Thread: Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Default Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

I may be wrong, but I don't think football/soccer is particularly popular in this forum, andI haven't seen another thread about this sport either, so I decided to make one for the footy fans.

Still waiting for Ash Ketchum to win the league..... and also Liverpool FC (Eat that kopites! 3-0 and 2-1)

GGMU!!!

First question:
    In your opinion, who will emerge as the winner of the 2015 Champions League, and by what score?

While Juventus have one of the best backlines in the world, Barcelona are likely to be the victor, 3-2 Barcelona, as much as it pains me to say this. Messi, Suarez and Neymar are just too good.

Still waiting for Ash Ketchum to win the league..... and also Liverpool FC (Eat that kopites! 3-0 and 2-1)

GGMU!!!

I think Barcelona has more offensive qualities, but if Juventus manages to score 1-0 they have the skills to keep that on the scoreboard until the very end. The way Chiellini performed in the home match against Real Madrid, his head wrapped in plaster and his shirt covered in bloodstains, that kind of dedication and determination could make a difference.

Also, Chiellini vs Suarez should be interesting.
    This woman won me three Smash Bros tournaments so far.

More like Chiellini and Evra vs Suarez.
    I'm still not convinced that Juve are capable of holding off Barca's attack for the full 90 minutes even while playing defensively and with determination. Barca have the (arguably) greatest player ever, the best striker in the world and (arguably) the best young player in the world as their front 3.

GGMU!!!

Blatter resigns (or apparently will anyway in a few months after a special congress).

Great news for football, but there's always the matter of who will replace him. And then there's the fact that the corrupt organisation voted for him only last week - the problems go far further than him.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Fandex! Browse/upload Pokemon Fanworks!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: Game Plot Analysis - The Johto Games! Better or worse?
    Previous Article: What Iwata Contributed to Pokemon. RIP, Iwata. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Can they now prevent the World Cup from being held in Qatar, saving the lives of hundreds of workers who would die otherwise to make it happen and preventing people and players from dying of heat stroke.
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Big football fan here. I support Norwich.

Would be nice if this thread could take off but I'm thinking that's unlikely now it's the offseason.

Where are the transfers?

I guess not then, lol.

#mindlesshinatafag • MAL • dots • • •

It can, there just aren't that many soccer/football fans out here. Most of the fans who visited the previous thread mainly discussed the Premier League, i hope it can be different this time. I dunno much about transfers but there was a big one in the Netherlands some time ago. One of the best players in the Dutch competition, Memphis Depay, moved to Man United for at 30 million euro's.
    This woman won me three Smash Bros tournaments so far.

Unfortunately I'm another English football fan. I'm of course willing to talk about other stuff, I just don't watch much else.

#mindlesshinatafag • MAL • dots • • •

I actually think this thread should be moved into the Entertainment section along with other sports threads.

Quote Originally Posted by 玉兰哥 View Post
    I actually think this thread should be moved into the Entertainment section along with other sports threads.
    Isn't there on in the Entertainment section already? Haven't looked, but I'm certain I posted in one at some point. Also, another Dutchman here. Just came back from football practice, just a team with mates and such, nothing to into, but playing the game at 25 is still nice. I excel in jumping over suicide tackles and extending my little toe to make that pass happen.

As for team support, I'm a bit of an oddity.. I'm flexible. In the Dutch competition, there's basically a classic Top3, that most people outside of the Netherlands will likely know as well: Ajax (Amsterdam), Feyenoord (Rotterdam) and PSV (Eindhoven). My brother is an Ajax-supporter, my father a Feyenoord-supporter. I'm not one to take sides, but I really don't like PSV. I'm a guy that would rather support an underdog. Unfortunately, that choice has left me supporting for teams that got relegated, multiple times. It all started with FC Volendam, they got relegated and VVV-Venlo were the team that promoted in their stead. Than after a few years of staying in the Eredivisie (with Keisuke Honda in their midst), they got relegated as well. This time, Go Ahead Eagles came back to the Eredivisie. Last year, they made Europe League first qualifying round due to national Fair Play-standings rewarding a ticket for that. BUT they were relegated before that endeavor even started, which lasted two whole matches before it was over again. In their stead, de Graafschap came back to the Eredivisie for the 2015/2016-season. So that's the team I support now. Currently standing at the bottom of the competition, after three matches played. No wins. One goal scored. SUPAHBOERUH!!!!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    It can, there just aren't that many soccer/football fans out here. Most of the fans who visited the previous thread mainly discussed the Premier League, i hope it can be different this time. I dunno much about transfers but there was a big one in the Netherlands some time ago. One of the best players in the Dutch competition, Memphis Depay, moved to Man United for at 30 million euro's.
    I hope the same dude, this thread seems to be sometimes a "Premier league only" discussion. :s
    Depay is one of the best Dutch players, you said so!
    I can't wait for "La Liga" to start!

Okido-san! You Lied to me!