Thread: mysterial - the toughest CPU opponent you have ever faced?

Default mysterial - the toughest CPU opponent you have ever faced?

personally, i am in favour of saying that mysterial is indeed the best of the best and the toughest CPU trainer i've ever faced (few teams of my friends or even my own teams are better), and despite the knowledge i have of the identity of his teams, i still greatly struggle to beat him (have done a few times...but never as easily as he has done with me, hes beaten me an awful lot more than ive beaten him) i remember on stadium 2 battling your rival with his ho-oh, lugia and mewtwo (all of which pokemon mysterial has on his teams) thinking that this was probably the hardest battle ive been in against a CPU (probably wasnt but wasnt far off it because it is a 6-on-3 battle, but mysterial has surpassed it). i can spot a couple of questionable things with his team that i would do differently e.g. that awesome latios of his doesnt know psychic (not the end of the world, still tremendously powerful but you'd think it'd have it...but it doesnt). mysterial has 3 different teams when you face him in rank 4 and rank 8 (focusing on rank 8), unfortunately i've only ever faced 1 of those teams, the drizzle based team, and from what ive experienced i wouldnt be surprised to hear that this team is his powerhouse team. but what i ask is a simple matter of opinion, i personally believe he is, but what do you think? is mysterial the toughest trainer you've ever fought on any of the games?

his 3 rank 8 teams being: -

;

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mysterial
    they look impressive on paper....try battling them.

well hes for sure part of the strongest ones, and to the stronges ones belong in my opinion the final fight on pokemon XD orre colosseum and on pokemon colosseum orre colosseum lvl 100 -> those 2 and mysterial are the 3 hardest ;P

but also we have to consider his kyogre is using that item, without it he wouldnt be that strong, I mean the other 2 bosses from pokemon XD and colosseum are way stronger even without that item =)
    Get Back the Pokemon Colosseum and XD times!

Always ready to have a fight on Pokemon Battle Revolution =)

PBR Code:0690-8946-4641

i've only ever battled the drizzle team in set 8, and he is intense. based on the battles i've had, as well as what has been used and what hasnt been used when ive beaten him and what has been mentioned above, i think i would rank it

1. mewtwo
    2. kyogre
    3. latios
    4. palkia
    5. lugia
    6. manaphy

OMG Please. I have a grudge with his Palkia.

palkia is undoubtedly great, but it lacks the speed of the top 3, and also while it has excellent sp. attack, it is still not as good as kyogres (boosted by drizzle), mewtwo with expert belt, and latios with soul dew (boosting its sp. attack and sp. defence stats by 50%), palkia lacks thunder which the top 3 know (plus my palkia) and also brine is just not that good, understandable that its brine and not surf but still makes palkia in the bottom half of his team in my opinion, but thats all it is...opinion, the interesting thing is that one of the times i beat him, it was down to his and my palkia, his was faster, we both used spacial rend on each other (mine survived by mm on health) and mine KO'd his .