View Poll Results: Do You Believe In the Supernatural?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you Believe

    13 59.09%
  • Or You Don't Believe

    9 40.91%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80

Thread: Do you believe in supernatural things?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    ............
    Posts
    201

    Default Do you believe in supernatural things?

    Strange things have always happend to me and my family for a long time.Ever since my stepfather passed away, we have been protected somehow against somethings.One day we were going down our driveway, going to a family party, then my mom lost control of the brakes(The car we had to use at the time was very old.)we just kept going we couldn't stop it or make it turn, If the car had kept going we would have crashed into a gas pipeline.Somehow the car suddenly jerked to the right which made it crash into a tree, just feet away from possibly exploding.From that day forward we have always kinda knew there was someone watching over us.I know it sounds strange but that was the ONLY thing that kept us safe and alive today.This might also sound strange, but everyone in my family has somekind of ability.I have multiple abilitys, I am extremely strong empath with both humans and animals. I can astral project to people who live halfway across a country. Things move around me when I dont have control of my emotions.I can also see peoples auras.My mom use to do divination stuff but wont ever do it now.I get my empathy from her. She can also find ANYTHING. My dad is were I get my astral projection strengthened, becuse my mom's uncle could also do that.My great grandmother is extremely lucky.My great grandfather can get any machine to work no matter what.My stepfather, when he was alive would get morning sickness at the exact same time as my mom before she had my twin brothers. Half A State Away.Thats just the tip of the iceberg of strange things that happen to us.So do you believe in the supernatural?Edit:This is a discussion thread, not a debate thread.If you believe you can talk about stuff on here, If you don't you can just simply post saying you don't and you don't have to come back here.After the poll ends we can start discussing stuff on here.
    Last edited by DracosWulfgar; 9th November 2016 at 2:31 AM.

    ( Banner made by American Pi )
    " Ive got the Fire in my heart and No ones putting it out"
    FB profile Here

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    with my jackaboy
    Posts
    476

    Default

    I absolutly do
    in fact I practice witchcraft
    and follow most of their beleifs

    banner by the lovely american pi
    my fizzy bubbles profile
    asb
    *highfives all 'round* *wapsh**wapsh*

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Magical Land of Yeld
    Posts
    145

    Default

    I don't believe that supernatural stuff exists, but since it's an unfalsifiable hypothesis, I can't say for sure that it doesn't exist.

    On the other hand, a lot of the stories about supernatural-seeming occurrences can't be explained by what we currently understand of science. For example, several of my relatives, as well as one of my friends (who isn't related to my family at all), have dreams that predict the near future. Personally, I think it's more likely that this kind of thing can be explained by some kind of science we haven't yet discovered than that it can be attributed to otherworldly phenomena, but who knows?

    Even if supernatural phenomena were proven to exist, I wouldn't believe in it, because there's no point believing in something that exists. It would be like believing in tables. (Yes, this is how I approach life in general. A blend of skepticism and semantics.)
    There is no paper big enough for what I'm going to draw today
    There is no shouting loud enough to tell you what I've got to got to say!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    ............
    Posts
    201

    Default Extraterrestrials

    Everyone thinks that there is no such thing as Extraterrestrials, or UFOs, but there is.
    People see them nearly all the time and report them, but when the government gets involved they say that it was some passing plane or a weather balloon. The thing is though it really is aliens and UFOs the governments just covers it up so the entire world doesn't go into total panic mode.

    Abductions could be real though...
    I can't say that any thing like that has happend to me or anyone I know, but NOBODY BELIEVED me when three stars in the shape of a triangle stayed in the same spot for five days and did not move AT ALL.

    I believe however that we [as a planet.] have had encounters with aliens all throughout our History.

    ( Banner made by American Pi )
    " Ive got the Fire in my heart and No ones putting it out"
    FB profile Here

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    with my jackaboy
    Posts
    476

    Default

    I believe that there is life beyond our planet

    banner by the lovely american pi
    my fizzy bubbles profile
    asb
    *highfives all 'round* *wapsh**wapsh*

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Here's a hint... POT
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Alien life isn't supernatural by any stretch of the word. This is a conversation for a different topic.

    To answer your question, not only do I not believe in supernatural things, but I believe that the very concept of supernatural is, by its own definition, impossible. As nature colloquially refers to things found in the observable universe around us, it's pretty safe to say that nature and reality are synonyms in this context. If something is supernatural, or outside of or above nature, it is outside of or above reality. In other words, unreal.

    Even if magic, witchcraft, ghosts, or whatever your superstition is were real, they wouldn't be supernatural, they would simply be a facet of nature we have yet to understand. But there is absolutely zero credible scientific evidence for any of these supposed phenomenon and anyone who can prove otherwise under proper observatory conditions would have been, until very recently, eligible for a million dollars from the JREF. However, in 2015 the JREF terminated the challenge in order to use the money for something more productive after it had gone unclaimed since 1964.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    616

    Default

    This guy is a troll.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conquering Storm View Post
    On the other hand, a lot of the stories about supernatural-seeming occurrences can't be explained by what we currently understand of science. For example, several of my relatives, as well as one of my friends (who isn't related to my family at all), have dreams that predict the near future. Personally, I think it's more likely that this kind of thing can be explained by some kind of science we haven't yet discovered than that it can be attributed to otherworldly phenomena, but who knows?
    In fact, this is pretty much explained by a combination of statistics and how our memories frequently get distorted without us noticing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    ............
    Posts
    201

    Default

    • First

    I am not a troll, I had a bad day last time.
    • Second

    That alien stuff isn't really normal to most of us, but whatever, I think that the supernatural stuff is just really extraordinary cool nature so... Whatever you believe thats fine I won't force you to believe.
    Last edited by DracosWulfgar; 30th October 2016 at 3:28 AM.

    ( Banner made by American Pi )
    " Ive got the Fire in my heart and No ones putting it out"
    FB profile Here

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Dream Land
    Posts
    115

    Default

    My answer isn't really there. I want to believe, but I have to experience something to be able to. Well, besides the dream I had about what I found at a thrift store. That didn't convince me enough. If I were to just choose that I don't believe, it wouldn't feel right.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    ............
    Posts
    201

    Default

    So maybe could discuss magic and magical creatures this time.
    If there was anything you could try to magik into being what would it be? ( other than pokemon. )
    Personally I would make a time portal to go back to a time were my stepdad was still alive and see if I can just try to save him, so my mom can be truly happy again.
    So if any Magical creature was around ( good kind ) what would you do with it?
    I would befriend a dragon and go explore everywere.

    ( Banner made by American Pi )
    " Ive got the Fire in my heart and No ones putting it out"
    FB profile Here

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,368

    Default

    Mm, mostly. I mean, I'm skeptical; I'll look for any and all other explanations first. I've had a few strange things happen to me. Like, once in a while, when I'm lying wide-awake in bed, it feels like one of my cats has jumped on my bed and is walking up to me, but when I look, nothing's there. One time, when I was in college, I heard humming near my bed. My roommate was asleep, there were no vents nearby, the door and windows were closed, and we were on the third floor. Again, I'm sure I was wide-awake. And one time in drama class... well, our teacher would sit on the stage and lecture while we all sat in the audience seats. One time, the lights backstage were going on and off, but no one was back there. This isn't something that happened a lot, either, so it didn't seem like it was the wiring. None of that really convinces me, but...

    Some of my friends have had much stranger stuff than that happen. One of them got pulled down the stairs at home by someone who wasn't there, and the same thing later happened to her friend at the same place; one of the previous occupants was a woman who'd died falling down the stairs. Same friend was taking a shower at a friend's house, and she saw a shadow reaching to grab the shower curtain; no one was there when she looked. Also stayed in one of our dorms by herself once, and heard running up and down the hall, doors slamming, all night long. She's seen and heard a lot of stuff... Incidentally, she also says she's an empath, other people's emotions stick to her, and she can't wear a watch because she drains batteries. I think it's all related. Oh, she also said that our printer moved about an inch toward her when she was reaching for it once. I wasn't there, but... Another friend on our hall was brushing her teeth one morning, and someone was showering in the shower behind her. When the water turned off, she turned around to see who was gonna come out, but the curtain was open, and no one was there. Oh, and this was all in the same dorm where I heard the humming.

    My mom had some strange experiences. She knew when my grandfather tried to kill himself, before anyone told her. One time she got a strong feeling like she should slow down in her car, so she did, even though she felt silly... and some kid ran out in front of her from between parked cars.

    Mostly, I'm in the position where I want to believe in stuff, and I think it makes sense, but at the same time, I doubt, because I feel like I'm trying to believe what I want to believe. But I feel like really, my anxiety skews my beliefs more than what I want to believe.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Interlude 3 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    ............
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Well I am not making this up nor am I proud of this, but I FEEL family members and Pets pass away. I have never told anyone this before

    ( Banner made by American Pi )
    " Ive got the Fire in my heart and No ones putting it out"
    FB profile Here

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Magical Land of Yeld
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zolar Czakl View Post
    In fact, this is pretty much explained by a combination of statistics and how our memories frequently get distorted without us noticing.
    True, but some of the stories can't be explained away just like that. And one can't just reject a hypothesis because one doesn't think it makes sense. There's no real evidence either way, but the existence of supernatural phenomena is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. It's highly unlikely, but it might – just might – exist.

    (Funny thing is, I'd never expected to find myself defending supernatural belief to someone else. I'm a very skeptical person about this kind of thing.)
    There is no paper big enough for what I'm going to draw today
    There is no shouting loud enough to tell you what I've got to got to say!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conquering Storm View Post
    True, but some of the stories can't be explained away just like that. And one can't just reject a hypothesis because one doesn't think it makes sense. There's no real evidence either way, but the existence of supernatural phenomena is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. It's highly unlikely, but it might – just might – exist.

    (Funny thing is, I'd never expected to find myself defending supernatural belief to someone else. I'm a very skeptical person about this kind of thing.)
    The problem is that by that logic, every unfalsifiable theory should be treated equally. That means that literally an infinite amount of other unfalsifiable explainations may be the real cause of somthing supernatural. In other words, this means that the chances of any of those are actually real are zero (or at least, a zero with an infinite amount of zeroes before an eventual theoretical 1).
    The other problem is that Occam's Razor is a thing. In this case, more likely explainations for things mentioned in this thread are that people misremember dreams, people exaggerate, coincidence, hallucinations even, or people flat out lying. Think about how incredibly easy and common lying is. Add that all to the fact that there's a lot of proof on the opposite side of the argument (take for example the fact we know that our brain is who we are, and that there thus can exist no such thing as what people think of as ghosts)...

    So while I agree that it can't be disproven, I don't think that should ever be used as an argument, and it is in fact a highly frowned upon fallacy when used in more serious discussions. Of course, this is just a random thread on a Pokémon forum, so it's not really important or anything (and don't think I'm sitting here with foaming mouth typing this), but still wanted to point it out.
    JUGGLER: Dropped my balls!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conquering Storm View Post
    True, but some of the stories can't be explained away just like that. And one can't just reject a hypothesis because one doesn't think it makes sense. There's no real evidence either way, but the existence of supernatural phenomena is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. It's highly unlikely, but it might – just might – exist.

    (Funny thing is, I'd never expected to find myself defending supernatural belief to someone else. I'm a very skeptical person about this kind of thing.)
    The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim, or else you can spout any bullcrap and no one would be able to reject your claim

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zolar Czakl View Post
    The problem is that by that logic, every unfalsifiable theory should be treated equally. That means that literally an infinite amount of other unfalsifiable explainations may be the real cause of somthing supernatural. In other words, this means that the chances of any of those are actually real are zero (or at least, a zero with an infinite amount of zeroes before an eventual theoretical 1).
    The other problem is that Occam's Razor is a thing. In this case, more likely explainations for things mentioned in this thread are that people misremember dreams, people exaggerate, coincidence, hallucinations even, or people flat out lying. Think about how incredibly easy and common lying is. Add that all to the fact that there's a lot of proof on the opposite side of the argument (take for example the fact we know that our brain is who we are, and that there thus can exist no such thing as what people think of as ghosts)...

    So while I agree that it can't be disproven, I don't think that should ever be used as an argument, and it is in fact a highly frowned upon fallacy when used in more serious discussions. Of course, this is just a random thread on a Pokémon forum, so it's not really important or anything (and don't think I'm sitting here with foaming mouth typing this), but still wanted to point it out.
    But what you have to think about is, how likely is it that people are hallucinating, misremembering, or dreaming? It a lot of cases, especially when people are grieving, yeah, that makes sense. But it makes less sense when you're talking about people who have no history of hallucinations, aren't under any stress, and aren't expecting it. Especially when we're talking about the inexplicable. Because when people misremember or imagine stuff, it's usually about things that fit with their day-to-day life, things they would expect. It's the brain filling in gaps. And if a memory is especially weird or inexplicable, they question it. And when even after that, they're convinced, and they have no history or extenuating circumstances... It's not proof, but... I just don't think it's likely that all cases are mistakes and distortions. What really gets me is the times when people describe the same experiences, in detail, with no knowledge that anyone else experienced anything at all.

    Of course, it makes more sense with my beliefs about consciousness. And those are... Well, certainly, the brain makes us who we are, but the idea that brain activity creates consciousness is problematic. Sure, chemical reactions produce heat, changes in color, sound, etc. But that's how we experience chemical reactions. If you try to describe it purely by what's actually there and what's happening, what do you get? What you have is particles rearranging themselves, energy being released and absorbed; you can't get more than you put in, and there's no change in the actual quality of the matter. That'd be multiplying 0 enough times to get 1, it's nonsense. Even the person who coined the term emergent phenomena (i.e. cases where the whole behaves different than the parts) admits this.

    Some people believe that matter really is conscious on some level, but that creates new problems. Like... Well, if some matter is conscious, then it stands to reason that all matter is conscious, because it's all basically the same stuff in different patterns. So is light conscious? What about sound? Like, where does one consciouness begin and the other end? The chemicals in our brain are constantly changing, so how is stable consciousness even possible? Some say that who we are is constantly changing, too, but if that were the case... Wouldn't you end up with two or more consciousnesses in the same body, one fading and one fading away? And since memories would have to be copied, wouldn't the new consciousness have the old consciousness' memory of fading away? I suppose you could say that only certain elements of the brain are conscious... but which ones? The neurons? Which neurons? What part of the neuron? Why don't we have awareness of what each individual neuron is doing? How do many different small consciousnesses come to create one larger one? I suppose you could explain that with quantum physics... But then you come back to the question of, why is only part of us part of our consciousness, where does one begin and another end? Also, if matter and consciousness are one and the same, then the same has to be true of the abstract and the concrete, that is, concepts like truth and justice would have to be brain chemicals themselves, not the result of them.

    What I believe is that consciousness is something immaterial that experiences the brain. Actually, my conclusion is that neither scenario is workable, and none of us should be here. But here we are. Although, I think that's why some people say that consciousness is an illusion. Which is just completely illogical, because the concept of illusion is predicated upon the concept of perception i.e. consciousness. An illusion is something perceived that isn't there in objective reality. So to say that perception is an illusion is to say that perception is a thing perceived that isn't really there; it's nonsense.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 3rd November 2016 at 9:47 PM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Interlude 3 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Consciousness exists only through brain activity, thus matter itself cannot be classified as having something with any form of consciousness. That's simply what it is. Also, consciousness is all about subjectiveness. And actually, we know what brain regions are most important for creating consciousness, although I've forgotten at the moment. We actually know a lot about the brain, something people often seem to underestimate as they seem to think it's this mysterious supercomputer in their minds (well it still kinda is, of course).
    Keeping that in mind, hallucinations and such are not objectively there; they don't exist consistently in everyone's world, but they are subjectively there. And our consciousness stems from that.

    And yes, the brain is changing constantly, new neural connections are being formed all the time, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a very consistent quality to it as well. Just like how a house stays the same house even when your replace or shift furniture, or how a computer still is the same computer when you install software updates and change and add files on it.

    But as for the discussion at hand - hallucinations and such are just a few possible explainations. Lying, attention seeking and even believing in something because you want to believe in it, despite it not actually being there, are the real cause most of the time. What I was trying to say is that there are many, many logical conclusions you can draw before ever having to resort to something like supernatural forces as an explaination.
    Occam's Razor may seem like a bit of an abstract thing to a lot of people, but it extends to literally every part of your life, constantly.
    JUGGLER: Dropped my balls!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zolar Czakl View Post
    Consciousness exists only through brain activity, thus matter itself cannot be classified as having something with any form of consciousness. That's simply what it is. Also, consciousness is all about subjectiveness. And actually, we know what brain regions are most important for creating consciousness, although I've forgotten at the moment. We actually know a lot about the brain, something people often seem to underestimate as they seem to think it's this mysterious supercomputer in their minds (well it still kinda is, of course).
    Keeping that in mind, hallucinations and such are not objectively there; they don't exist consistently in everyone's world, but they are subjectively there. And our consciousness stems from that.

    And yes, the brain is changing constantly, new neural connections are being formed all the time, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a very consistent quality to it as well. Just like how a house stays the same house even when your replace or shift furniture, or how a computer still is the same computer when you install software updates and change and add files on it.

    But as for the discussion at hand - hallucinations and such are just a few possible explainations. Lying, attention seeking and even believing in something because you want to believe in it, despite it not actually being there, are the real cause most of the time. What I was trying to say is that there are many, many logical conclusions you can draw before ever having to resort to something like supernatural forces as an explaination.
    Occam's Razor may seem like a bit of an abstract thing to a lot of people, but it extends to literally every part of your life, constantly.
    That doesn't make any sense, though. You can't get a new quality out of something simply by fact of its arrangement and interaction. Our consciousness cannot possibly stem from subjective experience; that's saying that perception arises from perceiving, which doesn't make any sense; in other words, consciousness is a pre-requisite for subjective experience. I'm not saying it's mysterious, I'm saying it's logically impossible. There is no reason for consciousness to exist; since brain activity all comes down to physics, we would function exactly the same unconscious as we do now. Since brain activity is chemicals and electrons, the only other option is that those things are conscious in and of themselves. Otherwise, you're left with this ethereal thing that's caused by matter but not actually made of anything. So if that which composes consciousness is lost, something of ourselves should be lost; the new shouldn't be able to be integrated into ourselves.

    And that's about as clear as I can make my position, so I'm just gonna leave that paragraph there and let it stand for itself.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 4th November 2016 at 3:33 AM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Interlude 3 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Since brain activity is chemicals and electrons, the only other option is that those things are conscious in and of themselves. Otherwise, you're left with this ethereal thing that's caused by matter but not actually made of anything.
    Consicousness is exactly that, it's an immaterial thing. The definition that was used in the book that was used for the psychological science course at my university is: "one's subjective experience of the world, resulting from brain activity". I think that sums is up pretty nicely. It is really that 'simple'. You're kind of veering into philosophical terrain.

    The reason it's subjective is because it differs from person to person, and that comes from the brain, not the sensory organs (that's not to say that something can't be wrong with your eyes or something). After all, if you're drunk, delusional or have some kind of brain defect, the world around you does not change, but your experience of it does.

    And no, neurons themselves do not cause consciousness per se. After all, if you would somehow be able to only keep the brain region responsible for keeping your organs going/body regulated, and the rest of the neurons in your body but not your brain, you're still not really conscious, even though there's still a neuron network. Also, while you are conscious, a lot of things happen unconsciously, so consciousness isn't your whole 'you' per se.

    But just trust me that these are just the definitions of consciousness that people smarter than us have created. I'm neither good at explaining, nor an expert on this, but this is how it is. It's not my personal view on it that I created by thinking about this, it's just how it works.
    JUGGLER: Dropped my balls!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Playing Amnesia: Memories
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Well, this could be very long.

    First thoughts: what I want.
    I desperately want weird stuff that's supernatural to be real. Psychic powers are awesome, and every now and then I sit down and mope that I still don't have telekenisis. Reading people's minds is both practical and cool. Hyper-intelligence is something I've always strived to gain.

    Second thoughts: what I actually think.
    I think that it is there, but not quite at the level of telekinesis. Sometimes I hear my sister say something, but upon asking what she said she says that she didn't say anything. This usually happens completely out of context, when I'm not even thinking about her. We also once read somewhere that if you can't sleep, then your soulmate can't either, meaning you tend to sleep at the same time. Then one night I went to my friend's house for a sleepover and when I returned we discovered we both fell asleep at 3am. I think something of a telepathic bond can be formed when you are very close to someone, explaining the death-of-a-loved-one thing you mentioned above. Also, I think divination can exist. One time me and my sister did one of those card readings and we asked it "what will next Summer be like?" And it was arranged in a five, with the left being the last, the right being the future. The card on the left we found out to be "wet". Last Summer had been soaking. The right read "hot". The next Summer was burning, and I remembered the cards and gasped. Bear in mind the wet and hot were just about the only weather cards in the whole deck. The last main event concerning "supernatural" things was when I was playing rounders at school. I said in my head "I bet the next batter will hit the ball and reach the second post". Doing such a feat was kinda rare in our rounders team, but the girl actually did hit the ball and reach second post. So, overall, I think it's there, but never too noticeable.

    Third thoughts - about dreams.
    These things are 100% weird. Once when I was a child I dreamed about waking up in my mum's bed, with the sun shining through the window, before my dad woke me up to get ready for school. When I woke up, the exact scenario I had just dreamed of happened. Plus, I've been having a weird thing recently which is similar to a recurring dream, except the location, plus the amount of time taken to finish off the sequence, varies. The time taken gets shorter and shorter each time. In the most recent one (the 6th time), I recalled having the other five and finished off super-speedily. Plus one of my earliest nightmares was lucid - lucid meaning you feel everything around you as well as seeing it, plus you should be able to control it (but nightmares stop that :/). Those lucid dreams are not just natural things. My conclusion is dreams are f**ked up but awesome, and it's why one kf my hobbies is trying to recall them and then observing what they mean.

    About the original thread starter: empathy with humans and animals is natural. Lack of empathy for both beings can be considered psychopathy or sociopathy. Plus, seeing auras is also kinda easy if you look for them. Also, astral projection? I think if it actually was astral projection then the internet would've found out by now and had made an article on it. If you mean "I thought of a question to ask someone and then they thought they heard you say it" kinda thing then it would make sense if you're really close to them. But as far as I can see, astral projection (or whatever it's called) probably also isn't too special. Luck can be considered supernatural, but yet again, it isn't too special, seeing as just about everyone gets lucky (Steven returning for three episodes in the TF climax was a luck bomb for me). The morning sickness thing, like I said, is likely from two people having a close bond. Getting machines to work is just KNOWLEDGE of how machines work and therefore being able to fix them. The things moving around you part is the only part I don't believe about the whole thing. It would depend on what the objects were, the climate around the room, what the objects were resting on, how your vision was at the time, if there were any rats/flies/pets in the room at the time, etc. Quite often when people are angry their vision is clouded, giving the illusion that things are moving. The objects could react to vibrations from an earthquake somewhere else in the world, or they could react to certain weather. Animals, no matter how small, also have the potential to move items. I can't disprove that they moved, but I don't think it was caused by you. I actually remember one time when a glass fell off an edge in our house without anyone touching it, and I had been pretty moody at the time, but I know that tremors in the earth and perhaps the way the item was placed on the tabletop, plus what the item was made out of, would've likely affected it, Unfortunately for the world, telekinesis is not quite accessible yet. My conclusion to what I'm saying in this section: I'm not denying most of what you're saying, but it's not some kind of special "ability", like something only your bloodline has. It's just as likely that you're beginning to look for supernatural things.

    FACT: I discovered that it's hypothesised that all forms of life can sense each other, but it's too weak for us to notice. It's just a theory, but it might play into this.

    ANOTHER IDEA: why would one person get to do psychic stuff but another can't? That wouldn't be really fair, and before you say "life isn't fair", that's what society decides, not the universe.
    Last edited by Nerdy McNerdface; 6th November 2016 at 9:49 PM.

    Credit to American--Pi for the amazing banner!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Do you touch yourself to XY Ash every night?
    Fanfiction.net Profile

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Honestly... I don't know.
    Supernatural things terrify me, personally. I also think that it would be really cool if they did exist. Either way, I'm biased. I am a very science-minded person in general, so on a logical level, I do not think it's real. It goes against everything I've ever been taught and I do not see how it could work with reality as I know it. On the other hand, I have had a few weird things happen to me and my family (I personally get prophetic dreams every once and a while- mostly just dreaming of places or images and them seeing them later in real life, but there are occasionally more major things. Also, a while ago, I literally burst into tears for absolutely no reason. A little while later, we got a phone call that my grandfather had just died. Could be something, could not be, I'm not sure) so I dunno.
    It's honestly not something I think about much. I think there might be something out there that we can't quite explain, not yet at least, but that's about all my thoughts on the subject.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    ............
    Posts
    201

    Default

    My great-grandfather can get anything to work ( even if he doesn't even know what it is or how it works.)
    I got my dad to wake up on a hospital bed with my astral projection, its real and lots of other people do it, you just need to search harder thats all.
    As for moving things
    1. we can't have pets in our house.
    2. I have 20/20 vision, and I think I would know if a rat was crawling all over a table.
    3. I knocked my brothers chair (thats about 25 pounds plus his weight ) over when he made me upset not mad.
    4. If I focus hard enough I can knock cups over ( not paper or those cheep plastic party cups, the unbreakable tumbler kind)

    I relived some of my moms memory that happend before I was born.
    I can tell what people(and animals) are going to do based on their feelings.
    Plus I can effect peoples emotions by moving their auras ( because its easier to do it by seeing them.)

    I don't want to say all that I can do because some people will think that I am just making up a bunch of bull crap.
    That and when I told my own mom, she thought that I was smoking something.

    If thats what you believe however I wont force you to believe.

    I dont really care if you don't believe I am just asking if you do or not.

    ( Banner made by American Pi )
    " Ive got the Fire in my heart and No ones putting it out"
    FB profile Here

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    I think a lotta supernatural stuff is just stuff Science hasn't been able to fully grasp. Though I suppose it being scientifically proven won't stop it from bein spooky/wonderous!

    Yes though, supernatural stuff is somethin i do believe in! Science and the supernatural can exist and there'll always be stuff Science'll dismiss without proper evidence. There's prolly at least one or two things out there that're truly not of this world that science won't ever solve! Like stuff of the mind. I mean, it can't just be a big hysteria about astral projection and stuff.
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 7th November 2016 at 6:38 AM.



    ^ Credits to Conquer Phoenix

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Guys, come on.

    -Astral Projection is literally impossible since brain activity can't leave the brain. Note how there are exactly 0 reliable accounts on it. If it were such a relatively common thing, this wouldn't be the case.

    -For the same reason, you can't knock over cups by mere thought. Claiming you did is outright lying to the community and is a little rude.

    -Lucid dreaming is something that's very much scientifically proven to be a brain-activity related thing. In fact, there's a way to trigger it by strapping some device on your head that stimulates certain parts of the brain (forgot about the details, but that's roughly what it is).

    -If you have a sibling, falling asleep at the same time, or predicting what the other was going to say or whatever will happen from time to time simply because it statistically will. It's just because it's a person you spend an extended part of your life with. Nothing mysterious about math.

    -Recurring dreams aren't weird. In fact, it would be weird if a person would go without ever having a recurring dream, because they're very common. Dreams also don't mean anything, since they're just your unconscious mind making sense of random brain patterns that occur during sleep.

    -And again, prophetic dreams are nothing more than the product of biased memory and statistics (chance, in other words).

    -Empathy is a very handy evolutionary tool. The ability to feel for other people is simply something that is adaptive.

    Think a little critically, people.
    Also if something 'can't be explained by science' more likely than not it's because it's already disproven by it.
    JUGGLER: Dropped my balls!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •