Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

The dead count has now risen to 84 according to news on my country. Really, France must be cursed or something. 3 successful terrorist attacks...? (Charlie Hebdo, Bachaclan, and now this)

My condolences to all the parents whose children were killed in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    The dead count has now risen to 84 according to news on my country. Really, France must be cursed or something.
    Isn't that because they're relatively closer to terrorists than any other region? Not even the closer cities are safe.

~ Wait, what was in that tea? ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - TLoZ: Breath of the Wild - Puyo Puyo Tetris - Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Isn't that because they're relatively closer to terrorists than any other region? Not even the closer cities are safe.
    If we take in account a past video posted by ISIS that shows the countries-targets, then most countries aren't safe either.

I hate to say it, but we should expect more such attacks from said organization in the coming months, at least one more big one before 2016 ends.

The French Prime Minister was right, we really need to learn to live with terrorism. Especially if you know your country is in their plans to hit it.
    Last edited by Hero of Truth; 15th July 2016 at 6:36 PM.

I'm surprised that no one is talking about the coup attempt in turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Remix2 View Post
    I'm surprised that no one is talking about the coup attempt in turkey.
    We would talk if it was successful. There have been numerous coup attempts over there you know in recent years, all failed. This one was no different.

Last edited by Mr. Reloaded; 23rd July 2016 at 1:43 AM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

oh wow there have been 700 drug user dead since the new president of the Philippines got elected.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0693164c2dbc6

A New Jersey woman was served a fried rat head at a Popeye's in Harlem. Hmm, I guess Beavis and Butt-Head were working there:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b08cb14097466e

I have claimed Dialga, Vivi Ornitier, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), and "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Senate votes 97-to-1 to override 9/11 bill veto.

...on Wednesday, the Senate voted 97-1 to override Obama’s veto of the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act. The House swiftly followed with an override vote of 348-77.

The override was the first time Congress has successfully challenged the president on a piece of legislation, despite Obama’s 12 other vetoes, including 10 when Republicans were the majority of both houses. In most instances, Congress didn’t even attempt an override.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

The Senate is out to do something very dangerous, and stupid. But mostly dangerous.
    Yup:

The more insulting thing here is the 97-1.

What the f*** are these people on?

I was very disappointed to hear about this vote today, and how it's the first time an Obama veto has been overridden. One again, blind religious/racial bigotry claims a victory :/

Wait how is the senates overridden a veto on a bill that allow people to Saudi Arabia for 9/11 a bad thing?

Wait how is the senates overridden a veto on a bill that allow people to Saudi Arabia for 9/11 a bad thing?
    Because it opens up the door for other counties to file lawsuits against the US for things we've done in the past.

If we can sue Saudi Arabia over 9/11, other countries can/will follow up. It's a bad idea.
    Yup:

• It hurts our relationship with Saudi

• It requires we have solid evidence Saudi Arabia was directly involved with 9/11 (we don't)

• Good luck finding a way to get them to comply within legal reasons lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    • It hurts our relationship with Saudi

• It requires we have solid evidence Saudi Arabia was directly involved with 9/11 (we don't)

• Good luck finding a way to get them to comply within legal reasons lol.
    Honestly we shouldn't be allies with them in the first place because they're basically a Isis that made it.

I mean they behead people for sorcery and said that all atheists are terrorists.
    Last edited by Remix2; 3rd October 2016 at 1:30 AM.

Prayers go out to everyone in Florida trying to dodge Matthew. Stay strong guys.
    Yup:

Here 1055 reason to not give Saudi Arabia weapons, they killed innocent people in funerals.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN1280OR

And the best part of this is that Saudi Arabia is head of the human right panel, what had this world come too.
    Last edited by Remix2; 10th October 2016 at 2:46 PM.

What did I read on the news today? Republican majority pulling power away from the independent ethical commity that's supposed to combat corruption in congress?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ersight-233111

YAY!!! Republicans are at it again! Wasn't Trump's motto that he'd change the status quo in Washington? Well, apparently, that means that his party's first act of business in the new year is to shut down the bureau that's supposed to keep corruption away from congress. But that doesn't mean anything changes really, since Washington was already corrupt, now it will just be moreso.. and easier for the ones being corrupt (aka the GOP).

AKA: First act of business: "In order to be as corrupt as we please, we don't want some bureau looking over our shoulders. Lets vote!"

It's sickening that this is the first act of business in the new year. GOP.
    Last edited by Locormus; 3rd January 2017 at 10:43 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

My thoughts go out to the good people affected by the terrorist attack in London today. One person was stabbed with a kitchen knife and several others were run over by a vehicle. Police shot the assailant. Click on this link if you wish to stay updated:

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-39355505

I have claimed Dialga, Vivi Ornitier, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), and "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended Dialga View Post
    My thoughts go out to the good people affected by the terrorist attack in London today. One person was stabbed with a kitchen knife and several others were run over by a vehicle. Police shot the assailant. Click on this link if you wish to stay updated:

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-39355505
    My friend told me about the attacks via text today since I wasn't feeling well so I couldn't see her in school. Her sister and a French exchange student were supposed to go to London on a trip tomorrow, but now they have to go to Cambridge instead because of the danger. I feel extremely awful about the attacks, and wish the families of the people who died and got injured good luck.
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Yup:

So Saudi Arabia is now on the UN women rights commission, i wish I was kidding.

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...ght-commission

Do I need to say anything else other then the UN is completely broken.
    Last edited by Remix2; 26th April 2017 at 1:23 AM.

So Saudi Arabia is now on the UN women rights commission, i wish I was kidding.

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...ght-commission
    .__. Seriously? Wow, what a dumb move. A country with a terrible track record on human rights, sure they'll be really helpful on the women rights commission. Not.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast