Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    Didn't a girl get her stand shut down by police awhile ago for that same reason?
    I think so. something about her being on a street corner that didnt allow solliciting without consent I think. a.k.a. no permit. and a yardsale got shut down somewhere

btw this popped in my head and Im curious: How is Japan doing? have they made a come back? I haven't seen or heard anything
    Last edited by BearTown; 28th October 2012 at 5:19 AM.

still in the process of plotting out team. want it to be unique and amazing. gardevoir will be included even if she's over used xD and mighteyena cuz they r awesomazing.

send me a friend request please ^_^

Obama has been re-elected as US President again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q760t...b-cat-activism

I don't like where this whole thing in Israel is going, its taken a very ugly turn in the past few days, and this video is pretty frightening to me. These terrorists are abusing the internet now to attack Israel. Who could be next? I really hope cyber war-fare doesn't go global.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...00-killed?lite

this story reminds me about the fire that happened over a 100 years ago in new york city that killed over a 100 female workers. the fire was also started by poor working conditions. after that incident, a bunch of safety laws were passed and were heavily enforced. but i doubt that will happen in this situation

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Oh good Lord, that's awful. Yeah, I'm being reminded of that incident as well (funny, it wasn't long ago that my family was talking about this when we got to talking about industries). I'm not too surprised, though, given the status of Bangladesh being a third-world country. And yeah, I don't think any safety laws will be implemented, not for a long time.

Wow...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Sigh. If all of you guys from he US and Asia know this news up until today, please tell me an honest answer if Philippines is seriously going downhill on everything. very much the whole whorld knows this. Its even reported on BBC and CNN! Don't lie to me! ALL OF YOU (or most of you) know this news

On the month of August 2010 in Manila, Philippines, 8 Hong Kong Civilians were killed by both the terrorists and the cops rescuing the hostages. What tragically happened as one of the hardest drops in Philippines Economy. Despite President Noynoy Aquino's (current president) efforts to fix the problems of governmental corruption, this one impact raises anger issues to Hong Kong and China.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...67M0DJ20100824

Is Philippines, for you, the most corrupt ****ries in southeast asia? Or for a lighter touch, the most disorganized government and people in southeast asia?

It really hurts me to know this since I'm pinoy as well. I mean, it is truthfulness, right? I guess this one event made me ind of despise my motherland in general
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Even the Chinese communists think Kim Jong Un is sexy.
    Quoting The Onion’s spoof report, the Chinese newspaper wrote, “With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman’s dream come true.”
    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Is Philippines, for you, the most corrupt ****ries in southeast asia? Or for a lighter touch, the most disorganized government and people in southeast asia?
    This isn't surprising in the least. I'm Filipino as well, and I hate just about every aspect of this pathetic excuse for a country, ranging from idiotic politicians to the church interfering in our lives. Also two-year-old article.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

It seems like it will take a couple of decades for Philippines to recover from the historical and governmental scars before they may mature up. I noticed that President Noynoy Aquino, successor of his father and mother, just may be the one president who can make a positive change, Much like how Pres. Ramon Magsaysay did a couple decades ago
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Egyptians fear decades of Muslim Brotherhood rule, warn Morsi is no friend to US

that whole region is officially an Islamic mess. im really starting to worry that this can escalate to something unprecedented. it's not like America has done a good job negotiating with the middle east. everything (economy, peace) is just going so wrong

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Guys. Guys seriously. There's unicorns in Best Korea. You're gonna have to find the article under Past News in November 29 though.
    Pyongyang, November 29 (KCNA) -- Archaeologists of the History Institute of the DPRK Academy of Social Sciences have recently reconfirmed a lair of the unicorn rode by King Tongmyong, founder of the Koguryo Kingdom (B.C. 277-A.D. 668).
    The lair is located 200 meters from the Yongmyong Temple in Moran Hill in Pyongyang City. A rectangular rock carved with words "Unicorn Lair" stands in front of the lair. The carved words are believed to date back to the period of Koryo Kingdom (918-1392).
    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    It seems like it will take a couple of decades for Philippines to recover from the historical and governmental scars before they may mature up. I noticed that President Noynoy Aquino, successor of his father and mother, just may be the one president who can make a positive change, Much like how Pres. Ramon Magsaysay did a couple decades ago
    Aquino hardly even does anything, and when he does something, he screws it up big time. Take the Cybercrime Law, for example. He's for the damn thing, even with its broad language criminalizing libel, cyber sex, and its harsh penalties. If anything, mom and dad are turning in their graves.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

I hate to report this horrific news, but...

Elementary school shooting: 26 dead, including 18 children, in Connecticut, U.S.

A young man clad in black and carrying two handguns rampaged through a Connecticut elementary school Friday, killing 18 small children and seven adults in the nation’s second-worst school massacre, law enforcement officials said.

Some young survivors – all under age 10 -- described the terror of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, and a massive police response that included SWAT officers going room to room to search for victims.

"I was in the gym and I heard a loud, like seven loud booms, and the gym teachers told us to go in the corner, so we all huddled," a student told NBC Connecticut. "And I kept hearing these booming noises. And we all … started crying.

"All the gym teachers told us to go into the office where no one could find us," she added. "So then a police officer came in and told us to run outside. So we did and we came in the firehouse.”
    The shooter was the son of a teacher who worked there (it looked like he shot his other parent dead prior to going to the school), but the motive is not known. Still, this has to be the saddest news I've heard all year, and it's terrifying. I'm not going to doubt that there haven't been school shootings, elementary schools included (though I think that's rare in of itself), but the massacre of people, especially when young children are involved, is disheartening. I can only just imagine what the parents who lost their children in this tragedy are going through.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

18 small children? Oh my god, this is awful. I work in elementary school and now I'm honestly terrified of going to work. This is terrible. One week before Christmas too? I just can't even begin to comprehend this.

My heart goes out to all those families of the victims.

I hate news like this, it just reminds me of the vunerability that everyone is at every day. A massacre of anyone is terrible but when it's kids, it gets to me even moreso.

I may be on the other side of the world but my thoughts are with anyone involved.

To add to the topic of the Connecticut shootings:

President Obama Makes a Statement on the Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut
    Eleven facts about guns and mass shootings in the United States.

And an unrelated topic:

China school knife attack in Henan injures 22 children.

A man with a knife has wounded 22 children - at least two of them seriously - and an adult at a primary school in central China.

The attack happened at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province.

Police arrested a 36-year-old local man at the scene.

Security at China's schools has been increased in recent years following a spate of similar knife attacks in which nearly 20 children have been killed.

The BBC's John Sudworth in Shanghai says many of the attackers have been mentally disturbed men, prompting a debate about the effects of China's recent, rapid social change and the inability of an antiquated hospital system to cope with rising levels of mental illness.

The Associated Press news agency quotes a police officer as saying that this latest attack happened as pupils were arriving for classes.

The agency also quotes a county hospital administrator as saying that the man first attacked an elderly woman, then the children, before being overpowered by security guards.

He added that two of the injured pupils had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.
    Last edited by Spookz; 14th December 2012 at 10:20 PM.

CNN and FOx News have been putting the facebook of the wrong Ryan Lanza online, essentially making the country believe an innocent man is the shooter

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    CNN and FOx News have been putting the facebook of the wrong Ryan Lanza online, essentially making the country believe an innocent man is the shooter
    Why bother, the shooter is dead. It's ridiculous.

Both CNN and MSN are saying the death toll is 27, one more from earlier, and it's 20 children dead, six adults including the shooter's mother.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...nnecticut?lite (Updated MSN link.)

The gunman, identified as Ryan Lanza, 24, was also found dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, a federal law enforcement official said. Lanza's mother is a kindergarten teacher at the hilltop school, and it's inside her classroom where most of the casualties were found, according to NBCNewYork.com.

Another relative, who was not identified, was found shot to death at a home in Newtown, officials said.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Why bother, the shooter is dead. It's ridiculous.

Both CNN and MSN are saying the death toll is 27, one more from earlier, and it's 20 children dead, six adults including the shooter's mother.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...nnecticut?lite (Updated MSN link.)
    CT Police haven't confirmed the identity of the shooter yet. It's 20 kids, 6 adults, and another adult dead at a separate crime scene (a relative of the shooter in a house in the town).

twittertumblrlast.fm

CT Police haven't confirmed the identity of the shooter yet. It's 20 kids, 6 adults, and another adult dead at a separate crime scene (a relative of the shooter in a house in the town).
    Wait, so the identity, according to the news, is Ryan Lanza, but the police haven't confirmed it yet...? They questioned his brother, so...

I'm confused now.
    I survived Pupa.

Oaky, I live in Connecticut. I find it pretty scary that this happened not very far from me too. I don't think that this man had any reason to justify shooting little kids. I mean seriously, calm the eff down. Your 18. You should have the maturity level to deal with any issue in your life without having to SHOOT SOMEONE, especially little kids. Pray for Newton everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

I hate when people blame the guns, but not the shooters, my heart is to all the victims.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Wait, so the identity, according to the news, is Ryan Lanza, but the police haven't confirmed it yet...? They questioned his brother, so...

I'm confused now.
    Adam Lanza is the suspect now, Ryan Lanza is the one in custody for questioning

twittertumblrlast.fm

He's also been identified as the younger brother, so his age from 24 dropped to 20. That freaks me out a bit, being a 20-year-old myself. Yeah, I shouldn't be shocked as people from all generations have done horrific things, but it makes me lose my faith in humanity even more learning a person of your generation did something like this.

I wonder how the brother feels about this. If he had nothing to do with the incident (though we don't know how Adam got possession of two handguns, I have a feeling one of them was Ryan's), I imagine he feels awful.
    I survived Pupa.

Wait, did the shooter actually take his own life? That's what I heard. I'm just so confused now.

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    Wait, did the shooter actually take his own life? That's what I heard. I'm just so confused now.
    From what I've read (found out a few hours ago, only read details a few minutes ago), yes, he did take his own life.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    He was found dead at the scene, so it's possible, unless another teacher fought back. I'm not sure myself, that's just what I've gathered.

Two children had died at the hospital, which explains why the death toll went up. I hope it doesn't go up again.
    I survived Pupa.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast