Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

West Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion

Texas Department of Public Safety trooper D.L. Wilson said in a short news conference that there are more than 100 injuries with fatalities confirmed but did not specify how many deaths. Officials are searching for more people and are doing a house by house search. About 133 people were evacuated from a nursing home. About half the town has been evacuated. Between 50-75 buildings were destroyed or damaged.

"Massive. Just like Iraq. Just like the Murray Building in Oklahoma City… So you can imagine what kind of damage we're looking at," Wilson said in describing the blast.

Conquest: A Fan Fiction

Credit to Brutaka

God, I'm getting sick of these explosions/shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    God, I'm getting sick of these explosions/shootings.
    Agreed. I wanna ragequit the world and hole up in a cave right now.

And not that it'll help, but here we go again. It's getting tiresome. It really is.

I'll put a sample up as soon as I get on my laptop, my phone won't let me copy-paste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumblr User Godiscobalt
    “A good writer with a sad idea and a malicious side is a person to fear.”
    My writing blog

Spoiler:- Contact Info:

From what I have read and heard, Police are still sweeping the MIT campus looking for the shooter.

This has just been ONE terrible week. I almost feel like moving to a deserted island.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

My spouse and I are following the story. The officer is dead, and they found two armed men. We heard the words "shots fired" on the broadcast (of the police radio).

My writing blog

According to audio of MIT police dispatch radio chatter posted online, an officer described the suspected shooter as a black male wearing black clothing and weighing approximately 120 pounds.

For some reason I have a feeling there are more people behind this.

1693 1038 1902

Well, after a bit of a fire-fight and a few explosions, it seems that the shooterS were the Boston Bombers. One of them is in custody, the other is on the run. Give me a minute to find a link, it's on the Boston Globe.

My writing blog

it's a sad moment in history if I'm watching the news and they go from talking about the MIT shooting to the memorial for the Boston victims to the candlelight vigil for victims of the Texas explosion

Credit to Brutaka

Where I live there are the two brothers who bombed the boston marathon. Im listening to the news right now.

I got class in 1 hour but I want to stay home and watch the news :/
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

I wish you'd guys would link to something, you're jumbling things up here a little :/.

Anyway, looks like one of the Boston bombers is dead, the other is still being hunted down. Justice is half-way there.

Boston and its suburbs, universities and transit system were on total lockdown Friday as police hunted for marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev -- on the loose after his accomplice brother was killed in a stunning chain of events that left one cop dead and another injured, officials said.

During a desperate effort to flee after their photos were released by the FBI, the brothers carjacked a Mercedes SUV and told the driver they were the men behind Monday's double-blast attack at the race and had just killed a campus security officer, a source told NBC News. The driver was released unhurt.

The older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed after a wild chase and firefight, but Dzhokhar was still at large in a densely populated area, and an associate was being sought. Adding to the nightmare, an explosive was found in Boston Friday morning and disabled, an official said.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev is the 2nd suspect. He is still on the loose. His brother was killed in the gunfight lastnight with police. Here is a live stream on Yahoo News covering everything that's going on. http://news.yahoo.com/control-room/;...3RfQUZD;_ylv=3

Also, the police officer that was killed by the suspects his name was Sean Collier. He was only 26 year old. Rest in peace Sean.
    http://www.odmp.org/offi...ice-officer-sean-collier
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 19th April 2013 at 4:52 PM.

1693 1038 1902

Hopefully, Dzhokhar doesn't kill himself. Then, we lose any possible lead to others who might be involved in making these kinds of bombs.
    Worse, I hope he doesn't have a detonator to the rest of the bombs that were found with him currently.
    My cousin says she's trapped in her dorm because of the traffic problem in Boston.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

I don't believe this. I live south of Boston, and already we're worried. What if he actually chooses to go into the sewers to make an escape, and winds up at the Airport? Would he end up hijacking a plane, and going back to his terrorist buddies, and repeat 9/11, and intentionally crash into the White House?

If this is the price of living in America, I'd rather America sign the Declaration of Dependence!
    It's been too long since I've been here.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAngemon View Post
    I'd rather America sign the Declaration of Dependence!
    What good would that do?! Who are we (America) going to depend on 200+ years after the Declaration of Independence?

My immediate reaction to the bombings was that it was North Koreans. Although I knew they really can't get out of the country, I thought some N-Korean somehow got past/under the 38th parallel and got into the U.S.. However, it turned out it was Chechens.
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAngemon View Post
    I don't believe this. I live south of Boston, and already we're worried. What if he actually chooses to go into the sewers to make an escape, and winds up at the Airport? Would he end up hijacking a plane, and going back to his terrorist buddies, and repeat 9/11, and intentionally crash into the White House?

If this is the price of living in America, I'd rather America sign the Declaration of Dependence!
    Are you trolling or stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    What good would that do?! Who are we (America) going to depend on 200+ years after the Declaration of Independence?

My immediate reaction to the bombings was that it was North Koreans. Although I knew they really can't get out of the country, I thought some N-Korean somehow got past/under the 38th parallel and got into the U.S.. However, it turned out it was Chechens.
    North Koreans? Seriously? And it wasn't "Chechens": they get essentially nothing out of attacking America. They're more Russian than Middle-Eastern, and hate Russia itself anyway. From what I've read, they were two naturalized citizens of Chechen origin -- basically Americans. They're domestic terrorists before they're anything else.

Honestly, from the first I heard of the bombings, I estimated a 90% chance of it being done domestically, 9% chance of being Middle-Eastern/Jihadists/whatever-you-want-to-call-thems, and a 1% chance of it being some crackpot theory I would read on the internet somewhere.

They have him in custody now. Good, I wanted him to be taken alive. They need to get information out of him.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

here's a link

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect was captured Friday night after police found him in a boat in a suburban backyard after a bloody rampage and daylong suspect, law enforcement sources said.
    Cheers went up from a crowd of police gathered at the scene in Watertown, Mass., where bursts of gunfire had been heard over the course of two hours.

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    They have him in custody now. Good, I wanted him to be taken alive. They need to get information out of him.
    If he didn't make the bombs, then we need to know where and who he got them from pronto! I don't want to see DC or any other major American city to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    If he didn't make the bombs, then we need to know where and who he got them from pronto! I don't want to see DC or any other major American city to get hurt.
    What about non-major cities?

Anyway, it's cool he got caught alive. I surely though he'd kill himself like everyone else who does these type of things do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    What about non-major cities?
    Anyway, it's cool he got caught alive. I surely though he'd kill himself like everyone else who does these type of things do.
    That was my first reaction when I heard he wasn't killed along with his brother and he ran. Terrorists are usually suicidal, and I originally thought it was a North Korean suicide bomber.

The non-major cities will get as much attention as major cities, but only by the media, not the bombers.

First off I wanna say.

Hats off to the Boston Police Department, FBI, Swat Teams, and other organizations involved trying to find suspect number 2. The parasite is captured, and in custody as we all know. Once this guy gets interrogated we should learn more about his motive, learn more about him, his brother, who provided and made the bombs for him and his brother to use. It will be interesting to hear what this scumbag has to say.

1693 1038 1902

Good thing they finally caught him, now we need to make sure things like this don't happen again anywhere in the WORLD.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Good thing they finally caught him, now we need to make sure things like this don't happen again anywhere in the WORLD.
    that's pretty impossible. people said that after Newtown, Virginia Tech, Columbine, OKC, etc. plus, this stuff happens even more frequently in places outside the U.S. the best I think we can hope for is just to stay alert for the next one and to enjoy life, because it can end any second of any day

Credit to Brutaka

The media is always retarded when it comes to covering tragedies, with headlines like "WHERE IS HE?" in bold and 100 size font (CNN website). It's ridiculous, and the way they covered the manhunt yesterday was akin to the part in the book Fahrenheit 451 where     Spoiler:- Spolier:
    and the media is covering it like it's a show for entertainment.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast