Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    And, here. We. Go.

(sorry I couldn't find a better source)
    Was that intentionally written as though the Joker was speaking? /tired

Not surprised. The little piggy dictator thinks he's a hot-shot, so let him think he's a hot-shot. It'll only make his failure (and hopefully fall) that much more sweet. If America doesn't shoot down the missile, Japan most certainly will from what I've gathered from that article.

I don't want anyone to die from such a stupid move, but if he thinks he can get away with that, then he should get his piggy ass handed to him on a silver platter, and thus the end of North Korea. If fighting breaks out there, I don't see it lasting for very long. North Korea's army is weak. China should've just accepted the fleeing soldiers without hesitation instead of shooing them back.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    I know EVERYBODY thinks Kim Jong Un or North Korea are all talk, and every comedian in the world is making fun of them, and you can find millions of memes about this, but should they actually do something, how is everyone going to react? WW3 if anything, I think all the jokes and memes are antagonizing North Korea to inevitably do something irrational
    North Korea would be obliterated off of the map if they tried to start something against the U.S. and South Korea. Even China is getting a little tired of them at this point so no one will miss them.

Apparently both the United States and China are very serious about the "Denuclearization" of the Korean Peninsula. Both countries seem to wish that the situation end in dialogue rather than the deaths of North Korean citizens and potentially soldiers. One has to wonder, though, if General MacArthur was allowed to push beyond the Yalu River and finish the job, would there even be a North Korea now? His handling of Japan and post war strategies proved to be successes.

Boston Marathon got bombed (with livestream)

Seriously. Who'd do such a thing, and why the Boston Marathon, of all events?

UPDATE: At least 12 dead, 50 injured.
    Last edited by Artorias; 15th April 2013 at 10:34 PM.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    Boston Marathon got bombed (with livestream)

Seriously. Who'd do such a thing, and why the Boston Marathon, of all events?

UPDATE: At least 12 dead, 50 injured.
    I think parades attract a lot of people so the criminal wanted a huge impact. this could be because of terrorism, craving attention, etc. all in all, this a terrible occurrence

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Oh God, I heard about this just as class ended because a Serebii member posted on her DreamWidth that she's reporting in that she's fine. But still, this is awful. The news are just bursting with this right now. The fact they played back sound clip of the first explosion is just... oh good Lord... it was all I could do to keep from sobbing in the car. And of course, there are reports of a third bomb going off at the JFK Library (no injuries).

I hope they catch this maniac soon. Catch him and kill him, he deserves no mercy for this.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Man. This is terrible. One person should not be able to ruin so many others. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this event.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

(If you're expecting me to act like I did after the school shootings, you'll be pleasantly disappointed.)

My commiserations to the dudes who got blown up in Boston, I mean it's terrifically (in the most literal sense of the word) random, ain't it? But then again that is the whole point of terrorism, to strike at the most opportunistic of times and leave destruction in it's wake, but there's nothing we can do, you try to fight back, the terrorists win, you try to forget about it, the terrorists win, and so whereas we're worried about freakin' Wizard Of Oz topping the charts, they've got to be accustomed to this threat, show solidarity America, show solidarity and we'll show respect.

Yeah, I've got no bad things to say about this and quite rightly, it's such a shock, ain't it? Whereas we're caring about silly songs, you've had to deal with this mad Spawn Of A Demon ruin a lifetime of happiness, all the days that could've been, all the days that were, all the memories, all of the futures which they could've led are gone and either one man or one group had the tenacity, the downright abhorrence to change it? To desecrate someones life and memories like it, to ruin an occurrence for what? The person that you capture, should you kill that person, no. No, don't kill it for doing so will be naught but a sweet embrace, instead pass it around the victims, have the victims show into it their vengeance, then if what's left bears a resemblance no matter how miniscule to a being with a vertebrate then you may end it after a lifetime of pain, and only then may you give it the warm embrace, only then.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Were is the 12 dead number coming from? Every other source I see list at least 2.

I'm not sure why attacking America seems to be amusing to some people.
    The Internet isn't taking this seriously at all, but that's expected.
    My heart goes out to all the victims.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Some times, karma, but for this time, I agree with you, attacking them isn't the right thing to do.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Who's worse? The people who did this or the assholes who find this funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Who's worse? The people who did this or the assholes who find this funny?
    About equal really.
    I pity the ones who find it funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Were is the 12 dead number coming from? Every other source I see list at least 2.
    My bad. Conflicting sources. Not American, so I didn't figure out that NY Post is full of crap.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Some times, karma, but for this time, I agree with you, attacking them isn't the right thing to do.
    excuse me? people think it's karma that innocent civilians die? are they ****ing sociopaths?

twittertumblrlast.fm

I heard about this when I got home from a job interview and the TV that my family was watching was on Seven. I hope that the perpetrators are captured. The stock markets fell after the attacks, and gold plunged over 9 percent to what I believe was the lowest level since 1980.
    Indigohex is a retired fifty-three star surgeon-general who wishes that the Australian version of I Am A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here would get cancelled within less than a second of starting. The views reflected in the posts above and below this post does not necessarily reflect the views of Serebii.net, its owners or shareholders.

Indigohex: Serebii.net Forums' Voice

(If you're expecting me to act like I did after the school shootings, you'll be pleasantly disappointed.)

My commiserations to the dudes who got blown up in Boston, I mean it's terrifically (in the most literal sense of the word) random, ain't it? But then again that is the whole point of terrorism, to strike at the most opportunistic of times and leave destruction in it's wake, but there's nothing we can do, you try to fight back, the terrorists win, you try to forget about it, the terrorists win, and so whereas we're worried about freakin' Wizard Of Oz topping the charts, they've got to be accustomed to this threat, show solidarity America, show solidarity and we'll show respect.

Yeah, I've got no bad things to say about this and quite rightly, it's such a shock, ain't it? Whereas we're caring about silly songs, you've had to deal with this mad Spawn Of A Demon ruin a lifetime of happiness, all the days that could've been, all the days that were, all the memories, all of the futures which they could've led are gone and either one man or one group had the tenacity, the downright abhorrence to change it? To desecrate someones life and memories like it, to ruin an occurrence for what? The person that you capture, should you kill that person, no. No, don't kill it for doing so will be naught but a sweet embrace, instead pass it around the victims, have the victims show into it their vengeance, then if what's left bears a resemblance no matter how miniscule to a being with a vertebrate then you may end it after a lifetime of pain, and only then may you give it the warm embrace, only then.
    We're glad you know your vocabulary, but this isn't a time for poems, my dear sir. Anyway, my mom told me immediately after school. Then it was on the radio. Then on the news. Truly sad if you ask me, and right before the finish line, too.

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

Truly sad that a thing like this has to happen, condolonces to all those involved.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Killing the one(s) responsible doesn't solve the answer though, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind and all that jazz. You kill one terrorist, another one pops up like a Viral Hydra. No, no, send them to jail, have their anuses be hourly inspected by dudes in the shower, just don't allow them the satisfaction of death.

(So should I be poetic and truthful or shit all over your sorrow. Give me an answer between kindness or dickassery.)

(So should I be poetic and truthful or **** all over your sorrow. Give me an answer between kindness or dickassery.)
    I prefer “poetic and truthful", because you said some really f***ed up s*** about the Newtown incident

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I'm fine, I had just gotten put of the red Sox have when they went off. My neither was injured thigh, I'm not going to say how badly because there are children on here apparently.

Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?
    Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!
    Come say hello in our Time Out thread and we'll get you started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary pokémon? The choice is yours!

The bold really bothered me. We can do something. As long as we show that we are still not afraid to live life, and that terror isn't within us, they don't win. After all, the point of terrorism is to invoke fear to others.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

Quote Originally Posted by deh74 View Post
    I'm fine, I had just gotten put of the red Sox have when they went off. My neither was injured thigh, I'm not going to say how badly because there are children on here apparently.
    I'm sure there aren't too many children roaming around miscellaneous.

you try to fight back, the terrorists win, you try to forget about it, the terrorists win
    The main goal of terrorism is to instill fear in a general populace or people group. Al Qaeda hasn't really been able to do that since about... 12 years ago. You don't see people running around the streets, shouting for everyone to get into their anti-terrorism bunkers. We don't have anti-terrorism bunkers, at least not yet. That means Al Qaeda has not been doing their job very effectively of instilling fear in the American populace, since it seems that every time they pull something like this, the United States and its allies go in and start picking them off with sniper rifles. Of course, this entire post is based off the assumption that it was Al Qaeda, and according to the Drudge Report there's a fair amount of evidence that it was. The Drudge is rarely wrong, anyway.
    Last edited by Breeder Drew; 17th April 2013 at 4:02 AM.

Those who were interested in the SOPA and PIPA bills proposed in the past few years may be interested to know that CISPA, widely considered as bad or worse than both, is up for vote this week. The White House claims it will be vetoed it if it comes to President Obama's desk, but I figured some might like to know anyway.

Here you are.

The White House today delivered a formal veto threat against a controversial data-sharing bill called CISPA that would allow intelligence agencies to collect personal information about Americans from private companies.

In a statement this afternoon, President Obama's aides said they "would recommend that he veto the bill," which is scheduled for a House of Representatives floor vote this week.
    If you hadn't heard of it or want to learn more about it, the article also includes a FAQ. A year old, mind you, but it's there if you want it.
    Last edited by ZombifiedHorror1031; 17th April 2013 at 8:00 AM.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast