Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Well that sucks! My thoughts go out to their families.
    This is why i'm glad the UK has more stringent gun laws.

Large Aquifer found in Namibia

Looks like Water aid isn't needed there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Playful Nightmare View Post
    14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

This is just sick. Why would this guy do something so awful?
    The man must've been mentally ill or something. They said it's no terrorist attack, so the guy must've just snapped and decided to go kill people or something. There's just really sick people out there.

That is really awful. I try to see the bright side in knowing the world still has good people in it, but then these kinds of stories pop up. Still, at least it mentioned people were trying to shield their family members from the bullets, so that helps restore the faith a little, but the real story overshadows it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I heard it was 12 people that died and that 14 was a mistake

Nature has a twisted sense of humour, you see. 12 people, 14 people, it doesn't matter - it's still a horrible event.

I feel that this should get a thread of its own. But thats just messed up, if you can't be safe in a freaken movie theater, where can you be safe? Definately not your house.

Well, I have friends that live in the area of the shooting and they said the 6 year old who was shot died of their injuries from the news reports. I also think that this might start having armed police/security officers in the theaters from now on as well as having most theaters might stop doing midnight showings because it is dark outside, there is hardly anyone around since it is midnight thus anyone can easily sneak through the emergency doors. If they do not stop the midnight showings, more than likely they will have armed police and security roam around the outside of the theater, including the back where most of the emergecy exits are.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

Quote Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Well, I have friends that live in the area of the shooting and they said the 6 year old who was shot died of their injuries from the news reports. I also think that this might start having armed police/security officers in the theaters from now on as well as having most theaters might stop doing midnight showings because it is dark outside, there is hardly anyone around since it is midnight thus anyone can easily sneak through the emergency doors. If they do not stop the midnight showings, more than likely they will have armed police and security roam around the outside of the theater, including the back where most of the emergecy exits are.
    They'll probably have security, so now it will be impossible for people to sneek into other movies. But I prefer security over liberty. They'll be more strict for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll end up having to go through metal detectors.

For anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet, due to the shootings in Colorado, Warner Bros. is considering canceling screenings for The Dark Knight Rises:

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...reenings-48571

I figured here would be the best place to put this, since it relates to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    For anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet, due to the shootings in Colorado, Warner Bros. is considering canceling screenings for The Dark Knight Rises:

I figured here would be the best place to put this, since it relates to the movie.
    I think giving some money to help out the families of the victims with the hospital/funeral costs would be a bit more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post

If Warner Bros was smart they wouldn't cancel the screening for The Dark Knight Rise, over something that had nothing to with them.

Yes the shooting was poor timing but why should people who want to see it suffer because some person just decided to shoot people at the screening.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    I think giving some money to help out the families of the victims with the hospital/funeral costs would be a bit more practical.
    This, although Warner Bros are not morally obligated to do so.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 20th July 2012 at 8:42 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Forgive me for being skeptical but that article seems a bit fake
    Well it's not.
    It was all over the news all over the world this morning.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

I don't think this is really much of an update on the shootings, but yeah, this guy is mentally ill. He told police he was the Joker.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed reports that the suspect, identified as James Eagan Holmes, 24, told police in Aurora, Colo., that he was the Joker, a reference to one of the most prominent villains in the Batman canon.

The source told NBC News that the suspect had dyed his hair red or orange, which isn't typically associated with the green-haired Joker character.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I am deeply sorry for those innocents who were caught up in this tragic event. However, it doesn't surprise me really because people have always been stupid things this incident only proves how messed up people can really be. The incidents also proves how vulnerable places such as movie theaters really are.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    The man must've been mentally ill or something. They said it's no terrorist attack, so the guy must've just snapped and decided to go kill people or something. There's just really sick people out there.

That is really awful. I try to see the bright side in knowing the world still has good people in it, but then these kinds of stories pop up. Still, at least it mentioned people were trying to shield their family members from the bullets, so that helps restore the faith a little, but the real story overshadows it.
    Fact is; the guy was on track to get a PHD, and that can take you long ways. Anyways, this is a theory that the dude was a perfect student, throughout his whole life, including his student days at UC Riverside (google). But he was getting B's and C's at the time, and he withdrew and got this sick plan.

Pokemon X Round 2

Default Colorado

most people know about that shooting over in colarado at that movie theatre. were any of u there? what do u think of that guy who shot everyone?
    for me, my heart goes out to the families of the dead and injured and to everyone affected. that seemed like a senseless shooting... and what is in his house that he had to boobytrap it for? i hope theres not a bomb cause its an apartment.

Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!
    ~credit to Astral Shadow

My sister and I were planning to see the Dark Knight Movie at midnight on Thursday but we changed to early Friday and when I got up and got on the internet I was so shocked to hear about the shooting. We put the movie on hold and I've been watching the news all day. It's so disgusting how sick people can be. Is no place safe in the world? I can't imagine the horror of that, going to the movies with your family and friends looking to have a good time and some crazy guy shoots up the place. I mean the world is evil enough but now you can't even go to the movies with your loved ones without fear of being shot? My heart goes out to the innocents of this shooting. Those poor families. This just shows how dark the world is.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambree View Post
    and what is in his house that he had to boobytrap it for? i hope theres not a bomb cause its an apartment.
    bomb squad was sent in plus robots so i assume a bomb
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

I thought an article said he had bombs on him...

Anyway, it's an awful tragedy. The guy is most likely mentally ill (especially since he identified himself as the Joker), but he knew what he did. I hope he gets the sentence he deserves and rots in Hell for what he did. There was no reason why he had to go shoot up a movie theater. It was just full of people waiting in line to go see an anticipated movie. As far as I know, there were no public officials there for him to target. He probably had the sick pleasure of killing. Apparently he was trying to get a PHD in med school, but he wasn't getting good enough grades, so he dropped out and then this happened. Whether that's the truth, or just an excuse, I have no sympathy for this bastard. And I think his parents (or at least his mom) knew what was going on, but they didn't seem to have done anything. They could've prevented this from happening, but at least it looks like they're disowning him.

The people at that theater didn't deserve this. What gave him the right to kill innocent people whom he probably never knew in his life? As if the people in Colorado weren't going through enough this year.
    I survived Pupa.

kutie that is so right. there was tear gas thrown in before he opened fire, everyone has said that.
    also last i heard, about 8 hours ago, they were getting the robot in.

Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!
    ~credit to Astral Shadow

I heard some interviews of the people who were in there. He bought a ticket and went into the theatre. A little into the movie he went out an exit door and left it propped open so he could get back in. He went to his car and got 'armed up' then went back inside. He threw a smoke bomb down the isle and open fired. He pointed his gun at one girl but didnt shoot (dunno why but she sure is lucky). Someone said he was dressed as Bane but I checked up on it and I think he was trying to be the Joker. In case he was killed shortly after he had his apartment rigged to explode (that'd kill the police, bomb squad, and everyone in the five surrounding apartments). They're sending in the bomb squad now after evacuating the apartments. As far as we know his parents have nothong to do with the shooting, however his mom saw it on the news and identified her son. As of now he wont spill any information to the officials. It's unknown why he went psychopath. He had great grades and was going to be a doctor. Hopefully the police can get more information out of him, then execute the death penalty. I pray for the families of those killed and for those still recovering from bullet wounds.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

I don't think this is really much of an update on the shootings, but yeah, this guy is mentally ill. He told police he was the Joker.
    Okay, I REALLY resent that statement. As someone who has been diagnosed with mental illness, I detest how quickly everyone gets jumpy and declares mass-murderers to be mentally ill. Most people who say this have no real experience or understanding of mental illnesses. As far as I know (I did a short session of research before writing this and found no conclusive evidence) he is not mentally ill. I did find an article (Mass murderers often not mentally ill, but seeking revenge, experts say) linked directly from the article you posted.

As they're still trying to get evidence, to find plans or motivations, no one can really say for sure why he did it. Maybe he was mentally ill, that's still to be seen. I'm sure in the coming weeks we'll learn more.

Until we do know why, let's stop with the ridiculous stereotyping and blame the person, not any possibilities of mental illness.

I have mental problems and wouldn't even dream of doing something like that...
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

I use mentally ill as another form of crazy or just flat out stupid. I don't believe that she intended to use it correctly. Of course, I could be wrong.

In my opinion, I don't see how others could go and mercilessly kill someone for the sake of fun. Unless they do have some kind of mental illness, I see no excuse for it.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by DarumakkaImposter View Post
    In my opinion, I don't see how others could go and mercilessly kill someone for the sake of fun.
    It's not very common (yeah there's lots of murderers but they are outnumbered by the rest of the non-murderers) but maybe he was just an extreme sadist.

I still can't believe he actually considered himself the Joker, even after being arrested he still choose to act like he's some sort of Comedian.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast