Page 416 of 421 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

More clarification: I want something that can take a few hits, can set up Spikes, and can kill something.
    Besides Curse Ferrothorn.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonder View Post
    SWEET HOLY I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING NO IMPOSSIBLE WHERE IS MY PRECIOUS SAPPHIRE REMAKE
    Last edited by OrbrunnerX; 8th January 2013 at 5:40 PM.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    More clarification: I want something that can take a few hits, can set up Spikes, and can kill something.
    Besides Curse Ferrothorn.

EDIT:

SWEET HOLY I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING NO IMPOSSIBLE WHERE IS MY PRECIOUS SAPPHIRE REMAKE
    Well the choices are pretty limited: http://serebii.net/attackdex-bw/spikes.shtml

Like you could use a custom cloyster who can take some phys hits, set up spikes and kill something, but I don't know how effective that'd be. Scolipede's got decent speed and attack. But just in general besides the obvious ones you'd have to start delving into the lower tiers (Not that that's a bad thing! I love using low tiers in OU xD) I guess technically there's also smeargle buuuuuut he doesn't really fit any of the criteria you've outlined.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Yep, as Rhonder's said, the 6th Generation of Pokémon is on the way!!! I have a link to Iwata's announcement, which may shed some light on the topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw

And, like Orbrunner, I am a little gutted about the apparent lack of a 3rd Gen remake. Here's hoping there's one in 6th Gen....

However, I do have some bad news regarding this announcement, I may have to stop competitive battling for a while (or even leading the clan) once these games are nearing release. I have a very specific way of playing the Pokémon main series, namely not finding out anything about them so it's all a surprise. It makes it more enjoyable. Obviously, being in this community, it's hard to stay in the dark. Most probably I'll stick around leading though, I just won't battle. I'll try not to impact the clan too much.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Yep, as Rhonder's said, the 6th Generation of Pokémon is on the way!!! I have a link to Iwata's announcement, which may shed some light on the topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw

And, like Orbrunner, I am a little gutted about the apparent lack of a 3rd Gen remake. Here's hoping there's one in 6th Gen....

However, I do have some bad news regarding this announcement, I may have to stop competitive battling for a while (or even leading the clan) once these games are nearing release. I have a very specific way of playing the Pokémon main series, namely not finding out anything about them so it's all a surprise. It makes it more enjoyable. Obviously, being in this community, it's hard to stay in the dark. Most probably I'll stick around leading though, I just won't battle. I'll try not to impact the clan too much.
    D: Hopefully it wont come to that. If the video is indeed correct and it's being released simultaneously world-wide then so long as you don't go poking around the main serebii website, it should be fine I think. And we could either not discuss 6th gen, or be sure to spoiler it or whatever ;D
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Oh yeah, I was just about to post about that lol.
    I would be more excited, but I'm pissed at my brother, and he showed this to me. I'm pissed at him for other reasons.

ANYWAY, I have to say, this is too radical a change for my liking. Not only are they completely scrapping everything they did in the 5th Gen graphically, but they're re-working the entire over world travel. No more iconic pokemon routes that can't be missed; it will all look like something out of Skyrim or Animal Crossing. It's just too much. The 3D sprites (the sprites have been iconic, why take them away?) look really awkward. The trainers look funny in some of the scenes, and the pokemon in the battle animations look really... fake. Like some sort of badly rendered pokemon spin-off made by a fan. It was fine for the Wii, because those weren't made to be like the other games, but on the 3DS it looks weird.
    Also, this just occurred to me, if PO implements the same style for battling, I won't be able to go on PO because my computer will crash. It can barely play the Sims 3, never mind anything else.
    So while the idea is cool, this will ultimately lead to the Elder Scrolls VI: Pokemon. And that's not what pokemon is at all.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Wow, when I heard that this "special announcement" was going to be in more then just Japan, I got my hopes down about it being about generation 6....but when I watched the Nintendo direct, after he pointed out the delay between Japan and other countries, I knew that it was because generation 6 was going to be released in all countries at the same time.

As far as the 3D graphics go, I was kind of worried that it may kind of ruin some of the older pokemon in a way, or at least make them a little more different....but seeing some guys like Patrat and Golurk in the video, I actually am looking forward to this. It seems that the artist are doing an excellent job at converting the pokemon to 3D, though I am a tad bit disappointed in the far too familiar trainers, I get the feeling that those guys are just being used until the new trainers are decided on.

So, as far as graphics go, the battles look awesome, but the overworld trainers look awful.

Edit: Unless...those trainers are only being shown because they'll be costumizable? I'm still not happy with how they look, but that at least would keep me relatively happy with them. I also don't like the new legendaries, but I'm sure they'll grow on me.
    Forget sapphire, this is a whole new generation! In 3D!
    D: Hopefully it wont come to that. If the video is indeed correct and it's being released simultaneously world-wide then so long as you don't go poking around the main serebii website, it should be fine I think. And we could either not discuss 6th gen, or be sure to spoiler it or whatever ;D
    There should just be a rule on posting spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 9th January 2013 at 12:52 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Oh yeah, I was just about to post about that lol.
    I would be more excited, but I'm pissed at my brother, and he showed this to me. I'm pissed at him for other reasons.

ANYWAY, I have to say, this is too radical a change for my liking. Not only are they completely scrapping everything they did in the 5th Gen graphically, but they're re-working the entire over world travel. No more iconic pokemon routes that can't be missed; it will all look like something out of Skyrim or Animal Crossing. It's just too much. The 3D sprites (the sprites have been iconic, why take them away?) look really awkward. The trainers look funny in some of the scenes, and the pokemon in the battle animations look really... fake. Like some sort of badly rendered pokemon spin-off made by a fan. It was fine for the Wii, because those weren't made to be like the other games, but on the 3DS it looks weird.
    Also, this just occurred to me, if PO implements the same style for battling, I won't be able to go on PO because my computer will crash. It can barely play the Sims 3, never mind anything else.
    So while the idea is cool, this will ultimately lead to the Elder Scrolls VI: Pokemon. And that's not what pokemon is at all.
    Hmm, I can't say that I share the same opinions at all. I think that the new animations look nice. In fact, what this reminds me of is Coliseum and/or XD Gale of Darkness, but portable, and probably more in depth since they're going to be main series games. In short, I had been waiting for a good pokemon game like the 2 I mentioned to come out on the Wii, but none ever did. So this is a welcome announcement for me I'd prefer to worry about the after consequences of like PO and such when the time comes. I can't not be excited xD;;

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE can anyone help me with some good Tornadus-T (and to a lesser degree Thundrus-T) checks/counters that would work well on an offensive team. I've been playing with my HO team again some, and the most common thing I lose to is Tornadus-T. Suggesting I have a light screen up I can sorta deal with them by tanking a Hurricane and killing them afterwords, but if I'm not that fortunate, then I'm just kinda dead. Any help would be appreciated

Just to point out, trailers usually signify the release of a game within a couple of months. BW2 came out less than a year ago. Paired with the fact of no remake this gen, it really seems like they don't care about 5th gen.

So Im hearing a lot about 3D. Before I watch this is it on 3DS or something? Because if it is I might as well not watch lol. As there is basically no chance of me shelling out all the money for money for one XP
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Forget sapphire
    YOUR SOUL IS FORFEIT

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE can anyone help me with some good Tornadus-T (and to a lesser degree Thundrus-T) checks/counters that would work well on an offensive team.
    Chansey is the only really reliable one, and even she falls to Superpower (iirc) off Torn-T. Rotom-W and Jirachi seem to work well against Torn, but the best counter to Thun-T is basically anything fast that can beat face in. Notable: Scarf TTar.
    Try out (Scarf?) Jira and see if that helps.

You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”

Chansey is the only really reliable one, and even she falls to Superpower (iirc) off Torn-T. Rotom-W and Jirachi seem to work well against Torn, but the best counter to Thun-T is basically anything fast that can beat face in. Notable: Scarf TTar.
    Try out (Scarf?) Jira and see if that helps.
    Mmmm well chansey doesn't really fit the role. I'll try out Jirachi I think or if that doesn't work then Rotom. Thanks for the suggestions, now off to modify meh team = w=

Mmmm well chansey doesn't really fit the role. I'll try out Jirachi I think or if that doesn't work then Rotom. Thanks for the suggestions, now off to modify meh team = w=
    Beware of Torn-T's repeated U-Turn spam, but outside of that it should work well. Wish helps prevent that from being an issue.

YOUR SOUL IS FORFEIT
    ...Just imagine, pokemon Saphire 3D...it may be the next one after pokemon chromosome version.
    ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE can anyone help me with some good Tornadus-T (and to a lesser degree Thundrus-T) checks/counters that would work well on an offensive team. I've been playing with my HO team again some, and the most common thing I lose to is Tornadus-T. Suggesting I have a light screen up I can sorta deal with them by tanking a Hurricane and killing them afterwords, but if I'm not that fortunate, then I'm just kinda dead. Any help would be appreciated
    Rotom-W, Jirachi, Tyranitar, or even Registeel.

Paralysis in general is a pain for the bird, along with speedy choice scarfers.

...Just imagine, pokemon Saphire 3D...it may be the next one after pokemon chromosome version.
    Excuse me while I drool.

Anyway, back to my original topic: Need 2 offensive/semistall spinblockers. Gengar maybe. Jellicent possibly, though I'd have to tweak it to a bit more offensive... yeah, who am I kidding.
    I wish Porygon2 was Ghost.

Excuse me while I drool.

Anyway, back to my original topic: Need 2 offensive/semistall spinblockers. Gengar maybe. Jellicent possibly, though I'd have to tweak it to a bit more offensive... yeah, who am I kidding.
    Subsalac chandelure subsplit tomb

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post
    Tomb? Eh, it's stats are mediocre and it doesn't really carry very many useful resistances.

My favorite spin blockers are Cofagrigus, Dusklops, and Jellicent. Even in semi stall, the only offensive pokemon I really find you needing is a choice scarfer as a revenge killer and a late game cleaner.

Tomb? Eh, it's stats are mediocre and it doesn't really carry very many useful resistances.
    You know, besides all of them :P
    Froslass has hazards (since I vaguely remember something about that being said). If you want a wall, Jelli is definitely the way to go (or SubGengar, up to you)

You know, besides all of them :P
    Nope. It's neutral to most things.

With this power creep, swapping into a neutral blow can be tricky. Especially if you defenses are only mediocre. Fighting is always good, but all spin blockers have that.

Hmm, I can't say that I share the same opinions at all. I think that the new animations look nice. In fact, what this reminds me of is Coliseum and/or XD Gale of Darkness, but portable, and probably more in depth since they're going to be main series games. In short, I had been waiting for a good pokemon game like the 2 I mentioned to come out on the Wii, but none ever did. So this is a welcome announcement for me I'd prefer to worry about the after consequences of like PO and such when the time comes. I can't not be excited xD;;
    YESH, all of this, every single bit of it. Anyway, I'm proly gonna go fire, er duh! but my second favorite is the adorable little grass type for the first and only time since Hoenn. And I hope the trainers are customizable, i really dont want to see the same color jacket and hat for another generation. And as long as they dont do a Black-White~esque switcheroo im getting X version as my main game for the amazing Deer thing.

But seriously, Hurricane is a plague right now, makes me hate to play OU without Latios, who with Timid 252 I think outspeeds enough to kill with Bolt/beam or Draco meteor if you are into that. Personally, Iv always had Volc take care of him after i get a good sweep going, or die trying most likely.

At this point, I do prefer Sun with Venusaur and Heatran and a bunch of other crap to any sort of team with Tornadus, especially rain.

Not complaining, just stating a fact, it is 59 degrees outside and I hate Rain teams.
    Author of the Fusion fic, The Coming War (which has recently been abandoned as the last update was a year ago) sorry y'all

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12/Crystalline guard
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I simply can't get rid of my starter, I'm always too attached to it. Besides many of them are incredible good in the competetive game, like Infernape, venassaur or empoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Swordsman View Post
    What about Swampert and Serperior?

...And Chariza--*shot*

Good thing I logged in when I did. Sixth generation, eh? Maybe in this generation you'll be able to have more of a choice on your trainer than just girl or boy. Pokemon was one of the last RPGs to get that choice, and they're already one of the last to not have more. I was glad when I could finally choose a female character, but my hair isn't that durn poofy, nor do I ever want it to be.

On a side note, I still haven't finished Black 2. Getting all three of the Kami trio in therian form before even the first gym kind of ruined it for me... and I'd restart, but then I'd never get the Kami trio. Is it possible to trade them over to my copy of Black, restart Black 2 and progress quite a ways, then send them back to Black 2? PM me if you know... But my hopes aren't up because that feels a lot like sending Pokemon back a generation (I know it's not, but it feels similar) which one cannot do.

Currently playing Black2.

Progress towards goals only counted in Pokemon Black2!

CLEARED until I transfer everything from Black to Black2

Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post
    Chandy's too slow and dies to Gengar / anything faster, and SR. Spiritomb is No.

My favorite spin blockers are Cofagrigus, Dusklops, and Jellicent. Even in semi stall, the only offensive pokemon I really find you needing is a choice scarfer as a revenge killer and a late game cleaner.
    Keldeo's my favorite Scarfer as of late.
    Late game cleaner... My favorite's Dragonite, but he isn't very good under Sand. Genesect is a cop out, and is banned on Smogon anyway. I'll probably go with CM Reuniclus, because he is my New Favorite Pokemon.

Froslass has hazards (since I vaguely remember something about that being said). If you want a wall, Jelli is definitely the way to go (or SubGengar, up to you)
    I've been considering all three. Froslass isn't exactly a vision of bulk, but it can set up in Forrey's face. Gengar has his as ever demonic SubDisable, and Jelli's an all around utility wall; my only problem with them is that they're lackluster vs. Breloom. Who I hate as of yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower Emboar View Post

But seriously, Hurricane is a plague right now, makes me hate to play OU without Latios, who with Timid 252 I think outspeeds enough to kill with Bolt/beam or Draco meteor if you are into that. Personally, Iv always had Volc take care of him after i get a good sweep going, or die trying most likely.
    At this point, I do prefer Sun with Venusaur and Heatran and a bunch of other crap to any sort of team with Tornadus, especially rain.

Not complaining, just stating a fact, it is 59 degrees outside and I hate Rain teams.
    Sigged pic, because I feel that.
    Latios is slower, 115 to 121, iirc.
    I prefer Sand to Sun, but what I really hate is that I'm basically forced to run weather or die to Rain. THAT is the key issue.

~~~

Anybody got something not named Sableye that can burn Breloom's face and not be horrendously weak to him? My usual burn users are Rotom-W and Jelli, both of whom have issues with Techni-BulletSeed.
    Last edited by OrbrunnerX; 9th January 2013 at 4:39 PM.

Honestly, I leave the internet for one day, ONE DAY, and wahey, there's a new Generation!! I personally think it's a bit too soon, since I'm hardly done with this Generation. But hey, I guess I'll look forward to them anyway! And Chespin is clearly going to evolve into a Ninjarific Poke. It better do.

The best Tornadus-T counter, in my opinion, is Rotom-W or Jirachi (both specially defensive), since they can tank Hurricanes very well, threaten with Volt-Switch/Thunder Wave and then heal with Pain Split/wish.

Speaking of the Kami-Trio in game, how do you actually get them? Do you need that 3DS game that you have to pay for??!!

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Honestly, I leave the internet for one day, ONE DAY, and wahey, there's a new Generation!! I personally think it's a bit too soon, since I'm hardly done with this Generation. But hey, I guess I'll look forward to them anyway! And Chespin is clearly going to evolve into a Ninjarific Poke. It better do.

The best Tornadus-T counter, in my opinion, is Rotom-W or Jirachi (both specially defensive), since they can tank Hurricanes very well, threaten with Volt-Switch/Thunder Wave and then heal with Pain Split/wish.

Speaking of the Kami-Trio in game, how do you actually get them? Do you need that 3DS game that you have to pay for??!!
    Yeah I feel like its way too soon also. Im afraid it will mean the game will end up being halfbaked...also Im starting to dislike the direction character designs are taking after seeing the starters...they keep getting more and more...I dont even know lol. Ohwell theyll probably just end up growing onto me. And the legendaries dont look bad at all.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post

I like how whenever you leave for a day, something huge happens. Last time was the Great Migration.
    Also, yes, you have to pay for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    Yeah I feel like its way too soon also. Im afraid it will mean the game will end up being halfbaked...
    Au contraire! BW and BW2 were only designed and worked on by about half of the usual team that designs the pokemon games, meaning the other half spent the last few years (probably since HGSS, or since the 3DS came out, don't know which was second) working on this new game! There may have even been more people working on it, since it's a whole new generation and game system.
    It feels short to me, too though.
    Now that I've gotten used to the new games, I kind of like them actually. Except for the battle animations; those I still hate.

EDIT: So in one of the funniest and most annoying glitches ever, my post count goes from 499 to 400 twice, then suddenly spikes up to 700 (like it should be without the glitch)
    Yay strangeness!
    I'm sad tho. My last post-bar thing had Brawley in it :c
    Last edited by Soperman; 10th January 2013 at 12:46 AM.

Okay, I've been on a hiatus forever, and I think it's time I end it. I'm sadly using the less preferred option among us. I'm leaving the clan, as I've somewhat lost interest in competitive. Bye guys, what I have learned is impressive, from noob-who-uses-all-starters to a somewhat okay player. If I do come back, it might not be for a while. I may visit the channel sometimes, but probably not often.

So I'll see you all another day. Remember me and my Vespiquen, and good luck! ^.^

Page 416 of 421 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420 ... LastLast