Thread: Fan-fiction Tips Please

Default Fan-fiction Tips Please

Hello everyone, I was looking for a thread for this, but couldn't find one so I made my own. I want to become a fanfic writer on serebii, but this will be my first time writing fanfics, or rather, typing them. So I am asking for some tips. When I post my first fanfic, please post what I did wrong in it, so I can become a good fanfiction writer. Thanks
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6624-1567
    Credit to Overkill for the great banner!

Unfortunately, threads in the Authors' Café asking people to read and comment on your fic are not allowed - everybody wants people to comment on their fics, after all, so we'd just get everyone making threads.

In any case, welcome to the forums, and it's great to know you're receptive to critique! Trying to give tips and advice to new authors is the standard around here, so hopefully you'll receive lots of great feedback when you start posting, even without making special threads to ask for it.

Chapter 63: Recovery
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.