Thread: The Peanuts Movie (by Schulz) (News/Update/Pre-Release Discussion Thread 2.0)

Default The Peanuts Movie (by Schulz) (News/Update/Pre-Release Discussion Thread 2.0)

To commemorate the 65th anniversary of the Peanuts comic strip as well as the 50th anniversary of the first special,
    A Charlie Brown Christmas, the companies, Peanuts Worldwide, 20th Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios
    had announced that a fifth feature film would be released as a celebration back in October of 2012. The Peanuts Movie (by Schulz) releases to theaters November 6th, 2015.

Screenplay:
    Craig Schulz (Son of Charles Schulz), Bryan Schulz (Son of Craig Schulz/Grandson of Charles Schulz) with Cornelius Uliano

Producer:
    Paul Feig

Director:
    Steve Martino (Director of Blue Sky Studios' Horton Hears a Who! By Dr. Seuss)

Teaser Trailer from March 18th, 2014:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1FNL_iIp5c

Official Trailer #1:

Also released from USA Today from Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox was new concept art for The Peanuts Movie (by Schulz):
        Spoiler:

As the thread title suggests, please feel free to chime in it, at any time.

UPDATE 12-27-2014:

Cast of The Peanuts Movie (by Schulz) revealed. Children are voicing the characters, continuing on the tradition of having kids voice them since A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Spoiler:

Bill Melendez as Snoopy and Woodstock (archival recordings)

Noah Schnapp as Charlie Brown

Mar Mar as Franklin

Francesca Capaldi as The Little-Red Haired Girl

Alex Garfin as Linus Van Pelt

Hadley Miller as Lucy Van Pelt

Rebecca Bloom as Marcie

Mariel Sheets as Sally Brown

Anastasia Bredikhina as Patty

Venus Schultheis as Peppermint Patty

AJ Tecce as Pig-Pen

Noah Johnston as Schroeder

William Wunsch as Shermy

Madisyn Shipman as Violet

And here is the full-new design of The Little-Red Haired Girl:

We handle it very respectfully. We knew we wanted this movie to be bigger than any kind of TV special. To do that, we had to kind of go to the boundaries of where I would ever let anyone go in the Peanuts world.
    - Craig Schulz
    Last edited by Kalos Adventurer; 28th November 2014 at 7:07 PM.
    Opinions on:
    The Anime: AG > BW = XY (Year 2- present) > OS (Orange Islands) > XY (Year 1) > OS (Indigo League) > DP > OS (Johto)

English Dub:
    4Kids/TAJ Productions (Seasons 1-5) = 4Kids Entertainment (Seasons 6-8) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin) >
    TPCi/DuArt Film and Video (Seasons 14 - 16) > TPCi/DuArt Film and Video (Season 11-13) > TPCi/TAJ Productions (Season 9-10) >
    TPCi/DuArt Film and Video (Season 17)

The Games: BW > ORAS = RSE > B2W2 > XY > GSC = HGSS > DPP > FRLG = RBY

Pokémon: The Origin: 65/100 (Meh)

The Movies: AG > OS > (Prediction) XY = BW > DP[/quote]

Wait, the Little Red Haired Girl is going to be in this film? Far as I remember, she only ever showed up in person once in the entire franchise (not counting the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show intro), and I don't think she had a speaking role. Usually, she's just off-screen. Wow, kinda didn't expect that. I also wonder if this is a slight redesign, as she has longer hair in "It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown".

Also, nitpick here as I'm looking at the picture of all the kids, Snoopy, and Woodstock and his buddies laughing at Charlie Brown (which is sad to look at, because of that--poor Chuck), but Frieda's hair doesn't look red. But then again, I think she was once portrayed as blonde, at least according to this picture here. Interesting... I wonder if they were trying for a strawberry-blonde color? It would have more red in it if that was the intent, though, so... *shrugs*

Again, I'm still trying to keep from expecting another "Snoopy, Come Home", but I wonder if this is going to be another Peanuts' Christmas, this time as a theatrical movie?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

New Poster:
    Opinions on:
    The Anime: AG > BW = XY (Year 2- present) > OS (Orange Islands) > XY (Year 1) > OS (Indigo League) > DP > OS (Johto)

English Dub:
    4Kids/TAJ Productions (Seasons 1-5) = 4Kids Entertainment (Seasons 6-8) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin) >
    TPCi/DuArt Film and Video (Seasons 14 - 16) > TPCi/DuArt Film and Video (Season 11-13) > TPCi/TAJ Productions (Season 9-10) >
    TPCi/DuArt Film and Video (Season 17)

The Games: BW > ORAS = RSE > B2W2 > XY > GSC = HGSS > DPP > FRLG = RBY

Pokémon: The Origin: 65/100 (Meh)

The Movies: AG > OS > (Prediction) XY = BW > DP[/quote]