Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Epic Defense Force! (743)

It was a nice episode. I think this was Luke's last appearance.

Can't wait for the last gym battle of Unova.

Seems like it was a fun episode from the pictures.

Will have to watch it later.

Going through the pics I was like wtf Gollet evolved, ahn nah special effects.

Poor Larvesta didn't get to do anything.

So the contents of this episode is gonna be updated into the pokemon movies in the anime section, right? lol..

Who's That Pokemon? being Tyranitar instead of Krookodile has to mean something, right?

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    As for the downside? Some of Cilan's manneirisms seemed to be a bit too much over the top. Sure, the part with him "acting" as the villain was funny, but the ones were he goes all fanboy over cinema and this stuff kind of get annoying at times.
    He's always like that. I'm surprised you've just noticed.

I get the feeling that the episode could've been better if it hadn't been a long commercial for PokeWood and BW2. The first movie episode was great because it was full of anime-exclusive stuff, but this episode featured too many in-game things. I wasn't a fan.

Isn't it coincidental this episode aired on Mamoru Miyano's birthday? XDDD He had like ALL of the lines in this one. XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

mGM zorua was adorable :3...also, does anyone know what move the golurk used? The blue force thing was psychic but what was the attack where it shot beams of light out of its eyes? or that punching attack? I know they are special effects but they are still real pokemon attacks...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Nice episode!!!
    I like the parody of MGM logo ^_^
    And I like Ash's movie role!
    Nice development for Luke as Movie Director
        Spoiler:

Wow, nobody's yet complaining about Cilan?
    I felt he was gonna explode in the beginning of the episode, he sure has energy when it comes to things he likes :'D
    Oh, but episode was pretty funny indeed, I especially loved the beginning when both Cilan and Luke fanboyed over movie stuffs!

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    He's always like that. I'm surprised you've just noticed.
    Actually I was stating I found Cilan's "over the topness" was a bit too much in this episode. I'd say it was even more played when compared to other episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    I felt he was gonna explode in the beginning of the episode, he sure has energy when it comes to things he likes :'D
    PFFT IKR? That was hilarious. The irony is, in the movie he DID explode. XD I love it how he really can't control himself when it comes to these things.

Oh, but episode was pretty funny indeed, I especially loved the beginning when both Cilan and Luke fanboyed over movie stuffs!
    Both Luke and Dento are just so adorkable. This picture was my favorite scene.

Spoiler:- :

It was an okay, actually more so boring, episode than I was expecting. All the Dento stuff didn't save it at all, honestly it felt like it was too much.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    Actually I was stating I found Cilan's "over the topness" was a bit too much in this episode. I'd say it was even more played when compared to other episodes.
    Yeah well I have a feeling that his over-the-topness will become even more pronounced in future episodes. I've been saying this for months now, but very few people take me seriously. Thankfully this episode gave us a glimpse of the future, and while I know that members like Dento Girl are in love with Cilan, I hope his other, more reasonable fans start to realize that he's too theatrical for his own good. I mean seriously, we shouldn't have to put up with him in a Luke-themed episode.

Thankfully this episode gave us a glimpse of the future, and while I know that members like Dento Girl are in love with Cilan, I hope his other, more reasonable fans start to realize that he's too theatrical for his own good.
    And who gave you the right to call out other members? It's a bit hypocritical, no, it's VERY hypocritical from you to call out other members for being "in love" with fictional characters when you yourself don't realize when that damn otter doesn't deserve his screentime. Your obsession is the worst and thus you don't deserve to call out other people for things you do yourself.

You're such an Oshawott stan. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    PFFT IKR? That was hilarious. The irony is, in the movie he DID explode. XD I love it how he really can't control himself when it comes to these things.

Both Luke and Dento are just so adorkable. This picture was my favorite scene.

Spoiler:- :
    I did love that scene as well, also enjoyed the scene with Cilan and Luke sitting on a beach and Cilan was wiping his tears away or something.

This episode really showed exactly how Cilan and Luke would react to these kind of things, what with both being movie enthusiastic, it's obvious they were going to excited, anyone who thought other wise simply doesn't understand their character.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I mean seriously, we shouldn't have to put up with him in a Luke-themed episode.
    Um, well, Dent is a Movie Sommelier after all. So what did you expect? Of course he would be getting that sort of role in this.

When something Dent loves is involved it should be common to think "welp, I gotta prepare myself for some Dent fanboying".

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    And who gave you the right to call out other members? It's a bit hypocritical, no, it's VERY hypocritical from you to call out other members for being "in love" with fictional characters when you yourself don't realize when that damn otter doesn't deserve his screentime. Your obsession is the worst and thus you don't deserve to call out other people for things you do yourself.

You're such an Oshawott stan. -.-
    I wish I could clarify a few misconceptions, but that would be off-topic. I'll just say that there's a difference between having a favorite Pokemon and liking a fictional boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Um, well, Dent is a Movie Sommelier after all. So what did you expect? Of course he would be getting that sort of role in this.

When something Dent loves is involved it should be common to think "welp, I gotta prepare myself for some Dent fanboying".
    But he's an Everything Sommelier. We get a fishing episode, and suddenly he's a fisherman. We get a dancing episode, and suddenly he's a dancer. We get a space episode, and suddenly he's an astronaut. It's super annoying how the writers find ways to shove him down our throats. I know he's not a real person and all that, but it's still unnatural for him to have this many hobbies. It's even more ridiculous when you look back to the stuff he's said/done while he's been with Ash and Iris in a forest or something, and you remember that all he's ever really mentioned is Pokemon and cooking. So I don't get how he has time for all these hobbies when half of the time he's stuck in the middle of nowhere.
    Last edited by Lorde; 8th June 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Meloetta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by DeLaw; 8th June 2012 at 11:10 PM.

Every time I witness Dent being all hammy I have to pause the video to take it in. It's just so much.... Although for me I mean that in a good way.

I liked the episode. The movie was cool, I enjoyed seeing Luke and Dent being in movie heaven and the roles the group are given in movies are the roles they should always play. However I found Jaws (Luke's film-making rival) to be rather forgettable. By the way, planet Dentron... Ha, love that.

I know he's not a real person and all that, but it's still unnatural for him to have this many hobbies.
    And that's why in my head cannon I believe Cilan was a completely different person when he was younger. Like; maybe he didn't amount to much and then came out of his shell and wanted to try many different things? Yeah.... but let us not trail off on that area as this is all my head cannon.

Hm, I wonder if Cilan will ever reveal himself to be a Cooking or Food Connoisseur (I'd expect it to happen in an episode which focuses on them)...
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 9th June 2012 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    However I found Jaws (Luke's film-making rival) to be rather forgettable.
    His name won't be forgettable though. xDDD

And that's why in my head cannon I believe Cilan was a completely different person when he was younger. Like; maybe he didn't amount to much and then came out of his shell and wanted to try many different things? Yeah.... but let us not trail off on that area as this is all just in my head cannon.

Hm, I wonder if Cilan will ever reveal himself to be a Cooking or Food Connoisseur (I'd expect it to happen in an episode which focuses on them)....
    I have a head canon similar to that, which is, when Dento was younger he was shy like his game self. He always liked the things, like fishing, science, etc. He did those things to just get away from things for a while. Like his own little world, where he didn't have to talk to anyone. As he got a bit older, he wanted to break out of that shell, and so he decided to become a Pokemon Sommelier. What better way to get over being shy than having a profession of stringing words together? Then after recieving some inspirational words, he took a 180 and isn't scared to be himself (though, I can imagine he might just be a LITTLE over-passionate. :P)

Well, when you think about it, it is possible. I mean surely nobody can be born with that much optimism? They would have to build it up.

Look at Pokémon Ranger Ben; He's extremely optimistic, but he wasn't born like that. It was his grandfather's support which made him so.

Gotta say, I loved how Pignite was out watching the movie and was there as Luke got his price and all. I mean, it would've been nicer if ALL of the Pokes got to hang out like that, but I was afraid that Pignite would start getting treated like a battling machine after evolving, yet he's actually getting some nice screen time separate from Oshawott and Snivy for a change.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

It was an okay episode. It wasn't as good as the first because they filmed an amateur film in the first appearance, so they were onset and did everything themselves. They we're just in a montage of Hollywood cgi and recordings. I understand that that's what the movie business is, but it doesn't make for good tv. Luke's film turned out well though, and I loved the MGM Lion as Zorua. Nice allusion.

Meloetta and Team Rocket reappearing were nice too. What were they saying?

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

This episode wasn't bad, but it was so different than the others ... I didn't know if I really like it !

This episode was ok... better than the last movie episode. Pignite, Pikachu, and Ash looked great in their space outfits. The movie itself looked great, although I felt the rest of the episode was very slow. Krookodile was animated very well, although I wish it would've been shown battling in the episode for the movie Jaws made. Zorua looked cute as the opening Lion (not sure what that's called...). It was nice to see all of Ash's on-hand Pokemon participate in the movie. Cilan was funny when he and Luke went crazy about Pokewood and movies.

50/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast