Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Grand Journeys [PG-13][Discussion Thread]

Default Pokemon: Grand Journeys [PG-13][Discussion Thread]

POKEMON: GRAND JOURNEYS

What's up guys? Here's the discussion thread for Pokemon: Grand Journeys. You guys know the rules, no spamming, only for discussion purposes, etc. You guys should know them. Make sure to stay up to date with this thread, and I will updating it anytime there's a new idea or something worth noting.

Spoiler:- INTRO:

Spoiler:- The Rules (Just in Case):

Spoiler:- The Sign-Up Form (Just in Case):

TEAMS:

Team 1:
    Jas Lendin - Bulbasaur[Green]
    Aiko Yamada - Squirtle[Donny]
    Krysta Evans - Purrloin[Darkstar]
    Joshua Carlcante - Totodile[Zaph]

Team 2:
    Kacie Carson - Torchic[Alpha]
    Lude Calle - Charmander[Zippo]
    Cole Draco - Larvitar[Rory]

Team 3:
    Patricia Knightley - Ralts[Cinderella]
    Cobalt Rain - Mudkip[Hydra]
    Tyler Phoenix - Smeargle[Sketcher]

That's pretty much it guys. If you guys have anything to talk about regarding the RP, feel free!
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:
    VGC 2010 Regionals Seattle - Lost 3rd Round
    VGC 2011 Regionals Seattle - Lost 3rd Round
    VGC 2012/2013 Regionals Vancouver- Was eliminated
    VGC 2013 World Championship - Vancouver - Entered in LCQ; Was Eliminated

Yay. We got a discussion thread! =^•A•^=

Anyhow, Krysta's probably going to ignore everyone unless someone speaks to her. She wants to get started and feels that the chatter is delaying them (even though it isn't)

I'd really love it if you gave my eggs some love, please. Could you also click on the others?

Current FanFictions:
    The Fourth Hope: A Warriors Pokemon Crossover (latest chapter being chapter 3)
    StarCatchers (coming soon)
    Psyched latest chapter being Prologue

Current RPGs
    Scramble (SU currently up)
    Nightmares (under construction)

Woohoo discussions I've already began talking to my team member, and I plan on getting Krazy/Tyler into the conversation if Gallade/Patricia doesn't do it.

Congrats on the first post.

Also, sorry on the slow start to the RP. We probably would have already gotten together in our teams probably, but we are waiting still on Zapphire to post. He hasn't responded to my VM, so I'm not sure if he went somewhere or what. But if you guys feel like we are going to wait too long, then I will go ahead and get Birch to do his opening speech, and we can get into our teams.

Also, since we are in the topic about teams...

How do you want the teams to be formed within the RP? Should the characters themselves organize it, or should Birch just straight up say he's recommended groups for us to travel in? Those are the two options I have come down to, but I don't want to make it seem like anything is 'forced' in the RP.
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:

Probably wait until everyone posts one more time or at least let them wrap up their conversation before Birch gives his speech.

Out of the two that you gave, I picked "Birch just straight up say he's recommended groups for us to travel in." Both decisions seem kinda forced to me, but that's just my opinion. Maybe it could be a new regulation throughout the regions just like the age restriction. Regulation says that at least two or three individuals must travel together when setting out on a journey. You know...safety in numbers and all that jazz. *shrugs*

Unfortunately I will have to call it a night. I'm seriously tired so I'll try to post some time in the evening tomorrow. If I can get a post in earlier then I will. ^_^

I would say have the character's talk to their teammates and then have Birch say traveling in groups would be a good thing, and he could say how our socializing has seemed to put us in good groups. Or something along those lines.

I think maybe he should just put us in groups. I also suggest maybe we start to wrap up our opening convos quickly so we can get on with our journey!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Yeah, I second this. Besides, when we split off into teams my character will finally hold an actual conversation, instead of backing away and sitting on his own, stammering at whoever talks to him XD

I think Birch should organize the teams, justifying this with " It's against the law to travel alone on one's journey" or something along those lines.

However, I do have a question that went unanswered in the SU thread:

Contests. How will we show them? Are they going to be like the Animé (where they just send out a pokémon, clash a few moves together quickly for something beautiful), like the games (seperated in different categories, only using moves that fit in that category, like a cool move in a cool contest) or a mixture of both ( example: Beauty Contest. Clash ONLY beauty moves together for an appeal)?

This kinda decides the route I'm going to take, so...

I was thinking of going with both. For example, each contest will have a certain theme, such as cool/beauty, etc, and your Pokemon will have to clash together some moves for the appeal of the desired theme.

Also, do you guys think I should just begin with us getting our Pokes now, along with settling us into our teams?
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:

So.... Are we ready to leave yet? or are we still waiting for someone's first post?

Well, since Zapphire hasn't replied to the VM, I guess we'll continue on without him.
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:

Okay. One other thing... Are we going to be sticking to the original 8 Gym Badges and leaders? Or are they going to be different, or have more/different places due to these towns and cities you're adding in? Just thinking it would be same-ish to battle Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson etc with all of the same leaders and types...

No, I am sticking to the original 8. Reason being, is I don't want to change anything that drastic for already pre-existing characters. Hoever, the Pokemon they use will slightly different. Also, Krazy, your character already has Smeargle, so your character is going to pass on getting a starter Pokemon, okay?
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:

Ah, fair enough. I look forward to fighting the changed teams. And that's completely fine, as intended. I'm not a fan of the Hoenn starters anyways, as to why I picked Smeargle and why he has it. So, we're nearly ready!

Alright, I guess I will try and have the post up sometime within before I go to sleep. I have to go somewhere in a little bit so I will start the post, but it probably won't be up until later. If anyone is in the middle of the conversation between characters, you guys can just wrap it up, or just leave it, and be interrupted by Professor Birch. I think everyone's pretty much just talking out of boredom anyways, waiting for Birch.
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2000 View Post
    Alright, I guess I will try and have the post up sometime within before I go to sleep. I have to go somewhere in a little bit so I will start the post, but it probably won't be up until later. If anyone is in the middle of the conversation between characters, you guys can just wrap it up, or just leave it, and be interrupted by Professor Birch. I think everyone's pretty much just talking out of boredom anyways, waiting for Birch.
    Talking out of boredom...yes. Anyway, I'm glad we're finally getting the show on the road. I won't be able to post until this time tomorrow so just a heads up.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Zapphire, in your post, you say that there's only one Pokemon left, but some of the others haven't even got their Pokemon yet. Also, could you edit your post so that instad of Birch just meeting you in the lab, you just walk through the lab, to find everyone else outdoors in the back?
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:

Oh, I apologize. I didn't realize. But thanks for telling me. This should be fun. And would it be okay if that character I made up in my post, Ritashi, would be just a reacurring NPC?

I am in the stage of not knowing what to write about. I'm sitting down while everyone gets their starters..... Hm. Time to play my harmonica? XD

Would I be okay to have more conversations or should we just wait until everyone gets their starters and then chat on the next route?

Conversations would make it feel real... I mean, everyone isn't going to stand/sit quietly while everyone gets their starter after all...

Okay, since this looks like it might be a day before we move on in the RP, you guys can either have more conversations, or challenge each other to a battle. However, I'm only allowing one battle at a time, considering the backyard of the Lab, isn't big enough to hold more than one. Since our characters don't know the moves of their Pokemon, let me first make a post with Birch handing out the Pokedexes, which you guys can use to scan your Pokemon and the moves it currently knows. Sound good?
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:

Sorry for the late post, but Thursdays have never really been my best days to do much of anything.

I hope everyone doesn't plan on battling because that'd take quite a long time. I'm really hoping we can get moving or my group at least. Kacie doesn't like to wait around lol.

Also, is it alright if we start planning on what Pokemon we want to catch later in the RP? If so, for me, the tentative line up so far is Torchic/Blaziken, Seedot/Shiftry, Aron/Aggron, and Feebas/Milotic. I'm not sure what Pokemon I want to fill the last two spots yet. As I said, this list is not set in stone. I might end up changing it later.

Yeah, I was hoping nobody would battle just yet. I'm currently writing out the post where we get to know our groups, and we receive our Pokdexes. Also, yeah you can plan ahead of time on what Pokes you are going to catch.
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast