Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Creepypasta Thread.

The one that still disturbs me to the very core is Sonic.exe. Call me a sissy all you want, but the way Sonic is depicted really creeps me out, and the 4th-wall breaking at the end really puts the icing on the cake for me.
    I've seen a couple playthroughs of it, most notably Pewdiepie's playthrough.
    Omega Ruby Team

Team Pose by Astral Shadow.
    DA Account here

Proud owner of my childhood partner, Feraligatr ♡

Eh, it's okay. Seen it used before elsewhere years ago, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnah_23 View Post
    The one that still disturbs me to the very core is Sonic.exe. Call me a sissy all you want, but the way Sonic is depicted really creeps me out, and the 4th-wall breaking at the end really puts the icing on the cake for me.
    Markiplier made it tolerable to watch, even if it was creepy. Even Creepy Gaming did a segment on it, and I'll admit that it did unnerve me slightly, even though the kids were too dumb to live, apparently, so I wasn't scared of it. Tails Doll, on the other hand...

I'm not that big on creepypasta anymore like I was about a couple of years ago (even made a few of my own), but every now and then I'll look one up. I've always enjoyed the creativity of many of them, both original and fan theories. Some of them are pretty lame, but a lot of them are pretty convincing, and it makes you wonder how much research they did. My favorite's Candle Cove, and another was Cry Baby Lane before it was finally proven to exist--and even THEN it's still horrifying. The fact that Nickelodeon denied its existence for so long makes it extremely creepy and why it was the fuel source of all sorts of creepypasta.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

A lot of these seem like good spooky story to tell around the campfire material.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Markiplier made it tolerable to watch, even if it was creepy. Even Creepy Gaming did a segment on it, and I'll admit that it did unnerve me slightly, even though the kids were too dumb to live, apparently, so I wasn't scared of it. Tails Doll, on the other hand...

I'm not that big on creepypasta anymore like I was about a couple of years ago (even made a few of my own), but every now and then I'll look one up. I've always enjoyed the creativity of many of them, both original and fan theories. Some of them are pretty lame, but a lot of them are pretty convincing, and it makes you wonder how much research they did. My favorite's Candle Cove, and another was Cry Baby Lane before it was finally proven to exist--and even THEN it's still horrifying. The fact that Nickelodeon denied its existence for so long makes it extremely creepy and why it was the fuel source of all sorts of creepypasta.
    Pewdiepie made it tolerable to watch too, since he's always joking about things. Even a creepypasta game, but it was still pretty creepy nonetheless. And what with the screaming and Sonic.exe art at the end...*shudders*

I may have read Tails Doll at some point, but I don't remember it all that well. Did it have anything to do with that terrible Sonic racing game?

Yeah, some of them can suck sadly...I remember they made a sequel of Sonic.exe, named Sally.exe. It was way too vague, cliché, and some of the details in the story were superfluous. There was image of Sally.exe floating around somewhere with her eyes stitched shut, and instead of saying just that, they went overboard with descriptions.
    Omega Ruby Team

Team Pose by Astral Shadow.
    DA Account here

Proud owner of my childhood partner, Feraligatr ♡

I may have read Tails Doll at some point, but I don't remember it all that well. Did it have anything to do with that terrible Sonic racing game?
    Sonic R, yes. Tails Doll is a secret character, but the Tails Doll Curse was based off "urban legend" in which the kids rent/buy Sonic R just to discover from the very title screen that something wasn't right. Yet they continued to play it to their deaths (implied the Tails Doll that mysteriously showed up on their doorstep killed them). The kids in the creepypasta were extremely stupid >_>... But I can understand the popularity of the creepypasta. Tails Doll is pretty infamous/well-known (or both) amongst the fanbase, though most don't believe it. If anything, it's more-or-less done as an in-joke amongst the fans.

I remember they made a sequel of Sonic.exe, named Sally.exe. It was way too vague, cliché, and some of the details in the story were superfluous. There was image of Sally.exe floating around somewhere with her eyes stitched shut, and instead of saying just that, they went overboard with descriptions.
    Lol, the fact that Sally was never in any Sonic game should've given it away that it would be a stupid creepypasta. If it dealt with Sonic SatAM, then perhaps it would be better. Such a missed opportunity, and yet somehow it seems to have gained a small fanbase...
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I dont know why people are so scared of smile dog. Its just a dog,with a face like jeff the killer(well reminds me of) and a smile of a clown. But if you stare at it long enough......
    Anyway, my friend was playing slender at home and he said he got 8 pages without getting scared but then said at the end once he got ALL the papers Slenderman popped up because "do you really think they'll let you win the game with 8 pages" and he then wet himself. To be honest that is actually funny to me....

See this video of a cartridge tilt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZwT1r-D5g0 and skip to 8:30, THAT is the closest thing to a Creepypasta I've ever seen.

Ever since I watched YuriofWind on YouTube talk about Sonic.exe, I can no longer take it seriously. He turned it from a story that would normally have me hiding under my sheets to something I laugh at. Does that make me a bad person?
    Currently Soft Resetting:

Random Encountering at Castalia Garden: 655

MM: Hatched: 45 eggs

My Shinies: x2

I've read like 20 creepypastas, and my favourite ones are BEN Drowned, Sonic.exe, Tails Doll, Cursedtini, and Pokemon Creepy Black. My favourite creepypasta reader is Mutahar from SomeOrdinaryGamers. Just because he sounds like an actual human.
    Link: http://m.youtube.com/#/user/SomeOrdi...OrdinaryGamers
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

...and another was Cry Baby Lane before it was finally proven to exist--and even THEN it's still horrifying. The fact that Nickelodeon denied its existence for so long makes it extremely creepy and why it was the fuel source of all sorts of creepypasta.
    O_O Why did I go read that? I don't think I'll ever look at Nickelodeon the same way again...
    Currently Soft Resetting:

Random Encountering at Castalia Garden: 655

MM: Hatched: 45 eggs

My Shinies: x2

Attract Mode is quite good, as there's not many cliches: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Attract_Mode
    Also, I find Tommy Boy to be kinda freaky: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Tommy_Boy
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

My fourth grade teacher said he used to live around the Portland, Oregon area. I figured he'd know something about Polibius, and went to ask him. He replied, simpily saying, "The name sounds familiar...yes, I think I remember something like that." Then he was distracted by another student and walked away. Mysterious much, bro?
    SO, I HERD U LIEK MAGIKARP?

Sorry for the hiatus. I'll try to be back and active as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMagikarp64 View Post
    My fourth grade teacher said he used to live around the Portland, Oregon area. I figured he'd know something about Polibius, and went to ask him. He replied, simpily saying, "The name sounds familiar...yes, I think I remember something like that." Then he was distracted by another student and walked away. Mysterious much, bro?
    Urban legends always have truth behind them.
    I AM ERROR!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon~Master View Post
    A lot of these seem like good spooky story to tell around the campfire material.
    Yeah. CreepyPasta are just stories to make you wet your pants and get scared or have nightmares in your sleep. Basicly campfire stories but creepier, and the campfire is the internet in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMagikarp64 View Post
    I wish I knew someone from the Portland area from the 80s. I would really like to ask them that question, because it's a very intriguing urban legend. Of course, Cry Baby Lane was also considered an urban legend before it was revealed to have existed, and does exist--the movie, anyway. And since it seems to be very well-known amongst gamers, it wouldn't surprise me if Polybius existed.

Makes me wonder if there's a small connection between Polybius and Berzerk--because that game was released in 1980, and was blamed for the deaths of two teenagers. If anyone from the government heard of that, they would've made a game to test that theory if games can kill people, or at least mess with their minds. Considering how the government does have high-tech things they always deny having, but then years later come out to say it existed, it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to have been an experiment by the government.

Though considering how new video games were at the time, everything was probably done by accident and the creators went into hiding or constantly denied it to protect their reputations. It's either of the two... though it doesn't make the nightmare fuel less worse anyway you look at it.
    I survived Pupa.

I wish I knew someone from the Portland area from the 80s. I would really like to ask them that question, because it's a very intriguing urban legend. Of course, Cry Baby Lane was also considered an urban legend before it was revealed to have existed, and does exist--the movie, anyway. And since it seems to be very well-known amongst gamers, it wouldn't surprise me if Polybius existed.

Makes me wonder if there's a small connection between Polybius and Berzerk--because that game was released in 1980, and was blamed for the deaths of two teenagers. If anyone from the government heard of that, they would've made a game to test that theory if games can kill people, or at least mess with their minds. Considering how the government does have high-tech things they always deny having, but then years later come out to say it existed, it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to have been an experiment by the government.

Though considering how new video games were at the time, everything was probably done by accident and the creators went into hiding or constantly denied it to protect their reputations. It's either of the two... though it doesn't make the nightmare fuel less worse anyway you look at it.
    Oh, I think I've heard about Berzerk. Wasn't that the one with that creepy smiley -face named "Otto" that chased you around and it was never really known exactly WHAT happened if it caught you? Didn't both the victims end up getting caught by it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Oh, I think I've heard about Berzerk. Wasn't that the one with that creepy smiley -face named "Otto" that chased you around and it was never really known exactly WHAT happened if it caught you? Didn't both the victims end up getting caught by it?
    Yes, no, and yes.

Berzerk was one of those games where it could last forever if you didn't get killed (remember, it was an arcade game). In two different incidences, the teenagers, who were in separate arcades--probably also in different states--got high scores, and then had heart attacks possibly from the excitement. Not at the same time, one died months prior to the other. It got some people questioning whether arcade games were too much for people to handle, though they weren't exactly taken seriously, and nothing happened. Berzerk is still popular to this day, though I think you have to hunt it down in order to play it--if it's not available to play online.
    I survived Pupa.

Yes. I've seen Pewdiepie play it. I don't like it. Then again what;s with tails crying. Jeez, SLAP SONIC WITH YOUR TAIL BEFORE HE EATS IT AND KILLS YOU AND RUN! And with knuckles, put Knuckles knuckle in sonics face. Im sure sonicm from sonic.exe was hungry, FOR A KNUCKLE SANDWICH. But the game is still creepy. Just look at sonic's eyes in it..... O_o

Lame or trying to hard.
    Except Slenderman. Slenderman is terror incarnate. One of the most genius creations of recent decades, the modern day bogeyman.

The Spongebob one doesn't freak me out at all, as the day before I watch and read it, I had seen the actual episode (or one very similar).

There are several that do freak me out, but only like an "argh" in my head: God's Mouth (as I go caving with my friend). I can't remember the name of it but it's a man with a moustache, the camera has a red tint to it, and it's just him looking at you for 30 seconds, then his face changes so to have one eyebrow up and one down. It doesn't sounds scary but it is. Smile dog sometimes freaks me out as my German Shepherd likes to "smile" behind the conservatory glass door.

The gaming pastas that freak me out are BEN DROWNED and the one where the final boss it just noise and looks like a red background, and the images have aborted fetus' in the background.

I didn't find Pokemon Black scary at all.

biatch im fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by Electricbluewolf View Post
    The gaming pastas that freak me out are BEN DROWNED and the one where the final boss it just noise and looks like a red background, and the images have aborted fetus' in the background.

I didn't find Pokemon Black scary at all.
    It's Earthbound. It's more of a fan theory than a creepypasta.

Pokémon Black wasn't that creepy until I found a slightly extended version. Apparently, the narrator says the day before he sold the game, he took a quick look at it, and discovered by accident that after the screen goes black for a while, you hear the sound of Ghost, and red lights appear on the screen. Text then appears on the screen that says "GHOST CURSES YOU, ______", and the Ghost flashes on the screen with the creepy demonic drone. I wish I could find the video, it was pretty startling.

Speaking of game creepypastas, just discovered "Maria's Revenge" for Sonic Adventure 2. I'm not a Sonic fan and know only a little about about some of the games, but... holy crap. It's really well-made, and screenshots accompany it, but it gets a bit disturbing when the narrator unravels the theory of what happened.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by telivisionhead View Post
    Yes. I've seen Pewdiepie play it. I don't like it. Then again what;s with tails crying. Jeez, SLAP SONIC WITH YOUR TAIL BEFORE HE EATS IT AND KILLS YOU AND RUN! And with knuckles, put Knuckles knuckle in sonics face. Im sure sonicm from sonic.exe was hungry, FOR A KNUCKLE SANDWICH. But the game is still creepy. Just look at sonic's eyes in it..... O_o
    Oh, if you haven't already, just wait'll you see Version 5.0. After the Game Over screen, there's another level where you play as Sonic (the real, not-demonic one) in some sort of level that I'm pretty sure is hell. At a certain point, it displays an EVEN CREEPIER pic of Sonic.exe's face with more weird Japanese text onscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Oh, if you haven't already, just wait'll you see Version 5.0. After the Game Over screen, there's another level where you play as Sonic (the real, not-demonic one) in some sort of level that I'm pretty sure is hell. At a certain point, it displays an EVEN CREEPIER pic of Sonic.exe's face with more weird Japanese text onscreen.
    wo- wo- woah.....
    That would be cool having a sonic vs sonic battle.
    Good, normal sonic vs messed up, demon cereal killer sonic.
    Then again cereal killer sonic could win by killing sonic. It would be cool if I understood that japanese text so I can see what it says.

Where can i view the sonic.exe creepypasta?
    White 2 Team:
    Lvl. 100 (Leader: Nov-Ember)
    Lvl. 100
    Lvl. 100 shiny
    Lvl. 100 white
    Lvl. 100
    Lvl. 100

What's the professional nickname for a tattoo which covers the whole arm for example? It just slipped off off my mind

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast