Page 415 of 421 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,375 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

So I was thinking, since this clan isn't really doing much, why don't we build a core (or even a team, I don't mind) together around a low-tier pokemon that we like? Maybe it could spark some discussion.

So I was thinking something around Zoroark, who has always been a favorite of mine and has a very interesting niche with Illusion and great stats.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Done

Synergy Time
    Illustrious Illusions

Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
    Nature Naive
    Ability Illusion
    Evs 4 Atk 252 SAtk 252 Spd
    Night Daze
    Focus Blast
    U-Turn
    Trick
    Say hello to one of the most mischievous pokemon ever created and it gets an ability that's one of the best ones to trick fool your opponent with. Night daze enables zoroark to get a nice stab and make the opponent what the heck is going on. Night daze hits ghost and psychic types that jellicent can't really handle such as celebi alakazam and gengar. Focus blast enables zoroark to hit tyranitar and terrakion and with the scarf can outspeed just about anything. U-Turn enables zoroark to scout what is happening on the oppponents end and keep the illusion that its a flygon. While trick enables zoroark to cripple pokemon that switch in to wall it such as ferrothorn.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Nature Bold
    Ability Water Absorb
    Evs 252 HP 220 Def 36 SDef
    Recover
    Scald
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Now jellicent is a pokemon many never really use and I dont know why it counters politoed and vaporeon really really well bar toxic. Toxic enables jellicent to cripple offensive pokemon that jellicent walls while scald gets a stab and helps to burn pokemon such as dragonite and haxorus or even the occasional lucario. Ice beam lets jellicent to hit dragons and donphan while we can recover stall them from toxic or burn. Now the reason why jellicent works really well with this core is the fact that it can take the ice attacks flygon doesn't like and also the bug and fighting attacks zoroark will hate while zoroark can bluff to be a jellicent and take out gengar who would stay in.

Flygon @ Lum Berry
    Nature Jolly
    Ability Levitate
    Evs 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
    Earthquake
    U-Turn
    Outrage
    Roost
    Say hello to flygon a dragon type often forgotten but it has a unique niche within this core as most flygon are scarf zoroark can lead and have flygon in the last slot to fool the opponent into thinking its a typical scarf flygon so when they switch to a counter you can switch up moves and fool them. Now we have earthquake to hit jirachi and heatran while outrage combine with lum berry has a very strong dragon stab. U-Turn allows flygon to continue to bluff a scarf or band set and finally we have roost which flygon quaintly gets which allows flygon to recover half of its health on the switch

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

@all the rating comments: Chill, guys; just saying that it was decent for someone highly unfamiliar with the current meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    So I was thinking, since this clan isn't really doing much, why don't we build a core (or even a team, I don't mind) together around a low-tier pokemon that we like? Maybe it could spark some discussion.

So I was thinking something around Zoroark, who has always been a favorite of mine and has a very interesting niche with Illusion and great stats.
    He's very fun with Shedinja, though they have to run around completely different team styles.

My biggest problem with competitive Pokemon is that I go on tilt WAY too easily, and can't get off it without sheer luck. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM.
    Last edited by OrbrunnerX; 5th January 2013 at 11:31 PM.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Honestly, the best way to use Zoroark is as a fear weapon. "Hey, wait, I won't use Psychic on that Conkeldurr because it's probably Zoroark, I'll switch to something that counters Zoroark." By the time you've sorted the mess out, Conkeldurr is at +2/+2. If you're one of those people who's really good with predictions and messing with your opponent's mind like that, then that's the way to go. As for the actual set itself, I'd run Nasty Plot, though it largely depends on what your team needs. Still, I find that on the competitive scale, Illusion, and hence, Zoroark really isn't that useful. For example, if Stealth Rock is down, Zoroark instantly loses the ability to disguise itself as something that takes different SR damage from it. I'm actually, finally, thinking of starting Pokémon of the Week. Zoroark could be an interesting first choice. Creative sets, anyone?

Finally, there's only a day left to get votes in for what happens with Zircon, make sure you don't miss out!

Oh and a note to ND to put me in for the tournament if he hasn't already, I did mention it I think...
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post
    Done

Synergy Time
    Illustrious Illusions

Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
    Nature Naive
    Ability Illusion
    Evs 4 Atk 252 SAtk 252 Spd
    Night Daze
    Focus Blast
    U-Turn
    Trick
    Say hello to one of the most mischievous pokemon ever created and it gets an ability that's one of the best ones to trick fool your opponent with. Night daze enables zoroark to get a nice stab and make the opponent what the heck is going on. Night daze hits ghost and psychic types that jellicent can't really handle such as celebi alakazam and gengar. Focus blast enables zoroark to hit tyranitar and terrakion and with the scarf can outspeed just about anything. U-Turn enables zoroark to scout what is happening on the oppponents end and keep the illusion that its a flygon. While trick enables zoroark to cripple pokemon that switch in to wall it such as ferrothorn.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Nature Bold
    Ability Water Absorb
    Evs 252 HP 220 Def 36 SDef
    Recover
    Scald
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Now jellicent is a pokemon many never really use and I dont know why it counters politoed and vaporeon really really well bar toxic. Toxic enables jellicent to cripple offensive pokemon that jellicent walls while scald gets a stab and helps to burn pokemon such as dragonite and haxorus or even the occasional lucario. Ice beam lets jellicent to hit dragons and donphan while we can recover stall them from toxic or burn. Now the reason why jellicent works really well with this core is the fact that it can take the ice attacks flygon doesn't like and also the bug and fighting attacks zoroark will hate while zoroark can bluff to be a jellicent and take out gengar who would stay in.

Flygon @ Lum Berry
    Nature Jolly
    Ability Levitate
    Evs 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
    Earthquake
    U-Turn
    Outrage
    Roost
    Say hello to flygon a dragon type often forgotten but it has a unique niche within this core as most flygon are scarf zoroark can lead and have flygon in the last slot to fool the opponent into thinking its a typical scarf flygon so when they switch to a counter you can switch up moves and fool them. Now we have earthquake to hit jirachi and heatran while outrage combine with lum berry has a very strong dragon stab. U-Turn allows flygon to continue to bluff a scarf or band set and finally we have roost which flygon quaintly gets which allows flygon to recover half of its health on the switch
    Haha, thanks for defeating the purpose of my post xP

Anyway, the core looks solid. The only thing is, once people realize Flygon isn't scarfed, you're a bit screwed. I can't really think of anything else because I need to go now. Il rate more a bit later.
    Good job tho.
    EDIT: Flygon is generally Scarfed for a reason. His stats won't let him live otherwise, especially with how fast the OU metagame is. Scarf is kind of a necessity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Honestly, the best way to use Zoroark is as a fear weapon. "Hey, wait, I won't use Psychic on that Conkeldurr because it's probably Zoroark, I'll switch to something that counters Zoroark." By the time you've sorted the mess out, Conkeldurr is at +2/+2. If you're one of those people who's really good with predictions and messing with your opponent's mind like that, then that's the way to go. As for the actual set itself, I'd run Nasty Plot, though it largely depends on what your team needs. Still, I find that on the competitive scale, Illusion, and hence, Zoroark really isn't that useful. For example, if Stealth Rock is down, Zoroark instantly loses the ability to disguise itself as something that takes different SR damage from it. I'm actually, finally, thinking of starting Pokémon of the Week. Zoroark could be an interesting first choice. Creative sets, anyone?
    First of all, there's always physical Zoroark
    The other thing is, pokemon is almost completely prediction and confidence in your moves. Zoroark just makes it more interesting (at least imo).
    As for the whole SR thing, I often fight people who forget I have an Air Balloon on my pokemon, the turn after I send it out. I wouldn't be too worried.
    Last edited by Soperman; 6th January 2013 at 1:41 AM.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Finally, there's only a day left to get votes in for what happens with Zircon, make sure you don't miss out!

Oh and a note to ND to put me in for the tournament if he hasn't already, I did mention it I think...
    Yeah Zoroark totally plays off of the whole psychological part of battling. In fact for the past week or so I have been running Zoroark a lot. Youd be surprised how easy it has been for me to bait the Psychic or for my opponent to leave in a Pokemon they shouldnt thinking theyre up against Mienshao. I mean I think with Zoroark it really comes down to taking an educated guess and hoping youre right haha.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    Yeah Zoroark totally plays off of the whole psychological part of battling. In fact for the past week or so I have been running Zoroark a lot. Youd be surprised how easy it has been for me to bait the Psychic or for my opponent to leave in a Pokemon they shouldnt thinking theyre up against Mienshao. I mean I think with Zoroark it really comes down to taking an educated guess and hoping youre right haha.
    I like using him alongside something that has similar setup, but totally different weaknesses. Example: Scizor/Mienshao (Swords Dance).
    Most Nasty Plot users share a Bug or Fighting weakness with him, but that can be useful too.

This fakes the opponent out for an extra turn or so, which is often all you need.
    Bonus points for actually having the same setup move on your illusion's mon.

You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”

H] thinking of starting Pokémon of the Week. Zoroark could be an interesting first choice. Creative sets, anyone?
    My time to shine.

So, this works excellently with anything that runs best with a physical set, but can run a nice Special set aswell. This is a great way to psyche experienced people out, nd I'm not sure how many of you I have used it on, but has been one of my strategies since my BA days, I think either my RU or UU team utilizes it currently. So anyway, the trick is to get a physical zoroark, with atleast one move that the regularly physical, but now special attacker can run effectively. Then you make sure they an see you have a zoroark, potentially with something very likely to be disguised as Zoroark because it is to good to pass up using a psychic type on, ie: Toxicroak or something more likely to be used by the saner folk. Also make sure your special attacker has either Dark pulse or flamethrower fo this to be most effective. The opponent will assume that it is Zoroark, thus sending out a special wall or the opposite way around and a physical wall, whichever way it happens, that is your oppurtunity, switch from the psychic bait to either Zoroark or your Regularly Physical Special Attacker (RPSA?) and kill their wall, or if they send out something to get rid of zoroark switch to the real deal, if it's something to get rid of the real deal, Zoroark's turn for a swap in.

^Ignore how difficult of a way that was to say Psyche them out by using a physically attacking Zoroark disguised as a Physical attacker who currently has special moves to make him seem like Zoroark. A good set for this is

-Swagger
    -Foul Play
    -Low Sweep
    -U-Turn

And of course Adamant/Jolly 252-252-4 or whatever good battlers use as a spread for Zoroark.

Is this helpful at all? Should I go back to my corner?
    Author of the Fusion fic, The Coming War (which has recently been abandoned as the last update was a year ago) sorry y'all

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12/Crystalline guard
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I simply can't get rid of my starter, I'm always too attached to it. Besides many of them are incredible good in the competetive game, like Infernape, venassaur or empoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    What about Swampert and Serperior?

...And Chariza--*shot*

Your House:Emerald
    Opponent's House: Citrine
    Opponent's Name: Darklord18
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 20ish i think
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 30ish
    Any improvements for opponent:none i can think of
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Good Game was pretty fun, tried a few new pokemon
        Spoiler:- My Youtube Channel:
    R.I.P Airbourne Aces

Thing is with that set, SPE, most people just switch out after being hit by Swagger. DEY CAN'T HANDLE MA SWAG. You see.

Quote Originally Posted by GrovyleCelebi View Post
    Your House:Emerald
    Opponent's House: Citrine
    Opponent's Name: Darklord18
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 3-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 20ish i think
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 30ish
    Any improvements for opponent:none i can think of
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Good Game was pretty fun, tried a few new pokemon
    Fancy doing some more battles in this super-duper tournament called "The War Team Trials?" hint hint.

Ice Cold Fire

Ok guys, the votes on the Zircon vote is in and the result is that the entire clan will vote an a new Zircon Leader to start his/her job now.

I will take some time to discuss potential candidates with the other leaders, as well as asking the candidates themselves if they'd be willing to take the job. After that's done, I'll PM you all asking for your vote.

Finally, a reminder to get signed up for ND's tournament and the event, if you haven't already.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

Your House: Zircon
    Opponent's House: Emerald
    Opponent's Name: Sushi Noodles
    Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 1-0
    Rate your performance out of 50: 40
    Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 40
    Any improvements for opponent:
    Any thing else worth mentioning?: Almost got robbed lol.

Ok guys, the votes on the Zircon vote is in and the result is that the entire clan will vote an a new Zircon Leader to start his/her job now.

I will take some time to discuss potential candidates with the other leaders, as well as asking the candidates themselves if they'd be willing to take the job. After that's done, I'll PM you all asking for your vote.

Finally, a reminder to get signed up for ND's tournament and the event, if you haven't already.
    yay for voting xD
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

I also just realised that I forgot to do DoM this month. It would normally be very complicated, with everyone having left, but thankfully, the World Cup bonuses would have settled the score and, therefore, the winners of DoM Dec 2012 are Zircon!

Well done there guys!

Smexy banner for the Tournament:

Ice Cold Fire

In other news, I haven't been able to have any recorded battles with anyone, since all you feckless layabouts are never on the PO channel.
    Attn: Everyone Lazy: Stop Being Lazy And Fight Me.
    This whole "New Years Resolution" thing isn't helping much when I can't get a match in with anyone.

If anyone is actually making an effort to not be lazy, please disregard this message and continue not being lazy.

EDIT: That came off as a lot angrier/ruder than intended... The general theme can be summarized as BE MORE ACTIVE, PEEPS. Thank ye.
    Last edited by OrbrunnerX; 7th January 2013 at 9:19 PM.

oh jeez I haven't posted since last year xD
    well just letting everyone know I'm still here, well kind of, I'm actually starting to loose interest in pokemon but still don't think it's time to quit over all, Eh well I still need to do a battle against ninja for the points or something stuff :P so yeah, Hope everyone had good holidays
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    In other news, I haven't been able to have any recorded battles with anyone, since all you feckless layabouts are never on the PO channel.
    This whole "New Years Resolution" thing isn't helping much when I can't get a match in with anyone.

If anyone is actually making an effort to not be lazy, please disregard this message and continue not being lazy.

EDIT: That came off as a lot angrier/ruder than intended... The general theme can be summarized as BE MORE ACTIVE, PEEPS. Thank ye.
    ill be on in a bit. Today's my birthday so i get unlimited computer playing time
    What is this?? Is this a Pokemon battle? Am I winning? I'll think I'll go stand here in this corner...

† I am a Christian and very proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Im on quite a bit. I guess no one know because I have too many alts lol..

Quote Originally Posted by GC7 View Post
    oh jeez I haven't posted since last year xD
    HOW DARE YOU THAT'S RIDICULOUS *looks at calendar* Wait, never mind...

Quote Originally Posted by sushi_noodles View Post
    ill be on in a bit. Today's my birthday so i get unlimited computer playing time
    Happy birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    Im on quite a bit. I guess no one know because I have too many alts lol..
    Probably. I should clarify mine as well; I'm [CG] Parzival (or just Parzival when playing mafia)

Honestly, the best way to use Zoroark is as a fear weapon. "Hey, wait, I won't use Psychic on that Conkeldurr because it's probably Zoroark, I'll switch to something that counters Zoroark." By the time you've sorted the mess out, Conkeldurr is at +2/+2. If you're one of those people who's really good with predictions and messing with your opponent's mind like that, then that's the way to go.
    A good trainer should also remember that it might actually still be a real Conkeldurr, so, I find tricks like that don't usually work.

Personally, I save it for late game to take down steel types with Flamethrower.

Edit: What would you guys think of Volt Turn Zoroark? Illusion and Volt Turn could be an interesting combo.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 8th January 2013 at 12:23 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    A good trainer should also remember that it might actually still be a real Conkeldurr, so, I find tricks like that don't usually work.

Personally, I save it for late game to take down steel types with Flamethrower.

Edit: What would you guys think of Volt Turn Zoroark? Illusion and Volt Turn could be an interesting combo.
    Thats basically what my Zoroark team is I guess. I think it runs pretty well. I enjoy Rotom-W/Zoroark/Mienshao a lot.

So I dusted off my old team from pre-hiatus and started practicing with it for my approaching Combatants Cup matches, and I gotta say I feel a loooooooot better. I had tried to create a new weather team for it, but I'm not good at weather yet, so I decided to bust out my old team and have yielded much better results. Though... I'm gonna try and fix my weather team up more too so I can use both >w> Either way, I'm feelin' the moxie again! (for now...)
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonder View Post
    I'm feelin' the moxie again! (for now...)
    inb4 he's got Moxiemence ^_^

Any suggestions for something that can Spike-stack, and something that can spinblock, for a bulky offense / semi-stall team? Yes, I know Froslass can do both, but it isn't exactly a paragon of survivability.
    Last edited by OrbrunnerX; 8th January 2013 at 4:29 PM.

inb4 he's got Moxiemence ^_^

Any suggestions for something that can Spike-stack, and something that can spinblock, for a bulky offense / semi-stall team? Yes, I know Froslass can do both, but it isn't exactly a paragon of survivability.
    No, but it is a paragon of annoyance, eating dragons, and with any luck and tactic taking something out with Destiny Bond. But hmmm /looks at serebii's pokedex....

well for spikes on bulky pokemon, there's generic choices like Skarmory, Deoxys-D, and Ferrothorn. and for bulky offense/semi-stall you might want to try something like sableye, dusclops/dusknoir, confagrigus, jellicent, or spiritomb maybe? Idk.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=4bIrWryFc7A

Page 415 of 421 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419 ... LastLast