of tutoring...

Best screener for me is genesect it gets u turn and forces so many switches bring it in on espeon then set up screens so nice to do

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

This is a cool clan!!!
    I like it here, I have fun, I have friends, etc.
    I stay here in this clan.

This is a cool clan!!!
    I like it here, I have fun, I have friends, etc.
    I stay here in this clan.
    Good to hear that
    Anyone tried Rachi as 2x screener? i tried once lol...and yes..mamo can learn screens, weird no? .-.
    But azelf does dat job pretty cool if its HO team, i dunno if not, but perhaps latias better

Credits:
    - Banner to JhenMohranMH3

RIP Survival Island, you were the best <3

Po crashed .... and what do people think of life orb tank latias

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman123 View Post
    Very Very Very coooool, works pretty well

Credits:
    - Banner to JhenMohranMH3

RIP Survival Island, you were the best <3

RANDOM MOVESET OF THE WEEK

I'm bringing back the animated sprites, cuz I said I'd do that and then only did it with Emolga. Anyway, this one goes out to my main 'mon Raticate!

@Focus Sash
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Guts
    -Counter
    -Reversal
    -Endeavor
    -Quick Attack/Sucker Punch

Survive a powerful physical attack, then Counter it back. Once you're at low HP, use Reversal or Endeavor depending on what works better against the opponent you're facing. Quick Attack finishes off weakened foes while Sucker Punch is reserved for Ghosts.
    Credit to Atari!

RANDOM MOVESET OF THE WEEK

I'm bringing back the animated sprites, cuz I said I'd do that and then only did it with Emolga. Anyway, this one goes out to my main 'mon Raticate!

@Focus Sash
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Guts
    -Counter
    -Reversal
    -Endeavor
    -Quick Attack/Sucker Punch

Survive a powerful physical attack, then Counter it back. Once you're at low HP, use Reversal or Endeavor depending on what works better against the opponent you're facing. Quick Attack finishes off weakened foes while Sucker Punch is reserved for Ghosts.
    Improvement of the moveset: No counter!
    Just use endeveaur in the first turn, because you get KO'd in one hit, but focus shash got you to one hp, so you do endevor, so the enemy is at 1 HP as well.
    Then use Quick Attack.
    It;s a ghost type? Then use sucker punch.

Improvement of the moveset: No counter!
    Just use endeveaur in the first turn, because you get KO'd in one hit, but focus shash got you to one hp, so you do endevor, so the enemy is at 1 HP as well.
    Then use Quick Attack.
    It;s a ghost type? Then use sucker punch.
    BRO. Yes Counter. It's a gimmick, sure, but if you're MASTERFUL AT PREDICTION you can pull it off.
    Credit to Atari!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman123 View Post
    Never used it myself but when i see it in action it does quite well

Battle Of The Day

Same Hail Team Abomasnow Wrecked This Poor Dude

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

dual screeners, it depends if you want streght or suprise. mamo, genesect and virizion all get screens, and nobody sees it coming. then there is espeon, xatu, mew, bronzong and azelf are more common for speed/bulk. It depednds on teh team, as sometimes you wantU turn on them, sometimes rocks, sometimes bulk.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Page 347 of 421 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397 ... LastLast