Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Official News Thread - Misc To Replace CNN

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Two children had died at the hospital, which explains why the death toll went up. I hope it doesn't go up again.
    Me too, this is just awful. All these poor little kids. And their families too. I'm just deeply saddened right now.

Jesus. I'm stunned at the whole thing. From Aurora to that shooting in Oregon a little while back, and now this, when will all this be over? My thoughts go out to all the victims and their families.

There's going to be parents who go home to find the gifts they've bought their children who are now dead. This is heartbreaking, I can't really find another word to describe it.

Star-Lord

That is just horrible, on what someone did in Connecticet!
    Poor families Having a Blue Christmas 'Sniff'

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

it's being called (and I'm paraphrasing) "the 2nd worst shooting in U.S. history". how tragic! my prayers go to the victims and their families. i hope those innocent souls have found peace in the afterlife, and i hope anyone traumatized can recover from this monstrosity

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

No lie, I live 5 minutes from where the shooting happened.
    I can't even think of a word that describes this.
    How the hell can you shoot little children.. especially 20 little children?!

I wish the best for the families. I don't even want to be a human anymore because if a human is capable of doing crap like this.. what's the point? Where's the good anymore?

Don't you just love this world /sarcasm.

Seriously, this is outrageous and depressive at the same time, some people are just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    There's going to be parents who go home to find the gifts they've bought their children who are now dead. This is heartbreaking, I can't really find another word to describe it.
    Yeah... I read this tweet earlier and it nearly got to me.

"There are parents in Connecticut who are going home to hidden Christmas presents for children who are dead."
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

My god, what the hell is wrong with America these days? What the hell is wrong with humanity?

I can't believe someone would be heartless enough to just kill all those people like that. And right before Christmas, too. I knew that murderers like this existed, but this is just...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    No lie, I live 5 minutes from where the shooting happened.
    I can't even think of a word that describes this.
    How the hell can you shoot little children.. especially 20 little children?!

I wish the best for the families. I don't even want to be a human anymore because if a human is capable of doing crap like this.. what's the point? Where's the good anymore?
    Ugh. I can imagine the feeling. Being that close...

This is a shame, and it must be horrible for the parents who lost their kids, and the kids who lost classmates and friends.

Alabama Hospital Shooting: St. Vincent's Gunman Wounds 3 Before Being Killed By Police

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- A man opened fire early Saturday at a hospital in Alabama, wounding a police officer and two employees before being shot and killed by another officer, authorities said.

Police were sent to St. Vincent's Hospital around 4 a.m. to check on a report of an armed man inside the facility. Two officers who arrived separately converged on the suspect on the hospital's fifth floor.

"When the officer encountered the suspect, there was immediate gunfire from the suspect," Birmingham Police Sgt. Johnny Williams said. One police officer and two hospital employees who happened to be in the area were wounded.

A second officer shot back, mortally wounding the suspect.

Williams said detectives were still trying to determine Saturday why the armed man was in the hospital. Authorities did not immediately release the names of the assailant or the victims.

A handful of cardiac patients and several staff members were on the fifth floor, hospital spokeswoman Liz Moore told reporters during a news conference. She said the hospital is secure and stable, and patient care was not interrupted.
    Thank goodness the damage was considerably less this time.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Ugh. I can imagine the feeling. Being that close...

This is a shame, and it must be horrible for the parents who lost their kids, and the kids who lost classmates and friends.
    Yes it's really eerie knowing that I probably have seen some of these people in person before.. and now knowing they're gone..

It was heartbreaking watching the news today because they actually showed pictures of a few of the children that got shot and passed.. and it made me wonder how the hell can you look at such a little child, who is so happy and defenseless.. and shoot them? It's sick.. I will get a feeling of emptiness and depression when I see the Newtown town border sign when I'm driving for now on.
    It's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Yes it's really eerie knowing that I probably have seen some of these people in person before.. and now knowing they're gone..

It was heartbreaking watching the news today because they actually showed pictures of a few of the children that got shot and passed.. and it made me wonder how the hell can you look at such a little child, who is so happy and defenseless.. and shoot them? It's sick.. I will get a feeling of emptiness and depression when I see the Newtown town border sign when I'm driving for now on.
    It's insane.
    they said he had a ton of ammo, he got sick of himself and shot himself

Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!
    ~credit to Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Ambree View Post
    they said he had a ton of ammo, he got sick of himself and shot himself
    Yes... but that still doesn't explain why the hell he shot 20 children and some of the teachers and staff ..and his mom.

^Because he's American. Every American commits a Shooting Massacre it seems. As a British person who doesn't carry 50 guns with me at any time like you Yanks seem to do, maybe you should, iunno, stop people from carrying guns. Because here's the shocker if people don't have guns, then they can't commit gun crimes. Am I the only one who doesn't care, not meaning to sound harsh or anything but Americans shooting places up then killing themselves is becoming passe. I mean first Columbine, then Virginia Tech then this. I don't know America, show some originality in your horrible deeds, don't milk the Educational Massacre Tragedy cow for all it's worth, or at least wait like 30 or 40 years before you do a rehash.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

I honestly can't fathom how anyone can shoot little kids. This honestly makes me not want to associated with the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    ^Because he's American. Every American commits a Shooting Massacre it seems. As a British person who doesn't carry 50 guns with me at any time like you Yanks seem to do, maybe you should, iunno, stop people from carrying guns. Because here's the shocker if people don't have guns, then they can't commit gun crimes. Am I the only one who doesn't care, not meaning to sound harsh or anything but Americans shooting places up then killing themselves is becoming passe. I mean first Columbine, then Virginia Tech then this. I don't know America, show some originality in your horrible deeds, don't milk the Educational Massacre Tragedy cow for all it's worth, or at least wait like 30 or 40 years before you do a rehash.
    Really.. because only American's have gu's or have ever killed with a gun, how about the 22 kids injured in China by the psycho stabber? Should we not carry knifes now because of that?

The problem is not the guns it's the idiots behind the guns.

It's like blameming the car for drunk driving accident's, whos fault is it when that happen's huh?
    Last edited by [ACE] Zero; 16th December 2012 at 3:13 PM.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

^You know what? Your argument's invalid due to the fact that you committed so many grammatical errors.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

^You know what? Your argument's invalid due to the fact that you committed so many grammatical errors.
    That's the best you got? Really, I can expect more from a 12 year old than what you just provided.

How about a legit responsee kid.

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    That's the best you got? Really, I can expect more from a 12 year old than what you just provided.

How about a legit response kid.
    People notice spelling/grammar mistakes when they can't think of a response to someone.

Anyway, if the government implemented gun control, criminals would still obtain guns illegally.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    People notice spelling/grammar mistakes when they can't think of a response to someone.

Anyway, if the government implemented gun control, criminals would still obtain guns illegally.
    Exactly, also instead of raising the Superintendent's (spelling?) Salary by $150,000 how about the government uses that money to hire Security Guard's at school's?

Heck they don't even have to have a weapon, maybe just a Tazer, as long there is a "form of law enforcement" presence it's better than none at all.

damn it all, i was afraid it would lead to this. last time i checked, this was a news discussion thread. there is a thread for debates, i.e. gun control/2nd amendment (no, I'm not providing a link cuz I'm ticked off). there are children who died. there are people like mandi who are shocked this nightmare that occurred so close to home. so why the **** are you people talking about gun control? this isn't about politics! this is about a moral crime that has been committed.

oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure "yank" is a very derogatory word so bringing discrimination into this is like the worst thing you could do. that whole u.s. vs. Britain bull**** was settled after 1812. we're all friends now. why are you attacking a nation of people for the act of one person? so ignorant
    Last edited by flamebeam; 16th December 2012 at 4:07 PM.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

That is just bad generalisation. You also seem to think that Americans going on gun sprees is now cliché? That is a bit too far, I'm sure victims of the tragedy would really smack you with a shovel for that. As people pointed out, illegal acts will still happen. Drugs are banned here (Cocaine and the like), yet people still get hold of them...

I can't fathom how anyone can be so harsh about innocent people being murdered. They were excited to learn and get home for christmas, but someone took Christmas in 2012 away from them.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

^Wait? Wait? Hold on buddy, fighting one nation because of one person? Ain't that the same thing which you were doing in your so-called 'War On Terror'? Look mate, as a limey, I don't mind Yanks, I just don't get why you build your nation on such self-serving, self-pitying hypocrisy. If the same thing happened in an Arabic country, if it happened say 5 years ago in Afghanistan, you'd blame it on Al Qaeda, right? Yet you want people to feel pity for a nation built on war, a nation which when it doesn't participate in a war forces a war, forces violence, a nation which gives people guns then acts surprised and shocked when a gun goes off? If this happened here, if it happened in Luxembourg, Macau, Kiribati, Tuvalu, Comoros, Turkey, a country not built on guns and gunboat diplomacy, then yeah I would care more. Yeah they're children, it's sad, the little brats won't have Christmas, yeah it's sad, but that's not the point and the point of the matter is until you at least want to gain peace, until you don't force us Brits to join you in a suicide charge against some far-out Arabic or Arabic-related country which we know we can't defeat, until you put the well-being of the majority before the minority, follow our leads, follow the world's leads, that's what I'm getting at here. If that makes me a bad guy, then sure blame the Brit, do the same goddamn thing you always do, but until you stop believing that the phrase 'dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori' means the world to you, then I'll leave.

What an incredibly callous and narrow-minded post. Show some damn respect to the victims instead of calling it "just another shooting" and making such snide remarks about America's gun control. Anybody using using this to push their personal agenda about gun laws while the bodies are still warm needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

e: Good Christ, you're getting even worse. Twenty children died in this tragedy. This is not the time to wage a personal war on a country you seemingly despise.

the little brats won't have Christmas
    You're a disgusting human being.
    Last edited by Valoo.; 16th December 2012 at 4:28 PM.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast