Thread: Official Tekken Discussion

Default Official Tekken Discussion

Well with the upcoming releases of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Tekken x Street Fighter, I thought I would create an official topic for Tekken in general.

Do you play Tekken? Who are your favorite characters, combos, etc. ?

My personal favorites are:

Eddy Gordo

and

Jack-6

I have played Tekken 5, Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 1. I've also played some of Tekken 3 in arcades.

My Tekken expertise is a bit less than that of Soulcalibur, but I'm starting to get into it more and I am excited for the new upcoming releases.

Anyone else?

Law is best character because my childhood says so. I've played Tekken 1,2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Law is best character because my childhood says so. I've played Tekken 1,2 and 3.
    Marshall Law or Forrest Law?

I love Tekken. It's my favorite 3D fighting game series. Played Tekken 2-6, the first Tag and Tekken Advance. Hated Advance and that's all I'll say about it. Looking forward to Tag 2 in September. It's gonna be awesome for sure.
    My favorite character was Dr. Boskonovitch in Tekken 3. That guy was so good once you got good with him and he had some funny moves. I loved beating people with him and making them mad because they couldn't hit me when I was on the floor. Other than him I've always liked King, Armor King and Lei, but I can play as anyone.
    I'm good at Tekken, but I wouldn't call myself a pro or anything. I can't pull off long combos or juggles no matter how much I try. And even though King is one of my best characters I can only do like 1 or 2 of his chain throws.
    Last edited by Silver Bolt; 30th May 2012 at 9:02 AM.

I use Jin a Kazuya a lot from Tekken 4 and 5. Haven't played 6 or the newer ones since I stopped playing Fighting games.

I own Tekken 3 for PS, absolutely love that game. I tend to use Hwoarang and Yoshimitsu.

Playing Tekken 6 round a friends I've taken to using alisa.

I used to spend almost all my tokens at the arcade on the Tekken games. Jin Kazama and Feng Wei were my favorite characters to play as, though I always liked King as well.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    Marshall Law or Forrest Law?
    Marshall Law

My favourite players are King and Jack in all the games he's in.
    I claim Larvitar!

I have played tekken 3, 4, 5, and 6. I also played the arcade of tekken 1-3 on the Ps2 tekken 5 and the Tekken tag tournament.. They're all great games even though I suck at fighting games(I really only spam on tekken and every once in a while I would use a new move that I practiced.) I bought tekken 6 when I first got my xbox and bought it off the marketplace when My disk broke. It is one of only 2 games I have all the gamerscore in(the other being Armored core 4). After a while I got bored, and tried a new fighting game(Blazblue Continuum shift) which I'm better at but I still go back and play tekken 6 every once in a while. I'm hoping they make another Tekken tag game.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    I'm hoping they make another Tekken tag game.
    They are making one, for XBOX 360 and PS3. The demo version was on Tekken Hybrid for PS3, and it's already out in the arcades in Japan.

When I think of Tekken3 I instantly think of Gon! That 'lil dude was so cute c:

But what I want to know is, what the hell has happened to Bryan Fury since Tekken3? I remembered him as some fast kick boxer now in Streetfighter x Tekken he is some slow hard hitting zombie thingy....What have they done to you Bryan! D:<

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz View Post
    When I think of Tekken3 I instantly think of Gon! That 'lil dude was so cute c:

But what I want to know is, what the hell has happened to Bryan Fury since Tekken3? I remembered him as some fast kick boxer now in Streetfighter x Tekken he is some slow hard hitting zombie thingy....What have they done to you Bryan! D:<
    Not really sure he had a self purpetual generator installed in him so he has limitless energy I guess its really heavy. Yoshimitsu really wants to kill him for betraying the Manji clan(although he should have expected it from a insane killer cyborg like Brian.)

Gon is the only Character that takes 1% damage from True Ogre's fire attack and that alone makes Gon awesome.
    Last edited by redcharzard; 3rd June 2012 at 10:37 PM.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

I play Tekken 5 (have yet to get Tekken 6), mainly as Hwoarang. I've focused so much on him that I'm not very good at anyone else. My least favorite characters to play against are Nina (because of her speed), Julia (for the same reason as Nina), and Asuka (it depends on if I'm playing against my brother; he uses this extremely irritating, difficult-to-interrupt combo). I'd like to get better at playing as Baek Doo San and Feng Wei.
    "True Love is the only heart disease that is best left to 'run on' - the only affection of the heart for which there is no help, and none desired." -Mark Twain

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of Hell, a hell of Heaven." -John Milton

"...whoever you hate will end up in your family!" -Chris Rock

My mains are Marshall Law and Yoshi but I'm getting better with Jinpachi

^ Yeah, just spent a few minutes to get people started as people will most likely be visiting TTT2 forums than some obscure TZ Wiki they've never heard about. I deliberately avoided frame data and ina-tekken wiki at this stage because we should start from basic and work our way to the advance stuff. More people will be able to help compile simple thing like bio and English movelist than decipher Japanese notations and paste frame data.

By the way, I already linked TZ wiki sub-forum in my second post and suggested people to visit that for formatting and layout ideas. Your layout and sorting feature looks absolutely fantastic. I will brainstorm and do some testing once my wiki account is approved.

In fact, once basic movelist is done, I'm thinking about adding an evasion (sidestep/sidewalk LR) column but this can only be done by people who have access to TTT2:U because T6 evasion properties are quite different. I'm also not sure how consistent it is at the moment.
    Last edited by s2mangas2; 14th January 2014 at 4:21 PM.
    inFORM Decisions - Document Automation Solutions - USA