Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Epic Defense Force! (743)

I was hoping for a Clevon Shpielbunk cameo :/

I wasn't expecting Meloetta/TRio preview. Nice little teaser!

I kinda wish anyone else would have been used alongside Pikachu besides Pignite. He's just gotten a gym battle and is about to get another...

All in all, solid episode.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    I kinda wish anyone else would have been used alongside Pikachu besides Pignite. He's just gotten a gym battle and is about to get another...
    I actually like it that Pignite is getting a lot of screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I actually like it that Pignite is getting a lot of screen time.
    I agree. It's good to show Pignite's funny and interesting side, then his serious-always-battling side.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Finished watching the episode, and this has got to be one of my favorite episodes. I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe all those movies they were talking about were all references to real movies, just Pokemoning them.

I still love this:

And there was more movie themes and explanations then I thought.

This episode really did serve as some nice development for Luke, showing his growth as a movie director.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Finished watching the episode, and this has got to be one of my favorite episodes. I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe all those movies they were talking about were all references to real movies, just Pokemoning them.

I still love this:

And there was more movie themes and explanations then I thought.

This episode really did serve as some nice development for Luke, showing his growth as a movie director.
    Oh lord, MGM will sue! :P

What I didn't understand at all was the scene with the evolving Golett. The last scene with Zorua changing into Golett and back implies that she was playing Golett, but that couldn't be the case considering we saw two Iris' in that shot.

So we have
    - Luke's Golett that's evolving
    - Iris
    - Zorua as Iris
    - Golett next to Luke when they're doing their soundbites

How the heck could this have happened???

I'll tell you! Luke's Golett evolved! And nobody noticed it!

Here's the clue:
    - First we see them shooting the movie.
    - We see Golett evolve into Golurk. This can't be Zorua, as Zorua is transformed as Iris in the same shot.
    - However, we see Golett returning onscreen in the movie after Golurk' petrified itself again. The clue is that this is shot before the action sequence.

You might be thinking: But Golett was scene next to Luke in the audiorecording-room!!

Think again, Zorua transforming into Iris and Golurk at the end is the dead giveaway, eventhough Golurk was probably just an error and was meant to be Golett:
    - The Golett we saw in the audiorecording-room is Zorua transformed as Golett. Zorua is always onscreen in groupshots, yet it's absent during the audiorecording.

So logically, and hereby proven: Luke's Golett did evolve.

Deny it if you want to believe that some random Golett just happened to be there and just happened to be okay evolving for no apparent reason for some stranger.

And for anybody willing to counterargument that the Golurk wasn't an error and that Zorua did portray the role of Golurk:
    - There's a shot where there are two Iris' (meaning Iris and Zorua) in the same shot as Golurk.
    Last edited by Locormus; 26th June 2012 at 5:50 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

What I didn't understand at all was the scene with the evolving Golett. The last scene with Zorua changing into Golett and back implies that she was playing Golett, but that couldn't be the case considering we saw two Iris' in that shot.

So we have
    - Iris
    - Zorua as Iris

Here's the clue:
    - We see Golett evolve into Golurk. This can't be Zorua, as Zorua is transformed as Iris in the same shot.
    - However, we see Golett returning onscreen in the movie after Golurk' petrified itself again. The clue is that this is shot before the action sequence.

You might be thinking: But Golett was scene next to Luke in the audiorecording-room!!

Think again, Zorua transforming into Iris and Golurk at the end is the dead giveaway, eventhough Golurk was probably just an error and was meant to be Golett:
    - The Golett we saw in the audiorecording-room is Zorua transformed as Golett. Zorua is always onscreen in groupshots, yet it's absent during the audiorecording.

Deny it if you want to believe that some random Golett just happened to be there and just happened to be okay evolving for no apparent reason for some stranger.

And for anybody willing to counterargument that the Golurk wasn't an error and that Zorua did portray the role of Golurk:
    - There's a shot where there are two Iris' (meaning Iris and Zorua) in the same shot as Golurk.
    The Golurk was just probably a green screen effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

So we have
    - Iris
    - Zorua as Iris

Here's the clue:

I'm 100% certain there was some movie magic involved in all of this.

I'm pretty sure Iris was playing both Iris' as well, only one was mirrored, and edited on, although Zorua might have played her in a scene or two too. But I'm pretty certain the scene of both Iris crying was of just Iris, among a few other scenes.

Things were simply cut and paste from all over the place to have things flow nicely. It's just like when an actor plays two characters in one scene, the scene is filmed twice with both characters and the scenes are then edited to include both characters. If anyone who watched Austin Powers, Mike Myers plays both Mike Myers and Dr. Evil(Among some others), there are numerous scenes with both character in the same scene, of course Mike can't be playing both at the same time, and no it's not a stunt double, simply Mike acted out his roles for both characters of those scenes and editors put it together.

There is a ton of movie magic that gets put into movies, the actual making of most movies have a lot more confusion in them if you don't really know much about them.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I'm 100% certain there was some movie magic involved in all of this.

I'm pretty sure Iris was playing both Iris' as well, only one was mirrored, and edited on, although Zorua might have played her in a scene or two too. But I'm pretty certain the scene of both Iris crying was of just Iris, among a few other scenes.

Things were simply cut and paste from all over the place to have things flow nicely. It's just like when an actor plays two characters in one scene, the scene is filmed twice with both characters and the scenes are then edited to include both characters. If anyone who watched Austin Powers, Mike Myers plays both Mike Myers and Dr. Evil(Among some others), there are numerous scenes with both character in the same scene, of course Mike can't be playing both at the same time, and no it's not a stunt double, simply Mike acted out his roles for both characters of those scenes and editors put it together.

There is a ton of movie magic that gets put into movies, the actual making of most movies have a lot more confusion in them if you don't really know much about them.
    I know all of this... -.- I'm in my third year studying media.. I was just putting down a framework from which I think the pokemon animé would work... I doubt they would go into movieproduction too heavily. If they wanted to imply that Iris role was a double effort, then why did they have Zorua transform in the first place?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Ahahahahaha I loved this episode. xDDD It was just one of those that kept my interest when I found it boring when I first watched it. XD I just loved how they had Dento do whatever with the Robo Tyranitar. Makes me wonder how much of it they had to work around. xD

Oh oh! And "LET'S PLAY WHICH ONE IS IRIS GAME?" What's up with twin/triplets and vacant stares? It's beginning to creep me out. o.o;
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

So this episode is about to air in the states, yes. And Meloetta hasn't been revealed to the west officially. If they let this episode air and don't say anything, that's a joke.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

It was a good episode. There were some movie references in the episode like Gone with the Wind and Dirty Harry. And Meloetta appears in this episode. Next episode will have Roxie in it, I'll be looking foward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    It was a good episode. There were some movie references in the episode like Gone with the Wind and Dirty Harry. And Meloetta appears in this episode. Next episode will have Roxie in it, I'll be looking foward to it.
    Did Meloetta have her japanese voice or was it english?

I had really liked this ep. Especially since I'm going to school for filming myself, this was a learning experience for those who are actually looking for a career in the industry even though I alread know mostly everything they were discussing.

-great to see luke and zorua again.
    -the movie references (ex. Dirty harry, dirty herdier) nice.
    -I liked how during the montage, they were showing how to edit the movie on the computer and adding special effects.
    -the appearance of melotta and team rocket surprised me. I thought she wasn't going to appear til next week.
    -also liked how the second half of the show they focused on the actual movies that the teams had made. It was like watchin a mini-ep inside an episode.

10/10. I definitely love the pokemon anime this time around and the 5th gen. Looking forward to the pokemon black and white 2 games tomorrow.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Did Meloetta have her japanese voice or was it english?
    I think it was its Japanese voice, but I don't know.

This was interesting... seening a pokemon from a previous region for a long time, and seeing luke's movie on screen. I'm looking forward to getting Pokemon black 2 tomorrow.

Luke makes a better movie then Micheal Bay and M Night Shalamasamadamanama...kun!

I enjoyed the episode it was fun. Though the rival seem really unneeded.

The fact we saw the full movie was awesome.
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by PokeRhymeBeat View Post
    Luke makes a better movie then Micheal Bay and M Night Shalamasamadamanama...kun!

Agree with this, particularly about the rival being unneeded

I normally don't care for most BW fillers but this one was great.

All that matters to me is.. did my Meloetta keep her Japanese voice, or is the dub voice at least enjoyable?!
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    All that matters to me is.. did my Meloetta keep her Japanese voice, or is the dub voice at least enjoyable?!
    To the former question: yes they did.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Great episode.. makes me excited to try pokestar studios soon with black 2!

Meloetta makes her debute! poor thing.

oh and the discussion I'm sure the golurk was done with zorua and green screen effects, since it showed zorua use an illusionto become golurk to show she played them both..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeRhymeBeat View Post

I liked the naruto abridged ref

I liked how Ash referenced dirty harry(dirty herdier) even though he was 10!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Meloetta did keep her japanese voice.

Anyways
    Really really loved this episode, a big improvement from the efforts of last week, and i nearly cried when ash said he watched dirty herdier.. just so gross ahahahah ohh and that va at the end sounded like diamond and pearl james..
    9.2/10

Enjoyed the dub more the original IMO
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I initially thought that this episode was gonna turn out horrible, but the whole movie making bit and seeing the finished product completely changed my mind. I thought this was a really cool episode.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This was by far the best filler IMO. Now I really want to try out Pokewood studios.
    I'll put something here...eventually

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSerperior View Post
    This was by far the best filler IMO. Now I really want to try out Pokewood studios.
    Don't see how it was filler since they did a game event plus Mello appeared
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast