Page 357 of 421 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    Mewtwo has to rely on Focus Miss to take out Tyranitar, unless he's got Calm Mind boosts. Scarfed Dialga easily OHKO's Palkia with Draco Meteor. Rayquaza is annoying after a couple Dragon Dances though, but Skarmory does a pretty good job forcing it out unless it carries Overheat/Fire Blast. Reshiram's mortal enemy is Kyogre.
    Mewtwo gets aura sphere, none of the counters you mentioned can switch in safely and skarm gets ohko by v create/fire blast which all rayquazas have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    Mewtwo has to rely on Focus Miss to take out Tyranitar, unless he's got Calm Mind boosts. Scarfed Dialga easily OHKO's Palkia with Draco Meteor. Rayquaza is annoying after a couple Dragon Dances though, but Skarmory does a pretty good job forcing it out unless it carries Overheat/Fire Blast. Reshiram's mortal enemy is Kyogre.
    doesnt it learn aura sphere?....

and revamping ou? well...its fine as it is i guess. ou isnt just rain offense and hyper offense as you say. lavos spawn sun teams and their hybrid offspring are fairly successful as well. sand(i forget if you mentioned it) but it got a great boost as well, in rough skin garchomp being back, and genesect, as well as sand rush stoutland. it performs just fine. in fact, the only type of battling id say isn't good anymore is any version of stall, just due to the new power in b/w2, the set-up potentials, and just....sheer force of 'mons.

Okay, Fios died again, so I disappeared. But my power's back now, so I'm serious this time.

Hmm, for the whole OU being unbalanced. Totally agree, offensive Rain and Sand is all I ever see with the occasional Sun team which utilises Volt turn + Duggy. Sure there are a few good Stall and Baton Pass teams, but overall the majority of teams are Rain or Sand, usually HO, offensive or balanced. As far as revamping the entire meta...well you can't actually do that. You have to make small changes at a time which is what happens with suspect testing. Moving things up and down from Ubers is really the only way you can change the tier, and IMO it's time for some things to head up.

As for Ubers vs OU as metagames, I'd have to say that Ubers is a hella lot more balanced then OU right now. I'd prefer to play Ubers as almost every monster there can be Countered by the appropriate monster. If not countered then checked, but checks seem like a more accepted way or dealing with Ubers since it has a different pace and feel to the meta opposed to OU, which should ideally be the most balanced meta

I'm not sure if I would rather hear about a fiery debate about Politics or Metagame changes less -___-

To make this not spammy. What would be a good third poke to tac onto a Magnezone/Gyarados Core?
    Evicted From Home = Retired

oh boy, complaining about the metagame
    i have to disagree as sand offensive is viable, but is raped by rain, it really has no push to use it as the sand rush sweepers fall to scarfed keldeo, a staple on rain teams, landorus`s special form outshines his physical form, terra is viable everywhere, finally, the ban of sand veil cut the last of the solid sand sweepers, hell garchomp tends to work better on weatherless then sand, while rain has gain offensive behemoths like genesect, tornadus and thundurus therian, keldeo, new defensive poke in amoongus. Sand seems to really have gotten screwed by bw2, even sun has made off better, giga drain volcarona, landorus therian, giga drain saur, and the newest member, kyurem black(he is a beast at beating toed)
    Basically, the metagame is stale with rain offensive, deoxys-d HO, and sand offensive, which is basically genesect with sand support

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Plus, OU has always been this way, with five or six types of teams dominating and the rest being left in the dust.
    Actually, stall, which used to work well, was weakened by BW and demolished by BW2. Balance or rain teams are the closest you can come to using stall teams.

nicely put.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I personally go for balanced offense, because I don't have the patience to use defensive mons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
    Actually, stall, which used to work well, was weakened by BW and demolished by BW2. Balance or rain teams are the closest you can come to using stall teams.
    I didn't really specify stall being one of the ones that wasn't dominating .__.
    But it's true, before the new 5th gen games, stall was everywhere and was hugely successful. The new games brought the ever-annoying Landorus, Tornadus, and Thunderus new forms and released to deadly pokemon, Genesect and Keldeo.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Your House: Tourmaline
    Opponent's House: Emerald
    Opponent's Name: ShinyTaiFood
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: win 4-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 35
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 30
    Any improvements for opponent: Could've utilized a priority move to stop a sweep, but neglected to.
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Nope

Opponent's Name: ShinyTaiFood
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: win 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 35
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 35
    Any improvements for opponent: Want to note that he was at a slight situational disadvantage, but there were some double-switches he could've pulled to steal my momentum and come out on top. All in all, you played well though Tai
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Nope

Opponent's House: Zircon
    Opponent's Name: TMS
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: win 2-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 38
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 35
    Any improvements for opponent:
    Any thing else worth mentioning?:
    Last edited by Psilo; 7th November 2012 at 3:31 AM.

explain to me how landorus-t is "annoying." if anything, i say the incarnate form is much more deadly, just because of its abilities. lando-t is too....underwhelming.

Your House: Zircon
    Opponent's Name: sushi_noodles
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 40
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 40
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Opponent's Name: sushi_noodles
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 2-0
    Any improvements for opponent: Nope
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Really well played game on both sides, came down to a couple tough predictions. His parents came in and almost timed him out too lol

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Opponent's Name: JoePotatoe
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: win 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    I'm not sure if I would rather hear about a fiery debate about Politics or Metagame changes less -___-

To make this not spammy. What would be a good third poke to tac onto a Magnezone/Gyarados Core?
    In politics, everyone is wrong, so stick to listening about the metagame.

Oh, Politoed is a good one. Gyarados would love the extra power to help it keep up with the more powerful dragon dancers like D-nite.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    explain to me how landorus-t is "annoying." if anything, i say the incarnate form is much more deadly, just because of its abilities. lando-t is too....underwhelming.
    Incarnate form actually hits harder because of it's ability...
    Last edited by Zachmac; 7th November 2012 at 4:48 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Incarnate form actually hits harder because of it's ability...
    I think that's what he said.

I didn't really specify stall being one of the ones that wasn't dominating .__.
    But it's true, before the new 5th gen games, stall was everywhere and was hugely successful. The new games brought the ever-annoying Landorus, Tornadus, and Thunderus new forms and released to deadly pokemon, Genesect and Keldeo.
    Stall was barely viable in BW1 with very few teams/players pulling it off successfully. BW2 destroyed it with a huge power creep and pokes that can hit amazingly hard on both sides (Gene, Keldeo, Tornadus-T, which you all mentioned). As far as stall goes, not really usable consistently since gen 4

Physical Wall anyone?? Being a solid counter to Terrakion is nothing to scoff at. 145(140?) Atk gives amazing offensive presence too, even uninvested it's still crazy high. I will agree that Landy-I far outshines it's counterpart though as far as offence goes, but they're 2 very different pokes, used for different roles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    I think that's what he said.
    Yeah, I know. I was just trying to make it more specific.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

The score means whether or not you won the battle, and how many pokemon were left on each side. For example, let's say Prohawk and I were battling and he beat me with 3 pokemon left alive for him. My score would be: Loss 0-3 (or something like that)
    I beat him 5-0 if that's relevant at all.
    Well, it's countered by more things than Landorus-I, but other than that it is very good and will destroy unprepared teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Yep they have, and it will have pretty much no impact on the metagame as we already know from PO. I wish they'd get around to testing the things that actually are broken in OU...
    So many things, so little time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post

Politoed gives you waterfall boost, fire drops and thunder, or a dragon if you want to be more offensive(scarf moxie mence, DD dnite). Make sure you have stealth rocks!

On extreme killer arceus and ho-oh. I have always struggled with Ho-oh, but a new set I have been trying counters e killer arceus really well, arceus steel with max HP/40 def is not KO'd by +2 brick break or earthquake, and learns roar/will o wisp/recover. unless its life o rb earthquake or they have triple spikes, you can often drop a will o wisp, recover, and then roar as they try SD to +4 to try break you.

On OU and weather. Im having fun with some weather, Im not using genesect or terrakion and my tyranitar is dragon dance. Fit that in your every team is the same nonsense. Weather dominates, and yes I often run Deo D HO to counter it, but I run other teams that have neither. They are not as good. Just in my research, even in clear skies dropping deoxys-d can harm a team.

Stall is dying, but not dead. You just have to hope your opponent doesn't have an expert belt infernape or genesect, or a keldeo. But even they jellicent/heatran/chansey/skarm can block all day. pack a spinner and maybe a politoed and thats a solid team.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

BOTD
    This person had a really really weird team but I would like to personally thank gyarados you should try out the bulky set

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

you havent seen e use it :P
    his only advantage is his 145 base attack and intimidate which makes him a good support poke

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    BOTD
    This person had a really really weird team but I would like to personally thank gyarados you should try out the bulky set
    flame charge infernape is actually an interesting idea. warrants further investigation.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

i feel it waste a moveslot

Page 357 of 421 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407 ... LastLast