Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Unova Chronicles Discussion Thread

Default Pokemon: Unova Chronicles Discussion Thread

Approved by Kamotz!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz
    Quote Originally Posted by DVB
    Sign-Up Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ova-Chronicles

The actual Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...es-%28PG-13%29

I am formally requesting a discussion thread because we have at least 6 members and I believe it would be beneficial for everyone to be able to discuss the plot for new ideas as well as serve for better communication. Please and thank you.
    Approved...Go forth!
    Sign-Up Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ova-Chronicles

The actual Thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...es-%28PG-13%29

Spoiler:- THE STORY:

Requirements:

You must be able to make at least one post every few days. Exceptions are allowed but try and post as much as you can.
    You must be at least (higher is just fine) the age of your character. This is for maturity purposes so at least 13, again exceptions can be made.
    You must have experience or tell us your new and except any and all advice/criticism.
    You must have fun.

Information:

Each group can travel the land however they want and in any order, they can participate in contests, fight gyms, or just do their thing.
    Wild Pokémon can sense your Pokémon's levels through there balls, so you will almost never be bothered by something to high or to low.
    Gym leaders will change Pokémon based on the trainers level of Pokémon to make things even.
    Your Pokémon will learn moves in order of the move list, but you have to train them to learn it. (it has happened often in anime) Two training posts are required per move. (don't have to be at the same time and probably shouldn't, one training session a day would be nice)
    If your wild Pokémon gets an egg move from it's own species that is on it's level list it may have one of them.
    Your Pokémon will retain the knowledge of all known moves but can only use five different moves per battle.
    To start with Please stick to your written personality though charachter changes do happen try to keep to what you said you start.
    In this RPG you can choose to have your Pokémon talk to one another through [ ] EX. Pikachu said, [That was cool!] but humans hear, "Pika!"

Spoiler:- SIGN-UP SHEET:

Current List of Players:

DVB- Diego Vendrix
    Titan500- Robert Zhou
    Krazy95- Tyler Phoenix
    CuriousHeartless- Jackson Black
    deltakurumiru- Kari Karma

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Pokemon Unova Chronicles Discussion Topic.

Now, we have the current list of players set up. However, because Requiem hasn't replied yet, not sure whether to keep the character. Here you will be hearing about what will happen and any crazy ideas, suggestions or fanart you guys want to place.

So have fun !
    Last edited by DVB; 28th August 2012 at 10:09 PM.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

So, for another RP I'm in, I'm drawing the images Tyler Phoenix sketches. I'm thinking of doing something similar with this one maybe.

Something bugging me is that the whole group is travelling as one large massive unit. Surely this will cause problems, especially at Gym/Contest time (contests less so). Shouldn't we separate or at least attempt to sort it out a little?

It'll make my RP adventure hellish for one, as Tyler won't talk in big groups and will end up wandering quite a distance behind.

So what's the plan? Gym battles in the usual cities etc? Or a new order/scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy95 View Post
    So, for another RP I'm in, I'm drawing the images Tyler Phoenix sketches. I'm thinking of doing something similar with this one maybe.

Something bugging me is that the whole group is travelling as one large massive unit. Surely this will cause problems, especially at Gym/Contest time (contests less so). Shouldn't we separate or at least attempt to sort it out a little?

It'll make my RP adventure hellish for one, as Tyler won't talk in big groups and will end up wandering quite a distance behind.

So what's the plan? Gym battles in the usual cities etc? Or a new order/scheme?
    The usual. However, I am not sure how many trainers and coordinators we have. Also, we may be losing some folks. Also, it depends on the balance. We will go in the usual order. I am not sure if we have any coordinators. If we do, I will post the list of locations where the Contests will take place.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

I was actually thinking we could use a discussion thread.

Jack would probably pull the Nando route and go for badges and ribbons, because he's based on me and I'd go for anything I can.

That's cool. So we have at least one person going for contests. Be nice if we had one person solely dedicated to it if not two.

Hm. Based on the amount of people there may/may not be, I can see why a large group would work. But based on what I've read, other people should get involved with each other. Since the RP started, we've had VERY solid groups. Time to make the group merge into a group and talk between each other, not just to individuals.

Also, i think I'd be going for contests and badges as well. I like Contests, but never have really given them a go on RP, so would like to play it safe as such.

I can see where you are going. We have to see who remains so we can try and get everyone to interact with one another.

Robert won't aim for anything. He'll probably do one thing.

Serve as comic relief.
    RPGer Profile
    ~~~~
    [9:09 PM] delilah: achievement unlocked: use the phrase "drop it like it's hot" in my final biology project
    [1:55 AM] gabe: Presumably I don't get ###### rights because I'm English, and am thus expected to say "curse ye to Beelzebub's eternal damnation, knave"

So this is pretty much what I plan to happen to Sophi in UC.

Spoiler:- Her team:

Spoiler:- Gym Battles:

Going to probably write some more later.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    So this is pretty much what I plan to happen to Sophi in UC.

Spoiler:- Her team:

Spoiler:- Gym Battles:

Going to probably write some more later.
    Uh, how do you plan on getting Pawniard in the Dreamyard? also, is it fair to have one so early when a fellow RP'er will be using one at that time in the game as his chosen starter?

@Torpoleon What Krazy said, plus, Pawniard and Sandile aren't even in those areas. Sandile would be between Castelia and Nimbasa, and Pawniard would be found in the swamps by Iccirus, not the Dreamyard. And it's not like every pokemon is abandon by their trainers...

I'm not going to plan out the gym battles, since I'd rather just make it up as I go, but I do have some ideas for the team.

Dratini "Sky" (Starter): Evolves into Dragonair after facing Elesa, evolves into Dragonite on Victory Road

Pansear "Effie" (Dreamyard Adoption Lady): Evolves whenever Erika obtains a fire stone.
    Effie will be very outgoing and brave. She won't exactly be a tomboy, but she won't mind getting into a tussle. She's be a little bit more mother-like and serene when she evolves.

Deerling "Dharini" (Route 7): Evolves after Brycen
    Dharini, (which means "Earth" in Hindu, by the way), will be a tough as nails boy. He's the kid that would take any dare to the extremes, and then would actually do it. His middle name is tough and danger and he loves it. He will grow to be slightly more safe as he evolves.

Tynamo "Tonari" (Caught in Chargeston Cave): Evolves after battle with Brycen.
    Tonari is just a little kid in the beginning, and will grow as he levels up. In the beginning, he'll have a twisted sense of logic, thinking that Team Plasma needs him for complete domination, and that he's a hero for having stayed away from them for so long. He's very self-centered.

Beyond that I don't have much of a plan, I guess. Heh-heh...

banner made by myself

Uh, how do you plan on getting Pawniard in the Dreamyard? also, is it fair to have one so early when a fellow RP'er will be using one at that time in the game as his chosen starter?
    I was going to have Pawniard be a Pokémon that ran away and wound up at the Dreamyard.

I don't think me using the same Pokémon as other people would be a problem. It's just like when people have the same starters.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by aggiegwyn View Post
    @Torpoleon What Krazy said, plus, Pawniard and Sandile aren't even in those areas. Sandile would be between Castelia and Nimbasa, and Pawniard would be found in the swamps by Iccirus, not the Dreamyard. And it's not like every pokemon is abandon by their trainers...

I'm not going to plan out the gym battles, since I'd rather just make it up as I go, but I do have some ideas for the team.

Dratini "Sky" (Starter): Evolves into Dragonair after facing Elesa, evolves into Dragonite on Victory Road

Pansear "Effie" (Dreamyard Adoption Lady): Evolves whenever Erika obtains a fire stone.
    Effie will be very outgoing and brave. She won't exactly be a tomboy, but she won't mind getting into a tussle. She's be a little bit more mother-like and serene when she evolves.

Deerling "Dharini" (Route 7): Evolves after Brycen
    Dharini, (which means "Earth" in Hindu, by the way), will be a tough as nails boy. He's the kid that would take any dare to the extremes, and then would actually do it. His middle name is tough and danger and he loves it. He will grow to be slightly more safe as he evolves.

Tynamo "Tonari" (Caught in Chargeston Cave): Evolves after battle with Brycen.
    Tonari is just a little kid in the beginning, and will grow as he levels up. In the beginning, he'll have a twisted sense of logic, thinking that Team Plasma needs him for complete domination, and that he's a hero for having stayed away from them for so long. He's very self-centered.

Beyond that I don't have much of a plan, I guess. Heh-heh...
    Actually, Sandile is found in Route 4. Pretty sure I put that Sophi would catch it on Route 4.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Yah but wouldn't it be a little too coincidental that she would get two pokemon that ran away? Plus the sandile, which doesn't belong in the area you chose either.

banner made by myself

Quote Originally Posted by aggiegwyn View Post
    Yah but wouldn't it be a little too coincidental that she would get two pokemon that ran away? Plus the sandile, which doesn't belong in the area you chose either.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...4#Pok.C3.A9mon
    We will be having events where non-Unova Pokemon will be seen, these are few and far in between. So Torpoleon can choose to met the Pawniard in the DreamYard and forsake the chance to get a non-Unova Pokemon later.

Also, we can all most our planned teams if you want to. If any of you, don't have all 6 planned, then you can save that spot for an event of a non-Unova Pokemon or a rare Unova pokemon. Now the first event will be the three elemental monkeys, Pansage, Pansear and Panpour. However, there will be two of each of the three monkeys so six in all. The second event will be an escaped trio of Unova starters, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawatt.

Petilil-> Lilligant
    Darumaka -> Darmanitan
    Panpour -> Simisoak
    Pikachu
    Sigilyph
    Dwebble -> Crustle
    Last edited by DVB; 9th June 2012 at 12:50 AM.

Sorry, my mistake with the Sandile

And if it's so common to find pokemon on the loose then who's to say we can't all find our favorite pokemon on the next trail? It's okay finding one, but finding two in such a short amount of time? Is there a story behind this? Is team plasma releasing all of their pokemon? It doesn't make sense, and unless you propose to allow us to all do that, then I don't think it should happen at all.

banner made by myself

I second what Aggie says. In fact, it's even more unfair being that we have 1 player already with Pawniard. Even if he drops out, still. I'm not happy with the way this is going at the moment.

Right, right. Look, I'll talk to Torpoleon. However, I am providing the opportunity to get pokemon not indigenous to Unova as well as a chance to get one of the starters. I'll try and figure something out.

I don't see any problem with events, it's just unfair to build for her to get good, powerful Pokemon early on which are rare to find. It'd be nice if we all has this sort of option early in.

Planning teams? Sure, a little. Will help me think.

"Selina" Purrloin -> Liepard
    Evolves in Pinwheel forest, potentially. Will stop stealing from other members of the group after she evolves.

"???" Pansear -> Simipour
    A miva (man diva) who hogs attention. May attack whoever is currently the center of attention or just try to one up them. Is always trying to make his moves and tactics look good, which makes him a perfect contest Pokemon. Evolves as soon as a firestone is available. Won't mellow out after evolving, unlike most pokemon.

"Barbara" Woobat -> Swoobat
    Caught in Wellspring Cave. Evolves against Elesa, then loses. Motherly figure of his team. She takes care off the others, including dopeslapping Hanuman with her wings when his ego becomes too big. She is quick and hits a lot, but is weak both on offense and defense. Gets a bit stronger after evolving, but is still weak.

"Curry" Frillish -> Jellicent
    Caught whenever, not sure yet. A Casanova wannabe. He tries to harm every female, and particularly effeminate male, Pokemon he comes across. In battle, he's the opposite of Barbara, hitting slowly but hard. After evolving, the extra mass slows him down. Will evolve against Brycen.

When the Unova trio breaks out, he'll just let others get them.

-Some Physical attacker as he would have a mixed, two special, and whatever Selina does-

-Open for an event-

I don't see any problem with events, it's just unfair to build for her to get good, powerful Pokemon early on which are rare to find. It'd be nice if we all has this sort of option early in.
    And who says you won't? It wouldn't be fun if I ruined ALL the surprise events, now would I?

Fair enough. Heh, I'll put my post up tonight DVB. Count me IN.

You know what, it seems that the RP's I'm in have slowed down(This one and Grand Adventures) so I decided, I shall be staying, and as for my pokemon team I think I will make my team as we travel. I'll see what's available and see what's offered in these special events. So far I'm thinking

Knight - Pawniard -> Bisharp
    Emerald - Pansage -> Simisage
    Sammy - Dewott -> Samurott
    Open
    Open
    Open

I will be doing the same thing as Krazy which is illustrating what my character illustrates, my drawings won't be great until I get better at drawing and hopefully I do.

EDIT: Made changes to team
    Last edited by BenjaminLDuco; 9th June 2012 at 5:39 AM.

So the only leaving will be Requiem. I will be bunnying aggie's character while we are gone. I will keep an eye for the rest of the group also to see if they will stay. Now, the first event will involve the elemental monkeys. However, I decided to mix things up.

You guys decide what line of rare pokemon will be next. They will be in Castelia City. In Nimbasa, you will be able to get the first-stage evolutions of the Unova Staters: Servine, Pignite, or Dewott.

That is all I will reveal currently

Maybe a Fossil Pokemon?

Fossils sounds good. Espeially if you opened it up to all the fossils (minus the Old Amber) and only had one of each available. And the team, other than Selina and Pansear are up in the air possibilities and open spots.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast