Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Unova Chronicles Discussion Thread

Hello everybody.

As most of you know, I'm the new guy in this RP. I haven't posted here before because I was unsure if I would be a permanent member. Most of you here posted a list of your future teams, so I guess I'll do the same.

Onix (starter)

Blitze----->Zebrastrika (Will be caught soon after Striation gym, evolves sometime near the electric gym)

Darumaka------->Daramation (Will be caught just before Burghs gym, will evolve at an unknown date)

Deerling------->Sawsbuck

Klink------->Klinkklang--------->Klinklangklank

Vullaby-------->Vullatrix

Note: This list is not completly accurate, and the last 4 may be subject to change. Also, I will not be partaking in the eevee or elemental monkey events.
    Last edited by Grassmaster411; 13th September 2012 at 10:42 PM.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmaster411 View Post
    Hello everybody.

As most of you know, I'm the new guy in this RP. I haven't posted here before because I was unsure if I would be a permanent member. Most of you here posted a list of your future teams, so I guess I'll do the same.

Onix (starter)

Blitze----->Zebrastrika (Will be caught soon after Striation gym, evolves sometime near the electric gym)

Darumaka------->Daramation (Will be caught just before Burghs gym, will evolve at an unknown date)

Deerling------->Sawsbuck

Klink------->Klinkklang--------->Klinklangklank

Vullaby-------->Vullatrix

Note: This list is not completly accurate, and the last 4 may be subject to change. Also, I will not be partaking in the eevee or elemental monkey events.
    Oh yeah, welcome. Just some things. You aren't going to evolve Onix? Also, you seem to be wrong on a good amount of the Unova Pokemon's names. They are Zebstrika (Not Zebrastrika), Darmanitan (Not Darmation), Klang (Not Klingklang), and Klinkklang (Not Klinklangklank), and Mandibuzz (Not Vullatrix).

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    Oh yeah, welcome. Just some things. You aren't going to evolve Onix? Also, you seem to be wrong on a good amount of the Unova Pokemon's names. They are Zebstrika (Not Zebrastrika), Darmanitan (Not Darmation), Klang (Not Klingklang), and Klinkklang (Not Klinklangklank), and Mandibuzz (Not Vullatrix).
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm not sure if I will evolve him or not. If this is more anime based than the game, then I see no need to. Besides, I just think onix looks cooler. There are quite a few pokemon I like more in there unevolved states.

My bad on the names. I am NOT a big fan of most of the Unova pokemon, so I never studiously memorized them. Prepare for more of that later I guess. I'm hoping I can catch pokes from other regions.

It will be a mix of the games and anime. Also, those aren't the only giveaways so pay attention! Also, the first gym battle is over and after the recess, Tyler, Rober and Jackson will fight the three gym leaders.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

This is going to be fun.
    RPGer Profile
    ~~~~
    [9:09 PM] delilah: achievement unlocked: use the phrase "drop it like it's hot" in my final biology project
    [1:55 AM] gabe: Presumably I don't get ###### rights because I'm English, and am thus expected to say "curse ye to Beelzebub's eternal damnation, knave"

Well, then Krazy and I have to hurry, huh? Alright, I'll see what i can do to get us there
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

It will be fun indeed. I'll post later, as I'm on school computers right now.

Since I'm now waiting on Inner, I think I might repost a redo of Kari's team. Not bad, I must say

Ralts-->Kirlia-->Gardevior

Frillish, Senior Moustache-->Jellicent

Eevee, Menerva-->Glaceon

Sewaddle, Delta-->Swadloon-->Leavanny

Litwich, Amanda-->Lampent-->Chandelure

Rufflet, Gai-->Bravery
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Quote Originally Posted by deltakurumiru4 View Post
    Since I'm now waiting on Inner, I think I might repost a redo of Kari's team. Not bad, I must say

Ralts-->Kirlia-->Gardevior

Frillish, Senior Moustache-->Jellicent

Eevee, Menerva-->Glaceon

Sewaddle, Delta-->Swadloon-->Leavanny

Litwich, Amanda-->Lampent-->Chandelure

Rufflet, Gai-->Bravery
    The King of Braves ... GAOGAIGAR!
    RPGer Profile
    ~~~~
    [9:09 PM] delilah: achievement unlocked: use the phrase "drop it like it's hot" in my final biology project
    [1:55 AM] gabe: Presumably I don't get ###### rights because I'm English, and am thus expected to say "curse ye to Beelzebub's eternal damnation, knave"

Is that spam?

I haven't really planned out a team for Molly, I suppose mostly she'd probably revive one of her fossils, since she's not a regular trainer. I should probably pick one. Maybe a couple other ground/rock types, or good diggers, like durant, diglet, or crustle.
    Problematic Paranormal Files

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - 10% off $15+)
    The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: When communicating, dolphins use a signature whistle to let others know who's singing.

Well, you should also wait and wait see what I have planned. There will be opportunities to get fossil pokemon.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

What pokemon from other regions will we have acess to? I'm hoping to get skorupi in the desert past Mistralon city, and a tropius later on as well. I will post my future team update later.

Not very many. The events are to make things itneresting so you only have Pokemon from Unvoa along with what you can get from the Events.

Yeah, what's the point of setting it in Unova if pre-Unova Pokemon popped up every five seconds. Anyways, strategy time guys.

Ignore my previous post, I've come up with a better idea.

My character is a pokemon conservationist, so It would make sense for him to be looking for "endangered" pokemon, catching them, then breeding them or releasing them into protected areas. Kanto has a lot of endangered pokemon, like lapras, farfetched, and chansey. And there are others such as relicanth, mamoswine, larvitar.

How about thats what my guy does (besides gym battles). The only problem with this is that I'm not sure there are any "endangered" Unova pokemon. I can only think of a few that might qualify, such as oshawatt, tynamo, minccino, and vullaby. But these are because of rarity and what they are based off of. Let me know if you guys can think of any endangered Unova pokemon.

I think I should have Evan catch a farfetched as his second pokemon, and I know its not from Unova, but I have a few reasons why it might work.

1. Farfetched is INCREDIBLY weak and pretty much useless in battle. If I get one in this RP, its only real battle purpose is to take out 1-2 of Burgh's pokemon.

2. I will have Evan release it as soon as we arrive at some kind of lake/swamp where other farfetched are.

So, thats my idea, please let me hear your thoughts on the matter.

Well, Grassmaster, a few things:
    1. I am nowhere near GM so I can't say for sure, but there are other non-Unova species but we're just trying to stick with ones available in the pregame of Black White. As such, you could probably find older gen ones, just not every two battles.
    2. This is a pretty anime style RPG, so just because Farfetch'd aren't good in-game doesn't mean one would suck here.
    3. Why release it? Especially since by the time we get to an area like that, you should have bonded with it. And if it is so endangered, shouldn't you keep it so it can later be bred safely in captivity?
    4. Seriously, if you are so unfamiliar with Unova Pokemon and prefer them, why sign up for an Unova RP? No offense, but I'm just wondering.

And a side-thing. Since an original, if kinda minor, part of this was there being groups. So what if, when we get to Nimbasa, after the gym, maybe a group takes a train to another city and adventures from there, making two groups. Just an idea that really could be tinkered with and wouldn't come up for a while anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    Well, Grassmaster, a few things:
    1. I am nowhere near GM so I can't say for sure, but there are other non-Unova species but we're just trying to stick with ones available in the pregame of Black White. As such, you could probably find older gen ones, just not every two battles.
    2. This is a pretty anime style RPG, so just because Farfetch'd aren't good in-game doesn't mean one would suck here.
    3. Why release it? Especially since by the time we get to an area like that, you should have bonded with it. And if it is so endangered, shouldn't you keep it so it can later be bred safely in captivity?
    4. Seriously, if you are so unfamiliar with Unova Pokemon and prefer them, why sign up for an Unova RP? No offense, but I'm just wondering.

1: That does make sense. I only asked because farfetched was the only idea I had for a second pokemon. I'm still working out my team.

2: True. I was hoping that fact would help even things out though. I would still keep it weak in this RP for fairness purposes.

3: Well, if endangered pokemon have the same issues as endangered animals, then releasing it once he finds a suitible habitat would be the best thing. Since the farfetched will be a wild pokemon to begin with, it would be much more genetically usefull to its species in the wild. Assuming humans have trouble raising baby pokemon so that they can survive in the wild, then it would be best if the farfetched was released to breed with others of its kind and raise young that can survive in the wild. Besides, I was planning on the farfetched making a later appearance, similar to Ash's charizard.

4: Its true I dislike many Unova pokemon. I mainly signed up because I knew DVB, and I was looking to try another pokemon RP, a type I rarely do.

I may have Farfetched. Not sure when though. I am currently waiting on the good folk to hurry and update for their gym battle.

Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    I may have Farfetched. Not sure when though. I am currently waiting on the good folk to hurry and update for their gym battle.
    Oh, wow. I honestly thought this was dead. I'll try and get in another post soon. So, DVB, any ideas for endangered Unova pokemon?

Uh... not much I can think of besides Larvesta and Zorua. There will be an opportunity to get one of those. Rufflets, Vullabys and Elgyems are stretches but could work.

Alrighty then, here is a team update.

Buldor: Onix------> Steelix(evolves after beating Iris)

Joule: Blitze(caught after first team Plasma encounter)-------> Zebstrika(evolves during Nimbasa gym battle)

Emolga

Buffoulant

Ducklett/farfetched

Vullaby(Caught before Iris Gym battle)------> Mandibuzz(Evolves on Victory Road)

I'm super sorry, DVB computer issues and such so I haven't post. I'll get a post in soon I promise.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Been lazy and procrastinating. But buying Pokemon White 2 should bring me back here.
    RPGer Profile
    ~~~~

Yeah, I've been being lazy too, but finally got enough will power to post. And now to wait for the others.

Thanks everyone It fills my heart with joy to see you guys still trying

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast