Page 421 of 421 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421
Results 10,501 to 10,516 of 10516

Thread: The Crystalline Guard

Spoiler:- Original:

The End Is Near.
    This is not spam.
    This is just something I felt the need to say.
    Last edited by OrbrunnerX; 21st January 2013 at 2:35 AM.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    Breloom should be the next suspect IMO. It's powerful, versatile, and you have to carry a counter or you will get wiped out (or at the very least with one mon Spored and useless, with another one or two KOd). Granted, it's not the unstoppable force Tornadus-T was. But it's still ridiculous, and was banned from DW OU way back when. It's certainly much more powerful/impactful than Keldeo, that's for sure; therefore it should at least be voted on.
    Oh, and with its prime counter now gone, it'll be even more ubiquitous.
    Agreed. I find that thing too difficult to fight and far too easy to use. Okay, fine, fast flying and psychic types handle it well enough, but it's great sweeping abilities are a little too much when combined with spore.

Or we could have sleep banned. Actually, I'd prefer that, but I suppose that's not happening.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 150 Points
    I almost lost to a team with Sunkern before. So Sunkern for Ubers.

Is breloom really /that/ good? I use it quite a bit because it was my favorite pokemon before I even started competitive, but while it's good and all, I never really find it to be as great as everyone makes it out to be .-. maybe I'm just too noob xD
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Agreed. I find that thing too difficult to fight and far too easy to use. Okay, fine, fast flying and psychic types handle it well enough, but it's great sweeping abilities are a little too much when combined with spore.
    Or we could have sleep banned. Actually, I'd prefer that, but I suppose that's not happening.
    I would like that as well. That would probably help the game more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonder View Post
    Is breloom really /that/ good? I use it quite a bit because it was my favorite pokemon before I even started competitive, but while it's good and all, I never really find it to be as great as everyone makes it out to be .-. maybe I'm just too noob xD
    It was balanced before Technician, but now... ugh.

You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”

Well guys, it's been fun, but I'm afraid I'm leaving the clan. It's in ruins now, not nearly as fun as it used to be or as big.

So anyway, I have to say, it's been fun while it lasted. I loved this clan and BA before it, giving me reason to battle and making me so much better than I used to be. It's been a ton of fun, seeing so many friends here. Anyway, here are the major thank yous for the friends still left.

Spoiler:- Zachmac:

Spoiler:- Voice of the Forest/Usatoday:

Spoiler:- Psycho Cut:

Spoiler:- Ninja Dewott:

Spoiler:- Jhen:

Spoiler:- Rhonder:

Spoiler:- Orbrunner:

Shout out also to Magicmonkey, BLUES, Prohawk, and Jonah, who have all been close to friends and have helped me become who I am in pokemon today. So thank you.

This may seem abrupt, but this whole message is because at least three, maybe four, of our four leaders have decided it will be time to close. CG has never fully recovered from the Great Migration and it's become more of a club than anything else really. We're not going anywhere anytime soon and none of the leaders really feels like we can do so either.
    So long, and thanks for all of the memories.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Wait what?

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Well guys, it's been fun, but I'm afraid I'm leaving the clan. It's in ruins now, not nearly as fun as it used to be or as big.

So anyway, I have to say, it's been fun while it lasted. I loved this clan and BA before it, giving me reason to battle and making me so much better than I used to be. It's been a ton of fun, seeing so many friends here. Anyway, here are the major thank yous for the friends still left.

Orbrunner
    I've got to say, you're an interesting case. First you were really cool in BA, then you went to PR, where you decided to take on a massive anti-CG ideology which was really frustrating and made you seem arrogant. Now you're cool again, and just as active as you used to be.

This may seem abrupt, but this whole message is because at least three, maybe four, of our four leaders have decided it will be time to close. CG has never fully recovered from the Great Migration and it's become more of a club than anything else really. We're not going anywhere anytime soon and none of the leaders really feels like we can do so either.
    An interesting case. I suppose that it's an accurate moniker...
    Frankly, I don't even remember all that much about my time in PR, but I do offer one thing in my defense: all of it - yes, oddly, all - was during a particularly trying time for me IRL. Of course, that doesn't excuse me in any way from my acting like a tool, so I apologize, formally, for that.
    Anyway, back to topic.
    You've been a good friend to many, including me, over the time I've been on Serebii. It's always good to see familiar faces, and your was a welcome sight when I came to CG.
    Farewell. I will miss you too.

I did not see this coming, but I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised after seeing Jonah leave....

I say it's about time we try to do something to rebuild the clan. Creating the CG was a real pain though, so we need another plan of action this time.

I was just breeding Makuhitas this morning, so I could use one in the tournament. I'll make sure to keep you in mind every time that Hariyama scores a KO.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 150 Points
    I almost lost to a team with Sunkern before. So Sunkern for Ubers.

Spoiler:- Zachmac:

Spoiler:- Voice of the Forest/Usatoday:

Spoiler:- Psycho Cut:

Spoiler:- Ninja Dewott:

Spoiler:- Jhen:

Spoiler:- Rhonder:

Spoiler:- Orbrunner:

Shout out also to Magicmonkey, BLUES, Prohawk, and Jonah, who have all been close to friends and have helped me become who I am in pokemon today. So thank you.

Oh .-. Thanks for the nice comment I'll miss seeing you around as well~ Well that is, I'm sure you'll still around on serebii, but I don't explore the other areas of the forum a whole ton, so it might be a bit still... Either way good luck!
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Hey guys sorry to do this but i need a clan thats really active and cg isnt cutting it for me your all awesome personal fav jhen bye yall

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Cya'll Usa and Soper...

Just a heads up that I've given my vote to Psycho for him to close the clan ... so other people can go off to other clans and stuff BUT WAIT!
    Had a couple of pms about merging clans so people here would be able to go off to places and get like their rank back and things. Basically hang fire for a lil while longer if that is ok .

BTW if not specified to mods that see this plz dont close .. i dont think i said that

Push da button

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I did not see this coming, but I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised after seeing Jonah leave....
    I say it's about time we try to do something to rebuild the clan. Creating the CG was a real pain though, so we need another plan of action this time.
    I'd like that too, but I'm not sure that it's really an option now.
    However, if it IS possible, I'm all for it.

Oh .-. Thanks for the nice comment I'll miss seeing you around as well~ Well that is, I'm sure you'll still around on serebii, but I don't explore the other areas of the forum a whole ton, so it might be a bit still... Either way good luck!
    ^*lives up to his "friendliest person" recognition*^

Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post
    Hey guys sorry to do this but i need a clan thats really active and cg isnt cutting it for me your all awesome personal fav jhen bye yall
    Well, that was well-worded, informative and polite. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    Just a heads up that I've given my vote to Psycho for him to close the clan ...
    Frankly, I've been feeling much the same. I'm not going to quit, don't worry; I'll be staying with the clan till the end. But it may be time to either close and start afresh with a clean slate (as with the BA to CG transition) or somehow acquire a ton of new members. And I'm not sure that the second option is likely or practical at this point.
    Last edited by OrbrunnerX; 21st January 2013 at 5:52 PM.

Wow, I'm surprised that everyone feels that way, I certainly didn't see it coming xD Well I hope that the CG stays in tact, but if leaders are leaving/voting to close I s'ppose there's not much to be done :[

Wow, I'm surprised that everyone feels that way, I certainly didn't see it coming xD Well I hope that the CG stays in tact, but if leaders are leaving/voting to close I s'ppose there's not much to be done :[
    Yeah...
    My hope is that the Phoenix mentality will return; we may be dying now, but sooner or later we will rise from the ashes better than before.

Hi guys,

As it has been alluded to over the past few posts, I'm afraid the time has come to close the Crystalline Guard.

This decision has come based of numerous factors, the details of which I'll happily disclose to anyone who asks, but it's mainly due to the clan's lack of revival, my desire to take a hiatus from the world of competitive battling and the shenanigans with having to patch up holes in the leader system. I'm kinda hoping that Ninja Dewott will do as his name applies and ninja this post giving his thoughts on the matter, but all the leaders do agree on the matter. Apologies also, for cutting the War Team Trials short.

Of course, this is not the first time I've had to, with great sadness, say farewell to my clan mates upon the closing of a clan and each time it does bring sadness, though I believe it has been for the best. It's been a great ride, running this clan, and although that ride has been a rollercoaster at times, I feel that we've all benefitted from it and I'll certainly be taking a lot away from it all. So thank you all for sticking with me, and the Crystalline Guard and a special thank you for those who stuck with it through the Great Migration and especially those who have been with me right since the early days of BA.

Of course, there's a few special cases, people who I think deserve a shout-out of their own:

Spoiler:- Shout-outs:

Of course, what now?

Well, as for me, I won't be opening a new clan anytime soon. I'll stick around for a while, but ultimately have the intention of taking a hiatus from Competitive Pokémon, at least until the new generation has been released. So, I may be on sparingly, but, after another few weeks, I'll see you all in November!

Finally, we've been lucky enough to have received invitations to join new clans as both Battle Rhythm and Chaos Theory, both ran by ex-CG members, are happy to have us all and are offering higher ranks too. Here's their messages:

Spoiler:- Invitations:

------------

So as a final singing off note, a huge thanks again to everyone who's helped make this clan what it is, I'm sorry I've had to close it but, as I said last time, ~ Memories Are The Only Thing Which Are Truly Eternal ~.

So, thanks again, I hope to be seeing some of you in November!

Psycho Cut
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Welp Guess this is it then. We had a good run though it was fun. Im no good at goodbyes and stuff as my cliche tsundere attitude would suggest haha but uhm yeah adios amigos had a fun time in CG hopefully Ill see some of you around Serebii down the road.

But not the one it needs right now. With that I take my leave. Sayonara!!
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 421 of 421 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421