Page 359 of 421 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

Since we are talking about it. I'm glad to announce that I've finally started using a Rain team. I've always stayed away from weather because I didn't want a single factor like that to effect my gameplay. But I figured since everyone relied on it then it wouldn't make a difference. Thus far Virizion is the MVP. After Tornadus has left the room Virizion can single handidly take down the mirror.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    So my bad computer is being even baddererer today, so I can't really do much other than say random stuff. WHICH IS SPAM. So I won't.

As for the OU and Weather and Brokeness and Unbalancedness debate, I'm going to throw a Purrloin amongst the Pidoves by saying: There is too much weather, but this makes it balanced. Oooh. Controversial Carrots from Cairo. But yeah, everyone uses weather, so we get this "if you can't beat them, join them" thing, so we get a more balanced game. No-one has a weather advantage, hence it's more about skill, or, about team building, i.e. not building your team so you have a weather advantage. For example, a good weather team will have a back up plan, should you fail to 'Win the Weather War'.

Then again, I've never been to the top parts of the ladder (vertigo, innit) so I can't really say for sure in that regard.
    You have just succeeded in making a forum post more entertaining then an entire Douglas Adams book.

And I don't use weather that much. Which might be why I'm not very good.

|Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    This is why suspect testing is done by the people at the top end of the ladder. To be honest, yes it's a different metagame in the top 1000, it's a metagame of successful players and stratergys. The top end of the ladder is where the best teams, players, stratergys and broken stuff will inevitably end up. If you're saying you see Clear Skies all the time and your rating is 1200ish, no freaking wonder. Ladder rankings matter with the metagame, successful strats and teams are at the top while less successful ones don't get high.

But apparently all I did was waste my time because there are still people who will disagree with me, mainly because they can't get high enough on the ladder to see what I mean zzz
    i reject your logic as the best people rarely ladder cause the ladder sucks so much

On the subject of an unbalanced OU meta because of weather, I got to a peak of 4th on OU on showdown at the start of chomp meta (with dev of about 40, which shows it wasn't flukish, tho I don't ladder much more because the ladder is kinda hopeless) with the below weatherless team (even though I have a weather trapping heatran...). If you're looking for what I think is a good weatherless team with chomp meta, try it out - I cbf describing all the pokes, but nothing really needs explanation besides the nature of Magma Storm on heatran which prevents the opp from switching out.

Spoiler:- The Team:

Ceci n'est pas une Meloetta. Credit to JhenMohran for the banner, and prohawk for the userbars.

Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    I beat him 5-0 if that's relevant at all.
    It was for future reference is all.
    This is why suspect testing is done by the people at the top end of the ladder. To be honest, yes it's a different metagame in the top 1000, it's a metagame of successful players and stratergys. The top end of the ladder is where the best teams, players, stratergys and broken stuff will inevitably end up. If you're saying you see Clear Skies all the time and your rating is 1200ish, no freaking wonder. Ladder rankings matter with the metagame, successful strats and teams are at the top while less successful ones don't get high.

But apparently all I did was waste my time because there are still people who will disagree with me, mainly because they can't get high enough on the ladder to see what I mean zzz
    *strategies. You had an extra "r".
    And like everyone you said, the metagame is different farther down the ladder. The battles there aren't any less legit, just because people aren't quite as good. They still battle, regardless. And frankly, it's more fun lower in the ladder, as you don't see the same freaking thing more than once or twice. At least, team and strategy wise (not like in the 1500s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaboost View Post
    On the subject of an unbalanced OU meta because of weather, I got to a peak of 4th on OU on showdown at the start of chomp meta (with dev of about 40, which shows it wasn't flukish, tho I don't ladder much more because the ladder is kinda hopeless) with the below weatherless team (even though I have a weather trapping heatran...). If you're looking for what I think is a good weatherless team with chomp meta, try it out - I cbf describing all the pokes, but nothing really needs explanation besides the nature of Magma Storm on heatran which prevents the opp from switching out.

Impressive. Of course, anyone can use this team, but few will be truly successful.
    Anyway, Heatran is surprisingly gimmicky to me, but if it works, it works. I also haven't seen Reuniclus in who-knows how long.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Physical Wall anyone?? Being a solid counter to Terrakion is nothing to scoff at. 145(140?) Atk gives amazing offensive presence too, even uninvested it's still crazy high. I will agree that Landy-I far outshines it's counterpart though as far as offence goes, but they're 2 very different pokes, used for different roles.
    I do agree about most of this, but...Landorus Therian and Incarnate are literally the SAME EXACT POKEMON, just with different stats. You literally can not say that they're two different 'mons. Two different roles, sure. But two different 'mons? That's a stretch at best.
    /rant

Also, if Stall is unviable, then does that make me awesome? Because my team is mostly stall (mostly), and I can usually pull out more wins than losses on the rare occasion that I actually battle.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    It was for future reference is all.

*strategies. You had an extra "r".
    And like everyone you said, the metagame is different farther down the ladder. The battles there aren't any less legit, just because people aren't quite as good. They still battle, regardless. And frankly, it's more fun lower in the ladder, as you don't see the same freaking thing more than once or twice. At least, team and strategy wise (not like in the 1500s)

Impressive. Of course, anyone can use this team, but few will be truly successful.
    Anyway, Heatran is surprisingly gimmicky to me, but if it works, it works. I also haven't seen Reuniclus in who-knows how long.
    Those two paragraphs do not reconcile... at all. Also, thanks for the feedback, but one might also say that smashpass is gimmicky - but believe me, weather trapping is hugely useful against lots of teams, and the psychological advantage is great. Between reuniclus and heatran, if I don't misplay generally rain-reliant teams are done after politoed is eliminated. I tried sub/cm and refresh/cm latias over reuniclus in that slot, but latias's dragon typing proved to be a huge problem, and the extra coverage is great without having to play around with subs etc because of magic guard.
    Last edited by gigaboost; 8th November 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Ceci n'est pas une Meloetta. Credit to JhenMohran for the banner, and prohawk for the userbars.

Just checking in. It looks like Eagle + Rhonder need to get their battle done so Giga can face his opponent and then one of the two face me. o:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    So my bad computer is being even baddererer today, so I can't really do much other than say random stuff. WHICH IS SPAM. So I won't.

As for the OU and Weather and Brokeness and Unbalancedness debate, I'm going to throw a Purrloin amongst the Pidoves by saying: There is too much weather, but this makes it balanced. Oooh. Controversial Carrots from Cairo. But yeah, everyone uses weather, so we get this "if you can't beat them, join them" thing, so we get a more balanced game. No-one has a weather advantage, hence it's more about skill, or, about team building, i.e. not building your team so you have a weather advantage. For example, a good weather team will have a back up plan, should you fail to 'Win the Weather War'.

Then again, I've never been to the top parts of the ladder (vertigo, innit) so I can't really say for sure in that regard.
    You can get away with saying that in Ubers, but OU is meant to be a balanced tier. When only a handful of strats are viable, you can hardly call it balanced

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    i reject your logic as the best people rarely ladder cause the ladder sucks so much
    Well if they don't ladder either on the main ladder or the suspect ladder then the metagame moves past them and they're no longer the best. You can't be the best without keeping up with the meta, and theorymon is not enough. You need to play, whether it's on the ladder, in tours or just battling other people who do ladder. And even then, people who are at the top of the ladder are usually on par with those people

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    I do agree about most of this, but...Landorus Therian and Incarnate are literally the SAME EXACT POKEMON, just with different stats. You literally can not say that they're two different 'mons. Two different roles, sure. But two different 'mons? That's a stretch at best.
    /rant

Also, if Stall is unviable, then does that make me awesome? Because my team is mostly stall (mostly), and I can usually pull out more wins than losses on the rare occasion that I actually battle.
    Flying/Ground typing is literally all they have in common. Landorus-I is primarily a special attacker, Landorus-T is usually a Physical Tank or a Scarfer. For the purpose of comparison, you can pretty much say they're 2 different pokes

Also just having more win vs losses doesn't make the team good. 6 wins vs 5 losses hardly counts as good in my book. If it were like 20 wins and 2 losses, then I'd say it's good

Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    Just checking in. It looks like Eagle + Rhonder need to get their battle done so Giga can face his opponent and then one of the two face me. o:
    Indeed... I've been busy with school catch up since I've recently been sick, but I'll try to get on that asap ;D I'm also wanting to play around with some edits to my team... but if I don't get around to that no biggie. I'll try and get it done by friday evening if possible.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

One thing: If you didn't manage to get rocks up, Sash Cloyster sweeps you.
    As you and I know

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by legolover8 View Post
    One thing: If you didn't manage to get rocks up, Sash Cloyster sweeps you.
    As you and I know
    And provided I've lost rotom or it gets flinched with kings rock (man that made me so mad). Lucky no one ever uses cloyster, ay

We will be at war some point later, thread going up later today when approved.

And D-bray gets 400 RP from his test game(s)
    Last edited by Magicmonkey; 8th November 2012 at 8:07 AM.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

BOTD
    This is how you destroy a rain team

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    We will be at war some point later, thread going up later today when approved.

And D-bray gets 400 RP from his test game(s)
    Cooltastic a war.
    And I would have thought that D-Bray had already gotten his test match. Huh.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    BOTD
    This is how you destroy a rain team
    nice battle. i very much enjoyed seeing mixed meta. but why do you always show the battle from the foe's view?

EDIT: speaking of meta, could you give me the set? i've looking for a way to get him to fit into my teams.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Is it me, or does not that much happen round here anymore. Since I was last one, there's been like, 10 posts...

Ice Cold Fire

And provided I've lost rotom or it gets flinched with kings rock (man that made me so mad). Lucky no one ever uses cloyster, ay
    I use Cloyster, but I find White Herb to be generally superior to Focus Sash on my team, because it stops people from revenge-killing me with Scizor or other random priorities thanks to Cloyster's base 180 defence.

Also, Usatoday, can you share that mixed meta set? =3 I've been meaning to try one for a while but I can't find one that works.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 8th November 2012 at 7:27 PM.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Hi Guys,

A quick notice about a new award, called "The Golden Pokeball" which available in the World Cup. See it's section in the post, just above Stratagems, for more more details.

Also, a reminder that all World Cup Teams must be submitted by Sunday (9pm GMT) and Stratagems must also be sorted by then too.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    nice battle. i very much enjoyed seeing mixed meta. but why do you always show the battle from the foe's view?

EDIT: speaking of meta, could you give me the set? i've looking for a way to get him to fit into my teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    I use Cloyster, but I find White Herb to be generally superior to Focus Sash on my team, because it stops people from revenge-killing me with Scizor or other random priorities thanks to Cloyster's base 180 defence.

Also, Usatoday, can you share that mixed meta set? =3 I've been meaning to try one for a while but I can't find one that works.
    Sure Thing

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Nature Quiet
    Ability Clear Body
    Evs 4 HP 252 Atk 252 SAtk
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Hidden Power (Ice / Electric)
    Psychic

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

(20:52:38) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 2123/103709 [1208 points / 97 battles]!

Yea, I dropped again next battle, but at least I've finally hit 1200.

Also, NEARLY 9000
    (12:12:14) [CG] S23S: mankey
    (12:12:22) [CG] S23S: stop sperming

(21:59:31) ShowMeTheMankey: religion is like a penis
    (21:59:47) ShowMeTheMankey: it's okay to have one but don't go swinging it around in public and shoving it down people's throats

(20:00:48) ShowMeTheMankey: Luigi is now on my hate list
    (20:00:52) ShowMeTheMankey: at the number 1 spot

(15:11:46) [CG]MZ: i dont suppose anyone has a bw2 ou team i can use?
    (15:12:17) ShowMeTheMankey: i'll sell you one
    (15:12:25) ShowMeTheMankey: price is
    (15:12:30) ShowMeTheMankey: slapping Luigi
    (15:12:31) ShowMeTheMankey: in the face
    (15:12:40) ShowMeTheMankey: y/n?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Hi Guys,

A quick notice about a new award, called "The Golden Pokeball" which available in the World Cup. See it's section in the post, just above Stratagems, for more more details.

Also, a reminder that all World Cup Teams must be submitted by Sunday (9pm GMT) and Stratagems must also be sorted by then too.
    As I can tell, it's not necessarily the winner of the tournament that wins the cup, but the person with the most points. Or rather, division with the most points. But is there a reward for first, second, and third in the tournament? If not, I recommend making an RP reward from getting first, second, or third. Or some sort of award.

I find we need to make teams of 5 for the world cup.
    Also, points for activity or someting, I've bin here pretty long, but I don't do on battles anymore (maybe once a month) but I want to rank up, too....

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    I find we need to make teams of 5 for the world cup.
    Also, points for activity or someting, I've bin here pretty long, but I don't do on battles anymore (maybe once a month) but I want to rank up, too....
    lolnope

10char

Okay, seriously, there may be other things coming, but battling is almost always involved. Cause pokemon.

opinions on genesect. broken or no?

discuss.

Page 359 of 421 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409 ... LastLast