Page 368 of 421 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

  1. #9176
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Serebii
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    No lol here I'll just show you the quote.





    What you said was a good reason, what he said, was not.
    What he's saying there is that while you sit there and boost your SpA and SpD, A Scarf Genesect, which are common on rain teams, will sneak up behind you and rape you with U-turn. And since U-turn is Physical, none of your boosting will effect it. You'll be forced to either switch and get rid of your boosts, or die. Which also happens to get rid of your boosts.


  2. #9177
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kei Konguki
    Posts
    417

    Default

    How does one go about countering Venusaur on an offensive team? It goes too fast and hits too hard for my team to handle. My best solution is Ice Fang... and it only does ~41% which it instantly heals off with Giga Drain.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

        Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

  3. #9178
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    How does one go about countering Venusaur on an offensive team? It goes too fast and hits too hard for my team to handle. My best solution is Ice Fang... and it only does ~41% which it instantly heals off with Giga Drain.
    Bullet Punch/Extreme Speed/Insomnia Honchkrow/Xatu with Psychic/Heatran

    Basically anything that isn't scared of Grass/Fire/Ice/Poison/Sleep Power. I realise the list isn't that big, but once something is asleep it's a lot easier to handle

  4. #9179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Remember me? Used to go by goomi
    Oh yeah! You were one of my clan mates back in the days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Yes, I remember you... But anyway, welcome to the Clan, glad to have you here. Citrine it is then! Though I would like some more members for Emerald, I felt I was somewhat limited when choosing my World Cup Team.

    Anyway, Decision Day for the 1st World Cup has started!
    Of cause you would, we even had a flaming war lol hahas well thanks anyway

    ♥ Neko Hanekawa ♥

    Banner & Userbar done by me =D


  5. #9180
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kei Konguki
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Bullet Punch/Extreme Speed/Insomnia Honchkrow/Xatu with Psychic/Heatran

    Basically anything that isn't scared of Grass/Fire/Ice/Poison/Sleep Power. I realise the list isn't that big, but once something is asleep it's a lot easier to handle
    Why is sleep an issue? But hmmmm Scizor looks like the best choice, BP and resists both stabs... Thanks for the help xD I'll try that out I think... or maybe Heatran, he seems like he'd be a nice choice as well.

    Edit:

    On a side note WOOT I managed to climb a solid 1000 points down the ladder... time to quit for tonight while I'm still ahead x___x
    Last edited by Rhonder; 12th November 2012 at 8:11 AM.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

        Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

  6. #9181
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cher Lloyd is yum
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    Why is sleep an issue? But hmmmm Scizor looks like the best choice, BP and resists both stabs... Thanks for the help xD I'll try that out I think... or maybe Heatran, he seems like he'd be a nice choice as well.
    Sleep is an issue because Venusaur can sleep powder your counter then proceed to set up on it

  7. #9182
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With Lucy and her diamonds
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    Gengar is so cute. One of the least threatening Pokémon out there. (:
    We'll see about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMankey View Post
    JOKING?!!?

    I TAKE IT BACK! :d

    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMankey View Post
    World cup in an hour and a half!?!?11!1?!!eleven1!/1!1

    ZOMG

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i think it was showmethemankey.
    It was meh -_-





    Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

  8. #9183
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    Why is sleep an issue? But hmmmm Scizor looks like the best choice, BP and resists both stabs... Thanks for the help xD I'll try that out I think... or maybe Heatran, he seems like he'd be a nice choice as well.

    Edit:

    On a side note WOOT I managed to climb a solid 1000 points down the ladder... time to quit for tonight while I'm still ahead x___x
    1000 or 100?

  9. #9184
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    So because one Pokemon, Genesect of all Pokemon, wrecks it, you're saying not to use it? Over half the meta game shouldn't be used then. Actually, only really Heatran should be used because Genesect wrecks everything. But then Heatran wrecks Gene so that means that Heatran should be the only Pokemon to be used ever.
    Its not just genesect. In rain people also use TORNADUS BLOODY THERIAN WHO WILL DESTROY ALL THE CELEBI'S EVER! Just saying. Scizor won't be killed by hp ice and in rain hp fire won't kill alot of variats unless you have a CM or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    No but his reasonings for not using Celebi was because Genesect uses U-turn. Which is a really dumb reason.
    Considering how popular scarf genesect is, its stopped me from using celebi any time I consider it. U turn being a move just makes celebi worthless to me, and there is tyranitar to think about.

    Quote Originally Posted by HyperLugia View Post
    Why is sleep an issue? But hmmmm Scizor looks like the best choice, BP and resists both stabs... Thanks for the help xD I'll try that out I think... or maybe Heatran, he seems like he'd be a nice choice as well.

    Edit:

    On a side note WOOT I managed to climb a solid 1000 points down the ladder... time to quit for tonight while I'm still ahead x___x
    Its in sun, and every venusaur ever has hp fire, even the sub seeders carry it normally. Specs heatran FTW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    1000 or 100?
    Over 9000.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.


  10. #9185

    Default

    Lol, made a smexy animated banner =3

    ♥ Neko Hanekawa ♥

    Banner & Userbar done by me =D


  11. #9186

    Default

    morning everyone. what's the best anti-weather kyurem-b set?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  12. #9187
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    morning everyone. what's the best anti-weather kyurem-b set?
    prohawk recommends specailly defensive with roost I think. try roost fusion bolt dragon claw filler, hp/spec def EV's? ice beam/hp fire/ earth power as the filler probably.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.


  13. #9188

    Default

    i was gonna try toxic, so he can be stall-ish.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  14. #9189
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i was gonna try toxic, so he can be stall-ish.
    probablynot worth it. Although dragon tail with stealth rocks up will probably hurt more than dragon claw to a team.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.


  15. #9190
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    934

    Default

    I'm going to be less and less online...

    1) Because I got too much friends, so I am mostly every day hanging out out with different groups.

    2) I got Xbox-Live back so I am going to play BO and BO II a LOT.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

  16. #9191
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    Simultaneous posts, Pick another division if possible, soper cares more about these things than I.
    I'm fine with him being in Amethyst, I just wanted to make sure everyone else is too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Yes, I remember you... But anyway, welcome to the Clan, glad to have you here. Citrine it is then! Though I would like some more members for Emerald, I felt I was somewhat limited when choosing my World Cup Team.

    Anyway, Decision Day for the 1st World Cup has started!
    Okey doke. Into Citrine it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    I'm going to be less and less online...

    1) Because I got too much friends, so I am mostly every day hanging out out with different groups.

    2) I got Xbox-Live back so I am going to play BO and BO II a LOT.
    Well, have fun.


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  17. #9192
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    19

    Default

    wow so much rmts ^^
    Celebi CM gets wreked (or somethin) easily in rain torn.t or gene or scizor (scarf? or just bulky) bug bite or u-turn as all of u said...basicly im not adding new stuff lol


    Credits:
    - Banner to JhenMohranMH3


    RIP Survival Island, you were the best <3

  18. #9193
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kei Konguki
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Sleep is an issue because Venusaur can sleep powder your counter then proceed to set up on it
    Oh, I guess I just never run into ones with Sleep Powder. nice to note though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    1000 or 100?
    1000 x__x 1160ish -> 1050ish

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    Its in sun, and every venusaur ever has hp fire, even the sub seeders carry it normally. Specs heatran FTW.
    Hmm good point. Would scarf Chandelure work to similar effect? I think it'd be kinda fun to use that over heatran xD
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

        Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

  19. #9194
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Too lazy to find Avicii's quote, but the problem with Celebi isn't that it is G-weak. Dragonite is G-weak an he is certainly still usable. So is Salamence. Celebi has the same problem that Hydregion has now and that Weavile had in DPPt: They have absolutely no options against the most popular Pokemon in the tier.
    Let's analyze two different scenarios:
    First, you have a Dragonite against their Scarf Genesect. They decide to Ice Beam and you switch to a resist. Boom, momentum, a chance to set up, whatever.
    Or, they U-turn and you stay in. You set up another Dragon Dance, and they fail to outspeed the next time they come in.

    Now lets see what happens with Celebi:
    They come in, use U-turn.
    You stay in, and die.
    You switch, and they hog all the momentum.

    Your only options with Celibi are to lose or lose more. Dragonite/Mence at least make it a 50-50 game against everyone's least favorite genetic abortion.

        Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:


    http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  20. #9195
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    Too lazy to find Avicii's quote, but the problem with Celebi isn't that it is G-weak. Dragonite is G-weak an he is certainly still usable. So is Salamence. Celebi has the same problem that Hydregion has now and that Weavile had in DPPt: They have absolutely no options against the most popular Pokemon in the tier.
    Let's analyze two different scenarios:
    First, you have a Dragonite against their Scarf Genesect. They decide to Ice Beam and you switch to a resist. Boom, momentum, a chance to set up, whatever.
    Or, they U-turn and you stay in. You set up another Dragon Dance, and they fail to outspeed the next time they come in.

    Now lets see what happens with Celebi:
    They come in, use U-turn.
    You stay in, and die.
    You switch, and they hog all the momentum.

    Your only options with Celibi are to lose or lose more. Dragonite/Mence at least make it a 50-50 game against everyone's least favorite genetic abortion.
    I wonder how UU celebi would fare... it's got a much better movepool than shaymin, but it misses that excellent seed flare



    Ceci n'est pas une Meloetta. Credit to JhenMohran for the banner, and prohawk for the userbars.

  21. #9196
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Excellent Work Mankey ...
    This win makes me post this, The tourmaline HoF points as they stand!
    Combat FRPL
    ND 2 5
    Mankey 8
    Super 13
    Lion 1
    Psilo 6

    I think this is all of them ... for those not happy look at the HoF points system stuff and complain for more (or some) points

    Push da button

  22. #9197
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In A Pine Grove
    Posts
    497

    Default

    So i have a double ear infection so I may not be that active tonight or tommorrow or wensday for that matter

    |||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

  23. #9198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    Excellent Work Mankey ...
    This win makes me post this, The tourmaline HoF points as they stand!
    Combat FRPL
    ND 2 5
    Mankey 8
    Super 13
    Lion 1
    Psilo 6

    I think this is all of them ... for those not happy look at the HoF points system stuff and complain for more (or some) points
    *Generic complaint* more HoF points plz whatever they are. Points means prizes.
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2vloeo9.jpg[/IMG]

  24. #9199
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Learning new Type Matchups
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Ok, guys, World Cup Battling has started, there will be NO extentions or anything, so get them organised and done!

    And can we please stop with the stupid gifs please, they are spam and I will start dishing out punishments if keeps continuing.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

    3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

    Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!



  25. #9200
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Ok, guys, World Cup Battling has started, there will be NO extentions or anything, so get them organised and done!

    And can we please stop with the stupid gifs please, they are spam and I will start dishing out punishments if keeps continuing.
    I disagree. I find mankey's gifs simply make his important notices or his ocmebacks more entertaining.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.


Page 368 of 421 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •