Most ambitious: Simisage
    Coolest: Whimsicott
    Most determined: Metagross
    Least lazy: Whismur
    Most ambitious: Gliscor
    Coolest: Sceptile

Default 93F: The Anti-Anti-Climax

Eliminations on 92F

…And by “tomorrow,” I meant tomorrow according to Pago Pago time, of course. (not original) Guess what, y’all? After having been on hiatus for what seemed like several Face-Off cycles, the leader board has finally been updated! On 94F, you’ll have to stay tuned for its first practical application.

AuraKingVII and Eye Guy pick up Arco Nuggets, Doubloonies and Celestial Shards galore for their passwording prowess.

Wow, Arceus isn’t unbeatable after all. Of course, we all knew that already after it was simultaneously captured by hordes of 10-year-old kids the world over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NINETY-THIRD FLOOR
    With a grinding noise that provides a perfect conclusion to a heavy metal tune, a ladder emerges from the column beside you. Your rock-and-roll dream having been realized (if your rock-and-roll dream is watching a jam session between a bunch of out-of-tune animalistic critters, that is), you proceed up the ladder and come on to more fantastical visions in the next level of the Ultimate Zone.

Recorded horns and noisemakers roar to life as you enter the space ahead, blasting out yet another badly tuned fanfare welcoming your arrival. Banners, welcoming the victorious crowd of Enlightened Ones as well as the SEREBII journalists who have covered their saga, line every wall.

You are in the heart of what looks to be the cavernous gymnasium of the Arcology’s high school. Or is it your high school? Well, the Ultimate Zone is weird. In a good way. It’s almost as if it’s been adjusting itself to be… whatever you want it to be.

One thing strikes you as odd, however. There are no hoops within your sight. Nor do you find any soccer nets, hockey goals or, for that matter, even any disc golf targets upon them. Save for banners and three doors marked CELINA, NATALIE and IRAZU in faded print, the walls are completely bare. What goes on in here, anyway? And then you find out. Two Arconauts on your left speak.

“Hey, let’s battle!” says a lively, high-pitched critter.
    “Yeah!” replies a demonically low legendary voice.

It’s the first time you’ve ever heard that in school. Particularly in your gymnasium, which was always filled with those lowlives who would sooner have their faces punched in with rogue basketballs than be caught mentioning Pokémon battles. Even in the Pokémon world, the preponderance of never fails to amaze you. Except now. You’re amazed by failing to be amazed by the amazing anti-Pokémonical ignorance that plagued you all your life. Anti-anti-Pokémon. Amazing, isn’t it?

Everyone has fun, respects each other and engages in friendly battles with mythical behemoths. You’re witnessing your senior year the way it was meant to be.

Strongest:
    Most friendly:
    Most popular:
    Most popular:
    Strongest:
    Most friendly:
    Most popular:
    Most popular:

“Most popular” is going to become even more popular in the next couple of days. Well, vote now!
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

May your quirky characters and edgy plot twists
    live forever inside our minds.

Because according to producers
    and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

Strongest: Flygon
    Most Friendly: Whismur
    Most Popular: Growlithe
    Most Popular: Riolu
    Strongest: Rayquaza
    Most Friendly: Gliscor
    Most Popular: Sceptile
    Most Popular: Braviary
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Strongest:
    Most friendly:
    Most popular:
    Most popular:
    Strongest:
    Most friendly:
    Most popular:
    Most popular:

Most friendly: Azelf
    Most popular: Tornadus
    Most popular: Samurott
    Strongest: Reshiram
    Most friendly: Gliscor
    Most popular: Haxorus
    Most popular: Empoleon
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Most friendly: Meloetta
    Most popular: Growlithe
    Most popular: Riolu
    Strongest: Moltres
    Most friendly: Simisage
    Most popular: Sceptile
    Most popular: Braviary
    Face-Offer #8
    alto sax
    mY oh mY I love Pokémon Y.

Most friendly: Articuno
    Most popular: Growlithe
    Most popular: Ho-oh
    Strongest: Zekrom
    Most friendly: Kirlia
    Most popular: Sceptile
    Most popular: TOGEKISS

I have officially claimed Omega Ruby!! Woo!

Sorry guys, I'm caught up in studying for final exams and have virtually no free time at the moment. Will update tonight or tomorrow, but may not have all the flavour text. Just remember: this is the Ultimate Zone. Words don't do it justice. But stay tuned for an update soon.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

Default 94F: Breaking the 94th Wall

Eliminations on 93F

A couple battles for the ages here. In the Ultimate Zone’s dream high-school area, Reshiram and Zekrom cross paths, with the latter taking the cake, having received two votes in the “Strongest” category. Oddly enough, I’m pretty sure Zekrom was always more popular in my school, too.

Eye Guy was lucky (or “skilly”) enough to get all three of our latest passwords, CELINA805, NATALIE702 and IRAZU492, netting him, respectively, a Celestial Shard, a Doubloonie and another freakin’ Basalt. AuraKing did well to find IRAZU and also picks up its corresponding glory. Leader board to be fixed tomorrow; I gotta get to bed.

Stay tuned, because – and this time we really mean it – a new update, however brief, will arrive every day until THE END.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NINETY-FOURTH FLOOR
    You emerge into a thoroughly indescribable room. Not indescribable, mind you, because of its awesomeness (although you are in the Ultimate Zone, and for once, there are coffee machines that dispense something other than that horrid brew you tried on 17F). Indescribable because the creator has some rather more pressing business to attend to at the moment. If anyone wants to see more description, I can always add it in later.

Wow, you’ve gone so high that you’ve passed beyond the tower… beyond the clouds… and now beyond the fourth wall.

You glance around a grand, antique atrium, furnished with chandeliers and illuminated by a celestial glow from far above. It’s very similar to the Arcology’s main lobby, in fact. But with more of that “celestial glow from far above” stuff. Just before the vicious fray gets under way, however, you notice something out of the ordinary.

An ancient cast-iron elevator stands in one corner of the lobby. Although it appears innocent enough, as you approach it, a voice speaks to the back of your mind, a voice that seems to say: “Nuggets… Nuggets… Nuggets…”
    In a very fortuitous accident, you notice a Pokémon pick up an Arco Nugget that somebody dropped on the ground. Leaving the usual battles far behind, it jumps into the elevator and instantly advances to 95F.
    Finally, you’ve discovered a use for all that treasure that was just sitting around in your backpack, haven’t you?

Time for some twists. Not plot twists. Just the standard kind. Let’s step outside the fourth wall again.

If you have an Arco Nugget, you can give it to a Pokémon now. Whoever you give it to will advance automatically to 95F without having to undergo You can do this as many times as you like provided you have enough Arco Nuggets. If you wanted to automatically save Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle (classic examples), you would post:
    Save:
    Any Pokémon that has been saved cannot be eliminated on this floor, regardless of how many votes the others get.
    Remember, you must have Arco Nuggets in order to save.
    If you have any questions, just PM me.

Also, from here on in, there are no categories. Just vote for your favourites.

Greatest:
    Greatest:
    Greatest:
    Greatest:
    Greatest:
    Greatest:
    Greatest:

Vote now, unless you’ve got the Nuggets. If you do, save first and ask questions later.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

Greatest: Empoleon
    Greatest: Haxorus
    Greatest: Tornadus
    Greatest: Samurott
    Greatest: Zekrom
    Greatest: Gliscor
    Greatest: Serperior
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Do we only get to use Arco nuggets on this floor? Or can we save some for later?
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Greatest: Meloetta
    Greatest: Haxorus
    Greatest: Rayquaza
    Greatest: Riolu
    Greatest: Zekrom
    Greatest: Sceptile
    Greatest: Moltres

Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    Do we only get to use Arco nuggets on this floor? Or can we save some for later?
    For now, only on this floor. Good question.

EDIT: Brief updates complete. Leaderboard fixed to account for new treasures; signature also overhauled for first time in two months. Ah, the joy of finals. I think I'll keep 94F open until tomorrow. VOTE NOW!
    Last edited by W.T.; 7th December 2012 at 3:16 AM.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

A couple more questions: Do I get to save and vote, or just save? (I assume it's the latter, but I just need to make sure.) Also, can I save two Pokemon from the same category?

Quote Originally Posted by W.T. View Post
    For now, only on this floor. Good question.
    What do you mean, "for now"? That doesn't really answer my question...
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

What do you mean, "for now"? That doesn't really answer my question...
    Actually, yes, with only six floors to go, this will be the only floor where you can use Arco Nuggets.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

Ok. I'm also curious about AuraKingVII's questions, so I'll wait for that answer before I post.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

As I promised, another update: I'd like to reveal how the ending is going to go.

Floors 95F and 96F will feature the last of our portals, so if you haven't collected treasure yet, now is your chance. The field will start to narrow rapidly until we have only two competitors remaining. On 99F, the two competitors will face off in one final challenge, which may take up to a week, to determine our overall champion. May the best animate being win.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

I'll repost his questions in case they were missed:

Do I get to save and vote, or just save? (I assume it's the latter, but I just need to make sure.) Also, can I save two Pokemon from the same category?
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I'll repost his questions in case they were missed:
    I believe you can save and vote. And the answer to the 2nd question is probably yes.

Oh, sorry, AuraKingVII! Never noticed your questions. The answers are yes and yes. You can save (including as many Pokémon from the same category as you want to, as long as it's less than all of them), AND then vote for your favourite remaining unsaved one.

I know this is a lame excuse for an update. But 95F to be up tomorrow afternoon.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast