Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #76

Default Community POTW #76

For the next 6 or so weeks, we have scrapped the RNG and are going with ones to tie in with the new games and the new movie.

First up is the first of the Muskedeer quad, Cobalion

Cobalion is an awesome Pokémon and is capable of some decent stuff

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/638.shtml

Go nuts

Tank
    Item: Leftovers
    EVS: 252 HP/128 Atk/ 128 Def
    Nature: Impish
    Iron Head
    Subsitute
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

Edit: First Post!
    Last edited by SneaselFTW; 10th June 2012 at 2:16 PM.

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Oh yes, one of my mains. I'll gladly spend some time writing something up for you, Cobalion!

Sword of Choice
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly/Naughty
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    Item: Choice Scarf/Band
    Ability: Justified

- Close Combat / Sacred Sword
    - Iron Head / X-Scissors / Stone Edge / Double Kick / Volt Switch

Close Combat is a strong and reliable STAB attack, though it does have well noted drawbacks. If you want to stay in there and keep attacking, or be a threat to Curse users, Sacred Sword is a great alternative. Iron Head doesn't catch too much coverage, but it does have STAB and a nice flinch rate. X-Scissors catches Psychic and Dark types, though the latter seldom intimidates Cobalion. Stone Edge has nice power, but iffy accuracy and a lot of coverage that Fighting type moves already have. Double Kick has STAB and pulverizes Substitute users besides Gengar. Volt Switch adds some more interesting coverage and scouts.

ParaShuffler
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 Atk

- Iron Head
    - Substitute
    - Thunder Wave
    - Roar

Cobalion has a very impressive defensive typing, and enough Speed to beat most Pokemon to the draw and hit them with Thunder Wave before they strike. Even better, he carries Roar as well, so he can shuffle them off the battlefield and repeat on more Pokemon and pick up hazard damage. Iron Head is the go to move here, since Cobalion will often go first and possibly cause Flinch, and no type is immune to Steel. Substitute lets Cobalion avoid status effects and other nuisances, and can usually set it up right in your opponent's face safely.

How effective is this set? I downed a Giratina, Arceus and Spiritomb with it alone. It can REALLY mess with your opponent if they don't catch onto it quickly.

Quick to Dance
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 Atk

- Iron Head
    - Sacred Sword / Substitute
    - Thunder Wave
    - Swords Dance

The idea of this set is pretty straightforward. Paralyze with Thunder Wave, then use Swords Dance as an opponent is switching out or screaming with rage. Cobalion is generally pretty bulky even without tons of investment, but don't expect it to be immune to OHKOs without a different EV spread. The EVs recommended above are to make sure that Cobalion can strike first as often as possible and stay in fighting condition as your opponent loses turns.
    Last edited by TimmahX; 10th June 2012 at 2:24 PM.
    This is a signature that doesn't eat up an absurd amount of space.

Ahh cobalion. My favourite of the squad from black + White. Such a beast defensively, and having every boosting move(swords dance, calm mind, Work up) makes this thing so unpredictable, and a terror to verse

Screw smogon, here's a set im gonna think of :3
    PhsyiLION@ Leftovers/life orb/ expert belt/choice band/scarf
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    Evs:252 atk, 252 spd 4 hp
    Ability: Justified (for all sets, only ability)
    Moves: Close Combat
    Iron Head
    Stone Edge
    Substitute/ x scissor/Swords dance

The only physical set available to cobalion, it doesn't have an amazing move pool. Dual stab in CC + Iron head, stone edge for flying types, and sub for switches or x scissor for slowbro and the like. SD if it's not a choice set

SpeciaLION@Leftovers/Life Orb/Choice specs/scarf
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    Evs: 252 Spa/252 Spd/ 4 HP
    Moves:
    Calm Mind
    Flash cannon
    Focus blast
    Volt switch
    Hidden Power Ice/Fire
    Again, standard sets. Focus Miss and cannon for dual stab, volt switch for switch initiative, and HP ice/fire for better coverage. Calm mind can be subbed for something else if choice is being used.

MixLION@Leftovers/Choice scarf/Life orb
    Nature: Naughty/Rash
    Evs: 200 Atk, 52 spa, 252 spd
    Moves
    Close combat
    Iron Head
    Volt switch
    Work up/ substitute/ X scissor
    A decent set that i 'made' CC and iron head dual stab and are better then it's special counter parts, Volt switch for that advantage and work up to boost both stats, or sub for switches. Scissor for more coverage

SuppLION@Leftovers/lum berry
    nature: Bold/Calm
    252 def, 252 HP 4 Spd or 252 Spdef 252 hp 4 spd
    Moves:
    Roar
    Toxic/Thunder wave
    Taunt
    Protect/Reflect
    Standard support. It may be outclassed by more defensive pokemon, but it can catch a pokemon or two by suprise. Standard support moves, won't bore you too much :3

Other options? Definitely. A rock polish set can be used, but is outclassed, and is still outrun by scarf users, eg flygon. Retaliate can be an option, but barbra stoudland does that better.

Opinion? I love cobalion. It's in my in game team as a work up set and it's amazing. Give it a try, it won't let you down

Next week: Terrakion.
    Last edited by Ttar's stone edge; 10th June 2012 at 2:32 PM. Reason: actual set(s)
    I have claimed the deadly snake Seviper, as of December 2 2011

Huge credit to Brutaka Blaziken and PkmnFn for the banner
    This archeops is currently staring into your soul. Deal with it.

Swords Dance
    Cobalion @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Head
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance/Hone Claws
    Last edited by grantholomew; 10th June 2012 at 2:18 PM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Cobalion is a pokemon with O.K stats all around the board, O.K mixed typing but with a weakness to Earthquake and spikes but with an immunity to Toxic Spikes and a resistance to Stealth Rock. However Cobalion doesn't have a terribly good movepool, O.K it gets S.T.A.B Close Combat and Stone Edge but that's about it for the stunning movepool as Steel S.T.A.B isn't very good. However in UU Cobalion finds it's niche as either a wall or a Physical sweeper because with fighting type stab and Steel typing it can preform both jobs equally well.

Swords Dance
    @Life Orb/White Herb
    252Atk/252Spd/4Def
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Iron Head
    This is the offensive Cobalion because with fighting type S.T.A.B, 90 Atk Stat and 108 Spd paired with solid defenses and Steel typing, Cobalion can easily get off a Sword Dace and sweep. Basicly you use Swords Dance then attack with the attacking move that suits your opponent. White Herb can be used if you don't like the defense lowering of Close Combat but otherwise just use Life Orb.
    Last edited by tomjames1966; 10th June 2012 at 2:37 PM.

Credit to iPokemon^

dont use aerial ace in competitive pokemon
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

Modest muskateer
    252 sp.atk, 252 speed, 4 HP

Flash cannon
    Focus blast
    HP fire/ice/flying
    Volt switch/calm mind

Adamant Asguard substitute
    Impish
    252 atk, 252 sp.Def, 4def /4 speed
    Substitue
    Close combat
    Iron head
    Rock slide
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 10th June 2012 at 3:29 PM.

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Ah, Cobalion. If only I had managed to catch you... although apparently they respawn once a season. Yeah, Cobalion is interesting.

Cobalion is one of those strange Pokemon with equal Defense and Speed for top base stats, plus the one ability that is basically relying on switch-ins to get any power. Unlike it's more common counterpart Terrakion, however, Cobalion backs up it's decent defense with only three weaknesses, although all are reasonably common, one of them being Fighting itself. So, if you use it, expect to have a Fighting type come at you. Oh, and an extremely limited movepool for moves. No Earthquake (WHAT?), and sets are hard to flesh out.

Ability
    Justified: Only option here. Boosts attack by one stage when hit with a Dark-move, but doesn't negate damage. Unfortunately, as with most other Justified users, isn't quite justified a place - only one is likely to cop any Dark-type moves, and that's from a novice who thinks Gallade is still weak against Dark. All the others, barring the Arcanine family, resist Dark-moves anyway, and the Musketeers, plus Lucario, are going to be scaring away Dark-types, especially the Choice-d kind you'd like for this to work.

All for One and One for All!
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Att) OR Adamant (+Att, -Sp.Att)
    EVs: 40HP, 252 Att, 216 Spd
    Close Combat/Sacred Sword
    Stone Edge
    Iron Head
    X-Scissor/Swords Dance

Yeah, this is the extent of Cobalion's decent physical movepool, plus one of the best Physical boosting moves in the game. Sweeper, this ain't. Try Terrakion for that. Uh, I don't know what this would kill, nor do I want to know how you'd use it. I don't run Cobalion, both because I failed to acquire it when I first hunted it (the shame!) and because I haven't been bothered to throw Eevees at someone to trade for one - White 2 shall fix my lack.

Prediction? What is this?
    Nature: +Def, -Sp.Att) OR +Sp. Def, -Sp.Att)
    EVs: 40HP, 252 Sp. Def, 216 Def
    Metal Burst
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Swagger

Now THIS set, I could see myself running. Close Combat and Stone Edge fool the opponent into thinking this is a semi-stalling Tank set, when in actual fact, the main two weapons are Metal Burst and Swagger. This set LOVES damage, because of Metal Burst. Swagger helps by setting up confusion and boosting physical attack, making the opponent stronger, but Metal Burst is where this set shines. Any damage off an attack is dealt back x1.5. Not bad, considering it doesn't need to to predict a physical or special move. Basically, if you bait in an Earthquake, unboosted, from most things, you should survive, and Metal Burst should score the KO. This is a one-shot stratagy, because as soon as you give away the presence of Metal Burst, they'll stop attacking...and maybe try letting a burn kill you, which is most likely doomed to failure. Or, y'know, you could switch it out. No recovery hampers the set, hence the inclusion of Swagger, for lack of a better move.

It's got great defense, so a defensive Calm Mind set could work.

Cobalion@Leftovers
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice]
    ~ Substitute / Thunder Wave / Toxic / Flash Cannon / Volt Switch
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -SpA)
    Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Alot of emphasis on the physical defense side, as once it has acquired a few boosts it can take hits well on both sides of the spectrum, with Leftovers aiding in the cause. Calm Mind gets these boosts, while Focus Blast functions as the main STAB, and can easily cause some hefty damage after some boosts despite the fact that there is no SpA investment. Hidden Power Ice allows for Cobalion to tackle Dragons and Gliscor for very significant damage. The last slot is up for many choices. Substitute in conjunction with Cobalion's fantastic physical defense allows for it to come in on any physical attackers and set one up, assuring a boost. Thunder Wave is nice for team support, and can help Cobalion cripple faster threats. Toxic is always nice for some residual damage. Flash Cannon provides an additional STAB attack, but competes for a slot on a more defensive variant. Volt Switch is an interesting choice, as it lets Cobalion switch out on a threat while at the same time causing some damage.

Cobalion...wow, uh...I really don't like to post for legendary Pokemon, regardless of tier, but I do have plenty o' thoughts on the Muskedeer quartet. Great Defense, Slightly-Above Average Sp.Def, Good HP, equally-Good offensive stats, Great Speed that's better than last Gen's Uber Dragon's (Garchomp), Justified Ability with a quad-resistance to Dark, and some spectacular STAB Moves:
    -Sacred Sword gives you the effects of Unaware for the attack
    -Close Combat is outright powerful
    -Iron Head is strong with a Flinch chance (made better by Cobal's Speed)
    -Double Kick helps you chip through Substitutes
    -Flash Cannon and Focus Blast help you get past Physical Walls with accuracy and power, respectively, and may lower Sp.Def if you're lucky

Other Moves to consider include Poison Jab (purely for the lucky Poison chance in addition to the damage), X-Scissor, Stone Edge, Aerial Ace, and various buffs, such as Swords Dance, Hone Claws, and Work Up. Volt Switch is nice, too, considering Cobal' is quad-resistant to Stealth Rock.

Cobal-Mixed
    Stats: Neutral, Sassy (Sp.Def up, Speed down), Gentle (Sp.Def up, Defense down), or Hasty (Speed up, Defense down) Nature, Max Speed, split attacks OR Max attacks, rest Speed
    Item: Life Orb, Pinch-buff Berry, or Leftovers
    Moves: Iron Head, Focus Blast, Stone Edge, Hone Claws
    Strategy: Hone Claws will buff Accuracy for Stone Edge and Focus Blast while buffing Attack for Iron Head and Stone Edge. Once you think you are buffed adequately, go on the offensive.

Cobal-Scarf
    Stats: Same as the above set, preferring Gentle or Hasty
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Moves: Sacred Sword/Double Kick/Close Combat (depending on what you expect to face), Flash Cannon, Stone Edge, Volt Switch
    Strategy: Usual Mixed-Scarf Sweeper strategy. Volt Switch is for scouting purposes.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Ability:
    Justified: Cobalt's (from now on I'll use this nickname) Attack stat is raised by one stage when the Pokémon is hit by a Dark-type move, useful mainly in Doubles/Triples (Say hi to Beat Up) and because of Cobalt's 4x resistance to Dark type moves

Pros:
    High Def and Spd (129/108)
    Decent offensive stats (90 each)
    Massive amount of resistances (normal resists 6 types, has a 4x resistance to 3 types and a Poison immunity)
    Entry hazard high resistance (insane resistance to Stealth Rock and immunity to Toxic Spikes)
    Immune to Sandstorm

Cons:
    Vulnerable to Fire, Fight and Ground (which happen to be 3 of the most common types in competitive play)
    Not so high Sp Def (only at 72)
    Sunny Day makes Cobalt even more vulnerable to Fire type moves (mainly Flamethrower and Fire Blast)
    Unable to use Earthquake

The Cobalt Sword of Justice
    Cobalt@Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Sp Def
    Iron Head
    Retaliate/Stone Edge/X-Scissor
    Retaliate/Stone Edge/X-Scissor

Iron Head is your flinching inducing STAB move of choice (I like flinching opponents to death) usable thanks to Cobalt's high Speed (even higher with Choice Scarf), Close Combat is able to tear apart anything which doesn't resist or is immune to Fight type moves while Sacred Sword (musketeer's signature move) ignores opponent's Curses and Iron Defences for example, Stone Edge covers Fire types, Retaliate is for revenge-killing purposes while X-Scissor is just a filler move to hit Darks, Grasses and Psychics for super effective damage.
    Last edited by Star Champion AJ; 10th June 2012 at 3:23 PM.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Try this set.
    Colbalt wall
    -toxic
    -volt switch
    -sacred sword
    -roar/reflect/rest
    Calm/careful
    Item leftovers
    Evs 252 hp or speed, 128 sp def, 128 def
    Ok, time to explain. Toxic for status, volt switch- volt turn, sacred sword so you can take on steels, roar for phazing/reflect for stats and rest for hp.

Set 2
    Steely focus
    -Flash cannon
    -Focus blast
    -Volt switch
    -hidden power dark/water/grass/ice
    Item choice scarf/choice specs/life orb
    Modest
    Evs 252 sp att, 252 speed, 4 sp def
    Simple. 2 stab moves for strong damage, volt switch-see above, hidden power:dark to halt ghosts from walling you, water for grounds, grass for swampert and other grounds, ice for gliscor and garchomp.

Cobalion. I've never faced this in my shor stint in UU, but he has great defence, amazing speed and nice balanced offences. It's movepool is a bit barren and it's Spdef looks dissappointing but remains an accountable threat with a Swords Dance under it's belt.

Counters
    Slowbro. It resists both of its STABs, has reliable recovery in Slack Off and Regenerator. It only really has to fear a +2 X-scissor and the odd Volt Switch or Hidden Power[Ghost]. It can also burn him with Scald. Gligar only has to worry about Hidden Power[Ice] and takes minimal damage from anything else. It's uninvested Earthquake can 2KO it after Spikes! Zapdos can stall out Stone Edge with SubRoost and prey on it's weaker Spdef with Heat Wave.
    Scarf Victini and Scarf Chandelure comfortably switch in on Cobalion's STABs but need to watch out for Stone Edge and HP[Ghost]. Lots of other Scarfers like Heracross, Darminitan and Rotom-H can take it out with ease but don't forget it's massive Defence of 129. Scarf Krookodile's Earthquake does 76.16% - 90.09% for example.
    I have no idea how good or bad Cobalion is as I've never battled against it. All I can truly say is good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Ah, yes. A great Defensive Pokemon. Its almost like Gamefreak heard that fans said Lucario had a geat defensive typing, but lacked the defensive stats to be a defensive Pokemon, so they made Coballion, who has the same typing, but much higher defenses. Its bulk can also make it a great Swords Dance sweeper, which I generally prefer.

Ability
    Justified: Coballion is easily the best user of it. It has high defenses and has a quadruple resistance to Dark type moves. It allows it to easily get to +3 attack.

Here goes a set:
    Swords Dance
    Item: Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    - Iron Head / X-Scissor
    - Sacred Sword / Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance

This is the set I use most often. Iron Head provides STAB, and Coballion is fast enough to abuse the flinch chance. X-Scissor provides better coverage though, and can be used against Coballion's most common counters, Slowbro, Slowking, and Starmie. Close Combat is Coballion's most powerful move. However, if you want to maintain Coballion's good defenses, Sacred Sword is a great alternative, as it not only doesn't have defense drops, but hits though defense boosts. Stone Edge is mainly a move to hit Victini and other fire-types that threaten Coballion. Swords Dance is a need on this set, as Coballion has an average 90 base Attack stat.

(*Might post more sets later*)

Other Options
    Metal Burst can get an almost certain KO with defensive investment, but Coballion is generally too fast to pull it off.
    Rock Polish is an interesting option on an offensive set, but Coballion must then forgo a coverage move or Swords Dance. Without Swords Dance, Coballion becomes a lackluster attacker.
    Reflect, Safeguard, Roar, Toxic, and Substitute sum up the rest of Coballion's support movepool, but Coballion lacks reliable recovery.

Counters
    Slowbro is generally the best counter to the Swords Dance set, as it resists Coballion's STABs and has a high defense stat. Slowking on the other hand, does what Slowbro does, but can wall Calm Mind sets. Both must watch out for a +4 and +2 X-Scissor, respectively though. Victini can OHKO defensive Coballion with V-Create, but can't threaten more offensive sets, as Coballion is faster and often carries Stone Edge. Other faster fire types like Speed Boost Blaziken can come in on X-Scissor or Iron Head and KO with STAB moves.
    Last edited by MatchMaster; 10th June 2012 at 3:35 PM.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Mixed
    Item@ Scope Lens
    Nature: Relaxed (I can't control my Cobalion's nature)
    EVs: 252 Atk. 252 Sp. Atk. 4 Spd.
    Moves: Aerial Ace
    Volt Switch
    Flash Cannon
    Sacred Sword

Aerial Ace handles Grass and other Fight types that may try to take advantage of that Part Steel type thing. Volt Switch handles water types, and allows Cobalion to make a quick escape if necessary. Flash Cannon is for STAB, as is Sacred Sword.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

Well, since I'm now in charge of the doubles section(so PM me if you have any questions)

http://pastebin.com/363xJLYx

!

I chase the dream, not the competition.

I love Cobalion. In fact, it is the only legendary that I use on my teams. It's great typing allows it to be both offensively threatening and a defensive force to be reckoned with, giving it 3 4x resistances (including Stealth Rock), 6 2x resistances, and a poison immunity in the cost of only 3 weaknesses. It shares the typing with Lucario, which is more usable than our lovely iron goat, but the two plays differently. While Lucario is stronger, Cobalion has greater speed and bulk, allowing set up to become easier. The big let down is the movepool, which is far inferior when compared to the the fighting Egyptian jackal. Justified may be situational, but no other pokemon takes advantage of this ability better than Cobalion. Switch in on a well-predicted dark-type move and you gain a boost in attack in a minimal price of a 4x resisted damage, plus the natural great defense. Despite his flaws, Cobalion has enough ground to proudly stand on, and does his thing majestically.

The Iron Goat
    Item@ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk. 252 Spd. 4 HP.
    Moves:
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat / Sacred Sword
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor / Taunt

The set is a straightforward set up set. Switch in with your bulk (ideally on a physical dark move) and get Swords Dancing. Close Combat is your key move and STAB, and while makes you lose your bulk it is much more powerful than Sacred Sword. Stone Edge is your main coverage move and X-Scissor is your secondary one, used mostly to deal with bulky psychics. Alternatively, you can switch X-Scissor for Taunt in order to stop walls and stallers in their tracks. You can use either Life Orb for more power or Leftovers for helping it last longer.

It's Dialga's deformed cousin, except 10x wiser than he is (in my poke-plush series, Dialga is Naive and not too bright).

Stop in the name of the law!
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 189 Sp. Def, 67 Def, and 252 Att
    Item: Leftovers, a sitrus berry, or an iron ball (for trick room)
    Moves:
    Quick Guard
    Helping Hand/Reflect
    Sacred Sword
    Iron Head

A basic semi support move set. In case of any possible fake outers, you use the quick guard so your buddies can pull off their moves. Helping hand is for helping your teammate if Cobalion's attacks don't work out like going against a Jellicent.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

I love the musketeer trio and Cobalion is no exception. Cobalion has average offensive abilities and a stellar defense stat, complemented by a fighting/steel type combo.
    However, that is where Cobalion's positives end. A not too good special defense stat leaves it wide open to any Flamethrower or Earth Power that Chandelure or Nidoking brings to the table. This isn't too big of an issue as Cobalion has access to Calm Mind to alleviate that problem. Cobalion's movepool is very unimpressive, leaving it with useless moves and just barely enough to build a moveset.
    However, it has one really amazing design.
    Now, time for movesets.

Status Cobalion
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 sp defense, 100 defense and hp, 52 attack
    @: Leftovers

Toxic
    Thunder Wave
    Volt Switch
    Iron Head/Sacred Sword

The idea is status and Volt Switch. The STAB move of choice is actually Iron Head because it otherwise will be walled by stuff like Gengar and Golurk. However, Sacred Sword can be used anyway for the added power. Don't use Close Combat on this set. Stay Bulky my friends.

Cobalion Draws his Sword... and does a dance
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 attack and speed, 4 hp
    @: Life Orb/Leftovers

Swords Dance
    Iron Head
    Stone Edge

A standard boosting attacker.

Calm Mind Cobalion
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 sp attack and speed, 4 hp
    @: Life Orb/Leftovers

Calm Mind
    Focus Blast
    Flash Cannon
    Hidden Power Rock/Dark

Another boosting attacker.

Other options:
    Rest can do some hp recovery.
    Metal Burst is a powered down version of Counter and Mirror Coat at once, but it DOES NOT have negative priority and Cobalion is too fast to use it. You can equip a Lagging Tail or Iron Ball to fix that.
    Quick Attack is something Cobalion is not powerful enough to use. Don't bother.
    Poison Jab and Aerial Ace are either crap in coverage, or too weak to be useful.

That's Cobalion. I am really looking forward to Terrakion.
    I claim Buizel.

Okay here's a mixed set that is quite fun to use:

Cobalimix:
    - Ability: Justified
    - Item: Life Orb
    - Nature: Naive
    - Ev's: Attack, Speed, and bulk. You probably know the spread yourself...

Moveset:
    - Hone Claws
    - Iron Head
    - Focus Blast
    - Stone Edge/X-scissor/Volt Switch/Substitute/HP-Ice/Water/Grass

Boost attack and accuracy with Hone Claws, so Iron Head will hit harder (and hopefully get a flinch in the process) and Focus Blast will prove to hit more often if you become faced with a physical wall. The last slot gives you a bit more coverage, Stone Edge's accuracy gets boosted as well so that gives you more security as well. X-scissor deals with.. Well, just for coverage. You could also play around with something like Volt Switch if you feel that your lucky to also get the Sp.Def drop from Focus Blast, or Substitute and get more security in your usage from status'. Hidden Power is always there if you feel totally insecure about coverage...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I don't know what you guys are thinking, but i think that steel and fighting get pretty good offensive coverage against most sweepers...sure there's certain defensive typings that resist it, like golurk and gliscor, but most ou sweepers are not resistant to both

Imo he's pretty darn ugly looking too.first time i saw it, i was like," is it a goat, or a giraffe...or a horse?" No joke, it is fugly...
    Last edited by MetalCrow; 10th June 2012 at 5:13 PM.

Dance of the Sacred Sword
    Cobalion
    Nature: Careful (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Att.)
    EV's: 252 Hp, 128 Def., 130 Sp. Def.
    Moves:
    Sacred Sword
    Stone Edge
    Substitute
    Swords Dance

Even with no investment, 108 base speed is pretty solid. The Careful nature is a little odd, but that slight boost in Sp. Def. can often keep it alive long enough to deliver a finishing blow. The biggest types you'll have to worry about are Fighting, Fire, and Ground; and even then only if they're of the special spectrum should you really be afraid. Works as great bait for switching in an Air Balloon-ed Flash Fire user or any Ghost or Flying type. Can also be brought in on a dragon locked into Outrage to set up, or on an incoming Dark type attack which is 4x resisted, meaning you get a free attack boost since the attack itself won't leave a scratch. Speaking of which, this makes Psychic and Ghost types ideal partners due to the great type synergy and luring in those Dark type boosts. Once in place, it's pretty straight forward: throw up a Substitute to block statuses and for free Leftovers recovery while you set up, set up 3 Swords Dances, Substitute more as needed, then let the iron goat tear a path through your opponent's team. Sacred Sword lacks the power of Close Combat, but it doesn't drop Cobalion's defenses which would hinder it's tanking abilities. Besides, Sacred Sword bypasses any defenses they try to set up to compensate for your Sword Dances which is pretty cool in my opinion. Stone Edge provides some much needed coverage in Cobalion's limited range of attacks.

A Muskedeer can Volt-Turn too!
    Cobalion
    Item: Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid (+Spd , -Att.)
    EV's: 4 Hp, 252 Sp. Att., 252 Spd.
    Moves:
    Volt Switch
    HP Ice
    Focus Blast
    Metal Burst

Out of the three (or four if you count Keldeo), Cobalion is the only one of the muskedeers to get a volt-turn move, which it can put to good use with it's great speed, defenses, and typing. Just throw on a Specs to shore up that special attack, and let it loose. Hidden Power Ice gives boltbeam coverage, hits ground types that give Cobalion some trouble, and synergizes well with Focus Blast, which, getting STAB, does a lot of damage on it's own even though you have to contend with it's less than ideal accuracy. Then there's also Metal Burst to cause a surprise KO should the opportunity arise.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Cobalt Support

EVs: 252 Spe / 252 HP / 4 SpD
    Moveset:
    - Iron Head
    - Taunt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Swagger

Ok, this is a set for annoying someone. Taunt to stop hazards.
    Thunder wave and swagger make up the move missing set. Then iron head has a nice 30% chance of flinch, so not much will be able to attack through all that.
    I like a good fight, and I NEVER turn off the power when I'm about to lose a battle. Because of others doing this, and me not turning off, my record does not look how it should. It's shame that the pokemon world allows these cowards to escape a loss.

If more people don't do this, then pokemon battling will become more fair and fun.

If anyone wants to battle, I'm up for it. My Immence Salamences need their training.

well it have a skyrocket high defense the problem is he is weak to common offesive moves EQ, close combat and flare blitz

best set would be a SD set switch into a stone edge locked terrakion or ourage locked dragonite-> boost and sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast