Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

What a papa wolf. I like him, and I know nothing else about him. Perhaps killing the guy may have been pushing it, but the man was a pedophile and he saved his daughter, so justice is rightfully served.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Rodney King has been found dead:

Rodney King, the African American at the centre of the Los Angeles riots 20 years ago, has been found dead aged 47.

His fiancee found his body at the bottom of a swimming pool, but there was no sign of foul play.

King was a victim of police brutality in 1991, but the officers involved were acquitted the following year.
    And if anyone remembers all the stage collapses from last Summer, another one has occured:

One person has died in a stage collapse before a Radiohead concert in the Canadian city of Toronto.

Three others were injured, one seriously, in the incident at Downsview Park, medical officials said.

The collapse happened an hour before the gates were due to open for the concert, with queues already beginning to form outside.
    Last edited by Spookz; 17th June 2012 at 7:06 PM.

Good for him, I would have made sure he was dead if she were my daughter.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Update on the Texan father.

A grand jury has declined to bring charges against a Texas father who said he beat to death a man who was attempting to sexually assault his 5-year-old daughter, officials said on Tuesday.

The father, whose name has not been released because he has not been charged with a crime, told police he heard his daughter's screams and ran to a secluded area where he found her under attack by Jesus Flores, 47, who worked for the family.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Youtube pulls the plug on the popular MP3 conversion website.

Needless to say, a lot of people are very angry right now.

Who the hell uses Youtube for their music? Really, the only time someone should download music from Youtube is when it's unavailable anywhere else.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    The assaulter's name was Jesus?
    Also, http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...e-vote-against
    European lawmakers rejected the global Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (Acta) on Thursday, signalling that the European Parliament may soon use new-found rights to derail an international agreement for the first time.
    Seems ACTA probably won't pass here in Europe :P
    Last edited by 32er; 21st June 2012 at 6:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptichomp View Post
    Also, http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...e-vote-against

Seems ACTA probably won't pass here in Europe :P
    Thank god Europe isn't as stupid as other countries that have signed this.

Remember the bus monitor who was bullied by middle school kids? Well they "apparently" apologized.

The New York school bus monitor who was bullied relentlessly and driven to tears by four middle school students is getting apologies from some of the boys.

“I am so sorry for the way I treated you,” one of the students named Josh said in statement. “When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I will never treat anyone this way again.”

Another student, Wesley, said he feels “really bad” about the incident.

A father of a third student said, “I would like it if he could do some work for you or help you in some way,” in a statement to police. “I am embarrassed, angry and sad about the awful way he treated you.”
    I don't believe these little bastards are truly sorry for what they did. I think they were told to say this, or at least planned out what to say so they can at least "prove" they had an inkling of regret. I hope they get what's coming to them.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Remember the bus monitor who was bullied by middle school kids? Well they "apparently" apologized. I don't believe these little bastards are truly sorry for what they did. I think they were told to say this, or at least planned out what to say so they can at least "prove" they had an inkling of regret. I hope they get what's coming to them.
    My grandparents told me about this. Wow. There are kids that are like that on my bus (we were near an immigrant bus and they shouted out the window, "We're on a REAL bus!"). Which is why I stopped riding it. It breaks my heart to see retards hurt old women's feelings. Well, we'll be making fun of them in the long run anyways, who'd hire someone like that? I hope this lady recovers. :/

キバゴ

I don't think this will come as a huge shock to anyone but:

Former US college football coach Jerry Sandusky has been found guilty of 45 out of 48 counts of child sex abuse.

Sandusky, 68, denied 48 counts of abusing 10 boys over 15 years. He is expected to appeal but could spend the rest of his life in prison.

The jury reached its verdict at the end of its second day of deliberations.

His arrest in November caused a scandal at Penn State University, Pennsylvania, that saw the president and legendary football coach Joe Paterno both fired.

The jury found the former coach not guilty of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with Victim 2 and indecent assault of Victims 5 and 6.

After the verdict, Sandusky's bail was revoked and he was taken into custody in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.

The section of the ACA/Healthcare Law that mandates having health insurance or pay a 1% tax from their income has been ruled constitutional this morning.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/s...135554880.html
    Last edited by G50; 28th June 2012 at 5:18 PM.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

RIM’s Plunge Adds Pressure To ‘Sell, Break Up Or Die’

Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) plunged 19 percent, the biggest decline in more than a year, after posting a loss and delaying the next BlackBerry operating system, increasing pressure on the company to find an acquirer.

RIM reported a first-quarter loss yesterday of 37 cents a share, excluding some items, more than five times bigger than what analysts had predicted. Sales tumbled 43 percent to $2.8 billion, missing a prediction of $3.05 billion, and the company said it would cut 5,000 jobs.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...0-release.html

CERN Scientists think they've found the Higgs Boson

The articles seems to switch between "we've found something like it" and "we've definitely found it most definitely", but regardless, pretty important news for science.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

More ACTA news:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...?newsfeed=true

The European Parliament has overwhelmingly defeated the international Acta anti-piracy agreement, delighting its opponents and plunging its supporters into gloom.

The vote is the first time that the parliament has used its powers under the Lisbon Treaty to reject an international trade agreement.

However, other countries such as the US and Japan are expected to continue with implementing it.

Acta could still be revived if the European Commission, the executive arm of the EU, considers that it needs to be implemented and wins a court decision over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    CERN Scientists think they've found the Higgs Boson

The articles seems to switch between "we've found something like it" and "we've definitely found it most definitely", but regardless, pretty important news for science.
    Ah, I'm so glad to see that here. I was so excited when I read about it, but there isn't a soul in my social circle that would know or care in the slightest. We owe a polite smattering of applause to those scientists among us who dedicate their lives to peeling back the layers of mystery enveloping our universe. ^_^

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

CNN) -- At least 14 people were killed and 50 wounded when a gunman opened fire during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, Police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.
    The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect has not immediately been released.
    This is just sick. Why would this guy do something so awful?

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Quote Originally Posted by Playful Nightmare View Post
    Why would this guy do something so awful?
    Because unfortunately people are like that. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Playful Nightmare View Post
    14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

This is just sick. Why would this guy do something so awful?
    Well, what did you expect? A big movie like the Dark knight debuts, and people who can't get in have fire arms. Notice this isn't the first time this has happened. The aftermath is pretty ****ed up if you ask me.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1688547.html

I think I may have gone to my last midnight showing. Prayers to the families of those people

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1688547.html

I think I may have gone to my last midnight showing. Prayers to the families of those people
    I heard about that.. I almost got a little sick when I heard about it on the news this morning I can't believe even an infant got shot. I can't believe we have people in this world that are so twisted that they would do a thing like this.

Forgive me for being skeptical but that article seems a bit fake

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Well, it certainly isn't. It's a tragedy, and my condolences go out to everyone hurt and the families of those who were killed. It's really terrible that one can't even go to the movies without having to worry about that.

Also, and this is just a suggestion, but doesn't something like this deserve it's own thread? It doesn't really have a lot to do with the topic.

Nope it was real.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAPkg3lbtSs

WHY. WHY would I fake something like that?

plus its been all over the news

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast