Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meloetta

Anyone here play DW OU? If so, mind sharing your results?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

looking through its movepool, two moves really stood out to me: thunder(duh) and teeter dance. with its high speed, im just asking the more experienced people, would a hax set be viable. im not going to touch the evs/nature, but just a draft: teeter dance/ thunder(wave)/ relic song(shadow ball)/ psychic(psyshock) work? an all special set, relying on sheer bulk and confusion/paralysis work? i hope it gets extrasensory/body slam/iron head via move tutor, to allow it more hax.

Quote Originally Posted by RDSchley View Post
    I'm tired of aruging with someone who knows they are wrong and is now trying to confuse the masses, I'll run it by the rest of the group very simply and explain why using close combat in Psychic form is a bad idea.

edit: it doesn't even resist poison. lol
    I feel Jesusfreak should be saying this. Suck up your pride and admit you are wrong. You're making a larger fool of yourself by staying with the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    looking through its movepool, two moves really stood out to me: thunder(duh) and teeter dance. with its high speed, im just asking the more experienced people, would a hax set be viable. im not going to touch the evs/nature, but just a draft: teeter dance/ thunder(wave)/ relic song(shadow ball)/ psychic(psyshock) work? an all special set, relying on sheer bulk and confusion/paralysis work? i hope it gets extrasensory/body slam/iron head via move tutor, to allow it more hax.
    Teeterdance? Parafuse! :3 Sub / Wish / Thunder / Teeterdance. More of a gimmick. Needs to be used in rain. But, looks like it'd be fun.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Lady Baltny❤ View Post
    I feel Jesusfreak should be saying this. Suck up your pride and admit you are wrong. You're making a larger fool of yourself by staying with the argument.

Teeterdance? Parafuse! :3 Sub / Wish / Thunder / Teeterdance. More of a gimmick. Needs to be used in rain. But, looks like it'd be fun.
    Then there's Jirachi...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Lady Baltny❤ View Post
    I've used a similar Bellosom set for trolling, and I've got to say it's not that bad. Even though it still is gimmicky, it's workable.
    Then there's Jirachi...
    Yeah, SubJirachi probably is better, though Teeterdance would be more helpful then flinches in some cases, Jirachi has the typing to do it better.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

you could always try hax team with both of those. include hazards a bit in there, and force switches. flinch them to death while they are confused. a right pain in the ***,, imo.

With Relic Song being the only move that can be used to have a chance, but not a 100% chance, to put the target to sleep if it hits, I guess you can't use it if sleep clause is activated, due to the chance of putting the target to sleep.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

do you know how sleep clause works? it wont put it to sleep, at all, if another poke is asleep. doesnt mean you cant use it. you can use it, just its affect wont happen, and if it does, it'll say something like, "sleep clause in effect"

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    do you know how sleep clause works? it wont put it to sleep, at all, if another poke is asleep. doesnt mean you cant use it. you can use it, just its affect wont happen, and if it does, it'll say something like, "sleep clause in effect"
    Right. I'm still getting used to the rules of that.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Jirachi can already run a parafusion set with Thunder/Water Pulse/CM(or Wish)/Sub. You're already abusing THunder on Molota, so you need rain. Plus, using an 8 pp attack in a mono-attacking set is not good unless you are boosting, Arceus, or have no immunities. Ground types completely Wall you, and frankly, Jirachi just does it better imo. Better typing, bulkier, and can set-up easier.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by Hax_R_Us View Post
    Jirachi can already run a parafusion set with Thunder/Water Pulse/CM(or Wish)/Sub. You're already abusing THunder on Molota, so you need rain. Plus, using an 8 pp attack in a mono-attacking set is not good unless you are boosting, Arceus, or have no immunities. Ground types completely Wall you, and frankly, Jirachi just does it better imo. Better typing, bulkier, and can set-up easier.
    thats not the only set it could run though. it could always run, like i said before, an aria forme set, teeter dance/thunder/psyshock/cc(focus blast) with bulk. lefties, and max hp/max SpD, play around with the evs and let it outspeed standard SpD rachi. haxing the haxer.

I feel that its second form will be like Darmanitan's Zen Mode, in that it will have little use due to the difficulty of making a set with it usable in higher tiers.

It looks like its most valuable asset will be Calm Mind, possibly combined with Rest as recovery, seeing as there is none else. Scarf could work, giving it the speed it needs for a dedicated attacker.

Normal typing gives it a great immunity to Ghost, paying the price with a neutrality to Fighting; might seem like a good tradeoff at first, but leaves it weak to faster, Physical Fighting types taking advantage of low Defense.

A set I'd use:

Meloetta @ Leftovers/ Chesto Berry
    Calm Mind
    Psychic/Psyshock
    Hyper Voice
    Shadow Ball

Calm Mind and Rest is simple enough. Psychic for obvious STAB, Psyshock for specially defensive enemies at the cost of less power. Hyper Voice is also an STAB with the same power as Psychic, and Shadow Ball adds more super-effectiveness.

The problem with this set is setup, which could be difficult due to low Defense. This set is just an experiment, nothing battle-ready.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Does anyone know when her event will come out?I want one badly!

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Move tutor: Covet, Double Chop, Signal Beam, Low Kick, Uproar, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Magic Coat, Gravity, Last Resort, Zen Headbutt, Hyper Voice, Snore, Knock Off, Role Play, Heal Bell, Drain Punch, Helping Hand, Trick, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Recycle, Snatch, Sleep Talk, Skill Swap

meloetta got lots of great moves some to abuse serene grace like signal beam for parafusion, elemental punches with 10% effect rates (now 20%)
    zen headbutt for pparaflinch (jirachi is better at this though), hyper voice for STAB in voice form is kinda cool if it want a powerful neutral coverage on 14 types (16 types with psychic) only problem being steel types which can be handeled with HP fire or focus miss or close combat, heal bell is always awesome on tanks, drain punch same good on a tank too bad it is physical though but it is an alternative, trick always good on fast pokemon, skill swap in doubles there are some pokemons who could apreciate serene grace...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

with this movepool, im seeing possible a mew-type set with drain punch/cc, relic song, zen headbutt, swords dance?/ shadow claw

i also see potential in a 4th gen jirachi like set returning. meloetta-p, of course, with cc/t-punch/ice punch/ zen headbutt

Meloetta is really one diverse pokemon, it's like Mew, its unpredictable.

****..,.i just realized i forgot a key point in using meloetta-p...,relic song :/ looks like my set(mew-like) wont work, unless relic song is used in place of swords dance(does it get that???)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123