Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 107

Thread: Skyler Page (Creator of Clarence) fired after multiple Sexual Assault claims.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default Skyler Page (Creator of Clarence) fired after multiple Sexual Assault claims.

    I'm not exactly sure how many people here actually enjoy this show (probably not many), but for anyone who's gonna wonder why Clarence's voice will change, this is why.

    http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/claren...ily-partridge/
    http://patrickharpin.tumblr.com/post...story-reaction

    I thought he was a pretty cool guy till I randomly heard about this through Twitter, and i'm glad CN did something about it after getting solid proof.

    So what do you guys think about this whole issue? (Wether you watch the show or not).
    Also the show is confirmed to continue without Page's aid.
    If anyone is interested I have found a few videos on Youtube on the matter and both are pretty good.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dVrk_mVJjgs
    That one is the most viewed.
    And this one https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnziYH3PPik
    isn't the greatest, but compared to the others it's the other most mature approach to the whole thing.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 12th July 2014 at 5:21 AM. Reason: The voice of Clarence will change, not probably.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    I love Clarence.

    I don't like the guy who created him at all. Because of this. This is just ****ed up. Glad he is being removed fom Cartoon Network studios because that stuff shouldn't ever fly.

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,958

    Default

    Darn, I was hoping it would mean the show would be cancelled.

    But yeah, that kind of stuff is not acceptable, CN did the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    So I managed to find an article that explains what happened a bit better than what I had originally linked.

    Apon doing so I find out he's diagnosed with a disorder (not that it excuses anything) but it's definitely note worthy.

    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-com...ns-101061.html
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    So I managed to find an article that explains what happened a bit better than what I had originally linked.

    Apon doing so I find out he's diagnosed with a disorder (not that it excuses anything) but it's definitely note worthy.

    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-com...ns-101061.html
    If this is a result of a psychological disorder, then he definitely needs professional help.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    If this is a result of a psychological disorder, then he definitely needs professional help.
    He's currently in a hospital getting treatment.
    As stated in the link by a close friend of his.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Assault is bad and all no doubt, but where's the real proof? All I see is a bunch of tweets with all talk, no show.


    Not trying to be a bad guy but come on!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    Assault is bad and all no doubt, but where's the real proof? All I see is a bunch of tweets with all talk, no show.


    Not trying to be a bad guy but come on!
    What proof do you want? The only thing we have to go by is what a few co-workers said, and while it may not be the most reliable source it's still something to go on.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    What proof do you want? The only thing we have to go by is what a few co-workers said, and while it may not be the most reliable source it's still something to go on.
    Even if there's no physical evidence, you can't just fire someone because of a claim.
    I don't know why this even started on Twitter in the first place, it shoulda been behind close doors until a proper verdict can be made.

    Now we have people all across the internet calling Page "a monster", without knowing what really happened.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    635

    Default

    I always knew that whoever came up with that show couldn't be all there in the head. I guess it's good that he's getting help though.

    Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    Even if there's no physical evidence, you can't just fire someone because of a claim.
    I don't know why this even started on Twitter in the first place, it shoulda been behind close doors until a proper verdict can be made.

    Now we have people all across the internet calling Page "a monster", without knowing what really happened.
    If Patrick Harpins tumblr is anything to go by, and Skyler's mental illness is taken into account we can pretty much assume the guy wasn't exactly right in the head, that doesn't give him a right to sexually assault anyone but he was obviously not stable to begin with.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 6th July 2014 at 7:00 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    If Patrick Harpins tumblr is anything to go by, and Skyler's mental illness is taken into account we can pretty much assume the guy wasn't exactly right in the head, that doesn't give him a right to sexually assault anyone but he was obviously not stable to begin with.
    Right.
    But even still the media shouldn't have been so quick to jump to conclusions. CN made the right call for the time being, however I expect a court hearing in the near future. I can already tell this whole thing will get out of hand fast.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    Right.
    But even still the media shouldn't have been so quick to jump to conclusions. CN made the right call for the time being, however I expect a court hearing in the near future. I can already tell this whole thing will get out of hand fast.
    Out of hand? O_O
    As far as I can see, this has only been a big deal on Twitter, Tumblr, media websites, and the adult swim message boards.
    If anything this whole situation is a bit underexposed if ya ask me.
    It's not a big deal until it reaches to CNN or Fox News then everyone knows and CN is forced to speak about it.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Out of hand? O_O
    As far as I can see, this has only been a big deal on Twitter, Tumblr, media websites, and the adult swim message boards.
    If anything this whole situation is a bit underexposed if ya ask me.
    It's not a big deal until it reaches to CNN or Fox News then everyone knows and CN is forced to speak about it.
    Out of hand as in people are too quick to take sides with the little info we have.
    Assuming we get a trial I can already see the internet getting into whether the claims are lies, or whether he's really too dangerous to go back to his old job.
    Glad CN is staying quite about the whole matter, even making some Clarence videos private. Like the "Hug Force" which as of right is pretty awkward considering what's currently happened.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    Assault is bad and all no doubt, but where's the real proof? All I see is a bunch of tweets with all talk, no show.


    Not trying to be a bad guy but come on!
    What reason do you have to assume that anyone would lie about this? Sexual assault victims have enough trouble being taken seriously in the first place.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    He's currently in a hospital getting treatment.
    As stated in the link by a close friend of his.
    Well that's good then.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    Glad CN is staying quite about the whole matter, even making some Clarence videos private. Like the "Hug Force" which as of right is pretty awkward considering what's currently happened.
    LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if that episode ends up banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post

    LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if that episode ends up banned.
    I don't think a ban is necessary, a delay is more appropriate.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    What reason do you have to assume that anyone would lie about this? Sexual assault victims have enough trouble being taken seriously in the first place.
    For publicity, and twisted satisfaction of getting someone fired.
    I didn't say she's lying, she's just doubtful.
    Besides both sides have everything to gain, and everything to lose.
    Last edited by FlorgesPower2; 6th July 2014 at 8:38 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AscendingFire View Post
    I always knew that whoever came up with that show couldn't be all there in the head. I guess it's good that he's getting help though.
    It's a good show, not too different from old school Rugrats or something. And if you read the link posted earlier you know that Page didn't really do much work on the show, partially due to the mental illness. So the content of the show is really an representation of Page's mental state.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    What reason do you have to assume that anyone would lie about this? Sexual assault victims have enough trouble being taken seriously in the first place.
    This times infinity.

    Even the guy's friends are saying there have been past issues, so it is far from baseless.

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/


  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    I'm just glad to know the whole crew won't lose their jobs over this mess.
    And when I found out Page had almost nothing to do with the show, my respect in Clarence went back to normal.
    However i'm a tad nervous how the characters personality will change due to all this.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Yeah Skyer Page is presumably batshit insane, but again until I can get good evidence (not from twitter) I won't take her word for granted.

    Twitter was a awful way to start all this.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    Yeah Skyer Page is presumably batshit insane, but again until I can get good evidence (not from twitter) I won't take her word for granted.

    Twitter was a awful way to start all this.
    But because of his mental state, it's hard to say he's 100% innocent.
    And while you may be right about the whole "Twitter was a bad way to start all this" she wanted as much as support as she could get.

    This will probably go to court (when Skyler Page is saine again) and when it does, you'll get your evidence.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 6th July 2014 at 9:29 PM. Reason: Grammar error
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    But because of his mental state, it's hard to say he's 100% innocent.
    And while you may be right about the whole "Twitter was a bad way to start all this" she wanted as much as support as she could get.

    This is probably go to court (when Skyler Page is saine again) and when it does, you'll get your evidence.
    Bringing her co-workers as witnesses won't be enough, and i'm sure bringing the random people who retweeted her status during the matter won't count.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    Bringing her co-workers as witnesses won't be enough, and i'm sure bringing the random people who retweeted her status during the matter won't count.
    So you're basically saying she's lying end of story?
    Because you nor I have no clue what happened in that studio so nor you or I have a right to say who's right or wrong.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    So you're basically saying she's lying end of story?
    Because you nor I have no clue what happened in that studio so nor you or I have a right to say who's right or wrong.
    Well making claims over a social media site ain't exactly helping her credibility.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •