Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best game on the Wii?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I can't be the only one that thinks Xenoblade is a WRPG with anime people.
    I agree 100%. Which is why I find it irritating when people say it is a must buy JRPG. Nothing that I enjoy about JRPG's are in the games mechanics. It's saying I should buy Mariokart because I enjoy Forza Motorsport.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

My favorites are Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and the Mario Galaxys.
    I haven't played Xenoblade but I was looking into trying it. Is it good?
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Yeah, over all, this was my favorite game...and Ghirahim...we need more villians that are like him instead of Bowser, although Ghirahim freaked me out on many occassion
    My thoughts exactly. What characterized Ghirahim the most was the fact that he was well written from the beginning. I don't remember who said that their goal was to create a different type of villain with Ghirahim. It's a shame we may not see more of Ghirahim. :[

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Also, does anyone else say Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and not Super Smash Brothers Brawl?

I tend to hear 'brothers' a lot on the YT and other parts of the internet. Hell, a lot of people even type up brothers instead of bros. Weird unlazy people making their fingers work more.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by DL-Ghirahim View Post
    My thoughts exactly. What characterized Ghirahim the most was the fact that he was well written from the beginning. I don't remember who said that their goal was to create a different type of villain with Ghirahim. It's a shame we may not see more of Ghirahim. :[
    Hopefully we'll see more villians like him in the future Zelda games though : D I mean, part of the fun was watching Link's reactions to him
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    I agree 100%. Which is why I find it irritating when people say it is a must buy JRPG. Nothing that I enjoy about JRPG's are in the games mechanics. It's saying I should buy Mariokart because I enjoy Forza Motorsport.
    True this. I'm not saying it's a bad game but it really shouldn't be called the best JRPG of this gen. I mean, with beautiful games like Eternal Sonata and Vesperia i'm actually wondering if people played any other JRPG this gen. Xenoblade feels like a 3rd-person Skyrim and after playing the Tales games of this gen the battle system feels lacking. The shitty dialog in battle doesn't help either. Hell, it's not even the best JRPG on the Wii, The Last Story is.

Also, does anyone else say Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and not Super Smash Brothers Brawl?
    I sometimes say Bros. and sometimes Brothers. :P

Hopefully we'll see more villians like him in the future Zelda games though : D I mean, part of the fun was watching Link's reactions to him
    Oh ja, Link felt sooo uncomfortable! xD

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, because it uses most of the Wii's features to there best potential. And combining that with the great story the game has it was great to go on another adventure with Link.

Skyward Sword. Great use of motion controls and it just seemed like a fantastic game. I did really enjoy Galaxy 2, Brawl & New Super Mario Bros. Wii though.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I haven't played every 'good' Wii game, but from what I have played, Super Mario Galaxy / 2 and SSBB jump straight to mind.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Mania1321 View Post
    Brawl was the ONLY good game the Wii had. Well, aside from Fire Emblem: RD.
    The Wii had lots of good games, you just need to play more game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    True this. I'm not saying it's a bad game but it really shouldn't be called the best JRPG of this gen. I mean, with beautiful games like Eternal Sonata and Vesperia i'm actually wondering if people played any other JRPG this gen. Xenoblade feels like a 3rd-person Skyrim and after playing the Tales games of this gen the battle system feels lacking. The shitty dialog in battle doesn't help either. Hell, it's not even the best JRPG on the Wii, The Last Story is.
    Xenoblade was made by Monolith Soft who is a Japanese developer, thus making it a JRPG.

Also it is nothing like a WRPG it just take some element from it.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 1st June 2012 at 1:04 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I can't be the only one that thinks Xenoblade is a WRPG with anime people.
    Anime people? Then where's their ridiculous hair?

As far as actually using the Wii's unique features (thus excluding Xenoblade and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, among others), the best is definitely Skyward Sword. All the others, like DK Country Returns, Metroid Prime: Trilogy, and Kirby's Epic Yarn, could have been replicated on a Hi-Def console without motion controls with little to no complaint. Skyward Sword is the ultimate example of the motion controls utilized with the Wii Motion Plus, the Wii's optimal motion control method.

Of course, we're not judging solely on the Wii's niche, but y'know, food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    Anime people? Then where's their ridiculous hair?

As far as actually using the Wii's unique features (thus excluding Xenoblade and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, among others), the best is definitely Skyward Sword. All the others, like DK Country Returns, Metroid Prime: Trilogy, and Kirby's Epic Yarn, could have been replicated on a Hi-Def console without motion controls with little to no complaint. Skyward Sword is the ultimate example of the motion controls utilized with the Wii Motion Plus, the Wii's optimal motion control method.

Of course, we're not judging solely on the Wii's niche, but y'know, food for thought.
    I could go on to say that even though games' like Metroid Prime: Trilogy didn't use the motion controls to their full potential, they were a hell of a lot more accurate than Skyward Sword's.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedeino View Post
    My favorites are Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and the Mario Galaxys.
    I haven't played Xenoblade but I was looking into trying it. Is it good?
    It's not good. It's amazing. I was kinda skeptical to get it at first because I'm not a big RPG gamer, but it exceeded my expectations. I definitely recommend it.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
    I also liked Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii

My top 10 Wii games:

1 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    2 - Xenoblade Chronicles
    3 - Zelda: Skyward Sword
    4 - Super Mario Galaxy
    5 - Super Mario Galaxy 2
    6 - Okami
    7 - Zelda: Twilight Princess
    8 - Metroid Prime 3
    9 - Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
    10 - Donkey Kong Country Returns

^ That's pretty much my top 10 you swap out the first Super Mario Galaxy with Monster Hunter Tri

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Smash Brothers Brawl, or Super Mario Galaxi 1-2.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Oh man, I'd probably have to say Ōkami was my favorite game for the system. Such a long and epic story, a huge world, simple combat, several tear-jerking moments... I also really liked all of the references to Japanese mythology; it sounds weird, but a part of why I liked the game was because it taught me stuff. To top it all off... art direction!!! (cookie to those who get the reference~) Highly, highly recommended for those who haven't tried it yet. People say it's a Zelda clone, but really stands alone on a high tier for the Wii.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Darak View Post
    Oh man, I'd probably have to say Ōkami was my favorite game for the system. Such a long and epic story, a huge world, simple combat, several tear-jerking moments... I also really liked all of the references to Japanese mythology; it sounds weird, but a part of why I liked the game was because it taught me stuff. To top it all off... art direction!!! (cookie to those who get the reference~) Highly, highly recommended for those who haven't tried it yet. People say it's a Zelda clone, but really stands alone on a high tier for the Wii.
    PS3 port...of a port?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'd have to say both of the Mario Galaxy games are my favorites. Not an easy choice though, since there are many other great games I like on the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by awesome105 View Post
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl is probably my most obvious pick.
    Pretty much this. Though I have heard good things about Fire Emblem and both Super Mario Galaxy games.

My favourite is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I also like Super Mario Galaxy 2, Monster Hunter Tri and Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Smash Bros rawl. Because its fun with friends to play
    Mario Galaxy 1&2. Because the levels and music are beautiful
    and
    Monster Hunter Tri. Because killing dragons is just epic xD

My favorite games for the wii are: Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Xenoblade, smash brothers brawl in that order

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast