Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Adventures - The Tohjo War (PG-13, Pre-Modern RP)

Well even if Rangers can recruit other Pokemon, it seems pretty unfair that Rangers only get one permanant Pokemon, so they can only train said Pokemon. Any Pokemon the Rangers recruit would have no battle experience and be untrained, giving the Rangers a huge disadvantage at battling, even bigger than a Breeder's disadvantages.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

You are forgetting, I have mentioned that Ranger's are not intended to do battle in Gyms, unless they so choose - they will be having a large enough challenge with the bad guys. Also, think - Rangers can still Poke Assist to an extent - they can get a Pokemon captured to attack the Pokemon they fight.

I have positive things planned for Rangers that will give them the upper hand. And they have lots of knowledge which trainers do not - do not worry abut disadvantages for Rangers - training won't be a neccessity so much as it is for Trainers and Breeders.

Well, I was going to do a character from Solaceon Ranch, but then I found out GalladeofSpades already did that. And I was going to use a Ponyta, but then I found out Lunar already did THAT. So now I'm back to square one. S***.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    Well, I was going to do a character from Solaceon Ranch, but then I found out GalladeofSpades already did that. And I was going to use a Ponyta, but then I found out Lunar already did THAT. So now I'm back to square one. S***.
    Yeah, I was going to use a Ponyta too, but then Luna did it, and... well Unown fitted Ryan better. xD

Hoping the RP doesn't start this week. I'll be out till the 26th.

I have fixed it. Tell me what you think.

Oh, right; they can only know moves which are learned at up to Level 10 and there will be move tutors at Silver Town.

I can't wait for the actual RPG to start!

Is it too late for me to reserve a trainer?
    Heres some info

Name - John greenfield

Gender-male

Age-13

Class-trainer

Hometown/region: Mauville city, Hoenn

Appearance: John is about 5'5". He was told he wouldn't get much taller, so he jokes about it often. He weighs about 135 lbs. he's bulky but fit from cycling. His hair is dark brown and curly. His eyes are a dark blue with green flecks in them. His normally white skin is tan from going to the beach every few days. He has freckles all over his face. He commonly wears a light blue shirt with fish Pokemon on the back. He wears khaki cargo shorts and sandals.

Personality: is a practical joker. His friends say he's funny. His sense of humor is dry and often cynical. However, his wisecracks and jokes make everyone feel good, including pokemon, in tough situations. If he's insulted or bullied, he prefers to laugh it off or go with it rather than fight. He has a good attitude. He's usually happy, although somewhat reserved due to his father's death at a young age.

History: his family took a vacation to port olivine in Tohjo and took a beach day. That's why he constantly goes to the beach. Rydel, owner of Rydel's cycles in Mauville city, is a close family friend of John's, so he gets the best and most recent cycles. John's mother is a ship designer in port slatewood but likes the area better in Mauville, so they live there instead. Johns father was a Pokemon trainer.

Johns father died when John was 6. He treated his Pokemon badly and only as tools for battling. In the end, he pushed them too hard and they rebelled. The Pokemon he treated bad killed him then left. They were never seen again...

Because of this, John's mother doesn't want him to have Pokemon. However, he knows that if he does get Pokemon he needs to treat them nicely and with respect. That is why his starter loves him and will never leave him. Then his mom needed to go to fallarbor farms and John, being the explorer he is, went to meteor falls. There he saw a bagon.....

Starter Pokemon: Bagon, met at meteor falls.

Nickname: Aggro

Appearance: the blue is darker than usual and the crest on the head is more silvery-gold than gray.

History: Bagon was pounding its head into a wall trying to increase it's strength. It caused a rock fall. john managed to to see the rock fall and heard the bagon crying from under it. John freed it, and they have been inseparable ever since that moment. John and Aggro trained almost every day and became a lot closer, and Aggro learned a lot about strategy and strength, and how you don't exactly need both to win.

Personality: bagon is fiery and powerful, and doesn't always agree with John, but usually they are on the same page. He never even had an Apri Ball to stay in

Moves: Headbutt
    Tackle
    Howl
    -----

Heard about silver league: Rydel told John when he was upgrading his bike. John decided it was time he and Aggro took on some challenges and become the best. He went home and told his mom. Although she was still not exactly on board with Pokemon, she let him go. He woke up early the next day to go to slatewood and get on the boat to port olivine. On the way he saw some whirlpools and caves. He and Aggro decided to go and explore once they were stronger. From there he biked to silver city...

Password: Pheonix
    Last edited by Da_bomb.com; 4th August 2012 at 4:04 AM.

Sig under construction

I dont always check threads so pm me if I'm accepted and when it starts, then I will check more often
    Last edited by Da_bomb.com; 3rd August 2012 at 2:45 AM.

Sig under construction

is it too late to sign up?
    Name: Gage McArthur

Class: Breeder

Hometown/Region: Soleceon Ranch/Sinnoh

Appearance: Gage is about 6'1". Everyone seems to think he is older than what he really is. His Body is built exceptionally well from working on his family's farm. He has a tan face and tan arms, but everything else is white. He is always wearing dark blue jeans with holes in the knees, Brown cowboy boots with his family name etched into the sides (McArthur), grey shirt thats cut on the sides and sleeves, brown bag with his journal on pokemon and his Grandfathers brown jacket, and he never goes anywhere without his tan cowboy hat that has a Staraptor feather sticking out.
    His hair isnt too long, but it isnt short, it rests just below his eyebrows. He has emerald green eyes that have blue flakes. Gage's face has is firm, He has freckles that cross over his nose. His smile is a little crooked, but not to much to notice. He has two wounds, one in his left arm from saving his little siter from a fire. The other in his left leg when he was attacked by their neighburs Luxio when he was young child. His nose and below is tan. But the top half of his face is a little whiter from constantly wearing his hat. He has scars all over his arms from working.

Personality: Gage Is normally shy when around other people. If you know him then he is outgoing, and over excited about everything. He is friendly toward pokemon and people both. He tries to help whenever he can, even with strangers, though he may still not talk much. He cares more for others than he does himself. He is up for almost anything. He will except almost any challenge. He has his manners to women. Gage will stick up for his friends when trouble rises. He would rather travel with somene but wil travel alone if he needs to be. He is also cautious about things that seem dangerous or dont gie him a good feeling. He likes to choose thngs of what might happen in the long run. If there is a problem, he thinks of all the possible outcomes that will effect him and his family later on in the future. Gage is also quick to anger. But can calm down after awhile. He also has a good sense of humor.

History: Gage is the oldest out of 6 Children. He has had trouble with his family lately. He has been venturing out into the woods to get away from his parents fighting. In doing so he has been digging a little secret base for him and his siblings. He has come from a long line of Farmers. He has dreamed of owning a pokemon since he was 10, when his youngest brother found a injured starly in the woods. Gage was the one that nursed it back to health and set it free. The starly had hung around after, but a thunderstorm had sc ared it way. Ever since Gage has been wondering in to the woods to look at the wild pokemon. Most of them had become his friends, but since his mother wouldnt let any of us keep a pokemon, she said he had to send away the ones that followed him home. Saying that the family couldnt afford to take care of any. Now since his mother has forbidden any pokemon to stay, he has just ben ignoring the urges to go out and see his friends. His father is different though, hed love to have pokemon at the house, but since his wife has already killed the idea, he settles with the pokemon at the mines.

Since he was born, Gage has always known farm life, he has never been to another region, or barely another town. He sometimes goes with his father to other towns to trade items and goods for his family. But other wise, Gage has never left home. He has had some family stay recently from the Hoenn Region. And one day, his cousin recieved a letter from a wingull from back home. Gage had recognized the wingull cause it was hatched in his hme, when his relatives brought it with them to show the family. His cousin had been invited to the Silver Town Campaign in Tohjo. Gage then realized that his cousin stopped reading out loud and was looking at him, he said that Gage should get a pokemon, and enter the campaign. gage and his cousin then stayed up all night talking his mom into letting Gage get a pokemon. They came to an agreement that Gage would have to find it on his own, and that they would start to pay him to pay for his pokemon. His cousin handed him a book and the invitation to the Campaign. He was giving Gage his invitation. And the book read :Beginners Breeding." Gage then went venturing out the next day, he came across all kinds of pokemon, even some old friends, but they didnt recognize him. and as gage was about to start calling it quits, he heard a loud roar coming from the deepest woods. he ran to find out what it was, and what he found was a wounded female Aggron, she was discolored than most aggron that he saw in his book. She had red eyes, and a sort of tealish skin. She was wounded in her shoulders, Gage could tell that she would not make it, and that the wound was man-made, she then looked up and pulled Gage to a cave entrance, it had footprints, and eggshells scattered everywhere. It looked like some poachers were hunting the Aggron. Gage followed her to the of the cave, where she picked up a hollowed out rock, and under was an baby Aron. The aron was frightened. It had the same color of its mother. Except its left eye was blue and the other red. It had long scar on its back, no doubt from another pokemon. He then realized what he need to do, he picked up the aron and tucked it in his bag, and was holding it in front to check on it every now and then. The mother aggron led them out, and Gage could hear yelling, the Aggron pushed Gag in the direction he came from, then she took off towards the direction of the yelling, he then took off runing to his home.

Gage Had introduced the aron to his family, telling them about what had happened. He left the aron in his room to rest, and went to work. When he came back, the aronwas sitting at the door, greeting Gage as he got in. Gage brought along some berries, and his father said he would bring home some ores from the mine tomorrow, as Gage had said that they eat iron and ore to grow.
    Aron and Gage have been out battling with Gage's pokemon friend safter he started visitng more. aron ha s leveled up to about level 7.
    Starter Pokémon: Aron

Nickname (if any): Chad

Gender (or Genderless): Male

Pokémon Appearance: Shiny, though it has different colored eyes, scars on its head and back.

Pokémon Personality: Chad is over excited as well. He tends to help pokemon as well. He helps Gages parents at home, and helps Gage with farming. He is also very friendly, and very outgoing. Not shy at all. He always agrees with Gage, and seems to be just like him in a way.

Pokémon History: Aron was hatched 6 days before the poachers came. He was the only one hidden, as his brothers and sisters were taken away.

Attacks: Harden, Iron Head (egg move)

Password: Phoenix
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Hey do I have to change my characters clothes to fit the time? If of course he's accepted

Sig under construction

Can I reserve a Ranger spot please?
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

can i have a reserved trainer??
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

I haven't seen any posts about sign ups being closed so:

Name Graham Shepard

Class Ranger

Age 17

Gender Male

Hometown/Region Port Slatewood/Hoenn

Appearence Graham is well built thanks to the work he does in towing the ships in and out of the Port Slatewood. He is about 6'2 with a good amount of bicep muscle and a physically fit core. His eyes are a hard blue and he has very dark medium length curly hair that he uses to cover his large ears. He wears a hat with a string that is used to tighten it to the head in order to protect himself from the sun. He still has a few freckles though along with a face and farmers tan. His shirt is light green that is washed out from getting wet many times so the color is faded, it has no sleeves. His shorts are a dark brown color that are loose fitting and a little big on him. He wears simple brown sandels that have little too them but are durable and look as though they need to be, having taken quite a beating. His Despite his lifestyle he likes to maintain the best hygene he can and has fairly white teeth and clear skin. He has noticeable bruises and scuffs on his arms and legs from work in the port. He has a burn on his left leg that is faded but still noticeable. Overall he is an appealing looking person, not a lot to complain about but not really anything special. As previously stated his body is in very good shape although slightly unevenly built towards his left side as he is left handed and uses his left side to take the bulk of his work.

Personality Ironically Graham isn't one for hard work. He understands its importance because of his upbringing, but is actually pretty lazy. He is equally as driven as he is lazy however, and is willing to do whatever it takes to realize his gutsy and a little over the top goals, and often these two traits conflict with each other. Another thing that drives graham is his competetivness, he never refuses the oppurtunity to take on a challenge and prove himself. This can be a double edged sword though, as he can be a little hot headed at times and leap before he looks. Graham can be a little silly and enjoyed joking around and having fun, a lot of times if a situation is awkward or sad he will try to break it up by doing something silly. Graham can be impatient at Ike's especially when things are going differently than he planned. Graham deeply cares for pokemon, and even as a kid always showed a desire to ensure that pokemon are safe and happy. He has a strong dislike for people who do wrong towards pokemon, obviously, and also doesnt like people who lie, or who don't have any form of compassion for living things. Grahams biggest fear is simply that he won't be good enough to accomplish his goals and that he won't be able to make something of himself. As much as he enjoys the simple small lifestyle he grew up with, in order to accomplish his goals he knows he has to leave his hometown and family soon. This devistates him as family is just as important to him as pokemon. Finally, Graham is lookin for love, but is a pretty hopeless romantic, despite his nice appearence.

History Graham grew up in one of the biggest ports in Hoenn, meaning the Ocean is in his blood. His father has a close relationship with him and taught graham his craft of constructing, repairing, towing, and sailing boats. His mother ran a near by pokemon daycare, not a big one. A small one that focuses on showing each pokemon that comes in love and care. Graham learned a lot about this career too and enjoyed it more than the hard labor of working with boats all day. His mother was a caring and gentle person and taught graham that pokemon are precious beings and not just tools for work. His father taught him that hard work is important, and yields results. It was obvious from an early age he was going to combine these two lessons to make something of himself in the world, from swimming out to rescue a group of maril and wingull during an oil spill, to finding an injured shroomish in the outskirts of town and nursing it back to health using an iapapa recipe taught to him by his mother. It seemed like the life of a ranger was one he would be good at. But with the work with the ships and the daycare, he had little time during the day to consider his future. Often Graham woul find himself in the woods outside of town when he wanted to get away from his work in the port to relax, he usually wasn't successfull in sneaking away but today he was able to get to the forest and take a nap. He was soon woken by a sloth like Pokemon that he had never seen before, once he was done being startled he was interested in this new looking species, he thought it seemed young. Before he could really introduce himself though,they were interrupted by orange flames seen in the distance. Once they escape (which is described in the Pokemon history) he is forced to try and heal the Pokemon on his own when his mother tells him the slakoth doesn't have any chance of making it. He constantly sneakes away from work to aid to the slakoth, hoping it will survive.

His constant trips to the forest created a rift between graham and his parents, especially his dad. He was being blamed for slaking on his work because they thought he was lazy, which used to be true, but obviously isn't anymore. He continues to want to see what is out there and wants an adventure but his dad is resistant of the idea. Naturally all sorts of people come into the port from the regions, and graham is always willing to have a chat with the visitors if it means getting out of hard work, so when an elderly man approached home one day he treated him with a warm smile. The old man was from Kanto and had a lot to say about the conflict in Tohjo and the silver campaign. Graham thought this would be a perfect opportunity to help Pokemon and take the adventure he had begun to crave. The man laughed and appreciated Graham's excitement, he said that if he was interested, he should find a Pokemon he could see him partnering with for a long time and take a boat to Tohjo. He then gave graham a shiny red pokeball, tipped his hat, and was on his way. Graham quickly caught his Pokemon, and a month later after getting his parents on board, he was on a boat to Tohjo.

Starter Slakoth

Nickname Harbor

Gender Male

Appearence Harbor is a little more skinny than most its species. But seems to have physically promising features like long claws. It has more energetic eyes than most slakoth. He has burn marks like Graham's across his entire body that are faded and look like they have healed.

Personallity Harbor struggles with its natural laziness all the time, It so bad wants to proove it's self that it gets frustrated frequently when it doesnt have the energy to do things. It is very competetive like Graham. Harbor craves the feeling of being needed and wants people and pokemon to feel like they can rely on him. It enjoys success, and enjoys leading and being in charge, many things it struggles to do because it is a slakoth. Graham and harbor butt heads early on because of all these limitations, and because they are both very driven and fiery.

Poke History Harbor had only been born a few months prior to meeting graham. The Pokemon was failrly independent to the pack and was very curious when it saw a human sleeping in their habitat. He awoke the trainer, who seemed friendly once he had gotten over being woken up. Then a flame caught both of their eyes and graham was trying to get harbor to move, but it just didn't have the energy to. Graham was confused but the fire was getting closer, so he ran back and threw the slakoth over his shoulder and started sprinting towards the end. A tree on fire fell and struck them, burning them. But graham kept moving and eventually made it out. The slakoth was critically injured, and when graham took it to his mother she said he wouldn't make it regardless of what was done. Graham didn't accept this though. He snuck into the woods and took pechora berries from the daycare for weeks to care for the slakoth. The rift between graham and his family grew larger but the treatment was working. By the time slakoth had recovered, graham had met the man and received the poke ball. His decision was easy, as him and the slakoth had grown together throughout the incident. The slakoth was eager to be put into the ball. After Harbor had been captured, graham decided to tell his parents what he had been up to and what his plans were. His mother was completely proud if how he had saved the slakoth. His dad was hesitant of him leaving and dissointed he would not be a sailor, but decided he could make his own decisions. In the passing weeks before graham left, he was getting really frustrated with harbor. He couldn't understand why harbor was soo lethargic, and figured after all he had done harbor would be willing to work harder. The day the ferry left soon arrived, and after having such bad training sessions, graham could only listen to the words of advice of his mother during their goodbyes. "You and your Pokemon have a special relationship, trust that, get to know harbor more, you never know what might happen."

Attacks Scratch
    Yawn

Phoenix
    Last edited by Sheps™; 13th August 2012 at 11:16 PM.

Not to be rude but when is the actual RPG going to start?

I know right. This one seems really good than all the others I see. I just hope I get accepted. Id really like to join this one.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Hey All. I've had a lot going on, and have admittedly neglected this thread more than it should have been. Everyone who has posted, you are all ACCEPTED! I am a bit unsure on certain features but I'll iron them out.

The RP starts Monday, I repeated, MONDAY. That is, the 13th of August.

Be there. The Tohjo War is starting. (Pun may or may not be intended).

Sorry for the delay everyone, but family and holiday school-work comes before my RP'ing, as much as I do love it.

EDIT: I will be placing my character's SU's here on Sunday Night/Monday morning, before the launch of the RP. I'll be playing as a Ranger and a Trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy95 View Post
    I am a bit unsure on certain features but I'll iron them out.
    if there is anything wrong with mine, please tell me. And hey I understands about the family. No worries! but I may or may not be a bit slow, cause I am having t use my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    if there is anything wrong with mine, please tell me. And hey I understands about the family. No worries! but I may or may not be a bit slow, cause I am having t use my phone.
    No problems - I'm doing a fourth read-through of them, to finalise any blips, however to be fair most of these blips can be solved during the RP, as they won't cause a problem until further in.

Right, anyone who has reserves, you have until Monday the 20th to get the Sign-Ups posted.

Ok post a link on this thread can't wait! And for me school starts on Monday so I will have to post early morning or afternoon
    Last edited by Da_bomb.com; 11th August 2012 at 6:55 PM.

Sig under construction

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Good celebration! So it's like a Season Premier! Hedge can appear in your first story right?

I have high hopes for this RPG

Sig under construction

I can't wait until Monday. It's been so long since I've wrote an a RPG that wasn't my own. Tears fill eyes* Holds sketchbook with title Project Legends*

I don't have a reserve, so I hope it is okay that I post this sign up.

Name: Malcom Albers

Class: Breeder

Hometown/Region: Port Lilycove/Hoenn

Appearance: Malcom stands at about 5' 9" and tends to have good posture. He has a bit muscle for his age, but nothing particularly impressive. His skin is fairly tan because of the tropical area he lives in and the fact that he spends the majority of his time outside. His face has a boyish look to it and makes Malcom look a little younger than he actually is. He has black hair that goes down to the bottom of his neck in the back. It is often messy and lightly covers his ears, but Malcom grooms it enough to keep it out of his face. His eyes are dark brown, almost black, and are almond-shaped. He almost always has an arrogant smirk on his face.

Malcom wears a red short-sleaved shirt with yellow stitching. The shirt's collar goes down to the top of the chest. It is slightly worn from how often he wears it. His shorts are dark blue and very basic with a pocket on both sides. He wears a necklace made of a Sharpedo tooth and some leather. Malcom wears black sandals that are also worn from use. He also has a blue jacket for colder weather that he keeps in a brown bag with his other supplies.

Personality: Malcom is an extremely confident person. He can be over-confident at times, even arrogant. Because of his abundance of confidence doesn't back down and never gives up. He is not like this without reason, Malcom works hard every day training and does everything he can to get better. This hard work ethic comes from the desire to prove himself, to show that he's great. To show that he can continue down a difficult path and persevere. He is unwilling to resort to dirty tactics in order to win because he feels that it cheapens the victory. While he does have pride, Malcom is willing to make morally ambigious decisions.

Malcom is also fairly self-centered and unless you're a close to him he doesn't care too much about you. He won't go out of his way to hurt people or to be rude, but if it isn't in his best intrest then its unlikely that he'll help. However, he has a soft spot for Pokemon and tends to be more helpful to them.

History: Malcom comes from a lower-class family. They managed to get by on what they earned, but there was never much extra cash around. So in order to help the family and earn some pocket change for himself he did odd jobs around Lilycove. When he was about 13 he meet an old couple that ran a Pokemon Day Care. The couple needed some help with the Day Care and Malcom offered to help out whenever they needed him. This was great job for Malcom because he was always amazed by Pokemon. The owners of the Day Care were not able pay Malcom much, but he said he was okay with it because he got to learn so much about Pokemon.However, the owners wanted to something special for Malcom after about a year and a half of helping them and gave him a Pokemon egg that a customer didn't want. Malcom thought that it was a bit too much from them, but because this was a chance to have Pokemon could not bring himself to turn them down. He was sure that he would be a great trainer.

In a few weeks the egg hatched and it was a Makuhita. Once he hatched nearly all of Malcom's waking hours were working and training. His parents were happy that their son had a Pokemon because they knew how much he loved them. He would often have Pokemon battles with other new trainer and would often put small bets on the match. One day a friend of his was telling him about the Silver Town Campaign that he heard about from his older brother, whom was a sailor. Malcom thought that this would be a great achievement for him and wanted to go. He gathered up all of the money that he saved up, earned some more through the Day Care, and some from slightly higher bets in his Pokemon battles. His parents were sad that he was going to be leaving, but happy for him. Malcom was worried about the Day Care, but the owners assured him they would be fine.

Other: Knows how to treat very basic injuries.

Starter Pokémon: Makuhita

Gender (or Genderless): Male

Pokémon Appearance: While the same height as most Makuhita it is slightly bulkier.

Pokémon Personality: Makuhita has much in common with Malcom. He is a very proud Pokemon that enjoys battling. He does not like dodging attacks and perfers to block them. He is not nearly as confident in his abilities as Malcom, but makes up for it with bravery. He never runs away from a fight even if he doesn't think he can win. Makuhita is extremely loyal to Malcom and would do almost anything that he asked.

Pokémon History: Makuhita's parents were left at the Day Care that Malcom was helping out at. The parents' trainers did not want the egg so the owners of the Day Care gave the egg to Malcom to thank him. When Makuhita first hatched he was a very timid Pokemon, but after spending so much time with Malcom his personality started to match Malcom's.

Attacks: Tackle
    Focus Energy
    Sand Attack
    Revenge (Egg Move)

Pokémon Other: N/A

Password: Phoenix

Sure, you are accepted.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast