Thread: Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show.

Default Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show.

He announced it on Tuesday night. So he'll be replaced in the future.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewa...-someone-else/

First Colbert, now this ;____;

Best Wishes to the man. He was great.

Yeah, GG comedy central. With Colbert gone and now Stewart, they lost their entire late-night programming and pretty much any reason for people to watch barring South Park/Simpsons reruns.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU/NU supporter, "Shop" Owner, Steam Pillager, and Spawn-Camper-Beater-Upper.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

The Nightly Show is pretty alright -- a bit spotty, though. But yes, this is going to end up being a huge loss for CC barring them somehow getting a replacement (please not John Oliver, though -- Last Week Tonight is too good to change the host on.)

I'm hoping they bring in Adam Sandler, as at this point they need a "big star" to even make their station relevant. That being said, I don't think anyone'll want to watch any late night now with everyone barring Kimmel being new to it (Colbert as well, as Letterman's job was way different than his).
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU/NU supporter, "Shop" Owner, Steam Pillager, and Spawn-Camper-Beater-Upper.

I hope he does well with whatever. He's worked for a long time, so I suppose he's earned some time with the family.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    I'm hoping they bring in Adam Sandler
    not all Jews are created equal

They can't bring in Adam Sandler they need someone actually funny.

Yeah, GG comedy central. With Colbert gone and now Stewart, they lost their entire late-night programming and pretty much any reason for people to watch barring South Park/Simpsons reruns.
    Yeah, Comedy Central will never be the same again.

Also, since when does Comedy Central air Simpsons reruns? I've been watching CC fairly regularly since 2010 and I've never seen them air the Simpsons.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm hoping they bring in Adam Sandler
    let's not and say we did

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    They can't bring in Adam Sandler they need someone actually funny.
    this

I mean, to be honest, I'm hoping for someone from the show already, too. Unfortunately, it probably won't be Jessica Williams, who said that she doesn't want the pressure.

IDK who they could bring in from outside the show as a replacement. As far as inside the show, I'd be fine with anyone who didn't come in after 2012. Jason Jones, Samantha Bee, Aasif Mandvi, Al Madrigal, any of those guys.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Yeah, the problem is that everyone from that show who had pure comedic gold (colbert, wilmore) already has a show, or in colbert's case he had one and used the sheer brilliance off that to snag another one. Steve Carrell could be an interesting choice, as he's already proven to be a pretty damn good success (using the daily show to star in movies/tv shows) so hosting this wouldn't "hurt" his career if he fails. They need a proven guy though, as if CC tries to sell late night with two "rookies" they'll fall faster than a fat guy jumping into a ballpit.

Oh, and they play simpsons reruns on CC at 9pm in canada (at least they have for a while). Adam Sandler could fit as a talk show host, seeing as he's one of the few actors out there who could make his career better by being more serious. Toss in a fart joke every now and then, and have Chris Rock/Rob Schneider do segments, and I'd have quite a bit of interest in it. Not Kevin James though, that guy is about as funny as teen pregnancy.

Adam Sandler doesn't care, idiots see his movies where all he does is the same 2 silly voices and jokes.

Steve Carrell could be an interesting choice, as he's already proven to be a pretty damn good success (using the daily show to star in movies/tv shows) so hosting this wouldn't "hurt" his career if he fails.
    The problem with Steve Carrell is that he'd have to give up his acting career to host the show, and the latter is most likely more lucrative.

They need a proven guy though, as if CC tries to sell late night with two "rookies" they'll fall faster than a fat guy jumping into a ballpit..
    Well I wouldn't call Wilmore a "rookie", but he's definitely not a household name yet.

I'm hoping they bring in Adam Sandler, as at this point they need a "big star" to even make their station relevant. That being said, I don't think anyone'll want to watch any late night now with everyone barring Kimmel being new to it (Colbert as well, as Letterman's job was way different than his).
    First Sandler, then suggesting Carrell fresh off his Oscar Nom.. The one would tank the show just like all his movies flop, while Carrell would kill his own carreerpath.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The problem with Steve Carrell is that he'd have to give up his acting career to host the show, and the latter is most likely more lucrative.
    I'm pretty sure you meant the "Former" is more lucractive.. Unless you were in fact referring to hosting the show..

After Foxcatcher, Carrell is probably going to get a good few chunky offers. He just broke into a new genre, let him explore a bit before rusting on television.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-